Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

One more for bae blades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

https://mobile.twitter.com/XenobladeJP

There you go. It’s a few posts down

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Infinitum posted:

14 hours until Xenoblade unlocks on the eShop :woop:

Try 38

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If I was going to try playing the original on the Wii U, would I need just the wiimote or the wiimote and nunchuck/classic controller?

I think the second option, that’s how I play it. Wiimote and classic controller, but it should list required controllers on the shop page so that’ll say if wiimote only works.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Momomo posted:

I'm about an hour and a half into the game so far (probably meeting Pyra soon I imagine) and I'm enjoying it a lot. Rex seems like a pretty good guy, and I can get behind him just wanting to make some good money while also maybe finding a solution to that whole "everyone's gonna loving drown eventually" problem this world has. The voices are also good too, just like the original Xenoblade. The way people billed it I was pretty worried about this stuff, but so far I'm pleasantly surprised.

If you like that you’ll probably like the story just fine

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Guess who has two thumbs and just cracked open a kosmos. This guy.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So when I want to buy a deed, do I just need to buy everything once through the entire play through or all at the same time?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

katkillad2 posted:

Maybe a spoiler'ish question, I don't know. The first time I took a long rest to get the tides right for the main quest line, one of my party members mentioned wanting to go to the forgotten wastes. Does anyone know where that is on the map?

The under area of that titan which is flooded when tide is high iirc

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So I just met zekenator and now need to go to the city, the stairs are blocked by a high wall surrounded by water though. Where do I go? Do I need to unblock the spillway?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's on the rear deck where the Salvage Point is.

Actually, anyone figured out how to get in there without dropping 100,000G?

Decline once, only pay 99,900G.

Seriously though if you face him, jump off the ship to your right and hug the ship while swimming toward the ship from the first chapter , you’ll enter a nook with a door to the warehouse, it’s a skill check though like 2 focus or superstrength and 4 nopon knowledge.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Any advice for the the torna boys after meeting the man from the play house

Also thanks for the 3 deed advice.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Internet Kraken posted:

No its pretty bad. Like, even if you think all the voice acting is perfectly fine, lines being repeated extremely frequently is obviously a problem. Also none of lines sync up with the actual models mouths which creates a huge disconnect.

From what I see the Japanese voices don’t match either. :nignog:

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

On blade talk I’m in chapter 8 and have only 5 rare blades left, two side quest ones and three gatcha ones, so I think I should finish up the collection before I finish the msq.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

When can we start finding the new blades in ng+? I am only missing one blade from the first run through so I’d likely to see the new content.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

spit on my clit posted:

I heard there were new blades revealed, what might they be?

That’s may, today’s update is like 5-6 new quests

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Where’s the current best spot to farm cores? I use the mor ardain scavenger point but it seems less consistent recently.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I didn’t get the scene either on my first play through, i know what they were going for in terms of pacing plot beats, but there was nothing to really connect that scene to previous related scenes

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I can't beat Elder Arachno. I can get him down to maybe 50% HP most times.

Is my party just underleveled? They are 18, 19, and 18. With Vandham being level 20.

Yes, at that early in the game, a level or two makes a huge difference. Have you rested at an inn recently? You should have enough banked xp for about 2 levels or so.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Barudak posted:

If you got a blade from DLC its not poppis third form. Poppis third form is a late game sidequest that starts at Toras house.

I think the confusion lies in the fact that both quests start in Tora’s House, and become available in the same chapter.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So, I’m encountering a bug, and only started noticing it since the newest dlc, but the game seems to softlock when I finish a battle that goes immediately into a cutscene. Anyone else have this issue? It’s happening at the end of Dagas’ quest most noticeably.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah, this definitely just happened to me in T-elos's quest. Lame.

So I looked into it, apparently it was introduced in the largest patch and probably won’t be fixed until torna drops if past patches have been any guide. The issue apparently is triggered when you use the special A/ZR/ZL attacks is while doing a fight for a quest. Sso basically the work-around is not to use those attacks while in a fight needed to progress a quest, or possibly with a cutscene after. Regular arts are fine though.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

My wife played Torna first and likes 2 a lot, basically it turns it more into mythra/pyra’s story and gave her the attachment to the characters she needed to get through the early game. If she didn’t know that pyra was supposed to be everything mythra wasn’t, she said she would have written her off as a Mary Sue and dropped the game in gormott.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I remember being displeased with the Gatcha system when I played, but now that I've picked up Torna, I miss it. Mostly I miss being able to customize my party, but treasure chests have a lot less excitement now, since I was conditioned to not care about any drops other than core crystals.

How long is this dlc?

I haven’t beaten it yet, but most people say 30 hours give or take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

My wife played torna before xbc2, she said it was good as a stand alone and she said she believes having played torna first made xbc2 a bit more palatable to her than it otherwise would have been. (She doesn’t like Pyra)