Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Why have I seen zero mention anywhere that Pyra has the loving Zohar on her chest?

It's honestly completely meaningless as a design. The lifeholds in XCX were also designed to look like Zohar and had absolutely no connection to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There's a lot of people who are against Gyro aiming for whatever reason and will loudly complain whenever someone mentions liking it. Because the internet.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

bef posted:

What I don't understand is how Nintendo OK'd some of these designs. Surely they know kids are gonna play, how is giant free-floating titty lady anyway ok? It's a bit absurd

Nintendo not only funded Bayonetta 2, but also explicitly asked for the bonus Nintendo costumes to be sexier.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao I forgot that character was even in the game. I can't even remember her name. She doesn't do anything interesting before dying.

All the villains in that game sucked so much.

The main story villains sucked, but, like most things XCX, the sidequest villains owned. Red Lobster, Alex, Pizza Murderer, the Dephinians...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I really don't understand the complaint about having to bring Lyn and Elma along for story missions. I mean, yeah, it's kind of annoying, but it's also like maybe 10% of the game max? And easily the worst 10% at that. I think they were actually in my party for less cumulative time than basically anyone else, since I figured I'd just use them when absolutely necessary.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey, to those of you far into the game, how do the sidequests trend? Closer to the original or to XCX? It's kind of a dealbreaker for me if the sidequests are bad, it's the primary reason I couldn't bring myself to even beat XC but nearly 100%'d XCX.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

sometimes when I'm having a bad day I just think about Rex's battle cries at the end of chapter 1 and I smile

Didn't the game just come out yesterday

Doesn't this mean you're having a bad day today

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

DLC Inc posted:

this still sucks to some extent especially when a big fuckin bird who is level 70 butts into your battle but it's nowhere near as obnoxious as XCX was, which lietrally made you wade into nightmare territories of these enemies to plant your dumb mining equipment.

I will say that one of my chief complaints about XCX was "where the gently caress are all the Nopon" and XC2 definitely bumped up the Nopon ratio to an insane degree.

I still hope there's some kind of passing reference to XC1, given how the concept of living on the backs of giants is once again a prevailing theme.

I'm sorry, this is from a couple pages back, but XCX still had a ton of Nopon though? Just not in the main storyline. They had some really fun sidequests too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds exactly like they played XCX actually. XCX's combat system and 439740978943 other game mechanic systems was awful.

XCX's combat system was great though. It had an absolutely ridiculous amount of depth if you interacted with all its mechanics, it was really fun to think up new builds and try to put them into practice. XC2 is fun and all, but it's really straightforward and basic in comparison. You basically just set up your elemental and driver combos following on-screen instructions and obtain massive damage. It remains to be seen if it has anything postgame that requires more system mastery (Though I'm not sure where it would even be. Most of the character upgrading systems are very linear...) but it doesn't seem that likely. It feels like you just need bigger numbers to fight the biggest monsters, rather than some degree of actual thought put into a working build.

XCX did have the flaw of augments being excessively grindy, but they were only truly required for the toppest of the top end of content. You can fight anything below superboss level by just making a single Arts TP Gain XX and having a properly constructed build.

Some people LIKE having more mechanics. It's not an objectively bad thing in the slightest. I liked having to really sit and figure out how all the parts connected to each other, whereas XC2 is just so drat straightforward it's practically linear. I'm loving the exploration, as always, and the characters are a lot better, but systemically I vastly prefer XCX, warts and all.