Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. "Giant enemy crab!". "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!!". "Nobody wants their controllers to rumble any more. It's an old technology and a thing of the past". "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars". "You will want to work a second job to get one!" they proclaim to a shocked and stunned audience.

"Feh" I say to Sony's stumble as I stroll into a suburban Circuit City to pay the extra $100 for 40 extra gigs, wi-fi, and 2 more USB ports over the 20GB poverty version. "You never know if you will be in a situation where you need to plug a CompactFlash card into your PS3" I mutter to myself while barely considering my options.

"That will be $649.48" the clerk says. "Would you like to buy an extended warranty for a paltry $199.98?" he inquires as his manager stares him down, performance review in hand. "Heh." I respond. "There's no way that what I'm going to do with this thing wouldn't make that warranty invalid" I retort with a bemused chuckle. He feverishly checks the employee handbook for the script response to that scenario. There aren't any.

I park my Chevy Lumina and lug the brand new PS3 into my dimly-lit domicile (it is a Monday afternoon and no one is home). As tempting as the thought is, I know that opening the prodigious box isn't even an option. I secure it in a closet where even the most seasoned of vagrants or nosy children would never be able to find it. There it sits for several years on its stock firmware. Me, waiting for the day when MaxConsole.net informs me that a hack is available, but you would have had to have been shrewd enough to have not connected it to the internet or updated it at any time in the past 2 years. That day comes, and only those on firmware 3.55 or below can partake in the festivities. An exclusive club with very few members, indeed. I snicker as I get my USB stick ready with PS3UPDATE.PUP and a root beer in hand.

I enjoy my hacked PS3 greatly. I simper as I jump from Jumping Flash 3(j).iso to Final Fantasy X.cue to Final Fantasy XII.bin with just the press of a home button; the wireless controllers only adding to the fun. Three generations of consoles spanning 20 years literally at my fingertips. I sit there, wishing people heard my screams of "DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3!!!!" to no avail. I lay crestfallen during the late hours of the night that my warnings fell on deaf ears. They would never get to experience the joy of opening the MultiMan homebrew app, selecting GTA IV, and having my PS3 incorrectly assume that the DJ Hero disc in the drive was what it said it was.

But alas, the day has come. That day being Thanksgiving of 2017 (it's almost poetic in a way). The PS3's firmware can now be downgraded to the coveted 3.55 firmware no matter how recent your PS3 firmware is thanks to your devil may care attitude in regards to updating. You no longer need a degree in arthroscopic surgery to install the 47-pin progskeet downgrader to enjoy what I have been enjoying for several years. Everyone, no matter where they come from, what social class they belong to, and no matter what fugazi television color encoding system your country uses; everyone gets to enjoy a PS3 that can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made via the 2TB USB hard drive you will undoubtedly have dangling from one of the front-only USB ports.

I am so happy to be able to share this great news with you all.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-nand-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

Enjoy. I know I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ban

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also have a PS3 that can play every PS1, 2 and 3 game. A lot of them can do that

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I also have a PS3 that can play every PS1, 2 and 3 game. A lot of them can do that

Not from a hard drive they can't.

Until yesterday

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. "Giant enemy crab!". "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!!". "Nobody wants their controllers to rumble any more. It's an old technology and a thing of the past". "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars". "You will want to work a second job to get one!" they proclaim to a shocked and stunned audience.

"Feh" I say to Sony's stumble as I stroll into a suburban Circuit City to pay the extra $100 for 40 extra gigs, wi-fi, and 2 more USB ports over the 20GB poverty version. "You never know if you will be in a situation where you need to plug a CompactFlash card into your PS3" I mutter to myself while barely considering my options.

"That will be $649.48" the clerk says. "Would you like to buy an extended warranty for a paltry $199.98?" he inquires as his manager stares him down, performance review in hand. "Heh." I respond. "There's no way that what I'm going to do with this thing wouldn't make that warranty invalid" I retort with a bemused chuckle. He feverishly checks the employee handbook for the script response to that scenario. There aren't any.

I park my Chevy Lumina and lug the brand new PS3 into my dimly-lit domicile (it is a Monday afternoon and no one is home). As tempting as the thought is, I know that opening the prodigious box isn't even an option. I secure it in a closet where even the most seasoned of vagrants or nosy children would never be able to find it. There it sits for several years on its stock firmware. Me, waiting for the day when MaxConsole.net informs me that a hack is available, but you would have had to have been shrewd enough to have not connected it to the internet or updated it at any time in the past 2 years. That day comes, and only those on firmware 3.55 or below can partake in the festivities. An exclusive club with very few members, indeed. I snicker as I get my USB stick ready with PS3UPDATE.PUP and a root beer in hand.

I enjoy my hacked PS3 greatly. I simper as I jump from Jumping Flash 3(j).iso to Final Fantasy X.cue to Final Fantasy XII.bin with just the press of a home button; the wireless controllers only adding to the fun. Three generations of consoles spanning 20 years literally at my fingertips. I sit there, wishing people heard my screams of "DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3!!!!" to no avail. I lay crestfallen during the late hours of the night that my warnings fell on deaf ears. They would never get to experience the joy of opening the MultiMan homebrew app, selecting GTA IV, and having my PS3 incorrectly assume that the DJ Hero disc in the drive was what it said it was.

