Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Got my collector's edition from Best Buy. The shipping box had a warning label about hazardous materials and the inside said that it contained a lithium ion battery and to discard if the package is damaged. I don't know what the gently caress is going on but I think the weight of the art book confused the person who boxed it. Because that is one heavy book.

Gonna jump headfirst into this tomorrow, I loved both XC and XCX so I'm sure I will love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does anyone else have the edges of the screen cutoff? I can't figure out a way to change the screen size and all the UI stuff on the edges is being cut off for me.

Edit: never mind it was my tv's fault

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm just now leaving on the first mission and I am wondering about the DLC item pack. Do the items go straight into your inventory? Will I benefit from them now, or should I just wait until I get to the next town? I guess I'm wondering if I will miss out if I wait a little bit before buying it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can someone explain what the bravery/justice/whatever levels mean? And also, what the boosters do when bonding with core crystals?

Also I got Adenine as my first rare Blade on my fourth or fifth core, which owns.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The English dub is great because Rex will shout "WE WILL BEAT THEM... WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!" during battles and it makes me laugh every single time.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When I do QTE's, am I aiming for the outer circle or the inner one? It isn't very clear.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can get a one-use item in treasure chests called an Overdrive that lets you swap Drivers for a Blade.

Neither. You're aiming for the brighter section.

Oh ok so whichever of the two is brighter? Makes more sense now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does your luck stat help you get rarer items from collection points? I need muscle branches for this quest and they are super rare.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I just got to chapter 3 but I don't remember chapter 1 ending and chapter 2 starting. Also I accidentally skipped the cutscene at the end of ch 2 with them sitting around a campfire or something. I hope I didn't miss anything important...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ok, I'm completely at a loss at how to to this spot for this side quest. https://twitter.com/IntelligenTom/status/937469912754225152?s=09
Please help!

You have to climb up on the roof near the fountain and follow a path that ends up there. I had trouble finding it too. I think it's the roof of the inn?

Also, I got Electra and she is weird as heck also who do I talk to to increase her thunder mastery? The quest marker led me to a "strange device" which requires lv 10 mastery or something.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is there really only four arts per weapon? Like, does every Blade with the same weapon have the same Arts?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When do I get the ability to set three Blades, only having two is bullshit

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sounds like I'm going to burn an overdrive moving her to Rex then and let her take my 3rd Blade spot for his setup then. :black101:

1.5x as anime, 0.05x as grimdark.

I beat chapter 3 at level 22-23 and the last boss fight in it killed Tora multiple times from (near) full HP.

I imagine if I had been on level he probably wouldn't have died and the threat would've been much lower in general.

I was close to lv 30 and he still died twice

It was a good battle though. But then the story went completely nuts.

How many permanent characters are there, out of curiosity?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I should burn through these common core crystals so I have a ton of blades to do merc missions, right? I've gotten a handful with good abilities but most are trash.

Got Boreas though. Who the hell designs these things?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I had my game suspended and then put my switch to sleep. When I turned my Switch on earlier I booted it up and saved and for some reason my played time jumped from 25ish hours to 91 lol must be some kind of glitch with the time keeping

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I should use the Beastly Core Crystal as soon as I can, right? No reason to save it?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tae posted:

Depends if you want to save it for future party members.

I can use an overdrive later if need be

You get more overdrives later, right?

Also does said Blade have Fortitude because everything seems to require it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

If I give Vess to Four, will they get a healing art like Nia would?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Zore posted:

Yeah, 4 gets a direct healing art with Blitzball weapons.

Heck yeah. End fight of Chapter 4 took me four tries even at lv 39 but it was worth it to get the Fourth character

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

What the heck do idea levels even do?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I JUST GOT NIM WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS WEIRD FURRY poo poo

This game is mostly amazing but then there's poo poo like NIM

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ytlaya posted:

Man, just wait until boob monster (if you happen to get her from the gacha). Her intro scene is completely ridiculous, with her Literally Watermelon Sized boobs just bouncing around. And to top things off, she has her own weird furry thing going on with (IIRC) her feet/lower legs.

edit: Here is her intro video, spoilered just in case someone considers a rare blade's appearance a spoiler:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLwAodWZQio

:wtc: this game is so weird

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Amppelix posted:

In the process of spamming commons on Nia to try to get a single drat wind mastery on her so I can clear some of these skill checks I've gotten three rares, one of which was even wind (Finch) but of course she doesn't have wind mastery. I fear that I have now spent all of pull luck for the rest of the game. And yet I still don't have that drat wind mastery!

None of your commons have wind mastery? On anybody? You should be able to equip a blade on any character to have its field skills trigger during a check.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait Floren is a dude?

He sure is! This game is confusing.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dumb question that was explained early on and I forgot: is the elemental symbol next to an enemy's name in combat its weakness? Or resisted element?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mabels big day posted:

(Sidequest core question) So for the fief of forgetfulness salvage spot, is there a trick to getting the "greedy monster" to spawn?

You're in the wrong area.

Use the key from the fief to open the gate neat dock #2. Go through the gate and turn left. The salvage point is called Near Chasnegh Wastes or whatever that area is called. Also, you bought the thing from the informant, right? It literally says the monster is at Chasnegh Wastes. This isn't the first post that I've seen with someone wondering why they can't find that monster at the Fief of Forgetfulness, I'm wondering where that misinformation is coming from?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mabels big day posted:

last question about this, does it matter what cylinder I use?

