Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Okay, I'm about to puke what seems like a bunch of word nonsense so hopefully someone can help here.

What does a character's thought cloud do? It appears that a thought cloud virtue gets boosted every time a bonded blade unlocks an affinity node containing an idea. But then there's no evidence that the idea was attached to the node because it disappears when it's activated?

Then when I try to bond new blades with a core I get a 'select a booster' screen which allows me to add one to five boosters for any one of the four ideas and when you select one it looks like different rings of elemental power appear and get sucked into the core? Does that increase the number of affinity nodes, or just the number of ideas, or does it alter the core in some other way?

What the hell is going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Let me ask my question from a different angle then. When and where do Boosters start dropping?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

I've been finding them in chests hidden around the town right away in Chapter 2.

Yeah, that’s the problem. They’re found as a one time drop and I have no idea how rare or important they are.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

^burtle posted:

Boosters are tied to elements I believe, so Bravery I think is fire for instance, using a Bravery booster increases your odds of pulling a fire blade.

Does this mean that different characters have different chances for element pulls based on what’s in their thought cloud?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

^burtle posted:

Yes, so as people have mentioned earlier in the thread, it is possible to repurpose characters for different roles based on who you want to use, but it really seems like the game wants you to always have a Tank, an Attack and a Healer, so rather than giving Nia a blade of each type, you want to give her 3 healing blades and let her go at it.

Great.

Are weapon types (that is arts, which is what’s important about the weapons)always the same role, or are those also mix and match? That is, are all Spears attackers, and all gauntlets healers?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

loving softlocked. Fast travelled to Gormott and the floor didn't load, just cloud sea and NPCs. So I figured it'd show eventually, since I wasn't falling, and went to talk to the shop I came for. Now I can't do anything but move the camera. Any outs or am I just out hours of unsaved data?

If you can get to the menu you can skip travel out. If not, well, the game does not auto save at all, bewilderingly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I just beat chapter 3 so Rex and Nia are about to get awesome and Tora is still useless. What's the best way to ensure Rex or Nia can build up a level 3 (after starting a level 1 combo) before the special time expires?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

When do the cores from chapter 3 power back up?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The beastly core is an attacker right?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

"Maybe we won't die after all."
"I like you're attitude!|

:confused:

Pollyanna posted:

I’m still in the tutorial??????? :psyduck:

Wait until you realize that they were withholding the key to activating the status chain for twenty straight hours of gameplay.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What are 4 and 5's default blades classes and can they swap them out?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zore posted:

You can swap out the default blades for Nia, 4 and 5 in Chapter 8.

Until then it is Nia time, all the time. :getin:

Which reminds me, does anyone else have healing 'spell' arts (that is, non-potion) other than Nia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do I have to complete this sidequest to unlock another mercenary rank?