Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The animations are just as bad as the original xbc. Already glad I bought this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Dadapon’s cumcums

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Boss fights were like that in XC1. The point isn't that you're killing them, but that you're fighting them to the point of a climactic point.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The point I think is that bosses are challenging and for a lesser player who might die a few times to them, the time where they win with barely any health might have a fixed cinematic like that make more sense. You've optimized that fight to the point where you dont see that (using mechanics well, being overlevelled, just being a veteran rpg player) and it might make better sense if you were a newer player. Plus, its super anime and its an anime cliche.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My guess is that Rex has sex with your waifu

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Well, at least I got chain attacks before I got overdrive in X. Cancelling autoattacks is a bit more tricky when you’re playing in portable mode with the sound off. Had to zoom in lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I can at least understand why characters don’t change outfits. Guest artists have a unique vision, not 8. Plus, Rex really needs that specific suit to do all the salvaging with, and it would also have required a different category of items. Not impossible obviously, but this one has a strong emphasis on story so the corners they cut are consistent on that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Chapter 4 was awesome. DanaBot and the QT thing has me chuckling the whole time. He was yelling at muimui All fight. I had no issues with the factory. Cutscene that shows button, go click button.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Game is steadily growing on me. Gameplay got way smoother with 3 blades and Arts cancelling into themselves.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Xc2 is mountains better in handheld mode than xbx. You just have to zoom in a bit more to watch for your aa cancels.

5 just said ‘I’m really feeling it’ in combat. Love it.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Some of the ost is really growing on me. I got some serious mechon vibes from the factory track and the torna fight theme is great.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You can do a lot with potions tbh

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
stack a single orb on it, and then use the big thing to farm up 3 bars for a chain attack. It's fragile enough to kill in one chain attack.

Rex fights for his friends

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Tae posted:

What store can I go to to feed boreas easily with?

The first area sells merch to get him to level 3. Fund it with salvaging

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

MechaX posted:

I am only 5 hours in, but I ended up getting into an ambush with some human enemies and oh my loving god this game has the worst audio mixing in battles that I have heard in years.

Just two minutes of nothing but "YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE MEH??!?!" screamed by five goddamn dudes

You can change each sound option in your settings. I turned my music up and my voices down and its much better. I would see if you can't find some settings you prefer before you get up on the horse

Plus the VAs for generic gas mask troop guy owns and he seems way scarier than he is.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Climbing the World Tree is just cutscene death lol. Walk 7 steps, cutscene. Walk 7 steps, cutscene. Section with bad guys, cutscene. Probably watched a solid like hour of cutscenes in this and chapter 7.

I mean its really cool, just saying. I had to take a break at the mastery gate after they stop the thing from controlling the stuff

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The mor Ardain wharf is also excellent

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Eventually they all die. Source; beat it on my first try by killing about 20 of them

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It’s a loving shame the main character can’t yell out Monado all the time.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I see the gacha system as being a better fit of you don’t grind for all of them and just roll with whatever 7 rares you find first. That way your playthroughs are different as you try different party configs.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Maybe that’s just overly apologetic for their decisions though. :nyoron:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Now that I’m around chapter 9 I don’t even pull commons I just sell them. I just treat rares and legendary cores as 3-4 stars and hunt for commons to use for late game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Late game quest, inside the Argentum energy room lmao, the whole trading post is powered by Bana on a treadmill, and his mom calls him Banana. Bananopon. :3

If you’re like me you click on spoilers no matter what but if you don’t know what’s in this room yet don’t click it because the twist is great.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Give tora Rex’s bonus hp diving suit accessory. The % hp works great on making him a wall for you early game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Can we talk about how great the OST for this game is?

Argentum day theme and Tantal day/night are becoming addictively good.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I’m charting out the parts for tantal - night

It’s too good

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Crawfish posted:

I think if Nintendo decides to gate quests and things like blades behind ever decreasing luck with every rare you pull again, i'm just going to avoid the game it's in outright.

At least 700 pulls of nothing now between my last rare and now, and I still have 5 more to go.

What chapter are you on?

I get the feeling that the gacha system has to ‘reload’ by doing something in game that provides invisible points to the system. I do pretty scant pulls and it seems that I’m never too far between rares, but I usually am just looking for a common to fill out a field check so my expectations are different. I bet in several months we’ll find out that gaining trust, doing quests, or filling affinity bubbles, or killing uniques, SOMETHING, influences the gacha system so that as long as you don’t try to force them all out at once they are not that hard to pull. I just don’t see 700 pulls as being creator’s Vision.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
End game spoilers

Now Adam Howden is basically voicing the triforce

XB2 Klaus has the triforce of wisdom

XB1 klaus has the triforce of power

Shulk has the triforce of courage

Rex channels from the big central power of the goddesses

Alternatively zanza has the triforce of courage and only loses it to shulk because he was no longer worthy.

Malos has the triforce of power in this case.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Don’t forget you can send out multiple teams as well. Realistically that could just be 10 hours, which, frankly, is how long it would take me to fill out many affinity charts.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

IcePhoenix posted:

All of Ursula's missions have a requirement of Ursula as the leader

🤢 oh

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just popped 181k on tiger tiger 🐅

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I’m stupid; I could have been buying super cheap foodstuffs since literally Argentum chapter 1 And had 12 trust egg rolls ticking on autorefill the whole 70 hours I’ve put in so far. Dumb. I kept buying the nice once for combat stats but they l a s t 2 h o u r s I’m so dumb

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Just beat the game. Final reveal was awesome and with no words illustrated the purpose of the blade life cycle

Gonna patch my game and then new game it up. Now where is my xbc 1 HD port monolith soft...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That makes breakresist reduction valuable

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man I can not get any Cubic diamonds or whatever for the poppi side quest.

Though I did get a rare blade from my first Legendary.

Cubic Diamonds are very rare. A good spot to mine them in Mor Ardain would be in the lower level, near the landmark labelled "Pipe..." If you haven't discovered this landmark yet, I would suggest poking around in the upper level; The Mine Pit and Elevator might lead you in the right direction, and there's a separate section where you might be able to bound downwards towards the titular pipes in the rock. There's only one mining point afterwards so having Brighid is great since her Mineralogy helps farm it fast.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Blocking always. Use bonus damage against targets or in front to compensate

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Use them indiscriminately until you're trying to get KOS-MOS, then try to use the ones that let you prefer light/dark blades.

Theoretically they also increase the chances of your commons being 2-3-4 stars as opposed to 1. So really, I would use as many as possible for every pull whenever, just so that over the 25 hours of playing you end up with overall a stronger roster of commons to pull from. More than once I've lazily been looking through my commons and gone 'wait these skills are amazing, why am i not using this blade?'

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Date your sword

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
You will be comfortably introduced to new mechanics at a comfortable pace until you beat the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Astrognome posted:

Ugh chapter six I knew about the ice pillar but now I'm past that and the stupid waypoint keeps getting further away not closer, and now there's a collapsed ice bridge that needs 5 focus and blargh. Am I even going the right direction?

At least I have number one best character Zeke to keep me company now.

That ice bridge is an option area. The gigantic pillar you're on should have a vertical segment that lets you climb down.