Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
I finally unlocked a rare healer for Nia, except she (Adenine) appears to have no way of healing. Am i missing a game mechanic somewhere on how healing works or is she basically a support that they had to throw into one of the three categories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I still don’t quite get what I’m supposed to be doing with Dev Level and Pouch Items.

Is the idea that I just buy one of everything in each shop in each town? Or do I just have to spend a bunch of gold in any way?

And is there a way to figure out what items I should be putting in pouches? I get that certain Blades need me to use items from certain categories or whatever, but am I just gonna be spamming pouch items over and over to unlock skills n poo poo?

Buying and selling will increase dev levels. Quickest way I've found so far to develop is to buy a bunch of cylinders, salvage, sell sets at the exchange with the salvage, then repeat. You should always make a (sometimes considerable) profit and both selling sets and buying cylinders will raise the dev level.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

If Knuckles doesn't give Nia a healing art then that's a pretty big oversight. Are you sure the 4th art isnt a heal and you just need to equip it?

You're right, she gets a small potion art like Rex has. I just figured the Blade would have more healing skills and abilities tied to it beyond what Rex can already do with Pyra.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

nerdz posted:

Knuckles are the closest to an offensive healer the game has. You poo poo out damage (comparable to attack blades) with huge cancel combos and very fast regen but you gotta be the one playing to heal effectively. You also really depend on the blade being any good since the specials make or break the knuckle blades.

Adenine sucks major rear end, for example. Kora is half decent with the potions never respawning and huge movement heal gimmick, but the best knuckle blade by far imo is Nim.

Not only her level 1 special heals a decent amount of damage, it's a guaranteed full party heal if it's the start of a blade combo because of her ability. Her level 3 special is another guaranteed full heal, as is her level 4. Having 80% extra damage against beasts is also awesome, given that beasts are half the enemies. If you go full attack on her aux cores it actually improves your healing since the heals based on damage dealt.

She became completely obsolete after you get the plot healing blade, but she's still on my team for when I have to emergency swap blades to heal.

I also happened to get Lim on Nia but this makes me want to swap her to Rex. Are overdrive protocols a limited item in the game or will I always be able to get more?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Do all engaged blades' afinity bonuses apply or just the active ones?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
How do passive skills apply to battles in general? Do assigned blades' passives apply even if they're not the active blade, or do you need to swap blades in combat to activate desired passives? I would guess they need to be active, but then I don't see how they would come into play during chain attacks. If I wanted to use Agates party damage boosts during one, would I need to make sure I lead off with her during the chain attack?

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

What exactly does the Overclock Bangle do again? I can’t tell if it’s reducing a Blade Switch time or Arts recharge time, cause all of a sudden I can infinitely chain Double Spinning Edge.

Also, where the hell am I supposed to go for the final part of We Meet Again, somewhere in the abandoned office/factory? I am lost as hell.

As best as I can tell, it decreases the cooldown time before you can switch back to a blade based on how many arts are available. For example, if you switch from a blade with all 3 of their arts ready their cooldown timer to switch back starts maybe 3/4 full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Duckula posted:

How does Orb Master work exactly?

It seems to add an orb of any random element, not the element of the blade the skill is attached to.

So much weird, largely undocumented stuff in this game - how the hell is there not a strategy guide?

It adds an orb of any element used by the party while the blade is out. So while it's out (assuming 100 percent chance if you have it leveled) and another party member does a level 1 fire special and a level 2 water follow up then it will add a fire and water orb. This should include the element of the blade it's attached to as well (using the blade with orb master's level 1/2 special should add an orb of that blades element)

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 6, 2018