Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Please tell me there's a fast way to get 5,000 fans for Ursula. I unlocked level 4 of her affinity chart, and only have around 460 fans at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

There's not. Abandon ship.

I'm not joking. It takes 40+ hours of away missions to get her maxed out.

:psyboom: Welp. At least I have Dahlia as a healer to fall back on. Levels 1 through 4 seemed fairly reasonable, then this hellgrind suddenly popped up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Why do the Poppis have separate trust values? :psyduck:

How much of Tiger Tiger am I going to have to touch now? :gonk:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 28, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

or just ignore tiger tiger entigerly and focus on morag

I have popped several rare core crystals on her and she keeps getting terrible blades. :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Never again. :suicide:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ursula is a fantastic healer, but you can leave her at level 4 if you want to.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The flashes are also completely pointless and only serve to tease you. Just because a silhouette showed up in the first two flashes, doesn't mean that you can't get that particular blade from this roll.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

You always get the third blade. Always. Every single time. So when it flashes Newt or Zenobia or Dagas (or any of the other blades with easily recognizable silhouettes) at you in the first two, you know you aren't getting them. It's bullshit.

Not true with regards to the first two flashes taking blades out of the pool. For me, Finch's silhouette showed up in the first flash, and they showed up again in the third flash, so I got them. Same thing happened with Boreas. He showed in the second flash, and then again in the third flash when I got him. The first two flashes are meaningless.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

After taking a break from this game for a while, the very first rare core I opened up had KOS-MOS in it. That's one hell of a welcome back gift. :stare:

So is there any point to opening more core crystals now that I have all the random rare blades?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Momomo posted:

It's referencing the fact that he lost all his memories. Even without them, he's still Roc, and he will be even after Rex dies.

That part of the game fell kinda flat though because Roc isn't a character they interacted with very much. It's meaningful conceptually, but not really because of a connection to the player.

It's weird because Rex is clearly using his weapons in chapter 7, but Roc himself basically disappears from the plot after that one scene in an earlier chapter.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

So data miners were able to get at Xenoblade 2, and they started ripping various stuff from the game. Oh, and they took a look at the gacha mechanics. Mind you, this isn't the entire thing, but it's a huge bulk of the info.

quote:

Basically, as has been generally assumed: the only things that make a difference are your total luck modifier, the quality of crystal you use, and to a certain extent boosters. I've seen recent advice suggesting that if you're pulling for KOS-MOS you should only pop one booster a time. (It may also suggest that, assuming KOS-MOS is #1039, with maximum Idea values, 999 Luck and a legendary Core Crystal, you have less than a 1% chance of pulling her.)

quote:

On looking more closely, I realised that the mechanics shown here are just those that check whether a Blade is added to the pool- which means that, on any given roll, you can roll the 1% needed to get KOS-MOS in the pool and then still get a different Blade. And on extrapolating from some of the variable names if you're rolling with a common Core Crystal you might only have a 25% chance to roll a rare Blade at all.

I remember people wondering upthread about how legendary crystals didn't seem worth it in comparison to rare ones, as the jump wasn't nearly as big in terms of how frequently they pulled Rare Blades. If the table is right, the multiplier difference is actually bigger (x1.0 for common, 1.5 for rare and 3.0 for legendary) but it's just common cores have a 3/4 chance to only give common Blades.

Emphasis mine.

The short version: The gacha system is utterly utterly awful.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Feb 18, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Alright, let me try to simplify this as best I can.

When you open a core crystal, the game first checks to see if you used a booster or not. When you use a booster (quantity doesn't matter in this case), the game will choose the idea for the booster you chose. If you didn't, the game then defaults to the highest leveled idea the character has. (If there's a tie, one is chosen randomly.)

From there, your character's luck is checked. 999 luck gets you a value of 1.36.

The next step applies a multiplier depending on the type of Core Crystal you used. Common is 1, rare is 1.5, and legendary is 3.

Now your idea level is checked, and a multiplier from there is applied depending on how high the idea level is. (2nd column in the BLD_Idea table in the 2nd image. Multiply that number by 0.01.) 10 is the highest level without boosters, and applies a multiplier of 1.5. Getting it up to 15 applies a value of 1.75.

Now the chances of the rare blade actually getting in the pool are calculated. In the 3rd image, the 3rd column contains the number used in this part. KOS-MOS has the blade ID of 1039, and the number in this case is 0.1.

So now the luck value, the crystal factor, and the blade's probability are all multiplied together. So assuming we're using a legendary crystal with 999 luck, and are trying to shoot for KOS-MOS, our number now is 0.408.

Now if the game picked justice as our idea of choice (remember, this can be rigged with boosters), and we had our justice level at 15, we would multiply 0.408 by 1.75, which gets us... 0.714. And that's our chance of getting the blade added to the pool.

