Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I got a rare blade at the beginning of the game, Zenova, who has a big fuckoff axe and does massive damage to toppled enemies. I topple and switch to her and then combo into her big swing and do over 10,000 damage, its super satisfying and quick to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Is there anywhere in the first 4 chapters to buy an overdrive thing? Or do I just have to wait until i come across one again?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

No wonder Tora is the tank, he's massive. He's three times the size of other nopon, he's gotta be 300lbs of pure mass.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I like it how Rex isn't a complete greenhorn like most jrpg dudes. He's a well known salvager at the top of his field, he's already achieved success and self actualisation in his own right before this game even began.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

As much as I want to use the other party member, Tora is seriously just too powerful if you play a moderate amount of tiger tiger. Her chips are much stronger generally and his tank stats are beefy as hell regardless. His voice acting is really tough in battle, even if its fine in cutscenes.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I stopped playing shortly after getting to the mechs because adding another layer to the combat was the final straw. I was already sick of managing equipment and levels for 12+ party members, and now you're gonna tack on these dumb robots too? I had enough. '

I quit when they got to them mechs too. The mech screen is just a brutal mess of made up words and mk IIs and whatnot, my eyes just glazed over and I turned the game off forever. Even then, its over 20 hours into the game.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I want some of the rare blades because they look rad as hell. I might swap Zenobia to Rex because she's an attacker with a big kickass axe and the reason I haven't done so yet is because I don't know if overdrives are a finite resource (probably not), or if they'll be something you can farm but it'll be time consuming as hell (probably).

What canister do you use, or doesn't it matter?

Zenobia is a beast, she is my bread and butter. She has a move which does massive damage and doubles for toppled enemies, and a lot of what i do involves toppling and cancelling to her for them big big hitz.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

If you max out a city you can buy gold salvaging capsules for 5000 and then go to a lower ranked city and sell them for 5000, do this back and forth for a while and you'll max out the other city. This is kinda cheating but not really because all it does is cut down from another 60 salvage minigames.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm pretty late in the game and haven't gotten any proper blade sidequests. Do I have to max their trust or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i beat the game last night without really ever upgrading Tora's ladies, and using him the whole game, I can't imagine how strong he'd be if i played that silly mini game.