Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The missions required to unlock tier 5 Ursula are nutters. Something like 130 ~10 minute quests?

The time isn't even the most tedious part. The worst is having to reassemble the team every 6-10 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Should I bother pulling blades for Rex or are his plot ones better

Don't pull blades for Rex.

You'll understand.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

nerdz posted:

Also I'm starting to get mad at tora's AI. He basically never switches out of his Ice blade once he get's it. I might switch to morag for more reliable earth orb setting.

We're still technically in a spoiler thread.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

They could at least have let me toggle core crystal openings for "no TNK/ATK/HLR" or something.

I've got two rare tanks on Rex, 2 rare attack and 1 rare tank on Nia, and 2 rare attacks on Driver #3.

Or lemme get one free move on rare blades.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Neither points are things that wouldn't be in the game's manual if it had one.

Eh, while I agree it's still a plot thing. Tbf, as soon as mysterious boob dress Pokemon and her corresponding dual wielding cool-under-pressure commander driver were introduced anyone would've pegged them as future party members.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should absolutely make sure Rex has an alternate DPS'er, even if you have to Overdrive one onto him, just for the story beats that separate him from Pyra.

No I want someone to find out what happens if you don't open any in Rex.

Wait there's still one story mandated random that I don't think you can release. Nevermind.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Grind stuff like Vess' dumplings and Ursula's mission feel like a glitch that hosed up a decimal place or something.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The ending of Whereabouts Unknown was expected but still funny. Especially at level 40.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Oh cool, fought a unique with about a dozen adds. End of the fight happens and I'm stuck standing around without sheathing.

Thanks game. Second freeze.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

"We are Ursula's New Groove, and we'll do what we can."

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

So for your tank weapons, do you emphasize blocking or damage?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Do you have to do every one of Ursula's fan gathering missions to get her to 5000 fans? I haven't gashaponed into a third Fortitude blade and if I got all three stats to full. Now the stat checker is missing from the playhouse and I'm so tired of this quest.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The "Do x damage in one hit" affinity chart spots can be accomplished during a Merc mission, they just have to have a weapon remotely capable of dealing that damage.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Question: Do rare blades maintain their trust/unlocked affinity/weapon chips if you dismiss them and redraw them?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

How many chapters are there anyways?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

pouch items have nothing to do with animations and you're absolutely meant to take advantage of them because you can actually squish enemies well below your level that way

Well I would certainly hope so.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

^^^ at least you have Zenobia ^^^

Do you have to do all if Ursula's concerts to finish her quest? Because I'm just about done with stamps but I don't have three blades with fortitude that can actually be sent on merc missions, and she's still almost 1000 fans short.

No. But you do have to get all three stats to 99/99 to unlock the last two concerts to bypass the triple fortitude concert.

I know because I just did it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Kris xK posted:

Also, Pyra's breasts are ridiculously large, like original Tomb Raider large.

It's a combination of them being ridiculously oversized, even compared to the official artwork, and every cutscene putting them in the center of focus.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Grinding Tiger Tiger is so tedious. I can consistently no damage & and all chests stage 5 but still don't have a master tank or evasion mod.

I have a Master Muscle, Luck, and Strike mod in case I ever want to turn Tora into an attacker or healer.

Actually, question so I'm not simply griping. When it says "Dex Mod" or "Luck Mod" followed by a percentage does it increase the driver's stat by that amount?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Poppy Alpha also straight up cannot use some skill upgrades, like Glittering Stars I Treasure Sensor 1.

PJOmega fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 28, 2017

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

For Poppi, what is the difference between the Skill RAM slots and the Skill Upgrades slots?

Also, I take it that the Specials Enhancing RAM slots each modify L1/L2/L3 specials respectively?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What's more efficient for grinding ether crystals, doing perfect runs of Stage 1 of Tiger Tiger, or getting treasure in Stage 4 and 5 to sell off? Skills matters, of course, so the former might be the only reasonable option.

What what what? We can turn junk extra equipment into ether??

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Anything that says "go to the inn" means take a rest there.

