Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is it better to specialize with blade pairings or be versatile? I'm leaning specialize since you can't control when your party switches and nia loves to stop healing in the middle of me getting my poo poo kicked in.

also what's the chances of getting a rare blade? I've seen on and went through a bunch of crystals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wish JRPGs didn't have a love affair with keeping combat systems locked away until 20 hours in. The combat was pretty dull at first but now it's starting to get genuinely fun with the blade switching, and stance combos. I hope I get someone to replace tora soon, poppi is fine but I'm not sure she's worth not being able to interact with the blade system and playing tiger tiger a billion times. They should have at least just made the parts cost ether and have the slots tied to affinity progress.

[e] I wasted 30 minutes playing tiger tiger only to find out I can't even make the elemental cores without hunting down tech manuals. Like, that's not even that big of a deal to add the extra step.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Hahahahah, it turns out you can just speak to one Nopon over and over and grind out the Nopon Wisdom conditions on anybody.

loving what?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

whooops wrong thread

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress off xenoblade 2 there's no way in hell I'm grinding tiger tiger for a second poppi form because they are separate for some reason.