Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I beat the final boss, ending movie was choppy as gently caress and then the game crashed.

Now to redo the final, long rear end battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I have a probably dumb question

When you're taking on superbosses and stuff you can more or less ignore driver combos right? Those are mainly just for farming cores?

I just really want to use Zenobia without being forced into needing to use Roc for smash

About not using driver combos...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEn0QLQgXuo

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Taear posted:

Considering how long and tedious some side quests are I'd be completely down with a blade as a reward since it might actually feel like it was worth it. Quests are so long with so many stages and I can't think of any better reward than to get a blade. Even if it was a random one that gave you any of the named blades.

Also whoever suggested fighting the level 92 dinosaurs to level was a genius because they're pushovers and get you loads of XP.

Anyway, chapter 9 spoilers here I think.
I'm in the big church in Elysium and I've just beaten Nia on my own. But Morag on her own is absolutely kicking the crap out of me. I've tried it with a healing blade equipped but the arts just take too long to charge up. I've got a save from before I started it but what is the best way around this?
The guide I looked at just says "it's an easy fight" which can gently caress off.

I'm level 76 and right now I've got the accessory that boosts my auto attack by 70% and one that lets me hit twice. I do have an Aux Core that can heal me but it doesn't feel like enough. I did okay against her with Gorg as my blade but everyone else I'm just getting walloped and barely doing anything.
What should I do?

I died during that fight, so I used my overpowered Sheba and went to pound town on everyone.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Fritzler posted:

I'm playing through the game in the last chapter, I had a heart to heart where Everyone talked about how we're going to defeat Malos.. Is this the final boss of the game?

Also still missing two blades Vale and Adenine, both seem good on Nia, so I'm pulling for them on her.

yes, you're at the end. There are superbosses to kill afterwards if you like.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Who's the best person to bond Vess to?

Also, is it possible to get more than one of the unique blades? As in if I pull the stupid polar bear and child blade can I also get her on Rex, or is it one and done, must user an Overdrive to bond to another person?

I used Vess on Nia.

You can only get one rare blade, no doubles.

Spoilers ahoy.

Rex gets the ability to use any blade down the road, so I would advise against giving him too many rare blades

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

New Game+ in Mid-February :dance:

Can someone translate the rest?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/sp/production-notes/index.html

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Silver Falcon posted:

I beat the highest level superboss last night! At least I think he's the highest? It was the lv 130 on at the Profaned thingy in Temperantia. That guy. I pasted his rear end GOOD.

Huge THANK YOU to the guy who suggested using Burst Symbols to jack up the damage on Chain Attacks! I was able to finish him off with only 5 elemental orbs and a Full Burst. I don't want to have to resort to using rando Blades with Orb Master because rando Blades are boring. I worked hard to get all the rares, drat it, and I intend to use them!

MVP was definitely Zenobia. Five with Zenobia is SO MUCH FUN to use! They're like a human blender, Berserker Slash over and over and over, and healing on top of that because Avant Garde Medals are cool.

I... guess there's not much point in grinding anymore, is there? If I can beat that guy, surely I can beat the other superbosses? I'll be anxiously awaiting New Game+, then. I really want to know what kinds of things carry over.

I heard Ophion is supposed to be harder

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Zopotantor posted:

Any tips on farming the food items you need when he's level 80?

warp to the leaning tower in temperantia.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Finally got the jerk in the art store in Theosir to give me his deed, so there's nothing left to do until the next DLC.

did you get rank S10 for every blade? :colbert:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

Jesus christ, would it have killed them to just have the Noppons speak in regular English.

I just tune out anything they say at this point because it's so grating. It's not cute when literally every other word is some sort of mangled English phrase.

There is a side quest that addresses your specific complaint.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Please. Rabbit-boob-monster.

You forgot about the massive man-hands.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Dr. Fetus posted:

After taking a break from this game for a while, the very first rare core I opened up had KOS-MOS in it. That's one hell of a welcome back gift. :stare:

So is there any point to opening more core crystals now that I have all the random rare blades?

Maxing and releasing a 4star common blade will give you a overdrive protocol.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Louisgod posted:

-Too many QTEs, which are especially annoying during salvaging as there isn't enough reaction time for the X and Y button presses. I know we had them in the prior XC games but in XC2 they feel lazy.

QTE during salvaging only affects about 10% of the drop.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Momomo posted:

Are you kidding me

Louisgod posted:

Then why even include it? Again, it just seems lazy and especially if it only has a 10% effect.

You don't have to get it perfect but don't fail it completely. Location and cylinder type have a greater impact.

Some people have stated having a higher salvaging rank helps as well.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Taear posted:

Are you sure? Actually more "how do you know that?"

My problem with the game, more than anything else, is how little information you get about how it all loving works.

It was mentioned in one of the informant documents.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

*Perfect*QTE during salvaging only affects about 10% of the drop.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Nintendo EU posted the english 1.3.0. notes.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...on-1338196.html

e:

quote:

As you might expect, you could potentially get them from a Common Core Crystal early in the game, which kind of wrecks the story, but our goal here is to prioritise making the game even more fun to play.
lol.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Raxivace posted:

I beat the game.
Also what was with the third Aegis core that gets brought up and then dropped out of nowhere in the last hour or so? That's a weird detail to just throw in.

It's heavily implied that the third core is Alvis from the 1st game

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Chernabog posted:

Has the patch with the new blades dropped? Or when is that? I've been on chapter 8 for a long while now, just doing random quests and stuff but I think I'm ready to just finish the game and move on to something else.

Patch was delayed to March 2nd.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Xenoblade 2 OST releases 05/23/2018

The Aegis Core Crystal USB drive is awesome and sold out. :(

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Reality Loser posted:

Where can I find more overdrive protocols? And by more I mean tons.

Max out 4 star common blade affinity charts.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Where's the one eyed monster? :colbert:

e: Update is live now.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 2, 2018

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

I haven't played since 1.2. Time to jump in after I do a NG+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

1.4.1 drops on the 25th.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/999486299017957377