Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

the panacea posted:

Does anyone know what’s the earliest possible way to get some luck accessories?

I have a bunch of 20 luck ones from early on, what do the stats even do

Also I'm approaching the end of Ch3 and from what I read I have to grind a lot more? Is there really nothing to prepare besides that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have no idea what that means! I'm just putting people to sleep and mashing level up

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

[quote="“THE AWESOME GHOST”" post="“479604237”"]
I’m really stuck on this lila fight. Am I really supposed to be fighting her with only 2 people in my party?
[/quote]

I’m level 30 using Rex and nia am I doing something wrong

I die extremely quickly without a tank

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 23, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Should I be using the beast code on Rex? Right now I have him with mythra, roc and the dark gun girl which feels like enough.

Am I supposed to make full attack/heal/tank setups on the characters? I was thinking of giving it to the fourth character when I unlock them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tae posted:

The "Don't give cores to Rex" thing is overblown. I'm like 60 hours into the game and I'm still not at that point where he gets a story healer option, let alone the Special Ability.

What's more useful is listing what free unique blades you get to plan ahead.

Rex eventually gets:
-Light DPS
-Wind DPS
-Late, late game a Water Healer

Five eventually gets:
-Water Tank

Available through sidequests:
-Earth Attacker
-Electric Healer
-Dark Tank
-Water Attacker (lancer)
-IceTank
-Water Attacker (Rifle)
-Electric Attacker

More importantly when can I get something on Rex that launches

Between pyra and the wind attacker he can topple and smash but i can never count on Nia to launch in time

Also I have Finch which I'll give to 4 as soon as I unlock her I think, if I can ever find this stupid rear end factory

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m using on the second tank party member as extra blades Percival and Finch. I also got Godfrey but on Rex, is it worth using my next overdrive on that?

I was excited because I thought Godfrey could launch but turns out there are multiple axe types

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

LMAO I'm sure they'll get inventories straightened out in the next Xenoblade game. Fourth time's a charm!

I think I like this game, but it's my first Xenoblade and I honestly don't think I'll be playing a second

Like as much as I like about the game there's so much dumb poo poo to dislike

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Anime is a bullshit descriptor as anime encompasses many genres.

Xenoblade is a generic shounen anime
  • Loads of filler that didn't need to be there
  • Power of friendship
  • Screaming attacks out whenever you do them, except in an anime this is like once an episode and in this game it's every 12s cooldown
  • ANCHOR SHOT
  • Mythra literally says "B-b-baaaka" then slaps you
  • ANCHOR SHOT
  • The end of chapters have you beat a bad guy, then the bad guy powers up then beats you back, then something else happens and you beat them back back
  • ANCHOR SHOT
  • Randomly get superpowers every once in a while when an arc is over
  • The robot is a maid
  • Master RexRex
  • The main character is an orphan
  • The main character is a 15 year old with like 5 years of work experience somehow
  • Child main character still gets a big titty gf who's clearly like, 22. Also she's naked
  • But it's ok because actually she's a 1000 year old demon angel

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

404notfound posted:

So I'm running with Rex, Nia, and Four with three-ATK, three-HLR, and three-TNK. It's effective, but rather bland... Without getting too gimmicky, what are some ways to mix it up? Has somebody tried running with ATK/HLR/TNK on every character?

I've seen people do:

ATK/ATK/HLR x 2
TNK/TNK/HLR

And insist it works. Not sure who the best person to control is in that case. Also I think this setup relies on having very specific healer blades.

I'm doing the same setup you are and sometimes it's fun and effective to control the tank. The AI doesn't realize how quickly they can chain arts together by switching blades though which is annoying - especially when Rex gets the chain arts together affinity you can blow through all 9 cooldowns really quick, or chain specials into the same blades special level 2 and stuff.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have been having a lot more fun when I switched to controlling the tank in my party. Is there a downside to Smashing with the tank instead of an attacker though?

Also what's a good healer setup for Nia? I am using Elektra Dromarch Floren because they all ended up on her, but I have Ursula and Nim on other characters

IcePhoenix posted:

There are at least two deeds that give you +10 capacity each for boosters. I don't remember which though, sorry.

Mor Ardain one of the shops gives +10 boosters. Figured it out because I kept salvaging there

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 7, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ajkalan posted:

These late game side quests are terrible. One has me doing a merc mission first (always a good sign), then hunting for a doctor, who has me traipsing through deadly poison to find three plants, requiring between 6-10 of botany and focus each. The second part has me doing pretty much the same thing in a different area, plus once in a different area, except this one switches botany for mineralogy because "gently caress you dig through the menus again" I guess. (Plus another merc mission.) Finally I get these things to the doctor, who needs help to do whatever the quest is about...requiring a third damned merc mission. I'm only doing this one because it was the least irritating of the quests still available; one wants me to give 100 rare collectibles to a nopon in a snow field and I only have two of each.

Yeah I keep hearing it described as an "offline MMO" But I cannot think of an MMO that shits on your free time this blatantly in the quests, it's almost mobile game in nature

Like I kept expecting something to pop up saying "Pay 100 Gems to pass skill check?"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

nessin posted:

I see the tradition of implementing lovely half-assed mini-games into RPGs is being kept alive in Xenoblades. How necessary is it to play Tiger Tiger and keep Poppi built up, or can Tora safely be taken out of the party early and not have to deal with the mini-game at all?

