Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Used my first Rare Core Crystal and got..... a generic lovely thing that isn't any better than what I got from a common. Well gently caress you too game. Why is there a gacha? WHY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zore posted:

I did 4 rares and 34 commons yesterday for a new character and got a single rare blade out of it.

Currently at 12 rare blades overall, though 3 of those are guaranteed with 2 being totally unmissable.

:stonk:

does anyone know what the odds are of getting a rare?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Let's see I'm in Chapter 3 and it's been days since I've looked at the XB2 thread I wonder what's going in th-

nerdz posted:

I love how far the game goes to let you know that yes, a driver can have sex with the blades

nice

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Andrast posted:

I am extremely salty about using all the cores I've been hoarding for half the game on the new party member not getting poo poo from them

I read this, used a common core for the hell of it, and got a rare blade

thanks for giving me your luck, friend

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I have no idea what’s going on

but I’m loving every minute of it.

The proper approach to a Xeno game

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I wish Pyra would wear her cloak more often, she looks so much better with it on

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I only just noticed that dorky little dance Nia does during specials :3:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Please tell me a story Blade comes with Fortitude because I see that skill check loving everywhere and the gacha has not been kind

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Paths being littered with enemies 50 levels above you is a plus in my book. Exploring large maps just isn't right for me without those "OH gently caress IT SAW ME AHHHHHH" moments

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my journey to the factory in chapter 4 was 90% running from level 80 monsters while cursing up a storm and it owned

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

XC2 has the best OST in the series by virtue of having no ambush battle theme

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Jesus Christ. 78 hours and I now realize I can sell Poppi parts for Ether in the god drat Create parts screen. It's the loving Y button and you can just generate a poo poo ton of Ether from parts you're never going to use. gently caress me.

WHAT

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Got the 4th party member, opened 5 cores and got 3 rares, one of them being some weird nopon thing whose skills I took to level 5 immediately. :cool:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

geez this quest to boost my Merc rank to 3 is really demoralizing. I just spent 30 minutes taking out the Jugger guy, give me a goddamn reward already, don't throw 2 even stronger guys at me :negative:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

1: are you under leveled?
2: are your chips and aux cores up to date?
3: git gud son

Yeah, they're at a higher level. I fought them for like 20 seconds before they killed my entire party. All I wanted was more SP, I can't handle this bait and switch where you start out fighting enemies in the 30s only to have to defeat enemies in the 40s if actually want the quest reward :qq:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo I just fought the giant Brog in Gormott with my level 42 team and my chain attack broke four orbs and dealt over 1 million damage, that was so loving awesome, GOTY :gizz:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

goddamn, I can't get Four to hold aggro for poo poo. I even removed damage buffs on Rex and Nia to reduce aggro and it's still not enough. Uh, welcome back to the party Tora

e: I'm 50 hours in and only on chapter 5. Holy poo poo this game is massive

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Stop whining and eat your hamburgers, Tae

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Got the fifth party member, used 90+ cores and got nothing :discourse:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Opened my first legendary core and got a generic :lol:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I really like all the protagonists in this game. They're all just so precious, especially Rex, Nia, and Poppi :3:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

chumbler posted:

Well that's the cover story, at least. Also going all in on the dumb anime cliches is good.

:hai:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 6 year old daughter just used an empty roll of wrapping paper as a megaphone to announce FLORA HEALS AN ACHING SOUL :negative:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

There's no way I'm doing pacifist runs unless they boost rare drop rates

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goddammit

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, after bitching about this did a couple 20k runs and got a master dex mod and light core so cool

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Oh, you get better rewards if you can no-hit, pacifist run, all-chests a stage of Tiger Tiger huh?

That's

That's just grand

I just got top tier rewards for a run that was just all treasure/no damage taken so it's not like anything is gated by pacifist runs. You're just more likely to get good stuff

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

E: whoops didn't refresh the page

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've reached chapter 10 and my wife and I are so giddy, this plot is Xeno as gently caress :neckbeard:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've burned through like 20 legendary cores and haven't gotten a rare from any of them. This is so loving stupid. For the love of god patch in 10-pulls and automatic junking of commons.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've got 8 rares to go and I'm midway through the final chapter. My luck kinda sucks :shrug:

E: I want KOS-MOS so bad, why can't I pull her

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I bet the same guy did Ursula's sidequest

I'm pretty amazed they made a character that can only be maxed out by removing them from your party and wasting time navigating menus for 50 hours

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh hey I finally got a rare let's see who it-

[something called Dahlia marches onscreen]

:stonk:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

You know, I have to give this game credit for having a lot of genuinely funny Heart 2 Heart scenes. A whole bunch of them actually make me laugh out loud, and the characters bounce really well off of one another.

I agree 100%, and you don't have to grind affinity for hours to see them either! This is first time the h2h system was done right.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm assuming both choices are fleshed out because I've only ever had long interesting responses and there's no way I chose 20 right answers in a row

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Man that sure was a Xeno ending :unsmith:

I love that Nintendo lets Takahashi make games

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

Can you get multiples of rare blades?

No.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tae posted:

Why Shin=Jin

UZUKI :argh:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

So why is it that stage 5 of Tiger Tiger sometimes only has 7 chests to collect instead of 8? It's really annoying to constantly miss out on the ether bonus (and extra item/ether) because the level simply doesn't spawn all of the chests. Or is one of them spawned under an enemy or something that makes it impossible to see?

If you take a hit when you don't have one of those blue X items, you drop a chest. This is probably what's happening because I've never had only 7 chests spawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

E: never mind