Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Factory was loving awful, but at least what comes after it is pretty alright.

I legit can’t believe someone play tested that part and thought it was good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

This loving sequence in the final chapter where they force you to fight your party is loving inane. I made the terrible, UNFORGIVABLE loving mistake of making Rex a DPS guy, so now I'm just getting housed by Morag because she has a mountain of health and I can't burst her down before she owns the poo poo out of me. Oh, wait, I'll just swap out some blad-----NOPE sorry you stripped all of my party members and my access to the blades I've actually been building up over the course of the game so I'm COMPLETELY hosed.

They do this poo poo like 5 different times over the course of the game and it is absolutely the worst poo poo. What loving designer thought that this was good?

edit: this is so bad that I'm considering just giving up on the game and watching the ending on Youtube. Wow.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 16, 2017

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

nerdz posted:

Wait, are you cut off from any and all blades? Because you know, you can outlive any encounter with Healing blades, even weak common ones. That part was insanely easy to me since I already had a good one equipped. Just change your accessories to boost your HP, and aux cores on your blade to give you more physical defense.

I got passed it by using generic blades that I went out and spent money on core chips for, etc. took almost an hour though and it was literally like a trading hits situation where I was on my last leg.

It was mostly an issue of Morag being extremely buff with insane evasion and solid damage.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Finally beat it tonight. On the whole, a really good game - but one that is a lot more uneven than the first from a design standpoint. Too many points where they take agency away from the player by removing or shuffling party members, loving with your blade setups, etc.

While the core story was good, I also felt less compelled to really do much of any side content in this one, too. Treasure didn't really feel meaningful, for the most part, which kind of dampens exploration to a certain extent. Would have been nice to keep actual equipment in the game. Side quests were boring, and weren't quite as conveniently implemented as XC1.

But despite all that, definitely the best RPG of the year, and the scope was incredible.