Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I bought a core chip and I thought it would let me choose who to equip it to when it asked me if I wanted to equip it now but it did not, so my pyra went from 95 attack to 46 attack and my last save was 30 minutes ago because I had to grind salvage dives to get the crane parts for that side quest so now I'm sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I'm partway through chapter 3, when is a good time to start pulling for blades, because I don't have many boosters and the default blades seem fine to me

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

What do the boosters do then

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Should I bother pulling blades for Rex or are his plot ones better

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I got my first rare blade and it's a Godfrey and he's on Nia and this all seems awful

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I killed a big dog named Sad Bernard so I am pro-dumb name

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Do they ever address why Nia's ears face backwards, especially when every other gormotti has them facing forward

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

The goon still has not answered where to get that chip

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I got Floren on someone who is not Nia, should I overdrive him onto Nia

E: I also got a Nim for the 4th character, should I overdrive her to Nia

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 28, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Does that orb priority aux core only work on the blade that has it equipped (only their attacks will prioritize damaged orbs) or does it give it to all 9 of your blades

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I'm about an hour into chapter 5 and here's my current rare blade distribution

Rex
-Gorg
-Boreas
-Roc
-Dagas

Nia
-Godfrey
-Vale
-Perceval
-Agate
-Ursula

4th character
-Floren
-Nim

Unused cores
-Vess
-Kasandra
-Wulfric

I have a pretty good idea of who the 5th character is going to be and don't really plan on using them. I'd prefer to use 4th over Tora because I hate Tiger Tiger. What's the best blade load-out with what I have (I want to focus more on fusion combos than driver combos)? Not sure how many overdrive modules I have and I don't know how to check (I only recall picking up one)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Why, what did I do wrong

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I mean, I'd love to experiment with blades and stuff but the game doesn't really allow you to do that due to autosaving before you resonate and having a huge barrier to swapping blades between characters

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

When do you get that key, I'm in chapter 5 and I don't remember betting it, or maybe I just didn't notice it and have been jumping off cliffs from the old factory

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Why can we skip the second part of the blade summoning animation but not the first part

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

If Rex already has Gorg, should I give Praxis to 5th? And Vess should go on Nia right

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Does over driving reset the affinity chart? I can transfer Nim or Floren over to Nia

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

It does not reset their affinity, overdrive away.

That's surprisingly decent from a game that seems to go out of its way to annoy you with most of its design choices

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I love anime and hate this game, explain that one atheists

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I just got to chapter 7 how long does it take to get pyra back because every other blade takes too long to build driver arts

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

ok but I'm asking how long it takes

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Ok yeah this dungeon in chapter 7 is rear end and way too long

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I got to the big Nia reveal in chapter 7 and I'm not sure I understand entirely

Is she a Flesh Eater, a Blade Eater, or just a normal blade? I'm not sure how reliable her narration or accurate the timeline of the flashbacks were. Was she summoned/transformed after her sister (" "?) passed and her father (" "?) summoned/transformed her to replace her as a daughter or did he do it before to get a healing blade so he could try heal her or what. Like, she has her own blades and there are some blades that can summon their own blades but I think most of them are "special" like Malos, an aegis. Then the Praetorium was hunting her down so I guess she's a flesh eater? But if she was originally a human, why would that guy have to ask her to call him father? was she just another human (or gormotti... are they different from humans?) And then she has no reservations about going to the praetorium even though they were hunting her down some time ago and she wasn't concerned about them recognizing her at all?

Am I missing something or do they explain more later

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I think I'm halfway through chapter 8 and I still didn't get Poppi's third form so I looked it up and it sort of seems like a lot of work to unlock, is it worth it? I like 4th as a tank and I can easily swap elements for her blades and don't need to grind a bunch of tiger tiger

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

What's a good set up for driver combos, I have anchor shot on Rex for the topple but of all the blades I've tried, I don't think any of them have ever launched and therefore smashed (unless the AI is bad at using them and I have to do them all myself?)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Man, I don't want to use Zeke or Rex's smash blade. I don't even like swapping blades too much on Rex unless it's to build up an elemental orb because it breaks the flow of combat and the D pad is just so bad. Is that really the only source of smash in the game?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

So to reliably get smashes, 2 of Rex's 3 blade slots need to be a specific weapon class and one specific blade, and the last slot can't be changed because it's pyra/mythra?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Man, Zeke sucks poo poo though

Are driver combos even that necessary outside of farming gold chips, I've made it to chapter 8 just doing blade combos and final attacks, never getting past topple except when you get a plot character for a while who would solo driver combo stuff

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I like to keep a healer on Rex (he has boreas) because the AI is terrible at healing and picking up potions (when they don't go flying off a cliff, both the potions and the AI partners)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

How far into sagas's first affinity tree do you have to go to get his quest to make him good

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Barudak posted:

Allthe way, baby.

Haha wow that sounds awful

Good thing there aren't like a million other questionable design decisions in this game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

who or what is a pneumia

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

How do I trigger that, do I have to do the party attack while pneumia is active

Also, is there a cooldown for how often you can use pneumia in a fight or is it once only

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Is there a list of non-gatcha non-plot rare blades so I can try to get them all before pulling on cores again because my current luck tops out at like 400 and I don't have any legendary cores anyway

like, I got praxis a while ago so I assume I get theory at some point?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Oh that's a lot fewer than I expected, I'm only missing Herald and Theory from that list

I looked up Herald's unlock conditions and what the gently caress

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

OK i thought it was 100 of each item on that list because it totally seemed like something this game would do

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Am I supposed to keep grinding the Vocal lessons 1 or 2 to progress after the first performance for Ursula? It didn't unlock any higher levels

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Louisgod posted:

What's the sequence for Smash? Break > Topple > Launch > Smash..?

Also, what's the first letter of the 5th character's name? I'll wait to use it on them but want to know who that is.

____ Z ____

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Having to grind all those chips and ether for each of Tora's blades seems even more tedious than Ursula's stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I got Herald's core, I feel like I should put it on 5th but they already have an electric blade. How stupid would it be to give it to Nia or 4th?

Also, does every consumable merchant sell a deed to their shop? I'm in chapter 8, 5 starred all the towns and have at least one of every item I can buy but the vast majority still apparently don't have all their items they can possibly sell. I want to get them as early as possible because some of the perks are really nice (faster movement speed, larger item draw-in radius)