Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Does honesty make this guy a villain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Crowsbeak posted:

The episode where like half the kids from Terry's school get put away by the guy voiced by Jon Ritter always seemed hosed up. Because it just scared me that parents would in affect abandon their children to someone else like that.

Is that the one with the 'reform' school that's basically a brainwashing camp? Those are absolutely real. I loved the girl at the end when her parents came to pick her up after it was revealed how lovely the school was and she just walked past them like 'gently caress you for putting me through this'.

Kinda funny how this show came out of a 'Batman in high school' pitch.

Also the government is employing shapeshifting Terminators with unlimited budgets to kill and impersonate people. And when one stops killing people, that's a big problem.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
I just started to wonder what tapping that inky rear end is like? That is if Inque let you do that and stuff.

Also Batman Beyond is cool and good, animated series is just moreso.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Two Free Toppings posted:

I couldn't live in a world where boys are allowed to be named Terry.

I hope Terry Crews shows up at your house and gives you a wedgie for writing this.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

batman beyond was cool except for that goddamn wailing guitar

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

we need to reclaim the name bruce fromt he cucks anc thefeminists

Caufman
May 7, 2007

I remember this pathology from Mindhunters.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Batman Beyond was good but at the time I didn't like the way he worse-than-murdered some of the badguys.

Why did he jab that Chimera guy with more splicer stuff? Why'd he turn him into a fleshmonster? Was that really the best solution??? I mean I don't think leaving people in a ruined nightmarish hell instead of a human body is very Batman.

Same thing with slapping extra venom slappers on that doctor muscle guy. I mean that was pretty much his gimmick. Dosing badguys extra hard with whatever awful stuff they were peddling. It was an accident with Powers (why he ended up Blight), but he just kept doing it and Bruce never made him stop.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually he literally makes the sound guy go deaf and he electrocuted the robot golem kid ha ha, Terry what a bat-dick lol

The JLU tie was trash because t retcons Terry into being a clone and makes his dad’s murder like totally meaningless

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I liked Beyond but was not a fan of Dana. She kept finding new ways of being boring and episodes she appeared in did not need her to, really.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Smeesh Dana ruled.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dana did get kidnapped by the creepy rat guy incel and killed more rats than Batman did.

It's Max who dragged down every episode she was in.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Batman Beyond was good but at the time I didn't like the way he worse-than-murdered some of the badguys.

Why did he jab that Chimera guy with more splicer stuff? Why'd he turn him into a fleshmonster? Was that really the best solution??? I mean I don't think leaving people in a ruined nightmarish hell instead of a human body is very Batman.

Same thing with slapping extra venom slappers on that doctor muscle guy. I mean that was pretty much his gimmick. Dosing badguys extra hard with whatever awful stuff they were peddling. It was an accident with Powers (why he ended up Blight), but he just kept doing it and Bruce never made him stop.

here's the rear end in a top hat who wants a kids cartoon to be even more lame and childlike

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Inescapable Duck posted:

Dana did get kidnapped by the creepy rat guy incel and killed more rats than Batman did.

It's Max who dragged down every episode she was in.

ya but she was the first black manic pixie dreamgirl

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bust Rodd posted:

The JLU tie was trash because t retcons Terry into being a clone and makes his dad’s murder like totally meaningless

I hated this too. It made the idea of Batman weirdly aristocratic like there was something special about Bruce's DNA to make people awesome crimefighters.

Beyond the series was cool and probably was the best possible outcome for the studio directive to make a younger, hipper Batman. Return of the Joker blows the TV series away though. I always thought it was funny how the world of Batman went from brownstones and Studebakers to Akira skylines and flying cars in like 50 years.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

AbbadonOfHell posted:

I just started to wonder what tapping that inky rear end is like? That is if Inque let you do that and stuff.

Also Batman Beyond is cool and good, animated series is just moreso.

You ever stick your dick in a bowl of pudding?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

You need to rewatch that episode because it was pretty much the opposite point of that.

Amanda Waller rewrote Terry's dna because she felt that there should always be a Batman (of Wayne lineage) but their plan to recreate his tragic backstory didn't happen because the Phantasm didn't go through with it. It happens anyway without their interference and they make a big point about how Terry's father raising him is what makes him who he is and not new DNA dad so his death will always have meaning.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hey c'mon c'mon!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
One of my favorites was the episode where the sound guy tried to drive Bruce Wayne crazy by making him hear voices. He knew the voices weren't his because they kept calling him Bruce, and he stopped calling himself that long ago.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Command Ant posted:

One of my favorites was the episode where the sound guy tried to drive Bruce Wayne crazy by making him hear voices. He knew the voices weren't his because they kept calling him Bruce, and he stopped calling himself that long ago.

