Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Where the gently caress do you go at the start of chapter 3?

Also I've opened about 20 core crystals and got junk. It's Fate Grand Order all over again. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

One thing I really hate about the game is if you get a really good blade but it's on the wrong character. Rex could really use a good tank but he got Dagas as his first rare (axe attacker) while Nia got Electra (lightning tank). I want them to swap blades but apparently Overdrives are the rarest item in the game.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Common cores are pretty easy to find, so the best way of getting rares is just stock pile enough and whale away. All 6 of the rare cores I've found were generics but the 30 some odd commons I used two were rares.

Apparently you can get KOS-MOS from a common core but I don't believe that.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Are certain rare blades more common than others? All my friends have Godfrey and Boreas, but I seem to be the only one with Electra.

Speaking of Electra she has a voiced sidequest and it's pretty funny. Kind of dumb that you can't see it unless you roll her but that's the way the dice falls.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Once you get enough rare blades, it's not worth using common cores anymore. I used about 200 of them with not a single rare.

I have 12 of the 20 rares you get from common/rare/legendary cores and even rare cores have been complete duds. I'm beginning to think there's a cap based on your story progress.

I'm at chapter 5. I have used the Beastly and Lucky Core, I own the Vess and Praxis cores but not used them.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

It took me until near the end of the game to realize that the Torna guys are all designed by Nomura, which makes so much sense now when every cutscene with them in it feels like I'm playing an old Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I don't think anyone can top the bathtub princess. When she's sulks she goes fetal position in the tub, it's so cute.

Her sidequest she gets super pissed off enough to get out of her royal tub to soccer kick a nopon into orbit. I love this game.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

It gets even faster if you get the shop deeds that let you hold 40 pouch items instead of 10 (or 33 instead of 3).

Hold the gently caress up. Where are these?!

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Just started Chapter 10

That flashback looked like it was animated in the style of the old Xenoblade Chronicles. This is very intentional. I was going to quit but now I feel like powering through to beat the game. Everything is coming together now. Also is that new three man blade art worth using Blade Nia?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I love there's one area in the game that still has the "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME" "DON'T FORGET ME" and "YER DUN" guys. Just run around the area aggro about 10-15 of these guys and have your ears bleed.

Watch out they're level 60

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Microcline posted:

It only makes sense if you need to cut references to Christianity, but this is a Xeno game so people are disappointed when you don't have cutscene Jesus or a shadowy figure talking about the -time- of the -gospel-.

My favorite way of describing Xenosaga to someone is "Space Jesus gets to beat up the Space Pope in a giant robot."

I mean I really shouldn't have to spoiler tag this (Xenoblade 2) but the moment you see Amalthus or "Xenoblade 2's Pope", your brain instantly goes to "this guy will either be the final boss or penultimate encounter". Aaaand what do you know I'm right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I'm only missing 3 gacha blades after beating the game and they're not really gamechanging (Godfrey, Newt, Daliah).

It really sucks for players if they don't get KOS-MOS or Zenobia since those two are the most broken ones.