I dumped him instantly as soon as I got the other tank party member (Opens cores normally and starts with a pretty cool tank blade).

At first I was having fun playing Tiger Tiger and then I realized how long it actually takes to grind the poo poo to make him good and no thanks I'd rather tie the progression to like, playing the actual game Xenoblade 2

Tae posted:

Ike is absolutely returning in Smash. He's quite literally the most popular character in Fire Emblem, and he's like the only slow sword bruiser on the roster.

What how

The one thing I am excited about with Smash though is all the new interesting stuff they can put in from Switch games. I know that's not really Smash's style but between Xeno 2, Odyssey and BOTW the old entries should be getting a lot of new stuff, and Splatoon was not represented at all.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I fell asleep playing this game the other day (lol) but I did wake up to find out the unique monster I was fighting had died instead of me getting a game over, so that was nice at least.

The game gets a lot more fun if you get the ability that lets you chain specials into each other, and you switch to a new Blade right after. You can do like, Skill 1, 2, 3 > 4, 5, 6 > 7,8,9 extremely quickly for a lot of damage and in many cases driver combos.

Like I can with my tank do Break > Topple > Skills that get buffed by Topple > Aggro skills and damage skills while I wait for Launch > Smash which is cool.

I get the feeling every character should have 3 of the 4 break topple launch smash skills

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got some +50 luck weapons early on, used a {20% luck accessory and a +25 luck accessory on 4 then got Percival and a bunch of healers then overdrived over Finch and now I will never switch the blades on that character

Should I overdrive Ursula to Nia? Seems like a good idea

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

her really great schtick is the instant shot of healing you get when switching to her, so she's best on the character you plan on controlling personally imo

Ah cool, I will never control the healer in my life so I will not do that. I think she's on 4 right now which I control a lot so seems good if I want to try

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Inherited is a ether cannon so put her onto Five, good blade you can use in the ether cannon meme build. Lucky is an HP-based tank, so whoever your tank is, even though it'll probably only be temporarily useful. Spear user hunter onto Nia, it gives you a big bonus to your ether stat and Nia has a bunch of ether-based spear moves. Katana onto Four, one of the three best evasion tanks.

What are the other best ones

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

Poppi Mk.2 is by far the best on paper, but you can't make Tora into a dodge tank without lobotomizing the other two Poppis, so that's kind of cheating.

The story blade Brighid is off-the-charts good. She's basically immune to ranged attacks, gets a massive evasion boost at low HP, and has a high natural Block rate. Also, she's the only tank blade with access to Break. Most importantly, she gets a unique passive which gives her +10% damage stacking up to 250% every time she dodges--her damage output and aggro generation are unrivaled in longer fights. In her element, she's basically a tank with no weaknesses.

Newt is dumb dumb dumb. She gets the all-important Draw Aggro Blade Art, is almost immune to enemy Break/Topple/etc effects (!) and reduces enemy damage by 40% just by existing (!!). Unfortunately she's also a fire blade, which means you're probably never going to use her on either Rex or Four. I guess if your master plan involves main tank Five you're set, but c'mon.

Finch gets here as an afternote, since he has a unique niche. He's not actually very tanky and he has literally no bonus to aggro generation (except Draw Aggro), but he has a unique passive which resets enemy art cooldowns when he uses a special attack. Plus he's the only hammer tank which boosts evasion (which means he's Four's only real way to access Topple). It's not a great niche, but it is a niche, which is more than the really dreadful tanks (hi, Perceval!) can say.

Oops, I guess my 4 Story blade/Finch/Perceval setup isn't as good as I thought? Like you said Finch actually seems really good on her, but not as the blade I start the battle with. I thought Perceval was generally considered to be a really good fit on 4?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I remember the creator of Xenogears, when he started Xenosaga, saying that it was meant to be a 12 part series and that Xenogears was like, 5/12 or something.

So in my head XC2 is like, #10 in the series, and also it turns out that was a terrible idea

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Spite posted:

Ok, how fast can you stick 8 orbs?

Use Rex/Tank/Any

Stick 3 orb master on the last (Any) member.

Mythra with high crit weapon, heal on crit. Fast blade switch.

Light -> Elec -> Fire
Ice -> Water -> Wind
Dark -> Dark -> Earth

I've gotten it on Cloud Sea King Ken fast enough that a chain attack still leaves a sliver of life left.

And I still don't have Zenobia. loving game.

In hundreds of cores I've never seen Orb Master

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Isn’t Sheba on Rex weaker because he prefers str? Also I have some ether cannons on him and the move set is eh

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

They should've just made them Pokemon

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It’s a fighting game term

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

This chapter 7 dungeon is alright but it seems like it would be annoying as poo poo if I weren't so overleveled that nothing wants to fight me.

People said that about the Chapter 4 dungeon, and I agreed, but the problem is it keeps happening in later dungeons too

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Belgian Waffle posted:

I'll be honest, her accent threw me harder than her "costume."
It felt more out of place in the game than being a boob-monster.

