Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Zane the Shepard (HardHolder)

We live our lives as we did before. The world did not end for us. My grandfather said this: Once there were seas of men who were empty inside and had forgotten the old ways. They built great towers to reach the sky and scorned and poisoned the land that gives men life. They challenged Allah in their arrogance and so he sent the Destroyers to purify them. But those who knew the old ways were spared. When Destroyers came, we moved the flock as we always did. When the blight-men fell to madness, we moved the flock as we always did. When their world died, the blight men left us many open places to live even as the Destroyer claimed their pieces of the land. We thrived in seas of grass where other men saw only death.

My father said this: the future of humankind lies in remembering the ways of the past. Not the wicked ways of the blight-men, but in the old ways before them. Our people remember these ways, so the future lies with us. My father did much to protect our people. He killed many and performed every kind of cruelty for this truth.

I lead our clan now. I say this: the future lies with the knowledge we hold, and for it to be secure it must spread far outside our blood. This is risk to our people, to make peace with the broken children of the blight. But it is the only way to break the curse that still holds this world.

Tell me how close you’ve gotten to a Destroyer
Maybe 20 miles? Or more, it is hard to tell size and distance, maybe as far as 100 miles if it towered like a true mountain. We were not close enough to tell. My people, we do not challenge Destroyers. We do not come close to their claim. We do not risk this, when they come near, we move. They are things of nature, not men. There is no good in fighting them, only learning how to live in a world that contains them.

-Tell me about the person/place/thing that makes you feel safe
My family around me, the laughter of my children, my nephews, my nieces, my cousins. The sound of animals and the warmth of our fire. The songs of my people. Roasted meat and clear purpose. These things make me feel safe, they make everyone feel safe. You must remember this.

quote:

HardHolder
Name: Zane the Shepard
Look: Man, Casual Wear, Soft Face, Cool Eyes, Wiry Body

Stats: Cool+1, Hard+2, Hot+1, Sharp+1, Weird -2
Moves: Leadership and Wealth

Gear: Assault Rifle (3 harm close/far loud autofire), Machete (3 harm hand messy), War Outfit (armor 1), Ceremonial Outfit (worn valuable)

quote:

Holding: Ka’sesen Clan

Zane’s clan is around 60 people, all armed and well-trained fighters. They are nomadic and care for a herd of animals which produce an abundance of meat, milk, leather, blood, manure, and bone which they know how to process and use efficiently. They have a few trucks and scavenged armored vehicles, but mostly they travel by foot. The clan spends a lot of time dispersed and they cannot rely on defensible positions because the animals need to eat. The clan is family, they work together well, know their business, and are mostly stable. But they are deeply anxious about strangers and prone to challenge Zane’s leadership when it comes his decision to deal peacefully with outsiders.

Population: 60
Gigs: 1. A mix of hunting, crude farming, and scavenging. 2. A herd of animals (manufactory)
An armory of scavenged and makeshift weapons
A garage of 2 utility vehicles and 2 specialized battle vehicles
A gang of about 50 violent bastards (2-harm gang large 1-armor)
Wants: Anxiety, idle
Surplus: +2 Barter

Holding options:
Good: Small population, well disciplined, large gang, Manufactory (herd of animals)
Bad: Compound is mostly tents and lean-tos, Garage is for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Zane the Shepard

What is the thing that most threatens the well-being of the Ka’sesen?

People. Broken people. Outsiders. We must make them remember how to live for the good of all. But for the good of the Ka'sesen here and now? It would be better if we killed every last one of them. We can anticipate and avoid the Destroyers. But our herds are vulnerable to a sneak attack from madmen and our people are too valuable to discard in foolish war. So, we should limit contact, hide and kill any who know too much of us. This is what my father believed, and we thrived under his rule. I believe there is another path and that my father had broken inside much as those he hated. They are a threat, but life has many threats. I will not make us sin any more out of fear.

Who do you favor to lead the clan once you reach the end of your wander?

It depends on when it ends. For now I have told them that my Uncle Rakin should take my place. He supported my ascension, but he also believes much as my father did about outsiders and protecting our people. If I die soon then my course of action was likely foolish. He is old, but experienced and capable for now. He will lead the remnants to safety. If things go well then I will support my firstborn daughter Amala. It is an old thing that the man of this bloodline should rule. But my father declared that we must discard this foolishness of treating women as lesser and I believe it was one of his better acts. She is the most capable, I will have time to groom her and prepare the people for a woman's rule.

• Locked thread