Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

You get three groups starting at rank four.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

For anyone worried about needing to use Tora in order to min-max -- or even really access post-game challenges -- when they don't want to use him or do Tiger Tiger: I did every superboss with Four tanking, and on a few of them, Four never took damage or dropped primary aggro. Even before hitting max level.

Just do your thing. Activating team-wide invincibility through third-stage blade combos or pocketing a level 4 special with Rex is always your best damage mitigation.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I found the postgame challenges in this game vastly more palatable than XC1's. Not having to build around accuracy stuff leaves your approach a lot more open-ended.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

The end of Floren's quest has him correcting people calling him "miss". It's not trying to be transphobic or anything, it's just some anime bullshit.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

You'll probably be disappointed by the level 130 superboss. I actually did him first for fun, and while it took a couple deaths because of my level at the time, he's really pretty tame if you know to iframe one very obvious attack.

I actually ended up doing the level 117 guy last. Not by design, it's just sort of how it ended up happening. And I felt like that was the most fun fight.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

How are people going about farming SP now, for all the hidden affinities?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

DoctorChowder posted:

Chain attack overkill the final boss 10 levels below the final boss's level.

I don't think I need to say this but major spoilers in video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xq9BZYR55A

Awesome, that is way more reasonable than the superboss farming I was about to mentally prepare for. Thanks!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Beep boop gently caress using Tora

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Barudak posted:

Good news, he's capable of soloing every boss in the game because Xenoblade 2 wants you to use the most trash character concept they came up with from both a design and mechanics standpoint.

Better news, I've done that with Zeke and Rex too.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Sounds awful.

I'm glad Xenoblade is rad.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

The_Final_Stand posted:

Dark Attacker, but she's locked in to challenge mode until you beat Elma: Redux, like Shulk and Fiora were before the Dino mission.

And Redux is a bitch of a mission. She immediately Ghost Factory's, and shortly follows up with Overdrive, enraging, cutting your Blade Affinity and ruining your accuracy. And this time, her doubles seal your party gauge, so you can't res until you kill one.

And when you kill them, she immediately uses ghost factory again to bring them back unless you seal reinforcements. That fight is a loving marathon.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

If you've started Ursula's quest, or really any other rare blade's content, then go ahead and finish that first so you don't lose the progress. Other than that there's really not much reason to delay moving on to NG+ as soon as possible, because you keep pretty much everything.

Edit: Might be worth finishing off some of the later affinity nodes for some blades if you want a bit more of a leg up, or just want it done before you lose access to the necessary areas. Not that it'll take you long to get back.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 26, 2018

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Malos was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest