Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm enjoying this game immensely and slooooowly getting a handle on all the mechanics and stuff. What I'm having trouble with is Poppi.

I just got to Ch 5, Tora has his second Blade and her primary element is redundant. I have more than enough fire dudes running around. I got the brilliant idea to play a bunch of Tiger Tiger to get the Ether to change second Blade's element, since hey that's a thing you can do, right? Game tells me I need a Technical Manual to do it. I have no idea what that is nor where to get one.

I also had some trouble modding an Art for her. Poppi a has an ability that absorbs a certain amount of damage. I got another copy of that and thought I would give it to QT, but the game "helpfully" informed me that art "can't be used in this mode." Ok so I figured maybe she needs a Tank mod? I made one and nope, game won't let me apply that either.

Basically how do I Poppi?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Momomo posted:

Also, I have no idea how anyone could change the voices to Japanese. Nia alone completely justifies this English dub, and I can't imagine what she would sound like with any other voice.

Yeah I feel the same. Nia is just great. She's my favorite. I love Rex's goofy Scottish(?) accent, and I love that the folks with American accents are all bad guys.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you're underestimating how bad I am at doing this.

Like I legitimately have no idea how people even get the all crystals medal. I watched a video of someone that did it it and I swear he's moving faster than I can and I don't know why.

I feel you, man. I didn't even know you get more points for taking no damage for collecting all the gems! Just to test, I did some runs of the first level paying attention to that stuff and... yeah I have no freaking idea how people get all the gems! I can get through it without taking any damage, and collecting all the treasure, but the gems?! Hell naw. That is just straight up beyond me. I at least got the Affinity award for 20k score, so that's something? Tiger Tiger easy mode can't come soon enough.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I'm on Chapter 8 and the story is getting so stupid and I love it. I'm also torn about using Nia as a Blade or a Driver. She charges Rex's arts super fast as a Blade and fires off specials like nobody's business, but then I can't ride around on Dromarch anymore. A quandary.

General question. I haven't found any Overdrive things since like... Chapter 5? I thought there'd be one in each chapter, but I'm damned if I found one in 6 or 7. It'd be nice to be able to swap a few Blades around, though I guess that's less necessary now that Rex picked up his Bullshit JRPG Protagonist Power. Can anybody tell me where to find more?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I asked the same thing like 80 times. Gotta go to the Gates of Ulcaria skip travel spot. There will be a place nearby you can use ice mastery to make a bridge to another island that if you climb all the way to the top you get a secret location and the Airborne Throne skip travel spot. On that island is an ice ramp that if you slide down will launch you to the island with the quest (It's quest is to go to Airborne Throne).

Thanks for this. I noticed that sidequest thingy way out and wondered how to get to it, but hadn't gotten around to actually hunting for a way up there.

Where is the necessary Skip Travel point? Is it up that tower in the northeast of the lower area with all the high-level Tirkins running around? Or do you get there from somewhere else?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Also speaking of Poppi, where in the world can I find a Technical Manual? Apparently I need one to change Poppi's element, and I haven't run across a single one.

I don't like the way the game handles Poppi. Tora's whole thing is that he only gets 3 Blades ever but don't worry you can customize them! Why, then, did they make it so difficult to do that?!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

IME missions take longer than otherwise if I know exactly where I'm going and what I need to kill. For the kill X enemy nodes, anyway

Also, for the merc missions, they need a better way of finding mercenaries that fit the requirements and bonuses of the mission. I don't want to sort through all my blades for someone with Entomology 3.

For me it's the opposite. I rarely know where the Red-Striped Krabble or whatever the gently caress thing is found. I could look it up, but my computer is all the way over there and I'm comfy on the couch. So between wandering around an area until I find the right enemy and just sending the Blade on a random 30-minute Merc Mission, I'll take the Merc Mission.

Speaking of such things, I finally got my first unique Blade in awhile! It's Ursula! Folks here have been talking about her quite a bit, and now I have her!

She's on Five, because I've been having that character open all the Rare Cores in the hopes that Zenobia or whatever her name is pops up on the correct character. I really wish, if the devs had insisted on keeping the random gacha system for unique Blades, then at least they'd have made it easy to transfer Blades between characters! Getting a rare Blade on the wrong character just takes all the fun out of the experience and I haven't seen an Overdrive Thingy in like 3 chapters.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

LordVorbis posted:

Does this game deliberately take a spike in difficulty around level 20? I've just had Vandham join me so I benched Tora for a bit. Tried putting a 2 star tank on Rex and just get chain bodied. Is it basically telling me, YOU NEED THE TRINITY FOOL and its pointless using the new guy for a bit, as I can't give him tank blades either.

When I got to that point, I benched Rex and controlled Buff Dad for awhile. Buff Dad is fun to control and it's fun to be someone besides Rex for a change. Give that a shot.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I've got a question too, while I'm at it. I realize that Chain Attacks are your end game main source of damage. How do you keep Elemental Bursts going when you start stacking more than 3 or so orbs on a thing?

Hitting a weakness gives 2 hits of the requisite 3 to break an orb. The next character won't necessarily target that same orb, and in fact they usually don't. I found an accessory that makes you automatically target a damaged orb if you're not hitting a weakness, but that depends on party order for one, and that's a hell of an opportunity cost spending an accessory slot for that! Accessory slots are valuable!

So how do ya'll get your Elemental Bursts?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

edit: By the way, as an example of another somewhat "lost in translation" name, Malos' Japanese name, "Metsu," means something like "destruction." I guess "Malos" sorta has negative connotations, what with the "Mal", but it isn't quite as clear.

It sounds like malice, dude.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Not the "bad guy" part, but the fact that his name makes it very clear that he specifically represents that general concept. Like, he's a dude whose driving motivation is destroying everything, named "destruction." That isn't quite the same thing as just having an obviously negative connotation.

I was reading it like "malOHs." Either way, that's still not the same thing as his name literally being his driving motivation and end goal. I guess the difference I'm getting at is that, rather than just having some connotation, the names are very literal. Like, (minor spoiler related to later character introduced in chapter 3)Mythra's name is literally "light" in the Japanese, rather than something that kinda-sorta has connotations related to that (the connection between Pyra and fire is more clear, at least, but it's still just a connotation).

So you would prefer their names to literally be Destruction and Light? No. That would be super dumb.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Jesus Christ, chill out, I literally made no judgement on either name being better or worse. I just thought it was interesting that one has a different general meaning and is more explicit.

OK from the way you worded your initial statement it sounded like you thought the Japanese names were better because subtlety is bad(?) or something.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I've been gunning hard trying to get Zenobia on Five because I read that combo is supposed to be busted good? Got a different DPS blade on them just now- my first rare Blade of Ch 9 in fact: Kos-mos!

She looks nifty? I know nothing about the game she's from but she looks fun and she's one of only three(?) Light Blades you can get in the entire game so I'm happy about that. Now I just need Zenobia to come home...

Pollyanna posted:

Why is Floren's line when you feed him Snow Dumplings so hilarious? And what's an easier way of building trust than forcefeeding your Blades?

I went aaaaaages after summoning Floren thinking he's a girl... until I was selecting Blades for a merc mission that required male Blades and hovering over Floren added one to the counter. Oookay. He's still super cute, but NPCs invariably call him a girl.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tae posted:

Blades themselves become less important outside of ones with Orb Master. The mechanics of timing invincibility is far more important honestly.

Floren is a boy pretending to be a girl to get favors and free stuff. You even see it in his intro. That's his gimmick.

I got from his intro that he's manipulative and uses his cute looks to get what he wants. I didn't pick up anything from his intro to suggest that he pretends to be a girl.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Time for a stupid question. I'm doing Ursula's Infinite Merc Mission grind and I've hit a snag.

I'm supposed to get Vocal/Looks/Soul up to lv 4, yet the Merc Missions only go up to 2. I've tried doing the second one a couple more times and I've gotten the levels all up to 3, but I'm up to like 8 badges of each and they're not increasing anymore. What am I doing wrong?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

You have to get like 35 of each. Basically, it's nothing but repeating the previous number endlessly until the next number appears.

That's dumb as hell. Why bother telling you vocal "levels" at all if they're not going to bother telling you how many whatever to the next level? Just tell me how many tickets I need or whatever!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Xenoblade is a generic shounen anime

Maybe it's a good thing I haven't seen much anime, because I find the story hilarious in its over-the-top stupidity.

I could do without the godawful outfits for 99% of the female cast, though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Switch the voices over to Japanese. I made a post about it in the JRPG thread but XBC2 has the second-worst English dubbing I've ever seen in a video game with an actual budget. Arc Rise Fantasia is first place but even with the unforgivable voice acting I'm still torn if XBC2 is actually worse. I don't speak Japanese or anything but the English dub made so many terrible changes that even I can identify that my mind is loving blown. For example, the forced "meh" Nopon thing? Doesn't happen in Japanese. "Rex-Rex" is just aniki, and I'm pretty sure all the dumb titles like biggipon are very exaggerated changes to Nopon using different age honorifics. Also, they changed a million names for some reason. Hikari to Mythra, Hana to Poppi (and HanaJM (Justice Maid) to PoppiQT), Suzaku to Roc, you get the idea. Why? Worried the names might be too Japanese in a literal shonen anime? Also, they added in Rex's classic "Titan's Foot!" catchphrase when in Japanese, what he actually says is *upset sound effect*. Also the voice casting itself is poor, I heard Vandam's English VA and holy poo poo it's dumb, meanwhile he and everyone else in the game sounds exactly like you would expect them to sound in Japanese. The direction of the VA is bad, where you had tons of examples of actors giving lines that have the wrong tone or inflection given the situation, like casual conversation lines while sword-locked with a bad guy. Also, cherry on top, Tora sounds totally tolerable in Japanese.

No, because then I'd lose Welsh Nia and every female character would sound like a 6-year-old on helium.

Also I have no idea what Hikari and Suzaku mean so I'd prefer them localize them into something most people would actually understand. Poppi is a flower and so are Lila and Rosa. It's thematic without calling attention to the dumb creepy maid aesthetic they have going on.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I know Ursula's reliance on Merc missions to unlock her affinity levels is basically unacceptable but on a positive note, her merc missions have the highest time to merc points ratio by a mile

Oh yeah. I'm using them to grind up affinity on my unused unique Blades and my two 4* rando Blades so I can get me some Overdrives. It's just a shame I can never actually USE Ursula (as she's constantly running Merc Missions) because she's really cute. I haven't even used her in battle yet.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If Rex already has Gorg, should I give Praxis to 5th? And Vess should go on Nia right

Yep, that's a good plan! You can also give Wulfric (Beastly Core Crystal) to Five, if you haven't given him to any one else. If you have, no biggie.

In general, Rex gets plenty of unique Blades through the story that you don't have to go out of your way to get him any more.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I, too, just finished the Affinity chart on a 4* Blade and got a nice shiny Overdrive Core! Nia and Boreas get to be buddies now.

I have one more 4* Blade and then... I dunno.

I also started farming some Core Crystals with that Vampire unique monster in Uraya. Thanks a bunch for the tips about her! I got a bunch of Rare cores and even a Legendary. One of them even yielded a Unique Blade! It's Agate. She's on Five because I've been shoving all the core crystals at him in the hopes that Zenobia will come home. No dice yet. But at least Agate is a DPS Blade who is on a DPS character?

What's the best way to get Boosters? I've been using the wind-element increasing Boosters in a vain attempt to maybe tip the odds in favor of Zenobia showing up. Unless it doesn't matter and I'm wasting my time...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tae posted:

Salvage. They're things you get beyond the 38k monies.

Ah yes, Salvaging. Any particular spot?

And you know while I'm here... there's a food item I need for Gorg's Affinity quest. It's a buyable (presumably) beverage: Armu Milk Earl Gray. Some casual Googling said the cafe in Indol should sell that but.. I'm already past the point where that's not an option anymore. Did the Indol cafe, and the other shops, move somewhere else?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ursula's missions are really good for grinding out Blade abilities, yeah. I just wish I had pulled her before the rear end-end of the game!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

I got a 4* bitball blade with 5/5 Orb Mastery and Slamdown last night, that's good right.

Still no Zenobia though

Sup fellow non-Zenobia haver! I got yet another rare Blade in my quest for her: Agate! She's cute anyway...

I've been shoving all the wind-Boosters I've gotten my hands on down Zeke's throat and she still hasn't shown up. Bah. I want to see what the fuss is about!

Regarding Boosters, folks mentioned a way to get more is through Salvaging. What's the method for that, exactly? My usual Salvaging spot, the Mor Ardain docks, didn't get my any Boosters. Is there a particular kind of Cylinder or whatever that gives Boosters?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tae posted:

Boosters are from trading in the items. Do you not notice occasional "can't carry any more" when you're getting thousands of monies?

I have not quite gotten the hang of the trading for treasures thing. What I was doing was Salvaging in the Mor Ardain docks and then selling the treasures in whatever region I wanted to build up Development with. I poked around and it seemed to me that the treasure sets are particular to each region, and probably can only be salvaged in that region? If that's not the case then I am a dumb rear end.

IcePhoenix posted:

Agate is great and her quest is really good (just use a guide so you don't go insane). Early in her quest you find out she's terrified of bugs and I noticed when using her that she reacts appropriately when you fight them in the world as well

Yeah, she's good. I'm doing her quest now, because I like Blade quests. I just wish Zenobia would come home.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tae posted:

Oh christ, no you don't sell the parts individually. You go to the guy with the Scale over his head and you trade in specific parts. Farming with gold cylinders give you items and like 38k each time. Like easily 500k in 20 minutes.

Oh... Yeah I figured that's how it worked but I could rarely get very many of the sets so I would just sell whatever I couldn't make a set of.

Zoran posted:

The way to build up development in a given region is to salvage and turn in sets in that same region. Or just do it in one region, because once you get one to five stars you can buy gold cylinders there for the same amount as their sell price. And selling raises dev points anywhere, so you can get Mor Ardain to 5 stars, then buy 99 gold cylinders, sell them elsewhere, and repeat to cheese it.

I didn't think of doing this either. In fact I have two regions at 5*!

Anyway, that's helpful, thanks everyone!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Somebody sell me on having Ursula on Nia. I've been preferentially giving her Bitball healers because they have that nice full-party heal in addition to the potion-spawning skill. Ursula, and other claw healers, don't seem to have the full-party heal on anyone. What am I missing? For reference my Ursula has all but the outermost ring of her affinity unlocked.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

5er posted:

Is there a person we can directly deride, for whoever decided to leave Myrmidon Eugene where he was? It's not even that he has launchers that will fling your rear end over the edge of the narrow catwalk you have to fight him on; your own stupid loving AI party members will just walk off the god drat edge on their own because they're fuckin stupid. You can't lure him to a safer place to fight because either he'll de-aggro and vanish back to his spawn point before you get there, or your own dumbfuck AI will keep falling off the edge and killing themselves. Or, a lv. 84 pterodactyl patrolling the area will aggro on you.
"Come back when you can fight the pterodactyl" seems like a poor notion, considering Eugene is 33, and would no longer have any progression benefits to fight apart from ticking a check off a list.

I had a similar situation while doing the last Mercenery quest. One part has you confront a dude on the rooftops of Torigoth, on a narrow catwalk. The dude has a Blowdown attack, because of loving COURSE he does. Took me three attempts to beat him. Not because he killed me, no, I was 20 levels higher than him by that point. Even knocking me off the roof didn't kill me. The problem was once I fell down, the encounter ended, and he was back to full health by the time I made it back to where he was. Such a well-designed encounter!

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

If you don't mind the change in class, Ursula seems to fit better on Rex or Zeke as a supplemental healer.

She's on Zeke right now, so she can easily be on Rex either if need be. If she's fine where she is I will leave her there. I'm out of Overdrives anyway.

bizarre deformity posted:

Max affinity gives your whole team an HP barrier

Lv 2 special heals the whole party

I think she has another full party heal passive ability? I don't have my Switch with me.

Also she gets a launch art with fists, and a large AOE art that spawns HP potions. Good stuff.

Got it. Sounds fun. I should pay more attention to what the Blade's specials and passives do. I was focusing on the arts because that's an active thing I can do. I did notice that KOSMOS has a special that heals the entire party for a good chunk of HP. That's fun!

I could make Rex a pretty decent healer with Ursula and Nia. The only problem is I prefer controlling Nia. She's fun and cool and like her. Rex is great and all but he's kinda too good? He's so busted it's boring. I'm at the Final Chapter right now and I don't even have Rex in my active party at the moment, partially out of spite.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I beat the game. It was a wild, and very stupid, ride. I loved it. I shelled out for the expansion, too. Here's hoping the added stuff will be good. Like a lot of folks had mentioned, I'd love a New Game+ where you can keep all the unique Blades you got.

