Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So is this game as good as the first so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Leathal posted:

Combat is better imo - but I miss Dunban and his BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE combo. Fusion combos are needlessly obtuse.

Story so far (up to Uraya) isnt as good as first half of XB1 but it's still interesting.

Side quests are better.

Voice acting is about the same minus in battle where it's kinda bad. Soundtrack is excellent.

Thanks. I'll ask again once people have beat the game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So just started playing this game and it's fantastic so far.

Really hope reviewers were wrong about this being worse than Xenoblade Chronicles 1.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So is the upcoming prequel for XB2 just DLC, or is it an entire new game?

Also, XBX was terrible and I hope Monolith never revisits it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Exactly. XBX had the makings of a great game. But it was too ambitious. The devs seemingly wanted to make a JRPG version of an Elder Scrolls game (i.e. huge open world with a focus on tons of side quests) but in half the time.

And yeah, the story sucked but right when it was getting interesting it faded to black and went back to the main menu.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

who cares about the story, the planet was loving incredible to explore, the exploration in XC1 and XC2 is poo poo compared to it

I actually enjoyed exploring in XC1 more than XCX. XC1 felt much more crafted while XCX had the randomly generated feel.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

They should rename the Xenoblade X series to something else.

Like Nintendo did to Secret of Mana.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

No fall system and vertical walking were the best things about XCX.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

XCX is the Metal Gear Solid V of JRPGs.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Xenoblade 1 (and probably 2) are better JRPGs than any game without "Persona" or "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Every time I see Malos I just see this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Pyra's boobs are distractingly big. Even for an anime game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

have you seen dahlia

Is she in XC2?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Taear posted:

They make her look like a weird doll. If you're going to make them ridiculous at least make it look like a real person's breasts.
The character design around so many blades is really loving weird and gross.

My main issue is just it seems so out of character.

Again I'm only a few hours into the game, but it seems that Pyra is likely part of some sort of upscale ancient rulers of some poo poo (that's how it usually goes with these games). On top of that, her personality is very caring, humble, warm, and mature. She is also, as described by herself, "self-conscious". With all these factoring together why in the gently caress is she dressed like a neon stripper? Even if these clothes are bounded to her, she won't bother covering up?

This isn't me being a "SJW" or being too "sensitive". It really breaks immersion.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

It's also distracting because everytime I see Pyra, I want to have sex with her.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The voice acting of this game is fantastic. I haven't heard the Japanese version but I can't imagine it being better.

I guess we "lucked out" by having the first game being localized by Nintendo of Europe so we have the unique Great Britain dub.

Also, I'm almost ten hours in as I just finished collecting parts for the pon's grandpa's ship and this game owns. Unfortunately, it suffers from the infamous Xenoblade problem of it being too easy to aggro enemies, specifically powerful ones.

EDIT - The game's framerate also gets hit bad at times.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I for the life of me can't understand chain cbls. The top right always lists moves I do not have.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

here let me pull an explanation I made earlier

So when you use a level 1 special, you get that element's tree put in the upper right. If you're finding you lack the right elements to continue the combo, either change your assigned blades, or don't use that element to start a combo anymore

Holy gently caress does the UI do a poor job at communicating this. I was under the impression that that I had to do every move on that list in order.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I can't beat Elder Arachno. I can get him down to maybe 50% HP most times.

Is my party just underleveled? They are 18, 19, and 18. With Vandham being level 20.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

Did anyone else find it weird that all the humans have assorted Queen's English accents but all the blades sound more like American English.

This would have been cool, but there is Nia's blade who has an English accent and the one samurai glasses human who has an American accent.

So while there is a correlation, it isn't 1:1.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The combat system is still confusing in this game. I feel that XCX did a better job and having things make sense. I don't like having to rely on my characters doing "break" or have to trust that they will do a follow up combo attack.

Also, I beat the boss I was stuck in, but I find it funny that I could fast travel do side quests in other countries being that I was supposedly trapped inside the Titan.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I find it crazy to go back to any single player game, even with New Game Plus, that isn't called "Dark Souls".

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I'm debating whether or not I should buy the DLC pass or the physical version of the upcoming prequel DLC.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't think there's any reason to get the physical version unless you just don't already own XC2. I think the DLC version releases a week earlier too unless I completely misread something.

I was wanting to sell the physical version after I beat it.

Also, if I get the season expansion now, does the stuff unlock in the playthrough I am currently in, or do I need to restart it?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I was thinking the physical release situation was kind of weird to begin with, because the physical version of Torna also comes with a DLC Expansion Pass for XC2. Which means if you already own XC2, you actually end up with two copies of Torna.

So I can't sell the physical version after playing it so we it will brick?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I can just buy the physical version, use the DLC code and sell the physical version for someone to play it on the cart?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Purchased DLC pack.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A lot of the stuff I get with the DLC feels like cheating. 30,000 ether for Poppi and free rare cores? I'm afraid that I'll make the game too easy.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I accidentally stumbled into Shulk and Fiora in that colleseum mode

Was this in the base game or is this my paid DLC at work?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Glad that my money is being put to work.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Taear posted:

loving what.
I'm saying that basically represents everything that's wrong with the design of Xenoblade.

This owns actually.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

If Pyra is 500+ years old, then why does she have a crush on a 12 year old?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

she was asleep in cryostasis like 99% of her life you dingus

Shut up! Let me sound smart for once!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So I'm stuck trying to beat the Aeshar Core, or whatever that thing on top of that Mech thing that Jin rides. You know that you fight originally but it turns out that you have to attack the power supply, then you fight Jin, THEN you fight the machine again. I was able to breeze through the first two fights, but I can't for the life of me get this thing down more than 60% through. My part ranges from levels 41 to 49. They start off strong but gradually get weaker, and that green AOE really hurts me.

I've used a variety of teams, but I find In control: Nia, then Tora, then Zeke

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Zoran posted:

You can probably chain attack it to death fairly early in the fight.

You mean when I hit the "+" button? But it only goes around once or twice at most.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What's the fastest way to build orbs? I find that me and my opponents take too long to build specials at times.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So after pressing a button to do an art, immediately press another button to do a different art?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

What's "orb master"?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Why is Xenoblade so bad at explaining it's combat mechanics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Beat that boss last night. Chain combos are essential in this game huh?