Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Sensible chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

In Training posted:

"Does this beta contain the new single-player content too?
Yes. More details about it will be shared at a later date."

Omg. Who wants to start a farm up tonight.

hell yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

WHen are people gonna be around tonight. I can probably host unless im playing Fightmans.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll be around after 7c so like in an hour or two.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sounds like it time to start this massive time sink back up.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

did anyone start the next content yet? how is it?

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm going to divorce Haley

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i guess the invite code changes everyday so if you guys wanna play tomorrow we can too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there a quick list of the new content apart from MP? i don't feel like sitting through a 10 minute youtube video of some wiener with a terrible voice

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Then check this out: [video of BobNumberoTres's 10 minute youtube video describing the new content apart from MP]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Then check this out: [video of BobNumberoTres's 10 minute youtube video describing the new content apart from MP]

some wiener with a terrible voice who starts rapping in the middle of it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

is there a quick list of the new content apart from MP? i don't feel like sitting through a 10 minute youtube video of some wiener with a terrible voice

the old lady gave me a potting plant for indoors, there's a respec thing in the sewers, and I guess where's a night time winter fest at the beach. that's all I know

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that's just the stuff I came across myself, so I'm sure there's more

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
those all seem pretty cool. i've played this recently, though, so idk if i could do another playthrough right now.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

the multiplayer was fun the other night, maybe you could try experiencing the new stuff that way?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

can people just pop in and help or are they like a permanent slot on the farm? how does that work.. i might make a MP farm tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's drop in/drop out and the money pool is shared, so you can just make an MP farm and different people can join it. I hopped in to neurotic roleplays for like 2 or 3 in game days and then left and it was all pretty seamless.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'd be down to play again tonight/this weekend. either in the farm we did last week or a brand new one, it doesn't matter

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm down tonight or maybe late night Saturday.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll try to get in there sometime. Does the host have to be playing to connect?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah the host has to be playing.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

https://youtu.be/-vlBE3vSfNU

officially out August 1st

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
The perfect distraction before monhun world

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how do i get a freaking prismatic shard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Buy 10000000 omni geodes on a lucky day and spend a comfy afternoon with Clint.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GameCube posted:

The black dudes deep in the mines drop them randomly. Otherwise they spawn pretty often the deeper you go in the skull mines if you're unlocked the desert.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gotta get that prismatic shard so i can get the best sword

but once i have that sword i won't have any reason to go into the mines again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You'll need it for the skull caves. That's basically how you get iridium and the best items.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
get a big gold clock with only very limited usefulness

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i shouldn't have looked that sword up on the wiki

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is that the thing that costs 10 million and all it does is stop weeds from spawning on your farm?

I never got into the lategame stuff added in the first big patch but I might start playing again once 1.3 drops in a week or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I achieved my fishing nirvana and petered off there, if I played again I'd have to thikn of a new goal. Maybe make a farm thats largely a flower garden or something. Or have no animals.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'll prolly start a new farm when the patch hits

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I achieved my fishing nirvana and petered off there, if I played again I'd have to thikn of a new goal. Maybe make a farm thats largely a flower garden or something. Or have no animals.

I eanna finish my psycho challenge: no mines no buying seeds pass out on the ground every night finish community centre year 1

Just no buying seeds is fun cause you have to use the seed maker and grow your seed collection slowly with drops, gifts etc

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

GameCube posted:

The best way is to do one of those insanely deep skull cave dives. Youll get like 1200 iridium and 10 prismatic shards but it costs like 100 000k in stone

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've lucked into getting one in my regular caves every run. sorry.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

we can always try having another imp farm but not on the garbage mining farm like I made before

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've definitely got the itch to play this once the patch drops but I'm also a sperg who would want to spend like 15 hours a day playing and the multiplayer setup doesn't really allow for that.

Either way, I'd be down to try multiplayer again once it releases.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I honestly forget how the multiplayer works. does the host have to be online in order for the farm to be open? would be cool to just have an open farm and people could hop in and out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah as far as I know the host has to be online and time is paused until someone joins I think.

• Locked thread