Looking at the list of unique Blades in the credits, looks like the only ones I don't have are Newt, Dagas, Dahlia, and Zenobia. That's not bad, I suppose.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It took me a while to get the gist of it but each character has a different skillset for each weapon and blades don't impact what the skills do at all. I thought when it showed me the roles of blades in conjunction with their weapon, I'd eventually see ATK bitballs or something, but no, bitballs are always for healers because every character's move pool has a healing skill in it. Katanas always have aggro-boosting moves because all katana blades are tanks. Because of this, the only difference between two spear users is their element and what their specials/passives are, so those are generally the things that make or break a blade.

Kind of a disappointing system imo because I would have loved to see offensive bitball blades or healing axes

Oh yeah, I got that. Nia has the same arts on knuckles no matter what Blade she has equipped, and such. So I had kind of ignored punch-claw healers because they don't have a dedicated healing art other than the potion-spawning one. In the case of Ursula though, I guess she doesn't need one. I'll have to fiddle with it some more. Ursula is cute and I'd love to use her and Nia could use an Ice Blade.

Edit: Oh, and somebody was wondering about a sidequest to help out Cole? I just found it. It might unlock once you beat the game?

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 7, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

One last thing, I promise. What's the quickest way to gain Affinity? I've got a couple Blades that just need a bunch of Affinity to unlock their last node and it seems to take forever to tick up.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Duckula posted:

I just drew Ursula at 120 hours in game time on Chapter 9.

Same thing happened to me, friend. She's really cute but it's like, the game is almost over!

emoji posted:

Buy 40 of everything in Leftheria of whatever category is not favorite to avoid the dialog, and just keep hitting A. That should be about 3k trust every 7-8 mins or so. I went from 0-9800 in under 30 mins while reading, only restocking when a character was like Mmm Delicious.

Sounds boring but I guess less boring than gaining Affinity through fighting or Merc Missions. Thanks!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tae posted:

The entire system is built around swapping blades, I don't know what to tell you. Like, the fastest way to do fusion combos is chaining like 6-9 arts in a row off one attack. And Rex specifically has a niche of building the fastest special because switching between Mythra and Pyra for free counts towards the meter.

That reminds me. What is a Fusion Combo? I see accessories and Aux Cores and junk that do stuff to Fusion Combos, but I don't know what they are. There might have been a tutorial like 100 hours ago that explained it, but I've forgotten and there's no way to review tutorials. (Who's hair-brained idea was that anyway?!)

Second question, I saw mentioned ages ago that there was a repeatable Merc Mission that gave useful loot for the end-game. I don't remember the nature of this loot, just that you get it from a repetable Merc Mission. Does anybody have an idea of what that is? I'm in the end-game now so I should have access to whatever it is. I'm at the point where I don't need to grind Merc Missions for Roc anymore, so I have freedom to do whatever with the Mercs.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

OK I figured out where I was going wrong with Salvaging for Mad Cash Moneys.

The treasure trader doesn't even show a trade as being available if you're maxed out on the Booster it offers. So after offloading some extra Boosters, suddenly I went from making about 30k gold profit per run to 500k. Yeah, KIND OF a big difference there!

Still wondering what that repeatable Merc Mission is that gives you useful loot. I had a look through my available Merc Missions and none of the repeatable ones I have give any loot at all, just the usual EXP and Merc Points.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Taear posted:

Wait, what?
I see them there, but if I try and give it in it just tells me I'm full.

Sorry I meant "available" as in "You can trade for this." It's on the list but it's grayed out if you're full up on Boosters, even if you have all the treasure necessary for the trade.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I'm level 80, so I tried the strat posted a couple pages ago to beat up Cloud Sea King Whatshisname for Cores and profit and HOLY drat is it fun to go HULK SMASH a giant octopus into the ground over and over and over!

The return of about 15 Rare Cores and 8 Legendaries was not an exaggeration. That's about my average. Of course I've beaten the bastard like three times and I haven't gotten a single unique Blade from all those Cores, but hey! I did get like 4 4* Blades out of it, so that's something. But seriously, please come home, Zenobia.

