Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm getting close to the end of the main story now, and I really don't want it to end. It's a good thing there's so much post game content, I'm personally nowhere near done no matter what the game says. :colbert: Have they said anything about the DLC yet? the 'new quests' are supposed to be this month.

edit: Getting all the forestry you need for QTpi is obnoxious

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just found my first 3 legendary core crystals in chapter 10 last night, and all three were trash, what the living gently caress :suicide:

edit: Zenobia is the best rare blade, and I'm glad I've had her for most of my playthrough

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 12, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

multijoe posted:

If nothing else legendary core crystals should be 100% rare Blade drops, there is no excuse for that not being the case other than the Monolith being staffed by actual deviant psychopaths who hate you.

Right? All this cool poo poo going on in chapter 10 and suddenly bad gacha luck kicks in. Kind of a drag. It's whatever though, after I clear 10 I'm gonna go off and do sidequests and level up regions and stuff. It's just kind of anticlimactic.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I want Kos-Mos :saddowns:

I need to go back and fill in Zenobias chart some more. Even without all the upgrades shes really, really good.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
After Rex becomes a master driver, is there any reason not to just give core crystals to everyone else? Doesnt seem to be a downside to Rex using Brighid.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

It's really weird how people just casually drop spoilers from the end of the game

I guess we're past the point where we have to use tags?

Anyway, here's Wonderwall a poppi alpha guide that I want to try now because it looks less painful to farm

it does contain a few character based spoilers and some postgame boss stuff that may spoil some story a little bit

Sorry, I can use tags or be oblique about it if you all like. The games only like a month old and I havent even seen the final boss at 85 hours, Im sure theres lots of people way further back in the story.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I recently read a couple of the wheel of time books on reccomendation and the story/writing there is a lot worse. Not saying XB2 has great writing or anything, but its fun and engaging and thats all i really wanted.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Dumb stuff is good sometimes. I liked Pacific Rim

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just cleared the final chapter, I thought the ending was a satisfying wrap up, I mean yeah it's super cliche but it made me smile sooo

Aion was disappointingly easy. I almost beat him on my first try, but I was caught off guard by Prometheus. The second time through I had a chain attack charged so I blew that as soon as I saw the word 'Prometheus'. I did over :siren:ONE MILLION DAMAGE:siren: and dropped him no problem. It got a little dicey while he was bringing in allies and I had to revive some guys, but for a final boss it wasn't so much. The games difficulty is definitely a lot better tuned than it was in Xenoblade Chronicles X. They might have gone a little too far in the other direction, but I guess I don't really know since I haven't gotten into the endgame content.

Also I drew Azami, she came in just late enough for me to wish I had her for at least the last 10 hours or so. :shepface:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 13, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Jin really just needed a friggin hug. He was depressed and crazy, but when it came right down to it he wanted to be convinced. Honestly the fact that it doesn't make sense makes it a bit more believable to me, people don't always have rational motivations. Basically ISIS would have totally tried to recruit him.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm glad to find I still want to play XB2 this morning. Now that I'm done with the story I think I'm mostly going to be playing it on handheld from here on out. Until I get to the super bosses at least.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just thought of something- They completely dropped the whole Rex has half of Pyras life force thing after a while. Why didnt he just drop dead when Pyra's core was reintegrated?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah okay. I do remember that but I didnt make the connection.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I hope the story dlc is postgame, but given what happens at the end I kind of doubt it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Aa long as you take your time and explore, while doing the odd sidequest, you shouldnt really hit any leveling wall. The level gradient is pretty smooth.

Also try to avoid putting 2 blades of the same element on one character.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can't remember what the name of the dumbass Nopon everything-fucker-upper from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but until now I thought Nopon were poo poo because of him. But Tora owns, and so do all the other Nopon in XB2??

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Momomo posted:

I'm sort of the same way, because I really did not like Rikki and thought he really did not fit in the party, but Tora feels way more like he belongs.

It felt like a lot of moments with him were supposed to be the kind that make you roll your eyes and cross your arms like in a sit-com, but he usually just kind of annoyed the hell out of me.

I don't think that was Rikki though, Google says hes from Xenoblade 1.

Edit: I guess XB1 was what you were talking about huh. I never played XB1. I have a friend who is astonished at Kos-Mos being in. He said she was like literally Mary Magdeline or some poo poo, I dont loving know

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 15, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Im awesome at Tiger Tiger and I kind of wish it was its own seperate game. :cool:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I didn't play more than a couple hours of Xenoblade Chronicles 1, but I figured that line was Shulk. I figured there had to be a tie-in somewhere since the game is called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and not X2 or whatever. Really there's as much crossover as there is with Xenosaga.

edit: Is there any crossover with Xenoblade Chronicles X? As near as I can tell the only thing they have in common is 'having Nopon'.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 15, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I completely forgot that the organization you work for in Xenoblade Chronicles X was called BLADE.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I went ahead and got the season pass, and used the 1 legendary and 10 rare cores you get from it. Nothing. That's literally the fifth legendary core I've used. I've never drawn a rare from a legendary core crystal. Amazing.