Yes, that's right. KOS-MOS only has a 0.714% chance of being added to the pool even under the most favorable circumstances!

Oh, but we're not done yet! If I'm reading this right, if you're using a Rare or Legendary Core Crystal, you'll get a rare blade at this point if any are in the pool. If you're using a Common Core Crystal, on the other hand, the game has a 75% chance to give you a common blade instead.

Yeah, so the odds work out like this for actually getting KOS-MOS:

Common: 0.0595%
Rare: 0.357%
Legendary: 0.714%

Yes, your chances are genuinely that minuscule, even under the best possible circumstances! Boosters barely boost your chances. Only use them if the idea level in question is not already at the absolute highest. I have no idea what Monolith was thinking with this system.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 18, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh, the table is in the blade album order. So yeah, here are the base odds of actually pulling the rare blades in question. Now there are apparently 5 different probabilities for each blade, so I have no idea when which ones are used when.

Godfrey: 0.63%/0.63%/1.25%/1.56%/2.19%
Perceval: 1.5%/0.25%/0.5%/1%/1.75%
Vale: 0.75%/0.25%/0.25%/0.25%/0.25%
Agate: 0.25%/0.38%/0.75%/0.75%/0.13%
Gorg: 1%/1%/0.5%/1.5%/1%
Boreas: 0.25%/2.13%/2.13%/0.56%/1.19%
Dagas: 0.5%/0.75%/0.5%1.25%/0.5%
Perun: 2.44%/0.25%/0.63%/1.88%/1.06%
Kora: 0.63%/1.88%/1.88%/0.31%/1.56%
Azami: 0.31%/1.88%/1.25%/0.63%/2.19%
Ursula: 2.25%/0.63%/1.25%/1.88%/0.25%
Newt: 0.25%/0.25%/0.25%/0.25%/0.75%
Nim: 1%/1%/1.75%/0.25%/1%
Adenine: 1.5%/0.25%/1%/1.75%/0.5%
Electra: 1.88%/2.25%/0.63%/1.25%/0.25%
Zenobia: 0.25%/0.75%/0.25%/0.25%/0.25%
Finch: 0.5%/1%/1.75%/0.25%/1.5%
Floren: 1.75%/1.5%/1%/0.5%/0.25%
KOS-MOS: Always 0.1%.
Dahlia: 0.13%/0.5%/0.25%/0.88%/0.75%

Any guaranteed blades you got that you decided to toss into gacha hell for whatever reason will have a 1% base chance of popping back up.

Also there's apparently an "assure value" or something, and I have no idea what it means. But here's the list of which blades have what assure value if you feel like figuring that out.

Godfrey: 1
Perceval: 2
Vale: 5
Agate: 1
Gorg: 3
Boreas: 1
Dagas: N/A
Perun: 3
Kora: 4
Azami: 2
Ursula: 5
Newt: N/A
Nim: 4
Adenine: 2
Electra: 3
Zenobia: N/A
Finch: 4
Floren: 5
KOS-MOS: N/A
Dahlia: N/A

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If I was going to guess, I'd say one of those five percentages are assigned at the start of your game.

You were correct!

quote:

Apparently every time a new game is started, the save file is assigned 1 of 5 sets of rare blade probabilities

Meaning everybody gets different stuff

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I wonder if it picks a number 1-5 for each individual blade, or if each column of that table is a set and you are assigned one of five sets.

It's the latter. You are assigned one column once you make a new save file and that's it. No way to change it. Woe to you if you got column 2, as that has the worst overall rates of getting a rare blade, period.

Now it's fairly likely to get rare blades early on, since the game computes for the chances to add each rare blade to the pool separately.

Once the blades are in the pool, the core crystal checks to see if it should pull from it at all. Common core crystals only have a 25% chance of handing you a rare in this case, while rare and legendary cores will always pull from the rare blade pool if at least one rare blade made it in. If multiple rare blades are in the pool at this point, one is chosen randomly, but the chances are weighted according to the rare blades' base possibilities.

This means that if you are hunting for a specific rare blade, do not toss any rares you already have back into the pool! While that increases your chances of finding a rare blade period, it actually hurts your chances of finding a specific rare blade since you are diluting the pool that way. Basically, just suck it up and mill your decks of core crystals if you want a specific blade.

The purpose of the "assure values" got found out. It turns out that they are part of a pity system the game has. The summarized version: If you use up enough core crystals, you are guaranteed to get these blades. The pity blades depend on what column you were assigned. Though 5 of the random rare blades will never be a part of your pity pool. The pity blades are as follows:

quote:

Column 1 Godfrey, Agate, Boreas
Column 2: Perceval, Azami, Adenine
Column 3: Gorg, Perun, Electra
Column 4: Kora, Nim, Finch
Column 5: Vale, Ursula, Floren

No freebies: Dagas, Newt, Zenobia, KOS-MOS, Dahlia

The way the pity system works is that when you open up a core crystal, a number is added to a counter. When the counter reaches 100 points, you are randomly given one of the pity blades, guaranteed (Assuming you don't already have them). Then the counter resets back to 0 and you are given the 2nd pity blade once you reach 200 points. Then the process repeats with the final pity blade being given at 300 points. Common core crystals add 5 points to the counter, rare core crystals add 25 points, and legendary core crystals add 50 points to the counter.

