Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wei
The Angel

Eventually you just learn to keep your distance. Physically, sure, you've got to keep away from things out here. But, emotionally, mentally, you need distance as well. I've felt too many people slip straight through my fingers, seen too many lights flicker and fade in faces burnt by sun and caked in dust. There's no place in this world for emotions anymore. My hands and my thoughts are steady. Cool. Calm. Collected. I'm here to serve one function: keep some bastards alive who will in turn keep me alive. That's all.

quote:

Tell me how close you’ve gotten to a Destroyer
Close enough to see a man's head trampled beneath its foot. Nothing that can be done for someone after that except to run and protect yourself. No amount of medicine will get the bone-on-metal scraping sounds of its movement out of my mind.

quote:

Tell me about the person/place/thing that makes you feel safe
My tools. My medicine. Those are things I can rely on, things that work the same way every time. People are unpredictable and unreliable. Places change, and can't be visited again. My kit is the only thing constant in my life.

pre:
The Angel
Name: Wei
Stats: Cool+1, Hard=0, Hot+1, Sharp+2, Weird-1
Look: Woman, scrounge wear plus utility, rugged face, caring eyes, rangy body
Gear: Angel kit, Painkiller (9mm 2 harm loud), oddments worth 2 barter, leather jacket (1-armor)

Moves:
All basic moves +

Healing Touch: when you put your hands skin-to-skin on a wounded person and open your brain to them, roll+weird. 
On a 10+, heal 1 segment. 
On a 7–9, heal 1 segment, but you’re acting under fire from your patient’s brain. 
On a miss: first, you don’t heal them. Second, you’ve opened both your brain and theirs to the world’s psychic maelstrom, without protection or preparation. 
For you, and for your patient if your patient’s a fellow player’s character, treat it as though you’ve made that move and missed the roll. 
For NPC patients, their experience and fate is up to the MC.

Professional Compassion: you can roll+sharp instead of roll+Hx when you help someone who’s rolling.

Hx: TBD

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

PoultryGeist posted:

Wei the Angel
How did you aquire your particular skillz? Whose was the last life you saved?

A lot of trial, even more error. Some on myself, some on others. In a world like this, it's helpful to know how many mils of morphine it takes to dull the senses, and how many it takes to outright forget where you are. As for stitchin' folks up, there's not too much difference between patching up a leather jacket, and patching up a person. As long as you can block out their screams and work steady, it's drat near the same.

A few weeks back, I was squatting with some folks who had enough food to share - assuming everybody brought something useful to the table, obviously. But... some people are more interested in filling their bellies full to bursting than helping out the group. This small guy, Harris, got caught burying sacks of food by a guy named Hammer. Real wild fella from over the hills, leads a pack of salvagers. poo poo, I could have sworn Harris' number was up, but I didn't know about the heat he carried. Nobody did. Next thing anybody knew, there was a loud crack, and drat near half of Hammer's face was gone. It took most of my supplies, and a few sleepless nights, but he lived. He'll never smile again - not that he did much before - but he's alive. Anyway, the food ran out and we all had to be on our way, and then a dust storm separated most of us. I wonder sometimes how Hammer's doing. Not out of concern, I just want to know how my work turned out.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 1, 2017

• Locked thread