Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

nerdz posted:

I beat the game. My strategy of turtling as a healer until I had like 5 orbs going paid off.

I feel like the plot is a lot weaker than the first one but basically everything else is a lot better. I didn't like that they end game spoilers reused the "scientist does experiment and alters reality" thing again. Feels a lot weaker the second time. it's also weird how the young architect's art style looks a lot like XB1. Is he someone we're supposed to know?

Did you somehow miss that (endgame) that is literally the same Klaus (well, half of him) that became Zanza?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Enemies a billion levels stronger than you is a core part of the Xenoblade experience and gently caress you if you don't like it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

its curtains for Kevin posted:

It’s a loving shame the main character can’t yell out Monado all the time.

Rex can't yell for poo poo so that's a blessing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't know what shonen anime is or what it does.

Sho(u)nen is one of four categories that manga and anime are generally sorted into. More specifically, most manga are published in magazines with different demographics, and are then referred to as belonging to the category that their magazine's audience is. Shounen is aimed at young boys/teens, shoujo is aimed at young girls/teens, seinen is aimed at adult males, and josei is aimed at adult women (note that this isn't like a hard rule of anything, a manga published in a seinen or josei magazine might have a younger audience in mind, or reverse).

The most popular shounen magazine is Weekly Shounen Jump, which is where stories such as One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball, Death Note etc. are published before being released as separate volumes. Since a lot of jrpgs (but not all) are aimed at the teenage/young adult (male) demographic, they generally write stories similar to ones that can be found in magazines aimed at that audience, and since most game developers in Japan grew up reading stories that could be found in those magazines, they are in turn inspired by them.

:eng101:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lol Mythra's so loving busted

I'm not even out of the segment where you get her, thank u Love Sources

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4r8ufspg0

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zarfol posted:

So, the remake for Xenoblade 1 is coming out in shortly, however it looks like it is literally just a reskin with better graphics and a small extra section at the end which is kind of disappointing for $60.

Was hoping for some more changes, or an update to the combat system or options, etc.

It's got a new expert mode to reduce experience and adjust levels (as well as an easy mode), Challenge Mode/Time Attack ala XB2, new music, new gear, new quest tracker, FC (which is its own thing like Torna)... Dunno what else you'd expect from it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

See the difference is that Final Fantasy 7 Remake billed itself as a remake, and Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition as a definitive edition :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was thinking of writing one up this weekend when I'm not swamped with work and or exhausted but if anyone chooses to surpass me and post the thread we've all been searching for before that, then I...!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

I was planning on making a new thread for the definitive edition when it got close to release. I'm also not exactly starved for time at the moment, so I could get it done by tomorrow or the day after.
well I hope you haven't spent the last couple hours writing up the perfect thread because

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923642