Osakan dialect in Japan = Southern accent in English Dub

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm actually surprised that usual equivalence made it through into XC2, considering it was dubbed in the UK.

Did they like, dub all the blades somewhere else

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Natural 20 posted:

Is there any way to stop everyone screaming attack names? Like I use 4 over Tora because she's just quieter.

As an aside, 4 managed to draw evil dark samurai and frost justice man as her two tank blades? Worthwhile on her or should I aim to pull more stuff? I think I'm about to get 5 soon.

Someone mentioned earlier that Evil Dark Samurai is actually not good on her (I initially thought it would be)

Personally I use Evil Dark Samurai anyway because he has smash. So between her default blade and one with topple, she can do everything but Launch. I tend to control her as well.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think in their current incarnations FF15 is better but to be fair they had a solid 18 months to patch stuff in

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thurin posted:

Discounting anything added in the NG+ the rare dark blades are Azami, Vale, Perceval, Kasandra, Poppi w/Dark Core
Best non-tank option on that list is probably Azami for one of the characters with good cannon moves, I guess?
For a healer you could theoretically roll a 4star chakram or ball dark guy with useful skills (orb master or slamdown 5, maybe other stuff) and that would do you nicely.

Slamdown, if it works the way as Dahlia's ability Spotlight, doesn't just damage nearby orbs, it damages them to the same degree as the one you hit, (which is probably opposite element to the one you're using if you have all 8 orbs up. That means you can full burst on round 2 of a chain attack more often than not, which adds a bunch of extra multiplier.

Also FYI: Rex has terrible cannon moveset

I knew there was a reason I had Perceval on the tank though. It seems really difficult to get Dark coverage

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

The game doesn't have too many items. The problem is that the inventory system is a pile of hot garbage

That combined with like, here's a billion AUX cores, they need random garbage you pick up to unlock, and then you have to equip them to each and every blade you have and keep them updated. also here's some stuff that you equip to your characters but it expires so you need piles of it, but you can only carry 10 so you'll need piles of different things to swap between. Here's your weapons, also btw you can only equip them but not unequip them because they just disappear. Also they're unique to each blade, like the aux cores so make sure to buy 9 of each. Oh did we mention the blades come from randomly generated items? Have fun leveling each one's skill tree and weapons independently. Oh you thought I meant weapon chips? No, I also mean weapon skills. I hope you remember to spend your WP (Weapon Points) on Weapon Skills. No there's also a skill tree, that's separate from WS. Noooo not the blade skill tree your character skill tree keep up it uses a different set of Points. Anyway, you can't finish this sidequest because you only have 7 levels of Recognizing The Names Of Different Plants and you need 8. It's ok just look through your entire blade inventory to see if any of them have it on their skill tree. No there's no sort function lol that's not any fun. Anyway, this one garbage blade you unlocked 10 hours ago looks to have the skill you need, go send him on Mercenary missions until he gets it. Oh yeah just leave your console on and check back on it once an hour. Oops it's on the wrong guy, you could use this Overdrive item but you only get like 4 in the entire game so you used them all already

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harrow posted:

Rex is a pretty good healer with the mid-Chapter 7 story blade, huh? Nia's blade form kicks a lot of rear end. I just wish I had another good healing blade to put on him, but I guess that can wait.

I think I still probably prefer using Nia as a Driver, but running Rex, Morag, and Zeke with Nia as a blade is pretty fun for now.

I saw some people eventually having luck with a party that is like:

Rex: ATK/ATK/HLR (the one you mentioned, who's the best in the game I guess)
5: ATK/ATK/HLR
4: TNK/TNK/HLR

Sounds cool but also a massive pain in the rear end to reorganize everything

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harrow posted:

She’s an incredible evasion tank. I find her to be a much better tank than Tora with her default blade and a couple of katanas. Give her as much Agility as possible and enjoy. She even gets a smash art on katana.

Yeah I sometimes control her and she has break topple and smash for me

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Guys I’m starting to think xenoblade series as a whole is not very good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

I think Mythra is okay, but Pyra's design doesn't fit her character at all.

Ya she's like, FFX Yuna and Mythra is FFX-2 Yuna but they're dressed the same, so there's no big shock of "actually, my rear end is fully out now, god is dead"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Huh I really stalled on this game around CH 7 and that code is at least an excuse for me to boot it up again and see what I get.

If I remember correctly my loadout was pretty good on Rex, Nia and tank girl. I had nothing of worth on the last party member. Would it be good to open stuff on him? It looks like eventually 2 attackers become an accepted build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

The not sure about Torna, but Xenoblade 2 sold more in the United States than in Japan. It's crazy how much more popular Xenoblade 2 is compared to the other games. Nintendo really shows what having confidence and investing in your franchises does.

I wonder how much of that was coming out in the launch year that had a relatively slow release schedule (Huge, amazing games but months apart).

These days it feels like a high budget JRPG comes out every month, I dunno that XC2 would have done as well as it did if it came out after Valkyria Chronicles 4, Ys, Pokemon, World Ends With You, Every FF game in existence, etc. etc.