Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Fresh into chapter 6 tying off some side quests before I get balls deep into what I can only assume will be a half hour of cutscenes and plot. I'm doing Azami's side quest to unlock her chart and the step I'm on requires Botany lv.6 which is, frankly, absurd for this point in the game. I guess they really really didn't want you getting rare blades too early in the game.

Is it normal to not use Morag at all because Tora seems like the way better tank option?

Why is the AI so terrible about picking up goddamn potions sometimes? It's bad enough that's how you heal primarily as it is.

Also what the gently caress is with 95% of the names in this game getting the 4kids anime localization? Seems like a lot of effort to rename basically every blade and most of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Silver Falcon posted:

Good. I hate Tiger Tiger and I'm terrible at it and Zeke is my favorite character apart from Nia.

Is there literally any other way to improve the Poppi series besides a terrible minigame? Anything at all? I can feel myself tense up uncontrollably when trying to do perfect runs for parts and crystals.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Yinlock posted:

if you haven't done it set the difficulty to Easy, it doesn't affect the parts/crystals you get and walls not hurting you takes a ton of the stress off

Oh goddamn it why does normal mode even exist then?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Barudak posted:

Because its what the game launched with before they went back and unfucked that minigame slightly.

Okay that makes much more sense.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Shadowlyger posted:

One time.

Every other miasma you ever encounter uses different skills, despite literally being called miasma.

Speaking of, what's behind all the miasmas I keep finding that need like, 6 dark mastery and ancient wisdom? Superbosses?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also every Xeno game needs to have Vanderkaum/Vangare/Vandham, so they had to slot him in somewhere.

And much like Vanderkaum he died a bitch death at the hands of someone exponentially more powerful.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Reality Loser posted:

Poppi loses her other modes and technical manuals in NG+ :mad:

Do you keep her upgrades and modules?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Chapter 8 holy gently caress being stranded with no real healing options against all those zombie things sucks rear end. especially the ones designed to literally knock you on your rear end inside a horse of them if you try to run past. What a god awful section of game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

IcePhoenix posted:

Do you not have any you can equip? Like, literally zero healing blades, including common blades? You do know that Rex can equip any blade regardless of who they're bonded to now right?

Sorry the past tense wasn't more obvious but that's basically what I had to do. But having literally no levels in any healing weapon arts made a very rough go of it. It's still a massively dick move to have the enemies grouped as they are.

Also FFXV sucks rear end compared to this.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Thurin posted:

Can someone give me a checklist of easy stuff to do before NG+?
I'm going to take care of some of the side quests I have going and leave some of the ones I've barely started. I haven't killed any of the superbosses, I was going to save those until NG+.
I assume I'm going to have to rush through most of the story to get a full party (and most of my blades) back?

I'm also curious about this because I'm basically at the final boss and I've been looking for ways to get some easy levels 70+ so I can farm the Ardun for cores and blades before I patch and move on to NG+.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

IcePhoenix posted:

CKK isn't available until after you beat the final boss.

But the real answer is to farm the final boss (you can save after the ending and retain the exp/sp you gain from the fight) until you stop getting like a full level from it, then you can farm CKK or the dinos from Temperantia.

Ah good to know. I didn't even realize there was postgame content.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Yeah stage 1 easy is the best place to get the score nodes done. Take no damage, grab every chest, grab every crystal, should be an easy 60,000+.

As for master mods (not to be confused with V mods like I thought) they only drop from stage 5 and seem to be slightly more common than element cores. I got five of them before a dark core finally dropped. Thankfully the first two were Tank, so that saved me a lot of time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Silver Falcon posted:

Huh... I got the Light Element Core.

Still no sign of Master Mods. I'm beginning to think the Master Mods must be plot locked somehow... Otherwise wouldn't I be swimming in the things by now?!

Not really. I think I did probably close to thirty runs before I got my first one.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Barudak posted:

Good news, he's capable of soloing every boss in the game because Xenoblade 2 wants you to use the most trash character concept they came up with from both a design and mechanics standpoint.

Too bad the AI is too stupid to be able tank nearly as effectively as a person.

I also like Tora and Hana Poppi.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Rirse posted:

That bullshit. Fought him again and figured with four elemental and him at 1/4 health that would work...nope, he got that lovely Prometheus attack off again. Really don't want to be forced to use Tora to get around that bullshit.

Here's a hot tip. Regardless of if your chain attack is useful, you're invincible during it. So just use it as soon as the screen turns white and it won't kill you. I was launching chain attacks through that stupid loving siren beam that was doing almost 7000 damage to poor Rex and his 5500 health.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

shortspecialbus posted:

Dahlia is The Worst in every respect, but Perun has the super bouncy tits.

And a skirt so small it's essentially pointless. :quagmire:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

multijoe posted:

Monolith desperately need a supervising producer from Nintendo like Silicon Knights and Retro used to get just to periodically remind them their game shouldn't be actively hostile to play

In fairness, we're only really seeing a change in the last few years in Japanese games actually becoming more user friendly. Especially the less mainstream JRPGs.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got to the lovely winter town where they tried to shoot Pyra with a giant laser cannon and boy howdy do I wish this game had a map.

You mean like a better map cause if not I have some troubling news for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Reality Loser posted:

They should add a ng+ option to change Rex's dumb rear end crystal clown suit back to the classic blue.

They should add an option so I never have to use that dumbass salvage suit again