Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. "Giant enemy crab!". "It's Ridge Racer. Riiiiidge Racer!!". "Nobody wants their controllers to rumble any more. It's an old technology and a thing of the past". "Five hundred and ninety nine US dollars". "You will want to work a second job to get one!" they proclaim to a shocked and stunned audience.

"Feh" I say to Sony's stumble as I stroll into a suburban Circuit City to pay the extra $100 for 40 extra gigs, wi-fi, and 2 more USB ports over the 20GB poverty version. "You never know if you will be in a situation where you need to plug a CompactFlash card into your PS3" I mutter to myself while barely considering my options.

"That will be $649.48" the clerk says. "Would you like to buy an extended warranty for a paltry $199.98?" he inquires as his manager stares him down, performance review in hand. "Heh." I respond. "There's no way that what I'm going to do with this thing wouldn't make that warranty invalid" I retort with a bemused chuckle. He feverishly checks the employee handbook for the script response to that scenario. There aren't any.

I park my Chevy Lumina and lug the brand new PS3 into my dimly-lit domicile (it is a Monday afternoon and no one is home). As tempting as the thought is, I know that opening the prodigious box isn't even an option. I secure it in a closet where even the most seasoned of vagrants or nosy children would never be able to find it. There it sits for several years on its stock firmware. Me, waiting for the day when MaxConsole.net informs me that a hack is available, but you would have had to have been shrewd enough to have not connected it to the internet or updated it at any time in the past 2 years. That day comes, and only those on firmware 3.55 or below can partake in the festivities. An exclusive club with very few members, indeed. I snicker as I get my USB stick ready with PS3UPDATE.PUP and a root beer in hand.

I enjoy my hacked PS3 greatly. I simper as I jump from Jumping Flash 3(j).iso to Final Fantasy X.cue to Final Fantasy XII.bin with just the press of a home button; the wireless controllers only adding to the fun. Three generations of consoles spanning 20 years literally at my fingertips. I sit there, wishing people heard my screams of "DON'T UPDATE YOUR PS3!!!!" to no avail. I lay crestfallen during the late hours of the night that my warnings fell on deaf ears. They would never get to experience the joy of opening the MultiMan homebrew app, selecting GTA IV, and having my PS3 incorrectly assume that the DJ Hero disc in the drive was what it said it was.

But alas, the day has come. That day being Thanksgiving of 2017 (it's almost poetic in a way). The PS3's firmware can now be downgraded to the coveted 3.55 firmware no matter how recent your PS3 firmware is thanks to your devil may care attitude in regards to updating. You no longer need a degree in arthroscopic surgery to install the 47-pin progskeet downgrader to enjoy what I have been enjoying for several years. Everyone, no matter where they come from, what social class they belong to, and no matter what fugazi television color encoding system your country uses; everyone gets to enjoy a PS3 that can play every PS1, PS2, and PS3 game ever made via the 2TB USB hard drive you will undoubtedly have dangling from one of the front-only USB ports.

I am so happy to be able to share this great news with you all.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-now-install-cfw-from-4-82-ofw-nor-n and-software-flash-writer-nor-dumper-released.15500/

Enjoy. I know I have.

Cant wait to play infamous 1 thru 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ps3 and xbox 360 are probably the worst consoles ever made

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I Iiek being told imformation like its a early 2000s gbs post where it 100 paragraphs abput a normal date but then the twist is you poo poo your pants and rape your sister now all my 5 and manbabies belogn to you bigpeeler

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

The plan was I would carry my PS3 about 2miles to her house, hack the firmware, maybe talk to her a bit while I was there. I was hoping for at least a hug out of this ordeal

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

The year is 2006. Sony has released their beloved award-winning games console/George Foreman grill.

