Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The fire area's theme is the only bad part of XCX's soundtrack, and really it's more just boring and the area itself isn't very interesting. Everything else rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisposableHero posted:

So I'm a ways into Chapter 8. Not quite sure how much I have left in the game but I'm figuring it's time to do some side stuff cleanup. In particular I'm wondering if I should take the side trip to do (Poppi spoiler) Poppi's 3rd form. Is this worthwhile? I'm kinda debating on just plowing through to the end now. 86 or so hours in and I'm feeling ready to be done.

If you plan to never touch the game after the credits roll then skip it. If not then yes absolutely do it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you're fast enough on the swap I think you can just barely squeeze in the axe skill on Rex that does boosted damage to a toppled enemy before launching. Though I may be misremembering and had a longer topple accessory equipped.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I'm partially through this game (just got to Vandham's death), and a few questions:

- I read that it's better to stick with your "story" blades rather than spend common cores on the bland ones. Should I still summon a few? I haven't summoned any rare ones, really.

- thinking back to XC1, is there anything super missable, or a mechonis core type event?

- for bosses that are throwing up shields and seem to block all my moves - is there a trick to dealing with them?

I sort of know how combat works but it still feels like it takes awhile, and I have a feeling its because of elements.

The story and rare blades are more powerful than the vast majority of common blades you will ever get, but you'll still want the common ones for a mechanic that will be introduced shortly and for field skill checks. There's really no downside to just cracking cores until you hit the cap, but for down the road story related reasons it's better to avoid popping too many on Rex, but even that isn't a huge deal. There are limited items that will let you transfer blades, but the dlc packs will give you more than enough to move a blade if you got them on someone you didn't want them on. Basically just don't sweat it and treat it as they likely intended, something to make your playthrough feel a bit more unique.

If you're having issues with combat, you may have your blades not set up well across characters to continue blade combos. It's dumb that this isn't written down for reference anywhere in game, but there are specific element routes for blade combos that you can see in the corner, so take note of those and set your blades up to fit them. If you use an element nobody can follow up on then they'll just sit there until it times out, which will really hurt your damage because they'll pretty much just be autoattacking. Also if you haven't done it already, get the skill that lets you cancel driver arts into other driver arts.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's not just the stats of the blades but also their classes (attacker, tank, and healer), which will give the driver some passive bonuses based on the combination of blade classes they have. I am likely forgetting something, but I think it was hammer, shield, whip swords, and katana are tanks; bitball, rings, and knuckles are healers, and everything else is an attacker. The passive bonuses are shown in a bar above the character's stats in the menu.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I will be satisfied if it's just a switch port of X, but yeah nintendo may announce a new Zelda game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I can count on one hand the music tracks in that game I actually liked. Most of the ones I did like loop horribly and get repetitive very quickly.

The rest of them are either outright terrible or ruined by the absolutely horrid sound balancing. Seriously the sound direction in the game is so loving bad it's painful.

Soundtrack owns actually, but yeah the looping and balancing were not good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Soul voices and soul voice healing were way cooler than dedicated support skills.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

The UI needs an overhaul. Comparing and swapping gear/cosmetics should be less of a chore, among other things.

Monolith Soft cannot make good menus. I believe it is contractual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

main Tory coop, either sync

Never coop with tories, let alone main ones.