Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Breath of the Wild

I guess they're both open world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ghostinmyshell posted:

Can you add this to the OP?

Rumor has it on console mode you get better physics...

NSFWish https://imgur.com/u1eDa5I

Are those the good physics or the bad physics

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I got perceval on Rex with my first core outside the tutorial (so my second core).

:toot: I guess?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is there any actual point having a variety of blades on your party members.

Like, I got a unique tank blade on Nia. Will equipping the blade onto her actually do anything useful if I just keep her healing with her default blade? It doesn’t seem like the AI can change their blades mid-combat like the person you are controlling can so I don’t see the point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

They will switch it up to an appropriate element if a combo gets started and their current blade can't continue it. I've noticed Nia will also switch back to Dromarch for healing if people start getting low and she's on an attacker.

Personally I'm thinking I'm just gonna triple stack whatever a character's defined role is rather than mixing it up--the idea of a tank character not tanking strikes me as silly

Well that does seem a bit more useful than it did at first glance.

I refuse to not use any unique blades I get if I have a choice though, optimization be damned. I hope you get more of those overdrive items later since changing the blades up would be nice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty early but this Salvaging mastery skill on Newt seems to be doing a lot of work.

Salvage is suddenly dropping a ton of good poo poo.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's not xenoblade without british accents.

Also I don't really see how changing the VAs to NA actors would result in better VA direction

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Well a lot of people would disagree with you on that. Regardless, those are all parts of what could actually be considered a good dub. So even if it doesn't bother you saying the game has a good dub is pretty silly.

There's no reason you can't have both of those things in a modern triple A game. Not like they are paying out the nose for the most proficient actors anyways.

lol at xenoblade being a triple A game

(I agree with you otherwise)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Xenoblade 1 had better character models, sure, but it also lacked a lot of the graphical pop that Xenoblade 2 does. If that's a trade-off, it's no big deal to me.

I think that has more to do with the Switch being a lot more powerful than the Wii

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wish I got got an axe unique on Rex so I could Launch people since I currently have nobody who can do it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Shyfted One posted:

So apparently you can release rare blades and resummon them from cores on new drivers. That's not an elegant solution, but that does free me up to just keep opening cores. Later in the game if I really wanted a certain driver/blades setup then I could do that.

Time to open some more cores.

Yeah grinding 10 hours for a chance to get a specific blade combo seems great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

.Ataraxia. posted:

Does anyone have any tips for reliably performing drive combos?

I'm currently set up with the following progression:
Break (Nia) -> Topple (Rex or Tora) -> Launch (Nia) -> Smash (Rex)

I can reliably topple an enemy no problem, but once toppled Nia will not switch blades and perform a launch.

I haven't had any success without having Rex perform the Launch since the topple condition being so short in length and the launch action taking forever makes the AI unreliable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

When you have gold affinity, Mythra's Foresight passive gives your entire party a huge boost to evasion.

Do you need to keep her out or can you change blades after getting the gold affinity and still have it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

katkillad2 posted:

Game just crashed when I got Roc, lost like 3 hours of sidequests and leveling blades. God loving drat it.

save often

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can you buy premium cylinders at some point in the game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How do people use the fifth party member?

I feel like all the other characters already fill the roles I need in the party really well. Like, running without Nia healing seems difficult for anything slightly harder, Rex has the damage dealing sorted and the other two seem to be better tanks.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

He shits out a lot of damage compared to the other AI chars. I like to go healer/healer/attack as my character with two attack/attack/tank centered AI partners. A main healer fully stacked on damage modifiers can do similar amounts of damage as attack chars, while being a way more reliable healer. It's so much better than relying on AI healing that you can go whole hog on attack items on all your chars. Being topped up on health is even more important in the late game and you get a very, very strong healing blade only rex can use.

Does that new blade actually give Rex a proper healing ability? I dislike Rex as a healer because of his lack of them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zore posted:

Also in Chapter 8 you get the ability to remove the unique blades from your whole party except for Tora so you can customize people into whatever role you want.

Tora also gets access to his third blade then.

How much game is there left at that point?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also gently caress that guy for not getting a single rare blade in 17 rare cores

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I guess I'm not using the fifth party member much regardless of whether he is good or not because I've opened 20 rare crystals and 40 commons with him now and haven't gotten a single rare blade

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am extremely salty about using all the cores I've been hoarding for half the game on the new party member not getting poo poo from them

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

I got the rare blade Vale on my first core crystal I've used on the last party member you get.

Also don't count common blades out, they can get very strong skill combos. I got a common blade with orb master AND the skill that hits two adjacent orbs at a time and it's one of the strongest blades I have period.

On the other hand I already have the rest of the party who all have pretty good blade setups so this doesn't exactly make me want to try the new person out

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm up to about 70 common core crystals and 25 rare crystals on the fifth party member without a rare blade.