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

the op's wife left him after he bought 200 super nintendos in an attempt to track down a graphical error no one else could see

think you can find my ultimate glitch. i left it on "that" system. -- satoru iwata's dying words.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

The posters in the first two pages of this thread ought to be ashamed of themselves, OP not included of coruse.

gently caress you.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The PS4 was just hacked. You have to be on firmware 4.05, which is from a year ago, proving that my keeping consoles in a closet unused is NOT a mental illness

(I hosed up this time and never got a PS4 :sigh: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_JGWokiIjA

edit: PS4s still on this firmware go for over $450 now lol: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-4-Launch-Edition-firmware-1-76-for-jailbreak/162831763838

Bernie Madoff levels of ROI

finally i can play uh knack 2 and the 10th little big planet for free baby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Guys I have just gotten news that if you buy a new black ps4 pro that you can now hack it no matter what firmware it's on

I am getting further confirmation and will update as it develops

that feel when your psn dashboard is this and you got them all for free

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't play mhw online but as much killzone, knack, and whatever other game was on ps4 in 2013 when it launched 🙏��🙏🙏🙏

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I might finally be able to finish AC0 since my disc is scratched.

hell, playing assassins creed is worth the trouble of hacking your psp3

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

check this out. the thing you have that runs your web browser can also run ps2 games thru the magic of technology

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe yours can .. i only have a laptop though. and its poo poo

sorry

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I won't hack my switch for like 7 years probably but I hope it can run PS2 games.

it can't due to it being literally an android phone https://www.yospos.org for more inforo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i don't have a vita because i'm not retarded.

same but just hte part about no vita

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

This

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fail

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i realise im outing myself as a hacked 3ds haver, but i already bought all the 3ds games i wanted to play and only persona q2 is coming out, which i will buy anyway cos i sell games when im done with them .. so like .. id like to think of myself as like ... a virtuous software pirate..

hacked 3ds is win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Im not paying Nintendo for roms

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ill also buy the dragon quest monsters games ib English once square officially releases them :unsmigghh:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i tried to replay mgs 2 hd but my dual shock 3 controller started flipping out doing the 20000 inputs per second thing which i guess you can fix but i can't find my jewlers screw driver set oops. so i'll probably just emulat mgs 2q and 3 and make a custom setting on the controller with a huge deadzone for the gun drawing bunk. thanks for reading

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mgs 2 hd and mgs3 hd are not compatabile with the dual shock 4 on ps3, but peace walker hd is . why god why

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pressure sensitivity. Topic Locked

the hd games are on the vita and 360 as well, and those don't ahve pressure sensitivity. and pressure sensitivity was a sutpid idea. gently caress you kojima

edit: oh yeah and the 10 fps 3ds port, for an authentic ps4/ps5 style gaming experience

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

make sure you check the box that says "Format with a clue" in the right click format menu

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

can't wait to pirate all the games available on the ps4 now enchaned for the ps4pro

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Len posted:

Is there any reason not to hack my Vita and if I do should I use a throwaway PSN?

you may lose access oto whatever online features the vita has, which are not being shut down anytime soon afaik

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

just mostly because Sony is going to be shutting down those servers that allow you to download psp, vita, and ps3 digital-only game releases, DLC, and stuff like that. Apparently by this summer.

I mean there might be a website that will host all that stuff in the future but I wouldn't count on it. as of right now you can still download delisted games like the Simpsons arcade game from PSNStuff (a windows program) so it already has its benefits even without anything being shut down yet

the simpsons arcade game is a stinky poopoo and should be agressively removed from everything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fuuuuu i cant log on to psn to play all the great(?) Ps3 games(? Huh?) In multiplayer

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

He'll payong 59.99 for the latest sony first party releases is an amazeballs feeling

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

good news, ps5 games are 69.99

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Better make sure to disable the internwt connection on my pse the next time i use it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hackingn a ps 4 would be cool but alas, it has no games much like every console released post-ps2/gamecube/xbox

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

all the games are brown and there's none to play (and there's none to play)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I shall hack a PS4 for crisp unstable 60fps Bloodborne fan patch.

u need a ps4 pro for that i think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wrong. it has tokyo jungle which may or may not run on the emulator atm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got a vita a couple weeks ago and now i'm playing tokimeki memorial 1, tokimemo 2, and takimemo 4 :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

cheemsware

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

try using sram saves and more than one save state op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Len posted:

Look buddy. It's Chrono trigger, one save state is too many

if its crashing you should probalby use save states. simple as.