Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I have a feeling for the NXT Women's Championship it'll probably either go Ember -> Kairi, although they would almost certainly have to turn Ember heel in that situation, as she would be destroyed by the live crowd otherwise. Kairi has a much higher ceiling as a babyface in NXT, and significantly more in ring charisma than Ember.

The other situation I can see happening is Ember -> Peyton -> Kairi. I can see them giving Peyton a token title reign (to appease her very vocal fanbase), although I don't think it would last longer than a month or two (drop it the Takeover immediately after she wins it), since her gimmick has a very short shelf life, and would probably fall apart if she was champ for too long. Also the idea of a chickenshit heel (with a lackey) in NXT bothers me, especially coming off of a Jinder reign on the main roster.

I mean they could also just give Ember a long reign, but if her mic/character work doesn't improve, she's toast. She's perfectly fine in the ring, but the moment she opens her mouth, she becomes a massive disappointment. I honestly think Ember could just be a paper/transitional champ as well.

As for Kairi, she was pretty sloppy in that multi woman match, but to be fair, STARDOM doesn't run those too often, and NXT multi woman matches are always trainwrecks (in a bad way). I'd give her time to establish herself.

As for the NXT Championship, it'll probably go from Almas to Black or Cole next. Black is more than ready for the title, and Cole is...well he's their shiny new toy still. The other members of TUE will probably win the tag titles before too long.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Bard Maddox posted:

you keep mentioning the iconic duo’s vocal fan base but who the gently caress are they

Oh sweet summer child, don't look on various websites/twitter pages/reddit. They love to hijack the NXT twitter hashtag and post their iconic duo RP stuff, among other things. Their fanbase is up there with Alexa Bliss's fanbase in terms of that kind of stuff. I have no clue why they have such a large following either, since both of them are (or was possibly, in the case of Peyton) jobbers.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 22, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

Do the Iconic Duo sell a lot of merch in comparison to Ember Moon or whoever else? If so then I'd be more willing to believe they would try to appease social media hardcores

I don't even think they have merchandise, but Peyton probably will after Takeover: Houston. I think the only two active women in NXT who have merch right now are Ember and Kairi (and Kairi's shirt isn't even her own. So technically only Ember has merch right now).

To be honest, WWE could probably make a killing off of selling replica ship wheels and masks that Kairi wears. Or the flower stuff that Peyton usually has with her.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 22, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

Still waiting for Tino and Moss to illicit any response from me other than "Ugh, these loving dorks."

Tino and Moss to me are somehow more bland than anything else WWE puts out. It's hard to be more bland than they are.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That feud was good because Asuka clowned on Ember for 99% of it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

Tonight on NXT:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935893661476376576
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/935954060905197568

I believe they're doing a full taping tonight (and this episode will be live to tape?), so watch for spoilers in the spoilers thread.

Nope. Apparently the matches advertised for tonight are just matches taken from the San Antonio show.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, but tonight's tapings will be the last set at Full Sail for a pretty long time. They won't be taping at Full Sail again until April 2018. Next several sets of tapings will take place in Atlanta, Georgia. Venue will be Center Stage.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm of the mind that while it sucks that he got cut, it's pretty much his fault for this happening. You don't run your mouth on twitter about a coworker (especially when they were just released and you were just recently signed), and apparently act like an absolute rear end in a top hat behind the scenes. If I recall, Mauro took a jab at Lio on twitter for being a bully to coworkers backstage.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I had a friend at the Pittsburgh show, and their kid was disappointed because apparently Kairi wasn't there. She wasn't at the Lakeland show either. Guess she's taking some time off of the road.

e: She did have fun seeing Ember though!

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 1, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT will be airing on USA Network on Wednesday December 13th. It's almost certainly a one off thing, but still neat to see regardless.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In hilarious news, Ember did this interview with WWE.com:

quote:

On winning the NXT Women’s Title:

“I’ve been super-ecstatic ever since I won the championship. I worked so hard to get this, and right now I feel like the sky is the limit. As soon as I won the title, I remember having to do an interview right away,” she recalled. “By the time I got to locker room, it was completely empty. I put the title down, I put my armor down and I just stared at the both of them. I just said to myself, ‘I finally did it.’ I finally solidified every decision that I made in my career and justified them,” Moon added. “I just took a moment to step out of the craziness and live in that moment of happiness.”

