Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just picked up a switch for this game, but I can't play till tomorrow :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You can click in the left stick and get an onscreen map!?!?!?

I keep doing it by accident because I'm wanting to "run" faster than what rex runs as and reset the minimap. It's pretty frustrating.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I can't wait for the wiki of where to go for what quest dudes, I have no idea how to raise my affinity with the cities. It seems like doing so reduces costs at shops?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just lost like, an hour of progress because the loving game crashed during a cutscene

god damnit

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finch is my first rare blade before I unlocked Poppi ...

Also for fucks sake I hate TigerTiger.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

This game is really disrespectful of my time, more than the other games...

I'm going to tell you something once, better pay attention! No I wont clarify anything for you

I have two rare blades and I've started chapter 3

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I find it really hard to get level 3 specials out before the timer runs out. I can get level 2 specials out....most of the time...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Toppling them extends the duration. Rex's Anchor Shot turns into a Topple-inflicting Art during Chapter 3, and most other party members have a Break move.

Also Cancelling into your Drive Arts builds the Special Meter much faster. Wait until the third hit in your auto-attack combo to use an Art.

I try to cancel almost every time, maybe 90% of the time, but I find it's pretty difficult to cast it on the third auto attack (because the interface is already so hectic I usually just listen for the audio (which is semi-difficult with everyone yelling stupid poo poo) cue that says your attack hit, or watch the screen shake (also semi-difficult because again, so much poo poo going on at once) that usually I end up casting it on the first auto attack because there's a noticable animation change between first and third.

I tried directly controlling Tora but he's so bouncy it's hard to keep track, and Rex I can never remember whether downward sword slash is his first attack or if side slash is the last.

I just started Chapter 3, more or less, and I have the bird tank on rex (along with some other various common blades) and Nia has the titty rabbit, idk their names. I've been hesitant about popping more cores until I get more party members.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Merc missions don't cycle through time when the switch is in sleep mode? motherfucker

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is anyone else bothered you can't see a list of quests you've completed?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Chairman posted:

You can, it's one of the sort options

Oh, you're right. It wasn't super obvious.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I thought that using a Justice booster would raise my overall justice level, but apparently it's a temporary boost :|

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or make Legendary cores guarantee a rare blade and once you have all the rare blades they only give 4* commons (which can be crazy powerful if you're lucky).

I said it previously as a semi-joke, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if XCX ends up being revealed as a prequel to XC1 and XC2. The reason for things like Nopons in XC1? Because they existed on Mira. Same with the Telethia and other similarities.

Yes it's insane, but it's also not as insane as other Xeno games so that makes it plausible. :colbert:

Bets on XCX is actually Xenoblade Chronicles Ten. Also it's more likely that XC1 world and XCX are linked and not XC2 and XCX based on the numerous references to XC1 and zero references to XCX in XC2.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

nerdz posted:

EDIT: You can also hold R and press A or Y to cycle through enemies.

Holy poo poo! I've been trying figure this out for 50 hours

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

UGH the quest to unlock Merc Level 3 is hogshit. Random difficulty spikes suck.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Those loving sharks are not color-blind friendly. They look identical to the other 2-hit sharks to me.

I'm partially colorblind (apparently only slightly) and they were obvious to me.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So since the patch is there no way to autorun anymore?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

am I doing something wrong? I've spent an hour long resting trying to get platinum cylinders from either mor ardain, or gormott and nothing is spawning.

Are people full of poo poo? I'm mostly done chapter 6 and I have the best rank salvaging...I can easily buy gold cylinders but I want platinum ones so I don't have to grind so much :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

This Dahlia cutscene makes me want to die.

Premium cylinders randomly show up as far as I can tell. They're not worth it. Gold cylinders are better. What are you trying to do? Build town rankings?

it's easier to make gold and other things because they have a higher chance of spawning rare chests.

This is like with level 12 salvaging mastery, too

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

emoji posted:

There's a hard cap of something around 200 (256?) accessories so when you end up with 30 Break Stones in a few minutes from smashing every 15 seconds any future accessories are vaporized when you touch them. Not sure why it doesn't use x/99 like everything else. So now you actually have to go sell frequently and consult a spreadsheet to know which items supersede what since there is no category sorting.

But you can get 999 of each accessory.... I don't understand

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

emoji posted:

Driver accessories, not aux cores. For whatever reason item manage for those is different from every other item and broken.

It would be helpful if people tweeted that to the monolith Twitter so it gets noticed

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So, apparently there are 7 pouch expansions, not 6. I went to that zone in Chapter 7 and picked up one I couldn't use, because I already got 5 expansions for everyone. I don't remember what the last location was I got the pouch expansion from, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the list.

You get 2 from the story, and it says on guides all around you get 4 more from random zones...However:

Each person has 1 pouch on them to start. They can use 2 pouches. That means you only need 5 pouch expansions, right?

What's the 6th one for? Vandham? Well he missed out on that one.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Ok yeah this dungeon in chapter 7 is rear end and way too long

Yes... I thought Tantal was worse though

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't get chapter 7:

how people thought Nia was friendzoned. There was lead-up for Nia being a Flesh Eater throughout up until now, but there was no leadup for Nia coming out and saying she LOVES Rex. It sounded more to me like "I love you Rex! (for helping me Come Out)" and Rex was like "Yeah! You're welcome!"

It was Nia that initially took it to be the romantic love instead of platonic love, that's why she was surprised when he said he loved her back.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is the only way to do that to take Pandoria off him?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

LPG Giant posted:

Do you think it was an actual admission of love and Rex friendzoned her? I interpreted it as her meaning platonic love, like Rex more explicitly says.

That's how I interpreted it too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

When I think of someone good at interpreting relationships I think GreenBuckanneer

I....I am quite surprised and slightly annoyed you remember that ASOIAF reference.

Still, I didn't notice anything that would have meant "oh man I am afraid of telling him I love him." It was a "oh man I'm afraid what they'll think when they find out I'm a flesh eater"

The latter was telegraphed well, the former was not.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

Oh god I was just thinking of that whole saga when you got joint custody of E/N, what the hell happened with ASOIAF?

I can see interpreting Nia's confession as platonic if it was never brought up again after that scene but the game explicitly says later that it was romantic love so idk why this is being debated at all

Where was it stated that? I've been meandering in chapter 7. I do remember a post battle conversation line where nia goes "I'll tell you about it later ;)" but that struck me as weird as well given where I am.

Also I don't remember what you're talking about for E/N

As for the ASOIAF, I didn't realize the Renly/Loras connection from reading the books because I was kind of skimming through it and read part of the audiobook, and you lose a lot of detail that way.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Boosters, regardless of their usefulness, are a great way to encourage not hoarding your cores in the early game, i think. You can only hold 5, and if you do even a bit of salvaging you'll ram up against that cap, which is then easily solved by awakening some blades with them. That's what I did for like 30 hours of game, and it gives a nice natural pace to your blade accumulation.

Even at 25 being held you still ram into that cap easily. It's a frustrating system.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

CHP 7?8? spoilers Seems Pneuma is actually Awakened Pyra. Also it gives double item drop.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Who is the best Axe blade? I have Godfrey if he’s acceptable.

He's not.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So what are the new rare blades and how do you get them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Saxophone posted:

I would do some shameful things to get a remastered XC1 and even just a ported XCX on switch.

I want XCX on the switch something fierce.