Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004
So maybe (probably) I am just crap at this game, but I'm sort of stuck and getting frustrated. So I'm kind of pissed and a bit ranty but here's my problem:

I'm still quite early on and I have to rescue Nia or whatever the catgirl is and to do that I have to get the stupid Nopon's robot working and to do that I need to get parts and to do that I have to find the guys who are loving up this town's crane.

The issue is this... I die all the drat time. I'm about level 12 or so, and almost everything kills me. The level 8 Driver chilling near the town entrance kills me if I fight him. The crabs that come up when I try to salvage sometimes kill me (if there's like 3 of them). Going out into the field, the three level 8ish Volffs near my objective will aggro and kill me. If I sneak by them the two level 10 bird people I need to fight kill me. The level 7 rabbits in the field won't kill me (unless a level 17 bird or a level 80 supermob show up and kill me, which happens pretty frequently), but grinding them seems pretty ineffective. They don't give enough exp to level up, and I gather sp and wp at a snail's pace (and I already cashed in my bonus exp at the inn).

So am I missing something important like conjuring some better Blade, or do I just need to get better at combat? The in-game explanations are kind of crap, but I think I've got a basic handle on using Driver Arts or whatever until my Special charges, and using that. The Special combos are still a bit weird to me but since I only have one playable character that doesn't seem like a big deal. As far as I can tell the combat boils down to boosting your damage beyond your auto attack as much as possible using arts and poo poo until you run out of hp since healing isn't really much of a thing, which sort of seems like a crappy system to me (I also didn't really like combat in Xenoblade X very much and never finished that as a result... sort of assumed combat in this would be closer to Chronicles 1 but I guess not).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004
Unless I greatly misunderstood something, this is a story quest. Just a very convoluted one. (Well, not by anime standards.)

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

The crane is a sidequest, not main quest.

Dang, really? I thought I needed to do it to activate Roboto-chan to go save Catgirl-sama. Guess I'll poke around the Quests menu a bit more.

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

The crane is a sidequest, not main quest.

Yeah this was my issue... I guess I got confused because the questgiver NPCs had the same character model.

Also, playing the game in bed while half asleep probably doesn't help either...