I also got some got some Moon Something Chips, which boost crit rate like whoa. Did I get those from the Cloud Sea King? I am not very observant... I would like more of those Chips. They are good. I have them on all four story Atk Blades so far. For the tanks, Gold Chips seem better, as they boost block rate. Haven't decided what kind of Chip is best on healers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

I didn't know what was in the Beast Core so I used it on Nia

Same, my dude. Wulfric is still a cool dude and useful for those annoying Superstrength and Earth Mastery checks. Also his Heart to Heart and Affinity quest are both great. When I get another Overdrive he is totally getting moved to Five, though.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

it's a waste to spend time on Tiger Tiger anyway when you can just focus on making the 4th and 5th characters tanky instead. in the long run they will be more useful than Tora, who literally only has "monster HP pool and like 60% blockrate" as his pro, and doesn't even get a 3rd blade until like 80 percent through the game. Even if you torture yourself with Tiger Tiger grinding there's still no guarantee that you'll own the Tech Manuals to actually put all that poo poo to optimal use. The entire process to make Tora more than a brick wall is hosed. It was a cool idea on paper to have this alternative Blade but like a few other things in this game, the execution is godawful.

I agree with whoever suggested ages ago that Poppi upgrading should have been done through Salvaging. Salvaging is quick and fairly interesting. Salvaging gives you mad cash monies. Salvaging is also required for many other sidequests and also for story progression a time or two. Whereas Tiger Tiger is ONLY used to upgrade Poppi. That's not a good system. Even on easy mode, the levels are too hard to get a good result on and the drop rates for the exclusive prizes are too low. I like the idea behind Poppi and heck I even like her character a great deal! But the execution is just terrible. She requires way too much time investment to bring her to her full potential, which is a Blade that can be customized to do pretty much anything you want. That's a really cool idea and I like it!

Also I agree that Nia is cool and my friend. She's my favorite character.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

If you max out a "junk" blade's affinity chart you get an item(s) that can be used to increase a character's WP on a weapon by 1000, 2500, or 5000

e: also I'm not gonna quote that wall (because as people are pointing out most of it is Wrong ) but they change the character names because nobody who doesn't speak Japanese would know what the gently caress "Homura" means. Please apply said logic to all character names.

Yeah, for real. You know what Homura sounds like to me? Lobster. It sounds like lobster. I doubt that's what they were going for.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I'm curious. How many successful runs of level 5 did you make in those 2ish hours, would you say? Because my problem is I suck at Tiger Tiger. I suck so bad that I can't clear stage 5 with any kind of consistency. I had a few goes of it today while I was waiting for Merc Mission to finish, and I didn't clear the level even once, in around 5 attempts. Yes, this was on easy mode. I made it to the bottom and died. Every time.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

95% or so of them were successful I guess? I had the occasional death where I just got out of sync, or a red shark managed to reach me at which point you're hosed because getting range on them is awful and you're generally screwed if they aren't almost dead. This run was also after I'd messed around with stage 5 a handful of times over previous days and eventually learned the stage's potential layouts.

I also only hit the bonus room once or twice because I didn't look up its location until later on, which cost me a lot of free ether. Its when you see 3 sea urchins, with the first two just off the edge of the screen and the third is against the edge and touching a solid object under it.

IIRC, the only reason to run stage 5 is for Master mods and the Light Core. Other stages are supposed to be better for ether farming. Stage 2 seems really popular for it because it's easy as hell and the bonus room shows up often.

Uh, bonus room? What bonus room? Nobody told me about bonus rooms!

But yeah that's exactly why I would be running stage 5: for the prizes you can only get there. For everything else, screw it I'll play the easier levels I can actually complete.... which is not stage 5. I can get to the end maybe one in every 5 tries. Maybe I ought to just forget about it and rely on Four for my tanking needs...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Speaking of stuff found up high in Argentum, there's a locked door at the very tippy top of the place. I even have a sidequest to go check it out. Where is the key to the door?

I don't know why I bother with all these Lockpicking Blades if I still need to hunt down a stupid key to unlock a door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

You get that from another quest. I think it's the Nopon Murals one in Garfont?

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, it's that one. You need to pass various skill tests to access them so hopefully you've been using your cores.

Oh boy have I ever... I have plenty of cannon fodder to throw at skill checks. No worries. Guess I should go finish that quest.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Poppi is the only one who gets Crit Restore aux cores which you can just make from ether crystals, if you want crit restore on another character you need an Avant Garde Medal which is a drop from a unique monster you have access to in Chapter 8

I have a couple of those as well, but I forgot where I got them. Rex and Five already have one. Question, should I be going for crit(heal) on healers, or block rate?