Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Maybe very probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

Gila the Brainer

It's deceptive, how huge they are.
You'd think something so big would be easy enough to avoid.
Instead, they're upon you before you know it, the only warning the thunder of their steps, if they are a variant generous enough.
Unless you know how to listen properly.
With the right tools, and the right mind, you can hear them no matter how far.
A mixed blessing, to be sure.
I still listen though, keeping an ear out for that sweetest sound, the dying cry of a Destroyer.

Tell me how close you’ve gotten to a Destroyer

Destroyers, we call them.
As varied as the ills of man, unified in purpose.
Or so one might assume. They have their own minds and behaviors, and sometimes they clash.
We were fleeing one, but found another, and instead of unite, they struggled over the kill.
I witnessed as long as I could, until whiteness took me, and when I woke, the victor had departed, me the only morsel overlooked.
The losers carcass was still there though, and if you're hungry enough, any meat is meat.
I cut, and I lived, and the things I found...

Tell me about the person/place/thing that makes you feel safe

Nothing is safe. Not now.
Something that offers solace though, are the things I took, the things I made.
Power, no matter how slight, is to be treasured.
Not enough though, not yet.
I need more, and so I listen, and sometimes I whisper, and sooner or later I'll have my chance again.
To cut and feed.

pre:
Look
Woman?, mismatched formal wear, pale face, pale eyes, awkward angular body.

Stats
Cool+1 Hard-2 Hot-1 Sharp+2 Weird+2

Moves
Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without going aggro. 
Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).  

In-brain puppet strings: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone— again, mutual or 1-sided—you can plant a command inside their mind. 
Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. At your will, no matter the circumstances, you can spend your hold 1 for 1:
 • Inflict 1-harm (ap).
 • They take -1 right now. 
If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

Gear
Hidden knives (2-harm hand infinite) 
Violation glove (hand hi-tech) For purposes of brainer moves, mere skin contact counts as time and intimacy. 
Pain-wave projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech) Goes off like a reusable grenade. Hits everyone but you.
Jars of organs worth 8-barter

Hx
TBD

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

We Are The Road Crew.

PoultryGeist posted:

What secret has been whispered into your dreams? Who has come to you for your abilities most recently?

The Destoyers are to be feared and respected, true.
But they are but shadows, relections cast by something far greater and far less.
By who or what?
Even the dream-whispers fear to tell.

PoultryGeist posted:

Who has come to you for your abilities most recently?

She calls herself Cintri.
Her and her sister, they came from up east a ways, claims to have run from a Destroyer, but they reek of malice all too human.
The sister lives, after a fashion, but responds to nothing at all, except to swallow and blink.
It's not the kind of task I usually take on, leaving someone better than they were, but an interesting challange.
It is though, a work in progress.
In the meanwhile, Cintri has been useful, though I'd better take care not to push her.
She's not to far from the edge herself, and her sister is what keeps her from going over.
Either way, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Locked thread