I think I have the money to buy the 500k core crystal in Gormott now though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Haha, Sheba's magic flying bathtub is great.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Did you remember to talk to the shop that sold her crystal to you while someone has her equipped?

Nope, I'll do that after I finish up this sidequest

edit: Oh, nice tip. Even more worth it now.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 16, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Chernabog posted:

I just hate when a merc mission returns and you have to sift through all the characters earning skills.

I realllly wish you could just skip past all that poo poo. Surely they can patch it?

edit: idgaf what common blades get since they're only there to brute force collection checks that take more than ~5 or so.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 18, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

So I did this sidequest and retrieved a collar for an old man and he said it used to belong to his dear dog. But there aren't any loving dogs in this universe. Wanna try again, old man?

Don't kinkshame. Or do, if he's into it

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Filling out a blade's affinity chart gives you weapons manuals that can be used to increase a character's WP for a weapon by 1000, 2500, or 5000, depending on the manual. The type and quantity you get are based on the rarity of the blade.

Also if you max out a 4* blade's affinity you get an overdrive for releasing them.

Ah, didn't know about the weapons manuals. That's good to know. As for overdrives, I got 3 from the expansion pass and don't really need them. I guess I might switch Azami over to Nia and use Sheba on Rex.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Mill Village posted:

How do I make trash mob encounters shorter? I’m just running away because they take so long and give so little XP. I take it just upgrading my weapons is not enough? I’m at Chapter 3 so I don’t think I can do any OP crit builds yet.

Just sheath your weapon and run. :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Maybe I'm misunderstanding trash mob. For me right now, that means the really underleveled things I bring up when salavaging that I have to fight anyway. If it's stuff at or around my level, I fight it out.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Boreas was my first rare blade too and I was all "look at this fat bastard, he's my best friend".

Now i have other friends and i don't use him as much anymore :(

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I got zenobia early and while that does make it better for killing lower level tyrants, she kinda gets stonewalled midgame because the later tyrants are way outside whats possible. She's ridiculously good without investment anyway though.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Where can you get Indoline Tea after the thingy happens. Need some for bathtub friend.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Awesome, thanks. Makes sense, actually.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ajkalan posted:

Boreas is easy to max out and has useful field skills, but he is sadly unusable because in his Salvaging Mastery voiced line he makes a sucking/slurping noise that is disgusting to hear and means I refuse to ever have him equipped.

Is that what that is? I had a mental image of Rex fixing an air hose to his helmet before "I'll bring back something great!!"

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The third DLC includes another item pack, this time you get an epic Core Crystal instead of a legendary one. Can't wait to stare at the screen in stunned disbelief as it and all 10 of the rare crystals yield precisely dick.

Edit: At this point im convinced legendary core crystals have the wrong values baked in. I should not have used 6 of them with nothing to show for it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Did they say it's a random crystal? The name makes me think it's a guaranteed unique like how Wulfric has a Beastly Core Crystal.

My mistake. A thingy I read said it was epic, but its still legendary. So random, wooo.

But poo poo, I just used it. My seventh legendary core crystal. Nothing again. Ive gotten 4 rares from common core crystals.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Presumably. Also more rare blades at some point. I cant speak to the quality of the sidequests, I havent played them yet. Theyre just kind of mixed in with all the others.

You can skip through post merc mission menus now, so thats cool.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Awesome. Great QOL stuff in this patch. Also I got Dagas out of one the dlc crystals! I dont think I have that many left to get, but Im sure its still gonna be a while. I'm only at 100 hours :shepface:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Its funny how the Titans all have like a capital and maybe one other little settlement. Fonsa Myma has Garfont and on the other Titans... uh... a couple docks I think???

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Don't think so, the dude that sold me the tickets is uninteractable

What does your quest log say? Does it just say 'Go to Mor Ardain' or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

spit on my clit posted:

why would anyone ever use Pyra over Mythra? Seems like there's no reason at all to even consider Pyra when Mythra can just constantly use an art, refill it instantly, and keep chaining it until the enemy is dead

It potentially gives Rex a 4th element excluding late game stuff. Rex can have Light, Fire, and two others where everyone else can only have 3.

Mythra is better than Pyra in every way though, yeah. I always have her fronting.