Speaking of which, it's really confusing why they even put in the Long Rest and shifting cloudsea level. Gormotti is the only Titan to use that mechanic and it seems like an awful lot of work for almost no payoff.

Then again that's kind of this games nom di rigeur.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Taear posted:

Mor Ardain uses it and no, there's a heart to heart it says I need to look at. I've tried resting there but it didn't give me anything. Unless maybe I have to rest there a second time? I did trigger a cutscene but it wasn't related.

Huh, that it does. Had to boot it up and checj. I don't think I've interacted with MA's cloud tide at all and I'm on chapter 8.

Go ahead and rest at the inn another time. Multiple events can be tied to a single inn and they'll fire once per rest.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Next Xenoblade game needs a Nopon as main character.

That chain attack at the end was insane.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Having Boreas and Praxis fire off their Salvage Mastery dialogue in that order sounds wrong.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

So, having played way too much Tiger Tiger the last few days, I have some theories/observations.

1.) Every run can get you every item available from that stage. Easy or normal doesn't matter.

2.) The prizes are better based on your ether collection. Every run of stage five where I've collected all of the ether has netted me a Max mod chip. Even when I've been damaged and don't have full chests.

Edit: Nevermind, just did a perfect 76,000 run and got a perservering strength 5, no Max mod chip.

PJOmega fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 29, 2017

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Boreas's English line is absurdly long too, it's like "Rex, make sure to bring back something good to eat, okay?"

It's followed by a slurping eating sound. Which goes on long enough to linger past many other voice lines when they are stagger stacked on one another, as they are in field checks.

Boreas: "Rex, make sure to bring back some local snacks."
Praxis: "Come take a look at this."
Boreas: *Obscene sounding slurping sounds.*

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

"Tora seal dog mode so people don't think he's weird."

Best H2H.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

For Luck affecting odds of pulling rare blades, is it only the opening driver's luck or is it the whole party's luck?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

bizarre deformity posted:

I only remember the tutorial saying that luck affected the chances of inflicting/receiving negative statuses, does it say that during the core crystal tutorial or something? Anyway I just burned like 100 crystals and got zero rares so maybe I should have boosted my characters' luck.

Yeah, it says luck influences chances to get rare, unique blades.

It may very well be bunk. At least that would be better than force feeding 400 coffees down a character's throat.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I've been playing Guilty Gear. I think Sol Badguy might not be a good dude.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tae posted:

Why Shin=Jin

Because he ends up being Malos's exposed weakpoint for Rex to kick.

Seriously though, likely to not end up with shin (character) and shin (body part) mix-ups.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ajkalan posted:

What is up with the line readings in this game, everyone pauses awkwardly for seemingly no reason. Pyra and the little mascot in the the helmet seem to get the worst of it.

I wish I hadn't gotten to like the English dialogue because either the VA direction was abysmal or they got their nephew to put the actual recording together.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It makes me wonder what the hell happened in the past if a single battleship/mechon is that durable how the hell did a fleet of them lose to anything?

Because Malos literally disintegrated the fleet from existence. It is shown in a flashback cutscene.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

poe meater posted:

Who should I give the beastly core crystal to? I'm assuming it got some cool field skills that I should probably use soon.

I got rex running pyra, roc and ursula. Nia with darmoch and the book healer lady.

Edit: Should I even care

Either Rex or Five, depending on your patience.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

emoji posted:

I wish the game would tell you your inventory is full instead of silently discarding items if you have too many accessories, which is super easy to do when you're smashing things.

Hahahahahaha.

Oh ffs Xenoblade.

Hell, I wish they would let us sort by accessory type. Nothing like scrolling through pages of poo poo to see if there is a better version of the item you have equipped.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

I mean "inventory full" is probably the most annoying notification in video games, but that's not exactly a solution to it

A flag on the HUD or at least on the main menu would go a looooong way.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

chumbler posted:

Why does the slot machine slowly pass by the 7s?

To incentivize spending more money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

404notfound posted:

I think the game has been pretty solid proof to me that I've kinda grown tired of anime-rear end animes, and JRPGs, and all their associated baggage.

I'm still enjoying XBC2, but Tales of Berseria worked hard to rub my nose in on that fact for myself.