Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

fuckin read about this poo poo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Super

goku becomes an actual literal god so that he can fight another god and their fight is so ridiculous that it almost destroys the universe

freeza comes back for some reason

and then goku has to fight a black version of himself and of course the black version is the bad guy cause this is made in japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

the black version isn't like, a black man it's just a guy in black clothes

and Super isn't that good, but it does have the first legit female saiyans though (goku destroys them of course)

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

and then goku has to fight a black version of himself and of course the black version is the bad guy cause this is made in japan

it's just dark goku

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
they call dark pit "black pit" in the japanese smash brothers as well so i guess it's just a japan thing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm black Goku's pants

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Fartbox posted:

and Super isn't that good.

This is wrong, idiot.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
If your just now finding out about the new dragon balls I want you to slap yourself until you loose consciousness.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fartbox posted:

pfft typical hollywood whitewashing

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Fartbox posted:

and Super isn't that good, but it does have the first legit female saiyans though (goku destroys them of course)

The pacing is just really bad sometimes, not Buu saga bad but pretty poo poo. They'll probably have it fixed for Dragon Ball Super Kai in a few years.

Big Papadum
Sep 15, 2017
dragonball z is literally dumb poo poo for faggots ffs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Frieza has no rear end

How does Frieza poop

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i can only watch the dubs, goku's voice is lame as gently caress in the japanese version

as a result i'm only on episode 40, allegedly he has a new form at around ep 100 and its sick

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Big Papadum posted:

dragonball z is literally dumb poo poo for faggots ffs

So is Something Awful, so...

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Goku's voice has aged so much. He sounds raspy and not like how he did 20 years ago (of course). RIP Goku voice man.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bajaj posted:

Goku's voice has aged so much. He sounds raspy and not like how he did 20 years ago (of course). RIP Goku voice man.

at least he is not voiced by a literal 81 year old granny in english, japanese goku is hilariously bad

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there was an episode where a guy had a weird alien name and he said it translated to great nipples because he had them since he was born

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzT6bVFVPWk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never seen a full episode of this but I feel like I’ve seen clips of gokus new power ups and there’s like 10 of them and they’re basically like the mortal kombat ninja reskins with just different colors. That’s dumb and I don’t like it

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I <heart> my cartoons for preteens.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blast of Confetti posted:

there was an episode where a guy had a weird alien name and he said it translated to great nipples because he had them since he was born

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzT6bVFVPWk

Japan loves huge man nipples for comedy reasons, and it’s another example of why they are superior to us, who view them with disdain and dishonor

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

at least he is not voiced by a literal 81 year old granny in english, japanese goku is hilariously bad
Masako Nozawa (野沢 雅子 Nozawa Masako, born October 25, 1936) is a Japanese actress and voice actress from Tokyo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwxNSRQciY

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS THE ANDROID SAGA'S FIRST VIDEO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TRUNKS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME FREEZA SOLIDER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED A FUTURE APOCALYPSE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The fighting parts of dragon ball are boring, but the childish humor in between I like

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Bajaj posted:

Masako Nozawa (野沢 雅子 Nozawa Masako, born October 25, 1936) is a Japanese actress and voice actress from Tokyo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwxNSRQciY

why is there a little box of a bored person watching

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hemale in pain posted:

why is there a little box of a bored person watching

japan

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Japan needs tiny people in boxes watching things as they themselves are watching things because Japan is a broken horrible country

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fartbox posted:

Japan needs tiny people in boxes watching things as they themselves are watching things because Japan is a broken horrible country

The US version of this is the cut away to studio footage of a reality star saying "Yeah, I was pissed. She was being a bitch" in between screaming matches

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Wow this is a really good Japanese cartoon about people punching each other, I've never seen anything like it

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
i've only ever seen one episode of d ball z. it was on cartoon network after school one time. some dudes got eaten by a piece of bubblegum.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

i've only ever seen one episode of d ball z. it was on cartoon network after school one time. some dudes got eaten by a piece of bubblegum.

Did everyone stand around slack jawed at this happening?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ikanreed posted:

Did everyone stand around slack jawed at this happening?

Most of them were already eaten before that.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
heck yeah. p sure it awakened the vore fuzzies inside us all

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

*gasps japanese-ly*

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

OP get back to me when they do a Dragon Ball Z / Spongebob crossover episode

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Dragonball Super is great for many reasons:
1. Goku has new stupid fanficey Saiyan forms
2. Female Saiyans actually exist now
3. He fights an alien whose head is shaped exactly like a purple penis
4. He fights a Kai that goes all One-Winged Angel
5. There is now a cat god who acts exactly like a cat on two legs would
6. It's a big dumb show and it knows it, takes itself way less seriously than DBZ

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

extra row of teeth posted:

... takes itself way less seriously than DBZ

It's actually kinda amazing that it's self aware in a way dragon ball z never was.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

anime sucks my balls and people who are really interested in it are hosed in the head.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

extra row of teeth posted:

Dragonball Super is great for many reasons:
1. Goku has new stupid fanficey Saiyan forms
2. Female Saiyans actually exist now
3. He fights an alien whose head is shaped exactly like a purple penis
4. He fights a Kai that goes all One-Winged Angel
5. There is now a cat god who acts exactly like a cat on two legs would
6. It's a big dumb show and it knows it, takes itself way less seriously than DBZ

all of this sucks

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ikanreed posted:

It's actually kinda amazing that it's self aware in a way dragon ball z never was.

I saw a random episode of this and it had me busting a gut, the pig man was trying to save the universe by playing the cat man in Rock Paper Scissors, the dragon balls were a prize on a cruise ship (for bingo, IIRC) and at one point they summon the dragon guy himself and he's all "WHAT IS YOUR WISH wait is that the loving cat guy over there?! You want me to FIGHT him?! Hell no, somebody hide me!"

It was like a half hour of jokes about how ridiculous DBZ is

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

food court bailiff posted:

I saw a random episode of this and it had me busting a gut, the pig man was trying to save the universe by playing the cat man in Rock Paper Scissors, the dragon balls were a prize on a cruise ship (for bingo, IIRC) and at one point they summon the dragon guy himself and he's all "WHAT IS YOUR WISH wait is that the loving cat guy over there?! You want me to FIGHT him?! Hell no, somebody hide me!"

It was like a half hour of jokes about how ridiculous DBZ is

yeah if you skip the fights the show is a pretty decent comedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’ve never seen a full episode of this but I feel like I’ve seen clips of gokus new power ups and there’s like 10 of them and they’re basically like the mortal kombat ninja reskins with just different colors. That’s dumb and I don’t like it

He only has two new forms, Blue and Silver

• Locked thread