On her relationship with Asuka:

“Asuka and I started the exact same day at the WWE Performance Center, and though our paths were different, they always seem to intertwine,” Moon revealed. “We used to travel together and encourage each other to be better in and out of the ring. It was awesome to have her show that much respect by presenting me the NXT Women’s Championship and celebrate our mutual love for wrestling in the middle of the ring.”

On her goal as champion:

“My goal now is to become the longest-reigning champion in NXT history,” Moon said. “I wasn’t able to end Asuka’s undefeated streak, but I can break her record for the longest-reigning Women’s Champion in NXT. I want to prove that my myth is a legend rising and forever solidify my place in WWE history.”

Ember probably won't make it past Takeover: Brooklyn 2018 as champ. I can see her losing it at Takeover: New Orleans as well. As long as she has the character she has now, her time as champ should be incredibly limited.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Germansimp posted:

Didn't someone at a Lakeland show a couple of months ago tell Itami to "Go back to China"? Sadly seems to be the standard that there are racist fucks in the crowd at NXT shows.

Pretty much any Asian wrestler has gotten racist chants thrown at them. Asuka, Itami, Tian, and Kairi have all had racial slurs/insults thrown at them. The NXT house show circuit tends to be poo poo. Really bad in Florida, but also bad in other places.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I don't think Matt Morgan was signed. He was recently elected to a councilman position in some town in Florida, which is probably why he appeared.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

Could it be Tessa? I've enjoyed the stuff I've seen from her and would be one of the bigger indie names left at this point, yeah?

Would Mia Yim make sense?

Just shooting in the dark at guesses of bigger indie names, because I have no clue about anyone's strings that need to be tied up or any of that stuff. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch and it's someone whose matches we can enjoy before their spirit is ground into dust on the main roster.

Some people are speculating Candice LaRae, but I think she recently signed to a new merch deal. I think other names that could possibly be signed are: Toni Storm, Piper Niven/Viper, and Io Shirai (incredibly unlikely though). Although all three of them are holding titles at the moment in STARDOM. Toni and Io both holding two belts each.

There's also Jazzy Gabbert, whose signing announcement hasn't been made official yet.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 20, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Didn't WWE pass on her because they found a heart condition?

Yeah, that's what Dave claims, but previously before that he said it was a neck problem, and before that, it was just a general injury. He changed his story several times, so I don't know anymore. He seems to be getting stuff regarding the women wrong more often than right. I mean I still don't see it being her, as it's probably Jazzy Gabbert who signed.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 20, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Lone Goat posted:

Travis Browne was famously called a "tiki themed turd golem" in the UFC threads so you guys are in for a treat. He's got the body of Baron Corbin plus seventeen cheeseburgers, with half the charisma.

That was meant to be a joke post, I'm pretty sure.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqaMPdVsI20

The WWE Performance Center portion will be uploaded sometime later.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Man, I can't believe they are likely going to job out Kairi to ~The Submission Magician~ Shayna Baszler.

I didn't think it was possible, but they somehow managed to come up with the dumbest nickname of 2017, a few days before it actually ends. :psyduck:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Shayna is good, and if the Horsewoman program is off she'll be way better as an actual part of NXT instead of Ronda Rousey's Little Buddy.

My problem with Shayna is that MMA fight gimmicks do absolutely nothing for me. And that's what she's going to have. Lesnar's initial return burned any good will there, and then Sonya floundering with it made sure it was dead.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I have a really bad feeling they are going to treat Shayna like Brock Lesnar and make her overwhelmingly dominant to the point of where the rest of the division looks like an absolute joke.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That awful jerk Ciampa is going to cost Johnny at Takeover Philly. I can just feel it. :sigh:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Jazzy/Alpha Female on the Edge and Christian podcast said she was offered a WWE contract and sat the medical after the MYC. But Dr. Maroon found an issue with her neck. 3 herniated discs. WWE can't clear her to wrestle so the contract offer was rescinded.

