Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo has fallen on hard times and has been forced to sell his computer.

https://twitter.com/elsangito/status/1053789164867485696?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

In Training posted:

It says in the readme that 3.65 lets you install a "permanent hack" but no really sure what that means, because if you power cycle the console ever you have to relaunch the exploit to start homebrew stuff. I'm dumb about computers though

if you have 3.65 you can install enso and then the hack is no longer tethered and will persist through power cycles. i hope this helps you.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
yeah and there's finally patches now for games that need higher firmwares

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I deleted a dead link, back off!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fail

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

All links are dead links when you don’t connect to the internet

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

why, though?

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Answer carefully OP. the :cb: is strong with this one.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't wanna screw anyone up looking for the ps3 firmware I had linked

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NintendoUncle83: she said she was 30
NintendoUncle83: I had a computer virus

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All links are dead links when you don’t connect to the internet

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

:ohdear:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm on 11.7 and wanna go on 11.8 but it's not letting me, any help? tia

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Yeah I'm on 11.7 and wanna go on 11.8 but it's not letting me, any help? tia

dunno. worked fine for me .. try downloading it manually and installing with FBI. though the luma installer worked ok for me. its probably nothing to do with a nintendo ban

edit: oh you mean system update. dunno .. maybe you were banned. either way you could probably manually install the update

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i realise im outing myself as a hacked 3ds haver, but i already bought all the 3ds games i wanted to play and only persona q2 is coming out, which i will buy anyway cos i sell games when im done with them .. so like .. id like to think of myself as like ... a virtuous software pirate..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
heres my logic .. buy a new copy of the game, play it, sell it, download the game illegally. everyone wins especially me

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a gentleman bandit

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

dunno. worked fine for me .. try downloading it manually and installing with FBI. though the luma installer worked ok for me. its probably nothing to do with a nintendo ban

edit: oh you mean system update. dunno .. maybe you were banned. either way you could probably manually install the update

I don't think there's a way to manually download the update but thank you anyway.

I.N.R.I posted:

i realise im outing myself as a hacked 3ds haver, but i already bought all the 3ds games i wanted to play and only persona q2 is coming out, which i will buy anyway cos i sell games when im done with them .. so like .. id like to think of myself as like ... a virtuous software pirate..

Put snes 9x on it asap. Especially if you are using an n3ds. I can't express how great it looks and plays

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I don't think there's a way to manually download the update but thank you anyway.

Put snes 9x on it asap. Especially if you are using an n3ds. I can't express how great it looks and plays

i did that :-] i agree with you about how good the games look. and there will be sooner or later even if there isnt yet .. there is a site that deals with that stuff though i cant rmember its full URL cos i've never needed it. i'll try to remember for you

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Followed the instructions in this thread on a PS3 with the wrong serial # -- bricked it. :argh:

Picked up an older model from a flea market and managed to get it to work.

Best $50 i've ever blown.

(RIP my old savegames)

Thanks Uncle At Nintendo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Followed the instructions in this thread on a PS3 with the wrong serial # -- bricked it. :argh:

(RIP my old savegames)

Whoa.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best $50 I've ever blown is the OP's mom!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

In Training posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

hacked 3ds is win

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You should buy the games you want to play

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im not paying Nintendo for roms

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ill also buy the dragon quest monsters games ib English once square officially releases them :unsmigghh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Im not paying Nintendo for roms

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

(RIP my old savegames)

Oh that sucks; what happened, you tried to do it on a super slim? There's an emergency recovery mode, did you try to boot into that?

Glad you got it working on the flea market one though!

mysterious loyall X posted:

hacked 3ds is win

have you tried snes games on it in pixel perfect mode yet

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Oh that sucks; what happened, you tried to do it on a super slim? There's an emergency recovery mode, did you try to boot into that?

Glad you got it working on the flea market one though!

have you tried snes games on it in pixel perfect mode yet

As psycho as it is I respect your commitment to making 100% sure nobody misses out on how good SNES games look on hacked New 3ds XL in pixel perfect mode by bringing it up at every possible opportunity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr. Sophistication posted:

As psycho as it is I Love to look at my own ball sack while I get railed by elderly men lmfao

lmfao