So opening 120 common cores, 24 rare cores, or 12 legendary cores will guarantee that you get at least 3 rare blades if you haven't exhausted your pity pool.

Oh and one more thing. Your luck value in the formula has a minimum value of 1 (so basically if you have 14 or lower luck somehow, it'll get boosted to a certain point, and having 15 or more luck will start boosting it further.)

And that should be it for the rare blade mechanics.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 20, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Column 3 for me. Which is odd because Boreas was the 2nd to last rare blade I got, even though he has a really high base chance in this case. Guess RNG was being really fickle for some reason.

For the record, this is testable if you aren't sure which column you were assigned, and you're willing to risk not getting a blade back for quite some time. Toss in a blade or all of the ones you think are a part of the column you have back into gacha hell, and you'll get them back if you build up the counter again and they're part of the column that was assigned to you.

If they aren't a part of the column you were assigned, yeah good luck getting them back.

While column 2 does have the lowest overall chances of getting a rare blade at all (Columns 1 and 3 have the highest), they are 3 times more likely to draw Zenobia than the 4 other columns, at the very least.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 20, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, to clear up confusion about how often you get pity blades, it turns out the counter resets to 0 if you get a rare blade at all. The counter just increases from 100 -> 200 -> 300 or so when you get the pity blade. So if you're wondering why it took so long to get all the pity blades, if you drew a rare blade between those times, that would be why.

All the rare blade gacha mechanics got compiled by someone here for easy reference. Some spoilers in there if you haven't gotten through the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Ch 7 Spoilers: Is Nia worth using as a Blade?

Be warned that when you use Nia as a blade, she won't get any SP or WP while she's active in that mode.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Ch 7 Spoilers: Is Nia worth using as a Blade?

Also yes, depending on how much you're willing to go without using her as a driver. Lategame, you don't really need a dedicated healer anymore and there are accessories that allow you to heal on dealing critical hits. That takes care of your healing right there. Though driver Nia doesn't have it nearly as bad as Sharla in Xenoblade 1, where Sharla really didn't do much, so there's no harm in keeping Nia as a driver if you wanted to. On the other hand, driver Nia makes for a good ether attacker since her ether stat is pretty good.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Finished the game. Well that was a crazy ride. Not sure how to feel about that post-credits scene, though. Okay, nullify Pneuma's sacrifice, and suddenly Pyra and Mythra are two separate people. I, what? :psyduck:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

glassyalabolas posted:

Max out 4 star common blade affinity charts.

And release them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

From what I'm hearing, this patch applied a few nerfs to some things. Core farming is a lot harder now, enemies who dropped Rare and Legendary core crystals do so far less frequently now. And stat boosts from blades no longer apply unless that party member has the blade out and active instead of just having them on them. Which is a pretty huge nerf to Morag, since you can't skyrocket her agility anymore.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 2, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

loving :laffo: if true

People did the math, and if the rare blade rates weren't changed to compensate, this makes it so that despite being able to skip the core opening animations in 1.3, it's just faster to just stay on 1.2 and farm up cores that way. Good job, Monolith.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 2, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hope you farmed up the stacks of legendary crystals before they nerfed how blade stats work! Apparently that was the main culprit in lowering drop rates, since Gold Chips are only active on the active blades instead of all equipped blades now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DoctorChowder posted:

Yeah, from what I've looked around, you can get overdrives, legendary cores, weapon exp items(not sure about this one), ether crystals, and accessory expansion items from different bards from each titan.

Meanwhile, Zeke's new ability is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXuNesJAEM

Yeah, Pandoria is pretty much the best blade in the game once you get this ability. Yes, even better than Mythra. Applies a massive damage boost (somewhere from 2x to 4x.), grants Zeke complete immunity to every status effect,
heavily speeds up his animations, and reduces his arts cooldown to almost nothing. If Pandoria tosses out Recharge Boost, you can pretty much just chain arts into arts into arts, over and over again. And it lasts for a whopping 90 seconds. Not that anything is going to live that long while it's active!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

All Story locked blades can only be used when you've reached the appropriate part of the story. This includes the extra poppi forms as well.

