Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
I sped through the game on my first play through and was going to start again on NG+.

Should I grind out a few more levels (I’m level 72) or core crystals or anything before starting again?

I got the cool accessories that let you heal on attacks/critical, so I’d like to try to skip on the dedicated healer character so I can play with some of the other characters and new blades, and actually do more than 2 side quests this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Blowdown from Malos was annoying too as well as his shackle blade. I did the blade combo to prevent blowdown and then kind of just whittled him down with anchor shot spam for healing pots.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
So, the remake for Xenoblade 1 is coming out in shortly, however it looks like it is literally just a reskin with better graphics and a small extra section at the end which is kind of disappointing for $60.

Was hoping for some more changes, or an update to the combat system or options, etc.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Terper posted:

It's got a new expert mode to reduce experience and adjust levels (as well as an easy mode), Challenge Mode/Time Attack ala XB2, new music, new gear, new quest tracker, FC (which is its own thing like Torna)... Dunno what else you'd expect from it.

Not really sure honestly. I guess coming off of Final Fantasy 7 Remake for $60 bucks I was kind of expecting new content or a bunch of new content for that price tag, although I guess FF7 Remake is only 1/3 or whatever of the full game.

I'll probably buy it anyway since I like the franchise.

Would have like more NG+ options like they did in XBC2 (The Torna Blades, Elma, Shulk, etc), but make them playable characters in XB1, or options to try tweaks to the combat (like how they completely changed the combat in Torna).

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Fourth Wall posted:

Can't remember what site I read it on earlier today, but the shoulder got carved off the Bionis at the end and is floating in the sky near Alcamoth. You crash land there at the start of the epilogue. It would be cool if restoring the city is part this segment, since the endgame quests there kind of left it hanging.

I saw that also you only get to play with Shulk, Melia, and 2 Noppon characters for it too.

Give me more Dunban. I think I played most of the game controlling him anyway (or Melia since the AI for her is rear end)