Think that was the first episode I ever saw and yes, it owned.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Anybody know if this is streaming somewhere? I wouldn’t mind rewatching it and my younger two kids would probably dig it.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

killmeimmafailure posted:

Remember the episode with the guy made of goo who had to be fed by his nurse? That gave me nightmares for a long time

it's not a coincidence that people from here would easily relate to that character by the way

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

R-Type posted:

it's not a coincidence that people from here would easily relate to that character by the way

Yeah well all your favorite artists were nuts too so I’d say it’s nbd

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Skypie posted:

How many people would become splicers though

hell yeah sign me up

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Revenge surgery.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Command Ant posted:

At the end of that episode, Terry does the Batman voice and says something like, "It's my name now." and I just wanted Bruce to slap him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Terry dunking on Bruce was always hilarious.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
To tie this into the other 90s nostalgia thread we got going. Animorphs. It was seeing this show at age ten that made me realize why I was not into the Animorphs TV series so much. This show was just the right amount of dark,and you had villains that morphed and poo poo,and it made me realize that it was ridiculous that there had been a live action Animorphs.

Also the hush dude who hosed with Bruce Wayne with sound waves was my favorite of Terry's nemesis's. Although this show wouldn't be nearly as memorable without Return of the Joker.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I don't know, but I remember being absolutely horrified at that when my 15ish-year-old self saw it. Jesus Christ, what a horrible fate, being turned into that lopsided, multi-eyed, gurgling monster.

On a more positive note, everything good already mentioned about it this show and Mad Stan. Focus on the good (BLOW IT UP!) and not the bad (that episode with the rat guy in the sewer).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You gotta give that dude credit.
"I don't want to be rich and powerful beyond all of man's earthly desires. I want people to be loving dinosaurs." is a bold career choice.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Tolkien minority posted:

When I was a kid I was always annoyed when they played batman beyond instead of the animated series because batman beyond hardly had real batman in it

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(Terry_McGinnis)
Ctrl+F " Later in his career as Batma "

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah that JLU tiein thing loving sucked poo poo.

Also everyone in Terry's Rogues' Gallery had a habit of dying hideously.

The splicer dude just straight up explodes and dies if I recall. The dude with the particle phasing belt falls through into the center of the earth. There's a guy who gets buried alive and turned into a stationary monster by magic cartoon chemicals and he dies too. The guy who turns Bane's venom formula into a performance enhancing drug gets massively OD'd. Ra's al Ghul swaps his mind into his daughter's body, killing her, then he dies. He turns the dude who ordered his dad's killing into a screaming radioactive skeleton. Then he permanently deafens a dude. I think there's more than that even.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fabricated posted:

The splicer dude just straight up explodes and dies if I recall. The dude with the particle phasing belt falls through into the center of the earth. There's a guy who gets buried alive and turned into a stationary monster by magic cartoon chemicals and he dies too. The guy who turns Bane's venom formula into a performance enhancing drug gets massively OD'd. Ra's al Ghul swaps his mind into his daughter's body, killing her, then he dies. He turns the dude who ordered his dad's killing into a screaming radioactive skeleton. Then he permanently deafens a dude. I think there's more than that even.
So that is where Zack Snyder looked for inspiration.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Fabricated posted:

Yeah there's like a dozen plus. There's an image macro but I can't find it.

Edit: here.

Edit edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft6mNPeqa6Y

Volcott fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 26, 2017

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Magius1337est posted:

here's the rear end in a top hat who wants a kids cartoon to be even more lame and childlike

It was the reason I didn't like it as a kid, but kay.

I mean, hey, maybe when you were a kid you loved murder and disfigurement.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

It was the reason I didn't like it as a kid, but kay.

I mean, hey, maybe when you were a kid you loved murder and disfigurement.

You were an incredibly lame and boring child.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

im the guy calling other people childish in a thread about a literal children's cartoon

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Another thing about the cyborg doctor episode(revenge surgery). One of the thugs had both arms and legs replaced with saws, then Terry found the kill phase and destoryed the gang's augs. Saw dude is leg and arm less now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The animated adventures of batman and robin were for manly men.

This batman Beyond poo poo is for babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The deaf guy got off super easy because he was still able to use hearing aids.

• Locked thread