Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Does anyone else get a weird audio glitch where the audio is double playing and sounds reverbery and grating? And when it triggers it still happens if I go to home screen and start another game. Undocking fixes it and waiting long enough / doing things like triggering enough cutscenes fixes it as well.

I did get a new TV (old one that was given to me) at the same time I started this game. So it could be some weirdness with the HDMI audio signal. But I can sort of reliably trigger it in Tiger Tiger when the music changes when you're one hit from dead. And certain cutscenes. But it seems certain audio operations affect the whole Switch audio output which is bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I’m surprised there isn’t a common API supplied by Nintendo for this purpose.

Who's to say there isn't? There are clearly some hacks and rushed deadlines

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I know most pouch items raise trust by 9 but people say there are ones in Leftheria that raise it by more without being a favorite...anyone know what they are? Any time someone asks this question online someone links some private google spreadsheet which is worse than useless bc then people don't reply.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Xenosaga was the first game I did most of and abandoned bc it was just too tiring. I was a young teen and had paid full price with my own money and was going to finish it bc sunk cost etc but in the end I just couldn't

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I wish the game would tell you your inventory is full instead of silently discarding items if you have too many accessories, which is super easy to do when you're smashing things.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
There's a hard cap of something around 200 (256?) accessories so when you end up with 30 Break Stones in a few minutes from smashing every 15 seconds any future accessories are vaporized when you touch them. Not sure why it doesn't use x/99 like everything else. So now you actually have to go sell frequently and consult a spreadsheet to know which items supersede what since there is no category sorting.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

But you can get 999 of each accessory.... I don't understand

Driver accessories, not aux cores. For whatever reason item manage for those is different from every other item and broken.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Name changes dont bother me because a good chunk of the people playing it english wouldn't get the wordplay involved in the characters names in japanese. Pyra is fine, it invokes the same image in english as the name does in japanese just probably less hamfisted. Mithra does the same thing as Hikari, again just less hamfisted.

The localization seems fine to me. Only problem is Rex's voice actor cant do shonen protagonist at all. But Nia is way better in english, gramps is way better in english, the regional accents by titans is great and pyras/mithras valley girl accent clashing with everyones is fine too.

They should have named one of Pyra's heat powers Vocal Fry

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It was probably like ch 7 before I fully understood all the battle mechanics lol, well until they added more after

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Thanks google

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

bizarre deformity posted:

Okay wait sorry speaking of armu milk earl grey why isn't that cafe showing up in Fonsett? I'm in ch 9. Shouldn't it be there?

Edit: I guess it doesn't show up until even later?

Merc mission which may depend on dev level

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
*releasing blades* "So here it ends... I'll never forget you!"

I got uhh bad news for you buddy

Also the animal blades sound like nerds

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Finally got big boob ice girl as my last blade .... brb

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

amazingly, i don't know which of two perfectly reasonable guesses is correct here

I realized I should have been more specific lol, the one with the boobs clipping through her claw hands when arms are folded

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Oh yeah probably that would make sense

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Tae posted:

If you mean whenever you do field skills, press A. It turbos through it.

Only the unlocks tho not the gatherings, which max out at three it seems except for salvaging

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I just completed the plot race from Chapters 6-8 and man the game really ramped up the stupidity. I have a shitload of complaints about the long series of "not even my final form" scenes and overall plot nonsense, but here's a complaint highlight reel:

If Torna is a terrorist organization that's been collecting Core Crystals, is led by a guy who hates the Praetor and whose entire plot to destroy the world was caused by the Praetor being an rear end in a top hat, and the Praetor is the guy who owns every Core Crystal ever and gives them out to countries, why the gently caress hasn't Jin just killed the Praetor already? Malos might return to his core, but he also might not considering the game seems to change the rules of how Aegis' work all the time, but even if he did couldn't Jin just re-summon him? And even if he couldn't, again, does it even matter? Does Jin really need Malos to get anything done considering Jin is apparently way stronger than Malos, even after repairing his core? Even Nia was able to at least temporarily defeat a full-power Malos, and Pyra didn't even need access to her full power to beat Malos 500 years ago, but the third form is the only way they were able to beat Jin, I'm pretty sure that makes Jin objectively stronger than Malos, right? If Malos was able to defeat Ophion, wouldn't Jin have been able to? ...why did they even need Pyra to get to Elysium, then? It seemed like they needed the Aegis to "open the path" which effectively just meant to turn off Ophion, and so that was why they woke her up and then let her find the Omega Fetter for them, but apparently when they used the Fetter Ophion just attacked them anyways and Malos beat him up, so what was even the point of waking up the Aegis if her only purpose was turn off Ophion if it was just possible to defeat him anyways? I know Malos was powered up when he beat Ophion, but wouldn't Jin have just been able to beat him since he's basically invincible save for the fully-powered Pyra?

Individuals can't do poo poo. The power of friendship is needed

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The Torigoth merc final fight was easily the worst even tho I was like 20 levels higher. I think it took five tries. I tried to bring him around to the bigger roof section but he would just get stuck on the corner and would never come. Myrmidon Eugene fell off in like 3 secs so I was cool, done.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Silver Falcon posted:

One last thing, I promise. What's the quickest way to gain Affinity? I've got a couple Blades that just need a bunch of Affinity to unlock their last node and it seems to take forever to tick up.

Buy 40 of everything in Leftheria of whatever category is not favorite to avoid the dialog, and just keep hitting A. That should be about 3k trust every 7-8 mins or so. I went from 0-9800 in under 30 mins while reading, only restocking when a character was like Mmm Delicious.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I have a huge excess of overdrives bc I was pretty lucky with my pulls. My first pulls were like, Boreas and Kora on Nia, Godfrey and Electra on 4 one after the other when I first started cracking eggs. Agate, Gorg, Perun, KOSMOS on 5. Only have a handful of blades mismatched from their natural drivers and could move all of them with overdrives to spare for moving orb masters, of which I have two 4* and at least one lvl 5 3*, all of different elements on different characters.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Mythra is also a light pun bc Mithra is a Zoroastrian deity of light.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Well it was a cycle but the thing was that guy sabotaged part of the cycle so they are dying for real.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Sean posted:

The example above is stupid as poo poo. Becoming besties immediately after an attempted hit? Really?

Who says that's just stupid fiction. Haven't you seen the president's latest comments on NK?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Speaking of him, where's the best place to farm the food for his final level?

Daram Isle in Leftheria, the tree near Confiscator Jimmy spawns a lot of the legendary flowers with botany.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

shortspecialbus posted:

Ugh. I've killed that bat like 40 times since level 63 or so and got none of those :(

7th Perimeter Skyport has 2 Vay Taos right at the spawn point and I got a bunch of gold ones there in just a few minutes.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Addam will be DLC

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I think I opened ~200 cores total for all of them. With like 600 luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004