This is getting quite dumb.

edit: I opened a common on Nia by accident and got Gorg from it. This game is just loving with me at this point.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 9, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

the panacea posted:

Does anyone know what’s the earliest possible way to get some luck accessories?

A named low-level bunny just outside torigoth drops one

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Corte posted:

Sorry, I meant comprehensive, I was aware of luck but wasn't clear if boosters or anything else impacted the likelihood of a rare blade. Thanks for the tip about getting a deed that allows me to increase the # of boosters I can hold.

Nobody knows if the boosters do anything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

I still don’t quite get what I’m supposed to be doing with Dev Level and Pouch Items.

Is the idea that I just buy one of everything in each shop in each town? Or do I just have to spend a bunch of gold in any way?

And is there a way to figure out what items I should be putting in pouches? I get that certain Blades need me to use items from certain categories or whatever, but am I just gonna be spamming pouch items over and over to unlock skills n poo poo?

The buffs from pouch items are really really powerful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Once you get Gold Cylinders you can knock out 5 stars VERY easily by Salvaging. And get a shitload of cash in the process.

I might as well start doing that since I need a million to get Sheba maxed anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't feel too badly about losing the money, you'll get it back during her sidequest.

And get more than enough from Salvaging in general.

Yeah it's not that bad and I want to raise dev levels anyway.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have a bunch of 20 luck ones from early on, what do the stats even do

Also I'm approaching the end of Ch3 and from what I read I have to grind a lot more? Is there really nothing to prepare besides that?

You don't really need to grind at all

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You shouldn't have to grind if you use the Inn effectively.

If anything ou're also probably going to be overleveled as gently caress if you do side quests and use all the banked inn EXP.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Tigerx2 sucks penis. Am I seriously gonna be grinding up 5000+ crystals playing this game? Are there cheat codes or anything? Also sucks that I have to go all the way to Tora's house to play it, which basically means I will almost never play it.

You can just fast travel to Tora's house

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The point is you're getting a small gift now rather than sitting around waiting for the first DLC to release.

I wouldn't even count 10x Rares and a Legendary Core Crystal all that much of a good gift considering the supposed better roll rates on them may as well be nonexistent.

edit: Also pressing X going to the current map layer should've been designed that way by default. At least they fixed it.

3 overdrives is a lot

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would not give a poo poo about the boosters when considering using cores

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

Yeah, that's my point. If you get 3 generic damage modifiers on a common blade it will severely outperform any rare blade. They also have extremely useful skills like orb master, which lets you set up orbs at any point of the blade combo. Don't just trash your commons, guys.

And by the way, it is an absolute pain to find your good commons between hundreds of other common blade. There should be a sort by last usage or a way to set favorites.

On the other hand, the game is easy enough that you can get through it with basically anything and common blades are really lame.

And I definitely agree with the blade management. It's really annoying.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I managed to start his quest at affinity 4, the quest itself didn't have any skill checks for his unique skill beyond level 2, I actually have no idea. But I didn't have his fifth tier for sure.

How did you start it? I did the heart to heart in Leftheria and went to the bridge in Mor Ardain but that didn't actually give a me quest.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 16, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Inn in Argentum > Heart-to-Heart in Leftheria > Upper Level bridge exit from Mor Ardain (there's a telepoint for it) in the afternoon and I mean literally afternoon gamefaqs said it was like 16:00-19:00 or something

That is literally what I'm doing but I'm not getting the quest

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No idea, then. Maybe it's tied to progress? Are you in chapter 8/9ish? It made me fight a level 55 boss for the last bit of it and I had to have access to most of the areas.

Chapter 6.

I thought I would be able to do it since the Dagas affinity chart part wasn't ??? like it usually is when you can't do something.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saxophone posted:

I'm doing the "Ripe New Frontier" quest in Tempentia. I've collected all but one of the brooches, but the one I need is underneath a giant level 62 dude. I've tried night and day and he spawns during both. Any idea how I can potentially suicide grab that item?

I had no problems just grabbing it without ever aggroing a giant lvl62 dude

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Devoyniche posted:

Who should I give Ageaeon to? I was thinking Fourth(this is the only character it does make sense to spoiler because the game does kind of hint that they are kind of your enemy when you do meet them) since it's kind of given to them in the cutscene anyway and they're like brother and sister, or cousins or something that makes the weird sort of "loyalty and love" aspect kind of uncomfortable especially since that one guy is literally like 8 years old.

You don't have a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zoran posted:

If you have a ton of rare blades that ended up on the "wrong" characters, you're probably better off releasing them and rerolling. For example, you could try to release all your rare Healers (and only them) and then constantly resonate with Nia until she collects all the healers herself.

That sounds like a gigantic waste of time