Was Jazzy the prominent female indie signing you were saying people would be excited about? Either way, that's disappointing. :(

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

Playing real fast and loose with "winner" and "star" there

Well factually Sara did win tough enough, so that is correct. As for the star part, yeah no one cares about Westley Blake. Reminder: Blake is on the NXT house show circuit right now with a gimmick of The Revival, except more racist. And nowhere near as fun to watch in the ring.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mob posted:

The true Tough Enough winner was Mandy Rose and only the Miz was smart enough to see it

Considering how bad Mandy is on the main roster right now, that seems sort of questionable.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, there will be more NXT tapings starting on the 4th of January. That will be the only set for the month, then at the start February there will be two sets of tapings back to back (Feb. 1 and Feb. 2), which will fill up any time leading up to Takeover: New Orleans. So for anyone who reads spoiler reports, we'll probably have an idea of the New Orleans Takeover card early next month.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They announced TM-61 will do something in two weeks. Should anyone care though? I doubt it, since I'm still not sure what their gimmick is.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Adam Cole vs Alister Black was announced for Takeover: Philly

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
We'll find out the rest of the card soon enough, but I'm gonna take a swing at what I feel is the likely card for Philly.

- Johnny Gargano vs Cien Almas for the NXT Title

- Ember Moon vs Nikki Cross for the NXT Women's Title

- TUE vs Sanity for the NXT Tag Titles

- Adam Cole vs Alister Black

- Maybe a filler match. Shayna vs Kairi or something.

I feel like no titles will change hands here. Takeover: New Orleans is a different story though, because I have a feeling Shayna is likely going to win the NXT Women's Title at New Orleans.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here is a good reason why Heavy Machinery is cool and good. From a house show tonight:

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/949455733447413761

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I do think Kairi needs to tone it down a bit during house shows, since she apparently still goes almost all out during them. Stop using the elbow drop so often. Let her use the Ikari as a secondary finisher/submission move for most matches.

At the end of the day though, WWE lucked out with this, as Kairi has a ready made feud when she does return. She has a bone to pick with Shayna after all. And the crowd will likely be firmly behind Kairi during this feud.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Oh, so yeah name change probably. Real names are always temporary unless they're a big deal already using theirs.

I miss the days of the NXT Name Generator, with goofy names like Elijah Crocker. :(

http://scarless1.tripod.com/twfnamegenerator.html

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Looks like Kairi may be returning soon.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/952007509161791488

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Troxartas posted:

So everyone else's announcement mentions nxt and the performance center, that mean Candice is showing up in the Rumble?

They'll probably use her in the Rumble yeah. They have a lot of slots to fill for the women's rumble anyways, and Candice has already worked in a WWE ring several times before.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

They need to fill something like 13 spots after the Raw/Smackdown rosters (excluding the champions and Paige.)

I saw a post earlier in the week saying NXT was getting 8 or 9 spots but I don't recall if it was a reliable source.

Yeah, assuming they get 9 slots, here is who I expect in the Rumble from the NXT Women's Division.

1) Ember Moon
2) Nikki Cross
3) Peyton Royce
4) Billie Kay
5) Shayna Baszler
6) Kairi Sane
7) Candice LaRae
8) Lacey Evans
9) Taynara Conti

I just pulled two random female names for #8 and #9 because I struggle to think of any more prominent names in the NXT female division after #7.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

You've got to think all the legends coming back for 25th Anniversary Raw will declare though so that will be a bunch of places.

I don't think all of the legends are going to be in it. It's a 30 woman rumble. Removing Charlotte and Alexa from the equation makes the total around 18 women. Assume one or two legends (maybe 3, but anything more than that is overkill) to appear, then the rest will probably be from NXT.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

I keep forgetting Aliyah is still employed

She sorta shot herself in the foot early on in her WWE career when she made some really questionable (and thats me being nice) posts on social media. Also she's bad in the ring.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This promo is pretty....bad. In more ways than one.

:chloe:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think the only other thing that stuck out to me with the Lacey Evans/Aliyah/Shayna thing was that Ember cut yet another god awful promo. Just give her a manager or something at this point because she's never going to improve.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Ember's promo was good and your ridiculous hateboner for her is the funniest thing about PSP

I have no problem with Ember's in ring work. It is actually great.

But her promo skills have not improved at all since joining NXT. She either sounds like a robot or has no inflection.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The problem with TM61 right now is if they debuted without a gimmick change or anything, they would probably be dead in the water. Especially with War Machine, AOP, Sanity, Heavy Machinery, etc all floating around still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Kairi's first match since 18th November. It has been widely suspected she had a neck injury:

Not that I don't believe that, but did the suspicion arise due to the picture she took with Kassius in Japan where it looked like she was wearing a neck brace? Because if so, I'm pretty sure that's one of the surgeon masks that the Japanese wear over there to prevent the spread of disease. She just had it down for the photo.

• Locked thread