Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
There is also this Character trailer here that reveals a bit more story stuff. Cavet Emptor if you are particularly spoileraphopic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygax_f4e5a8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Xeno-games have always been varying degrees of anime. Xenoblade 1 merely hid it under character designs that were atypical for the series.

I think I am probably the only one who likes it, but I hope XC2 has the stupidly big character relationship chart. I loved it in 1 and in X

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 22, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The English voices in the other trailer left me cold and ready to turn on the Japanese voices, but this trailer makes me feel a bit better about them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

They got compared a lot because they came out within like a week of each other and the combat is kinda similar (bow/melee) :shrug:

All I remember personally is that after playing it for a couple hours all I wanted to do was play Horizon instead (which I did!)

My dumb opinion that no one asked for Unpopular Opinion: I prefer BOTW bow combat to Horizons purely because it had Gyro aiming.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ice Fist posted:

Hot take: Both games are really loving good.

Get the gently caress out of here with your level headed takes!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I hope she can spark new techs.

XC2 actually a stealth SaGa game, confirmed.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So Blades are gathered through a Gatcha? Granted, apparently Blade Crystals can be found or bought and we haven't heard anything about microtransactions for this, so I am presuming there won't be anything evil.

Hopefully the game is balanced around the Gatcha, and you won't be hosed if you were unlucky with which blades you got.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

CuddlyZombie posted:

What? Do you mean an in-game gacha? Like you said, I've heard ZERO mention of anything approaching microtransactions, so I feel like you must be mistaken.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/story/

Scroll to the bottom

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
^^^^^^ I meant to say that you could buy them in game with in game gold, earlier. Sorry, I was trying not to sound alarmist :v: .

I do not doubt that it is entirely in game. I was just surprised, and a bit amused given recent events.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ciaphas posted:

Just seems like a hook for them to add buying better odds with real money, to me. I hope I'm just being pessimistic

That would involve Nintendo getting with the times. I am not too worried.

EDIT: Annnd I just remembered Fire Emblem Fates and the new Animal Crossing.

Still, absolutely no one has mentioned any sort of hook for real money transactions, and I do not see the point in being clandestine about it, especially given the recent loot box fiascos.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 30, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zore posted:

oh good another goddamn slapfight about 'anime'. that always ends really well and has lots of great discussion.

This, basically

Well, at least the game sounds good, or is at least a beautiful mess.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 30, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
ImpAtom, how is the combat this time around? It actually looks fun to me this time around, and not as much as a clusterfuck as X was, even though I enjoyed that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel like the only person who generally likes the designs, even for Rex (BITCH I PLAYED KINGDOM HEARTS DO NOT COME AT ME ABOUT DUMB PANTS)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's pretty solid. I actually like the cooldown system though I can see it bothering people. It feels a bit better balanced to me than Xenoblade 1, especially with you having the option to not spend sidequest EXP so you can control your leveling curve better. It's certainly more cohesive than X. However it is less cohesive and structured than Xenoblade 1 with less distinctive characters. Overall I liked it and had fun with it, but I also tried to keep my levels low and I freely admit that there were a whole shitload of mechanics I only half-understood because Xenoblade 2 is terrible about teaching you.

Oh right, I heard about this in previews and elsewhere that for whatever dumb reason, there is no way to access tutorial screens after you initially get them.

I am hoping that they fix that in the prerelease patch or whatever, but I will try to remember to use the screenshot button.

Also, sidequest experience being spendable sounds really cool as someone who spent their time doing all the sidequests the could in 1 and X.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think those people may be fixating on things like “10 hours of not particularly helpful tutorials that you cannot even review” than “Injects anime into your eyes”.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Willias posted:

I'm hearing different things from different reviewers on that. I know Kotaku and Gamespot complained about it, but I'm not sure the IGN review did, and it didn't seem to be an issue for a few other dudes that reviewed the game on Youtube.

As said before, different people have different preferences. I don’t think it is a deal breaker myself but I can understand why people may be annoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some of these enemies are really annoying to fight. Like the wolves that keep summoning adds and that drat level 89 ape that seems to want to join in every fight.