Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I cannot wait to embrace the anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So I stopped playing this a few months back and after seeing the new stuff from e3 I want to try and finish the main story asap. If I just plow through the main storyline without doing any side stuff will I end up severely gimped? I'm buying new weapon chips as I go and keeping my levels as close to boss levels as I can. Also i'm probably going to ignore the gacha mechanic and focus on story/dlc blades.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

You'll be fine, though the game will be a bit more challenging.

I already died a few times to bosses but that was more due to re-learning the combat controls. There doesn't seem to be any sort of index of game hints that I can find. Had to google how to switch targets in battle.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Will Torna be post-game or self-contained? I'm still on Chapter 9 of my first playthrough and may not get around to finishing it by Friday but i'd like to give Torna a go.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Barudak posted:

Slamming the skip cutscene button hasnt steered me wrong so far.

Boooo!

Really enjoying the expansion so far. This time through I'm actually focusing on unlocking affinity nodes as i travel and it makes fights a breeze.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Anyone else not get their free dlc email from Nintendo yet? I made sure I claimed my points and that I had emails turned on in my account last week.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The Torna Cook-Off quest is the best.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Finished Torna over the weekend. I did as much as I could possible do in one playthrough, only thing left was the super-bosses.

Also I came across something which I either forgot about from the base game or just didn't encounter yet. You can only store a max of 500 aug cores, and any cores you collect once you reach 500 are gone forever. Like the Max affinity chart rewards. :(

If I start a NG+ in Torna, will it make it easier to level up for the superbosses? I want to try them out but really don't feel like grinding out the levels.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

NG+ gives you the second tier of affinity charts so you will want to do it for those alone. Your best bet for power leveling is to finish whatever gives you the most XP with a big huge overkill. Also don't forget to spend your bonus XP if you forgot that's a thing.

I've used up all the bonus, but didn't know about the new affinity chart stuff. Guess i'll check it out.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rirse posted:

Actually he in the main game still alive. He is Cole the theater owner.

.....Oh......Oooooooooh :aaa:

Wow I completely missed that. Tbf it's been a long time since I did that part of the story in the main game.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I played the game a bit at launch, then left it for a while. I've now spent the last 2 months playing nothing but Torna and the base game it's so good.

Also I lolled when watching videos and streams and everyone saying KOS-MOS had the lowest catch rate and I think she was like my 5th blade I got from a common and forgot she existed for my first playthrough.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Well I did it. I finally got every drat rare blade. My last 2 blades were Patroka and Akhos and they really made me work for it. I had to crack open about 80 legendary cores to get one of them and then about 20 more for the other.

And I almost forgot to pick up Mikhail.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I always enjoy watching Nia punch herself to death on enemies with a Spike buff. It's often better to just revive her anyway.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Please tell me none of you grinded up to lv 99 in Torna just so you could fight the lv 100 super boss.

I beat all the regular unique enemies but I doubt I will play through it again. Do you get second affinity charts if you do NG+? Is there any other point to it? Like hell yeah I just spent ten hours bored as hell doing menial side quests I can’t wait to do it again!!!

I didn't. I also didn't do new game plus after I found out that i'd have to do every community quest again because apparently I was an idiot and did them all in the first playthrough. Nooooo thanks.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I think you need max community level to unlock the superbosses in ng+ as well.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The Challenge battles are extremely good. What do I have to do to get Shulk & Fiora on my team permanently? They are amazing, especially Fiora.

Edit: also what are Flawless Noponstones? Do more store options open up later that require them?

Fiora is the most broken blade in the game. She's ridiculously good.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

What's so busted about her? I've used her on Nia for awhile and I like her, but I don't recall anything particularly stand-out busted. It has been awhile since I picked up the game and my memory is horrible, however!

If you put in the time to complete her affinity chart, she starts making GBS threads out crit-boosting for the entire party, which btw is additive on top of whatever crit-boosting blades/gear you already have equipped. Furthermore, if you put her on Rex and spam fully upgraded Screw Edge, it will reset the cooldown infinitely and will deal a LOT of damage. Throw in an item that converts damage to heals and you will have an unstoppable juggernaut.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My final blade was Patroka and it was the only blade I wanted for my NG+ :argh:

I can't complain though since I pulled KOS-MOS super early in my regular game and didn't realise how lucky I was until I googled gacha rates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

If healing is your main gripe, easiest solution is to play as the healer. I personally prefer to play tank as I can make better use of c/ds than the AI and then healing isnt as big of a problem.