But alas, the day has come. That day being Thanksgiving of 2017 (it's almost poetic in a way). The PS3's firmware can now be downgraded to the coveted 3.55 firmware no matter how recent your PS3 firmware is thanks to your devil may care attitude in regards to updating. You no longer need a degree in arthroscopic surgery to install the 47-pin progskeet downgrader to enjoy what I have been enjoying for several years. Everyone, no matter where they come from, what social class they belong to, and no matter what fugazi television color encoding system your country uses; everyone gets to enjoy a PS3 that can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made via the 2TB USB hard drive you will undoubtedly have dangling from one of the front-only USB ports.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...released.15500/

Enjoy. I know I have.

Edit: gently caress, beaten!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Liquid Drink posted:

Enjoy. I know I have.

lmfao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Not from a hard drive they can't.

Until yesterday

Shut the gently caress up and suck my loving dick you little bitch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

Enjoy. I know I have.

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-n and-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

Enjoy. I know I have.

Cant wait to play infamous 1 thru 3

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it runs a ps2 emulator? im specifically interested in that cos of stuff like suikoden 5 and other rare games and i dont have the old style one.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Drink posted:

Enjoy. I know I have.

what the hell are the odds of that??

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ps3 and xbox 360 are probably the worst consoles ever made

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Cant wait to play infamous 1 thru 3

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

it runs a ps2 emulator? im specifically interested in that cos of stuff like suikoden 5 and other rare games and i dont have the old style one.

It depends. Some of the 80GB PS3s got rid of the emotion engine that the PS2 used. So only some of the PS2 games will work.

All 20 GB and 60 GB PS3 systems have full PS2 hardware inside of them (if they are the US or Japanese versions) so they will play every single PS2 game. No emulation.

there are no 40 GB PS3 systems that will play PS2 games. Also, there are some 80GB PS3 systems that won't play PS2 games either (those came with Metal Gear Solid).

So if you want to be 100% sure you can play all PS2 games, get a 20 GB or 60 GB Japanese or US ps3 fat.

If you need any help let me know, I will give you a hand

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Ps3 and xbox 360 are probably the worst consoles ever made

I'm going to link you to several Pro Jared videos about the Atari fail Jaguar, fail Phillips CD-i, Panafailic 3DO etc nao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The PS3 has just been hacked no matter what firmware you’re on!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

It depends. Some of the 80GB PS3s got rid of the emotion engine that the PS2 used. So only some of the PS2 games will work.

All 20 GB and 60 GB PS3 systems have full PS2 hardware inside of them (if they are the US or Japanese versions) so they will play every single PS2 game. No emulation.

there are no 40 GB PS3 systems that will play PS2 games. Also, there are some 80GB PS3 systems that won't play PS2 games either (those came with Metal Gear Solid).

So if you want to be 100% sure you can play all PS2 games, get a 20 GB or 60 GB Japanese or US ps3 fat.

If you need any help let me know, I will give you a hand

Can you do all the work for me and load up a 2tb Drive with all the good roms for me. I have an OG 60 gig. Tell me in simple language because I’m literally the feels guy with his head caved in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

Can you do all the work for me and load up a 2tb Drive with all the good roms for me. I have an OG 60 gig. Tell me in simple language because I’m literally the feels guy with his head caved in

Here’s an easy video tutorial

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I Iiek being told imformation like its a early 2000s gbs post where it 100 paragraphs abput a normal date but then the twist is you poo poo your pants and rape your sister now all my 5 and manbabies belogn to you bigpeeler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I Iiek being told imformation like its a early 2000s gbs post where it 100 paragraphs abput a normal date but then the twist is you poo poo your pants and rape your sister now all my 5 and manbabies belogn to you bigpeeler

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The plan was I would carry my PS3 about 2miles to her house, hack the firmware, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. War was beginning.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

The plan was I would carry my PS3 about 2miles to her house, hack the firmware, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
:xd:

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 23, 2018

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

2006: Giant enemy crab, monkey faced president Bush, LCD Soundsystem on the stereo
2017: Kekistan, no games on PS4, Polygon articles about slavery in Shadow of War

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. War was beginning.

The year is 2006. Sony has released their beloved award-winning games console/George Foreman grill.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

The year is 2006. Sony has released their beloved award-winning games console/George Foreman grill.

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The year is 2006. Le me derps around while watching E3 like a sir

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

seems like u can do this even on a 500gb slim ... i wonder if i can decode the insane language of the home brew culture enough to install it without causing a small fire

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want Sony to abandon the Vita so I can use emulators on it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

seems like u can do this even on a 500gb slim ... i wonder if i can decode the insane language of the home brew culture enough to install it without causing a small fire

the trick does not work on the slim just yet. You might need to wait a few days for them to port the trick to it.

the ps3 slim would use 100% emulation for PS2 games. as long as you are OK with things not being 100% (and some games not working at all) you definitely can go that route if you like

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I want Sony to abandon the Vita so I can use emulators on it

Same tbh

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the op's wife left him after he bought 200 super nintendos in an attempt to track down a graphical error no one else could see

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

the trick does not work on the slim just yet. You might need to wait a few days for them to port the trick to it.

the ps3 slim would use 100% emulation for PS2 games. as long as you are OK with things not being 100% (and some games not working at all) you definitely can go that route if you like

It says it works with early slims. You spent so long writing your insane effortpost that your brain pushed out the memory of what you were posting about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Memento guy removes his shirt and looks in the mirror, tattooed on his chest is The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. "Giant enemy crab!". "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!!". "Nobody wants their controllers to rumble any more. It's an old technology and a thing of the past". "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars". "You will want to work a second job to get one!" they proclaim to a shocked and stunned audience.

Enjoy. I know I have.