Aside from QTpi, who gets re-unlocked when you get QT.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Update 1.3.1 is out. It turns out that the Core Chip stacking nerf was actually a bug. You can resume Legendary Core Crystal farming now. And Morag is better again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

1.4.0 is out.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

T-elos always has a base rate of 5. She's 50 times more common than KOS-MOS. So with maximum possible rigging, you have a whopping 35.7% chance of pulling her from a legendary core crystal once you beat the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Challenge mode also has a bunch of new enemies to fight The ones that give out 0 gold are the ones exclusive to it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 10, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

They basically just decided to go all in on pandering to otakus.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/1068673758091571200

So that redesign in Smash Bros. is making it into the game as a free update.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oh and the costume is yet another AUX core piece of equipment.

As for where you get them:

quote:

some Nopon by a salvaging deck after Chapter 4 for XC2 (probably Argentum)

some Nopon in a village for Torna

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The AUX Core gives +25% crit chance in both games. :laffo:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

T-elos has a base 5% chance, so you're super likely to get her once you've beaten the game.

Also there's a pity system in place to ensure that you get rare blades at some point as long as you keep opening crystals. Well, until you get 3 specific ones, anyway.

quote:

I wonder if it picks a number 1-5 for each individual blade, or if each column of that table is a set and you are assigned one of five sets.

It's the latter. You are assigned one column once you make a new save file and that's it. No way to change it. Woe to you if you got column 2, as that has the worst overall rates of getting a rare blade, period.

Now it's fairly likely to get rare blades early on, since the game computes for the chances to add each rare blade to the pool separately.

Once the blades are in the pool, the core crystal checks to see if it should pull from it at all. Common core crystals only have a 25% chance of handing you a rare in this case, while rare and legendary cores will always pull from the rare blade pool if at least one rare blade made it in. If multiple rare blades are in the pool at this point, one is chosen randomly, but the chances are weighted according to the rare blades' base possibilities.

This means that if you are hunting for a specific rare blade, do not toss any rares you already have back into the pool! While that increases your chances of finding a rare blade period, it actually hurts your chances of finding a specific rare blade since you are diluting the pool that way. Basically, just suck it up and mill your decks of core crystals if you want a specific blade.

The purpose of the "assure values" got found out. It turns out that they are part of a pity system the game has. The summarized version: If you use up enough core crystals, you are guaranteed to get these blades. The pity blades depend on what column you were assigned. Though 5 of the random rare blades will never be a part of your pity pool. The pity blades are as follows:

quote:

Column 1 Godfrey, Agate, Boreas
Column 2: Perceval, Azami, Adenine
Column 3: Gorg, Perun, Electra
Column 4: Kora, Nim, Finch
Column 5: Vale, Ursula, Floren

No freebies: Dagas, Newt, Zenobia, KOS-MOS, Dahlia

The way the pity system works is that when you open up a core crystal, a number is added to a counter. When the counter reaches 100 points, you are randomly given one of the pity blades, guaranteed (Assuming you don't already have them). Then the counter resets back to 0 and you are given the 2nd pity blade once you reach 200 points. Then the process repeats with the final pity blade being given at 300 points. Common core crystals add 5 points to the counter, rare core crystals add 25 points, and legendary core crystals add 50 points to the counter.

So opening 120 common cores, 24 rare cores, or 12 legendary cores will guarantee that you get at least 3 rare blades if you haven't exhausted your pity pool.

Oh and one more thing. Your luck value in the formula has a minimum value of 1 (so basically if you have 14 or lower luck somehow, it'll get boosted to a certain point, and having 15 or more luck will start boosting it further.)

And that should be it for the rare blade mechanics.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, to clear up confusion about how often you get pity blades, it turns out the counter resets to 0 if you get a rare blade at all. The counter just increases from 100 -> 200 -> 300 or so when you get the pity blade. So if you're wondering why it took so long to get all the pity blades, if you drew a rare blade between those times, that would be why.

All the rare blade gacha mechanics got compiled by someone here for easy reference. Some spoilers in there if you haven't gotten through the game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Can someone explain to me how to level up blade affinities with their favorite items? As in it says to use Wulfric's favorite pouch item but when I slotted it into my pouch and used it twice the game didn't seem to track that.

Favorite items only increases the effects (or duration, I forget which.) It doesn't affect trust gain. And even then, the trust gain is tiny compared to how much trust they need to level up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

theshim posted:

Nah, I've been pushing + with a full party gauge and no dice.

Also what the hell are Driver Combos, because if the game explained that at any point I completely missed it, and I've been reading the drat tutorials. Is it the stuff that does things like Break > Topple etc?

If you don't have access to them, the game will explain it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Luminaflare posted:

I've just got to the cold place, am I far off getting that mechanic? I know what the mechanic is, just not quite when I get it.

Also bit of advice for the game:

Be very careful looking up stuff to do with rare blades, such as favourite pouch items, as a fair few of the lists have unmarked spoilers.

Still a good while off, though you are getting fairly close.