Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Sam Faust posted:

Being the central way of customizing your characters both in battle and cosmetically (there’s no visible equipment changes like in previous games)

Dammit, I was really hoping I was gonna get to find the rest of that megaman outfit Rex forgot to put on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I've only just started and I haven't the slightest idea whats going on, but it all seems rather fun and I like how very English everyone is. Also the camera seems to be urgently attempting to inform me that Pyra has really big tits.

I don't suppose there's any alternate costumes like Rex actually wearing his whole diving suit is there?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
:byodood:Whaaat is in booox, sweets or treats or soooocks:byodood:

Tora is amazing.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm in chapter 3 and fighting a huge nerd. How long is this game gonna pull this "win a boss fight, lose the cut scene" horseshit? I just got off Cold Steel 2 I don't need this crap.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Not have any alternate costumes is a real strike on the game, especially in the realm of not making Rex zip up his drat diving suit. On the other hand, I don't think it would improve my ability to take Pyra anymore seriously because I remember the way all of Sharla's outfits went.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 10, 2017

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have been very hesitant with opening cores because I remember a somebody mentioning earlier in the game that your luck stat affects what you get so I didn't even crack more then a few open till I farmed two accessory that boost it. Thus far I have Cora, some high energy lightning lady with fists on Rex and Dahlia, some kind of ice women with beasty hands and a very large pair of blitzballs on Nia.

They both have a kinda southern accent, so that's something.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I just finished chapter 3! I figured Vandham wasn't in it for the long haul, even without the little mechanical clues. But at least he went out :black101: as all hell, and then I got to see Akhos have to scramble around dodging orbital lasers so that was fun. Poppi speeding in with the Tora for the drill combo was fantastic and it's bullcrap it didn't work but at least they get to pull moves in a cutscene, which is more justice then Riki ever got.

I'm still unclear as to why the legendary Blade is called the Aegis but I assume they'll explain that irony at some point. Finally the motherfucker running around referring to everything in stage terms calling drat near anything a cliche has sand dragging balls.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Budging along into what I assume is very early chapter 4! I hate the pickpocketing children thing, it's usually a long slog of a detour and you usually don't even get to be mean to them about it at the end of the business.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Still in chapter 4, yeah I move slow. One thing I always loved about the Nopon is just underneath that cute mascot veneer is a species of hustlers and gangsters, and blue research assistant busting in with those bird mooks, a stupid mask and a handcannon in the Tora's flashback was fantastic. I can't wait to see where this is going.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, regarding the end of chapter 4. So... Mòrag is cool and I'll see about getting her kitted out with some good blades and all, but why am I not under arrest again? I still have the super weapon blade, assaulted a warship and travel with a former member of the worlds most wanted terrorist group.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

At the end of Chapter 2 she decided Rex was super pure of heart and thus it was ok for him to have the fantasy nuke

I don't know what Pure of Heart is really suppose to mean in Japan, but a lot of the time it seems to boil down to total pyschopath with a sprinkling of higher ideals.

Dirk the Average posted:

Mor Ardain is currently on everyone's poo poo list since they just annexed a titan. The last thing they want to be seen doing is capturing a fantasy nuke because everyone will assume they're trying to get the upper hand in the war. Rex was also clearly not plotting anything and was under close surveillance for as much of his journey as they could manage. Morag's presence also helps not only to influence Rex positively towards Mor Ardain, but lets her try to stop him if he tries anything.

Alright, that makes sense.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

She got bonded to Nia for me. :negative: You can only have one of the unique portrait ones, right? No repeats, even among all Drivers?

Well, you can release her and spam cores hoping she spawns again on someone she'd be useful on.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Wow, 15 rare cores in a row and only rolling fodder feels really really bad.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Alright, boss fight aftermath in chapter 6 I think? Okay, Bana would rather go out with a bang then get arrested, fair enough. Child emperor orders bodyguard blade to deploy barrier, good move.

Then he dives outside the barrier to tank the explosion with his face. You sorta lost me there. Was he trying to save Bana or something?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The sidequest where you get Vess feels kinda low I guess? Like yeah her memories got wiped and that might be even more painful for the remaining family to deal with but I essentially just yoinked someones mom off the ground for my roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I beat chapter 6. So Rin can move at light speed and has the power of "particle control" meaning his dopey rear end is completely invincible until plot spasms or the Architect brings him down. Then he calls Rex a selfish child as Rex reaches out for Pyra and calls her name in obvious concern. What a great guy and compelling villain. I bet when we get to Elysium he'll do a big show of having a bird alight on his finger and he'll send it flying off with a poignant look on his face.

At least Malos is still kinda cool.