It shouldn't, but you should use gold ones because the spot is really easy to grind materials that you can trade in for 30k gold. You only have to hit A every time!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got Praxis and was gonna save her for the fifth party member since I gave Sheba to Rex. But I just read that I can't get Theory until I get Praxis to affinity lv 4 so I'm wondering if I should bite the bullet and give her to Rex. How close am I to getting the fifth member? I am just leaving Fonsett for he Praetorium.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Louisgod posted:

I'm on version 1.1.0 and don't see how to download the expansion pass, am I missing something?

You can buy it through the eshop, it's kind of a roundabout way though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My wife finds the battle phrases super annoying in this game (especially Tora's) and can't understand why I don't. It's partially because I need to know what they're doing in battle, but also because I could listen to Rex shout "NOW I'M FIRED UUUUUUUUUP!" and "WE'LL BEAT THEM WITH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" over and over and not get bored.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm in chapter five and I can't wait to GET UP ON THE TITAN'S BACK!

Never mind that boss was dumb I take it back

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Here are the patch notes in case anyone is interested:

quote:

Patch notes

-Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “One Step Ahead,” where acquiring the Healing Herb quest item at 12:00 caused the item to fail to be counted in the quest log, preventing completion of the quest.
-Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “A Young Man’s Prize,” where acquiring the Snow-White Rhino quest item at 7:00 caused the item to fail to be counted in the quest log, preventing completion of the quest.
-Fixed an issue occurring in the Gormott regular quest “The Riddle on the Wall,” preventing quest progression.
-Fixed an issue occurring in Perceval’s blade quest “Failure and Success,” preventing quest progression.
-Fixed an issue occurring in Gorg’s blade quest “Follow Your Passion,” preventing quest progression.
-Fixed an issue occurring after viewing the “Something in Common” movie in the “Chapter One: Encounters” section of the Events Theater causing the camera to continue shaking after returning to the game.
-Made adjustments to improve the stability of performing certain actions.
-Due to these adjustments, time required for Skip Travel and loading event cut scenes has become longer in some instances and shorter in others.
-A Pro Controller can now be used when the Joy-Con Controllers are attached to the system in Tabletop Mode.
-Added an Easy difficulty to the Tiger! Tiger! mini game.
-Added a new size of map to the mini map.
Pressing X when in the field to open the Skip Travel screen, the map of your current location will open.
-Added functionality to allow players to receive the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm maybe in chapter 6 or 7? I just finished Tantal and Pyra was kidnapped. Do I have to finish the entire chapter to get her back? Because there are quests for other blades like Agate that require Pyra and I can't finish them.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That loving sucks. I hope it is a short chapter then. Actually I wish I had done Agate's quest earlier because she is really good and now her affinity tree is stuck on level 2.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I got Floren on someone who is not Nia, should I overdrive him onto Nia

E: I also got a Nim for the 4th character, should I overdrive her to Nia

Floren on Nia is very good, Nim is the weird fox girl right? Four is good at healing so keep it on her.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Taear posted:

Someone on GameFAQs has said that Rare/Legendary cores don't increase the chance to get a rare blade. They just make it more likely you'll get better commons. This feels true to my experience as I've got my best commons from rare cores but I've never had a rare blade from one.

I've just done Chapter Seven and yea why the gently caress does it take Nia's clothes off? God the character design in this is seriously over the top. I don't want to see Nia's bum - she's 14!

It's really getting to me how many side quests suddenly force you to do Merc Missions. I don't want to sit around for 40 minutes while a mission completes! I ended up with 3 sidequests that all required Merc Missions and had to carry on the main quest which I wasn't really ready to do yet.

I need some help triggering 3 sidequests. Gorg, Dahlia and Wulfric to be specific. They all want me in character Five's home area. Dahlia's just tells me to go to the town square, Wulfric to the temple ruins and Gorg to the inn. But nothing happens!
There's no ?, there's no Heart to Heart. There's just nothing. What do I do? Do I need the development higher? I can see a ? on an island I can't reach, is that for Wulfric?
I spend so much of my time in this game just wandering because there are no guides to work stuff out and I hate how much of my time is wasted. When you've only got two hours to play and an hour and a half of that is wondering where to go, it's just wearing me down.

In a similar vein where the hell do I go for the first step of Writing On The Wall? I can't find the cave that I'm meant to go to. Bring back that nopon ball from XCX, seriously.

Wulfric has a heart-to-heart in Fonsett, but his quest starts in Tantal which triggers when you walk through the ancient temple ruins on your way out the back gate.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's been three chapters and somewhere in the vicinity of 150 cores since my last rare blade. Sometimes this game makes me very angry.

The worst part is how the game teases you with the silhouettes of rare blades before giving you some trash generic piece of poo poo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PJOmega posted:

For Luck affecting odds of pulling rare blades, is it only the opening driver's luck or is it the whole party's luck?

Is this actually proven to be true?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Barudak posted:

The tutorial says it is, but the game also implies boosters do anything so...

I only remember the tutorial saying that luck affected the chances of inflicting/receiving negative statuses, does it say that during the core crystal tutorial or something? Anyway I just burned like 100 crystals and got zero rares so maybe I should have boosted my characters' luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How do I make it be lightning weather in Temperantia so I can finish the salvage king side quest?