Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Still waiting for Tino and Moss to illicit any response from me other than "Ugh, these loving dorks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, they either need to go all in with Ember and make her a werewolf or dial back the supernatural bits and just make her a wrestler with a cool entrance and gear. Or, only break out the contacts and super cosplay stuff the way they do with The Demon.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The UK guys should get the freedom to do whatever the hell they want because every match involving any of them is loving awesome. I just wish they were utilized more often.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't think I've ever quite seen such a splat on a successful suicide dive before, god drat.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shawn Cotureier posted:

The fake press conference thing is dumb

Yeah, this is dumb as poo poo. I get that they're trying to do something different, but hopefully they drop it sooner than later.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Could it be Tessa? I've enjoyed the stuff I've seen from her and would be one of the bigger indie names left at this point, yeah?

Would Mia Yim make sense?

Just shooting in the dark at guesses of bigger indie names, because I have no clue about anyone's strings that need to be tied up or any of that stuff. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch and it's someone whose matches we can enjoy before their spirit is ground into dust on the main roster.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

When the hell is Rhea Ripley gonna be on my tv?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Squashing Hugh Morris.

This doesn't answer any part of that question

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

Ember's promo was good and your ridiculous hateboner for her is the funniest thing about PSP

Eh, it wasn't great. Nothing she says sounds natural, still. It felt like she was trying to be/sound like a scary bad rear end and it felt forced.

On the other hand, I'm stoked TM61 is getting the Roderick video treatment. Hopefully it'll result in everyone actually having a reason to be interested in them.

Anyone else thinking AOP lose at Takeover and get called up to avoid having too many big guy teams with War Machine coming in?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

The stuff with Lars has been axed.

What stuff? All Lars stuff, or just Roderick challenging him?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So is this a thing like when Dream was off of TV for a month for whatever (wellness?) or is he going to be throwing dudes around in the Rumble?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

PURELY as a fan, I hated Asuka's Takeover match with Bayley. Ember Moon isn't remotely in the hearts of fans of NXT Bayley was. But still, joyless maulings are joyless.

However, the match is in Philadelphia and those joyless sickos will likely eat Shayna up.

I just remember really disliking the end of Asuka/Bayley. It felt like it came out of nowhere and fell flat instead if feeling like a big deal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well I wonder what the deal is with Lars now. Expected him to be a Rumble surprise with the chatter here last week.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

God what a Rumble :allears:

I did love this but it came right after Trish also clowning on Sasha so it didn't stick out as much.

It's a very minor complaint for what was overall a real fun night. I can't believe they gave the fans what they wanted... twice!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

RealFoxy posted:

Sometimes I hear people complaining that Asuka has no charisma because she can't talk, but she's probably got some of the best in-ring charisma on the entire roster. Her goofy exaggerated mocking can switch over to about to kick someone's loving head off in a heartbeat and still be believable

Those people you hear are idiots or lunatics. She's got insane charisma. Everything she does, from the way she walks to actually taunting people to simple facial expressions, is basically perfect.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Lars and I hope everything turns out well for him because he could have a fun as hell monster run through all of NXT.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is there a highlight reel somewhere of Tino sucking in the NFL because, if so, I need to see it pronto.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Again any thoughts? He was in the last 3 or 4 in the Andre Battle Royal last year too.

Probably Samoa Joe or Owens level. Should be a top guy in a fun, main program but will sniff the scene just enough to make us think he's on the cusp before being fed to someone and falling back down the card.

This is also probably an evergreen statement for all NXT callups.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

Just loving call them The Mighty Don't Kneel. TM61 is the worst name for a tag team ever. They even wear the phrase on their gear now.

It seems like they're leading to it. Last week they had a backstage interview where they said something along the lines of "We're more than just TM61, we are The Mighty and blah blah blah". This week, Mauro practically screamed MIGHTY every time he forced the word into a sentence. If I had to guess, they're waiting until this set of tapings is done airing to officially change the name.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Blake was in the fuckin goof troop

:bravo:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

checksin posted:

the mullet is the only part of the gimmick i understand

It's not a mullet, his hair's just tied back.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hope this is the shining moment for Oney and Burch. I love those two just killing themselves/everybody.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

gently caress, that sucks. Hopefully it's not so bad that he can't work Mania weekend. That'd be such a bummer for him, though I suppose they could always Freebird the belt with Cole if they needed to.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope this bad news doesn't affect Oney and Burch. I don't know how good their odds are of winning the tournament but I'm pulling for them :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I couldn't hear the Regal promo earlier while I was in the kitchen, was it anything worth hearing?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I liked Abbey in Chikara but she was unimpressive in almost every way in the MYC and NXT.

Edit: Oh man, just saw an article on WWE.com about NXT unveiling a new title, but has the article marked as a spoiler. Trying to decide if I want to read it or not. :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 8, 2018

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really wish Ember was better on the mic. I don't like Shayna but I kind of want her to win at Takeover so they can shift the title to Kairi.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Even the word "war" is something WWE might ponder use them.

They use it in AOP's branding (war is our peace or whatever) so it's probably not an impossibility. Never heard of the MMA dude, but can see why they'd want to steer clear of that headache.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope this doesn't spell first round doom for Oney and Burch :ohdear:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

These Ciampa segments are wasted on full sail

Everything is wasted on Full Sail

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

loving perfect.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EC3 is good

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I want a full hour of Dream/Regal interactions

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

YeehawMcKickass posted:

That was just a fun episode of wrasslin'.

It really was. I especially liked how there was no bullshit in revealing the ladder match guys. I figured Ricochet would be the last but it was exciting nonetheless to see him. Had a fleeting moment where I thought Lio Rush might be involved, but I guess they're not ready to use him consistently yet.

Hard to pick a winner in that one, but I think I'm pulling for Dream. If Cole doesn't do SOMETHING soon, though, he's really gonna start looking like a dumb wiener.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

That line from the Ciampa/Regal segment where Regal said "This time, you're gonna have to Do It Yourself" was loving perfect.

Regal had another great line when Dream showed up and said "You're looking well" and responded "I know." The expression on his face was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Speaking of name changes War Machine are keeping their's after all:

https://twitter.com/WarBeardHanson/status/981966566546919425

Is this necessarily solid? I feel like there were other indie dudes who had their indie names in NXT programs before being renamed once they hit TV. Maybe not, though.

• Locked thread