Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We!

Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Why Vote for Sirtan Revolutionary Liberation Front?

Because only by one way may we find our freedom and throw off the yoke of our oppressors.
Only by one way may we seize our right and our prize.
Only by one way may we see our chains rent asunder.
Only by one way may we destroy the ravages of hunger and poverty
Only by one way may we grant our children the morrow
Only by one way may we crush the remnants of bourgeoisie decadence and abuse

Only by unity may we succeed. Unity as comerades! So come, all workers of Sirta! Come, all workers of the world; workers of every world! Stand with us!
You have nothing to loose but your chains, and you have a world to win!

Workers of Sirta, UNITE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

AJ_Impy posted:

Join the Unity Coalition today!

Ah, but commerade, what is your Praxis? What do you give to the world that isn't plattitudes and empty rethorik? You make promises, but you have no way of fulfilling them, nothing but slogans and empty rethorik, no may to achieve your goals and no Praxis! Why do you quarrel with us, the true torchbearers of the revolution? If you truely seek unity, join with us at the SLRF and together we shall have the morrow!

- Comrade Kropotkin

Magnusth fucked around with this message at Nov 30, 2017 around 14:58

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

AJ_Impy posted:

To whom do you think I was extending the invitation to the Unity Coalition? My doors are always open, and joining your strength to ours can only benefit both. The Unity Coalition is a broad church.

Again, i must ask: What is your Praxis? How will you aid the people?

- Comrade Kropotkin

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

Now that the election is over, i would like to officially join the SLRF

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

What are the current tax rates for income and corporate taxes?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

The following is an excerpt of an interview with Comrade Kropotkin of the SLRF conducted shortly after the fall of Greene. The interview itself is long and covers many subjects, but his excerpt concerns Kropotkin's role in the CLF

Klara Whitberg, Journalist: Mr. Kropotkin, can you start by giving us a description of why you joined the CLF and what you did there?

Comrade Kropotkin: Please, just call me ‘Kropotkin.' As for why I joined the CLF, that is a funny question - i didn't, really. When i joined up, we were still debating what to call ourselves. In the spirit the question was intended, however, the answer is simple. I come from a small town mostly built around several semiautomated farming complexes. But after Greene took over, as a part of his bid to secure his power, he confiscated much of the food produced in those complexes and imposed heavy but specific taxes and fines aimed at funneling food towards cheam resale in the major population centres. People like me, my friends and family, were forced to starve even though we were the ones producing the food. So we protested and fought it, and when that didn't work, well, we raided the local police station, took to arms, and kicked Greene's goons out. Soon, we heard that others had done the same in other towns, and began organizing. That's how the CLF started, really. People organizing against a cruel state that would starve them to death.

KW: And then, once the CLF was formed, what did you do then? What was your daily life like?

CK: Well, at first, i was very much an active combatant. Our main targets were transports of food and munitions, things we needed to arm ourselves and feed the people. But i've always been a writer and communicator, and it soon became obvious that we needed someone to gather and dissiminate knowledge and tactics, create recruiting material, and train both dedicated members and the populace at large to fight, and that became my role. Many people will recognize my name, Kropotkin, as the author of many of our fliers and recruitment material, but that's not all i made. Often, we would be contacted by a local militia which had just rebelled and needed help; i wrote the manuals on tactics and strategy and communications protocols we circulated internally, and when some new town or village started rebelling and contacted us, i - or one of the others i worked with - would be sent to brief them on the command structure and communication protocol. For quite a while, i believe there was a significant price on my head for that.

KW: I see. And during that early time when you were still an active combatant, did you ever kill anyone?

CK: I don't want to give you the wrong impression; even when i had a role as writer and recruiter, i often got into combat situations. Greene's goons would often retaliate while i was in some small town to brief our new members; twice my transport got attacked by regime forces, and sometimes there were simply too few hands to go around and i had to get my hands dirty.
As for the meat of your question, yes. Many times. Sometimes directly, shooting guards defending a target or soldiers attacking a town. At other times, a bomb we would plant would kill a train full of soldiers, or a poisoned wine would kill an officer or a corrupt official.

KW: Thank you for clarifying that. And during these operations, did you ever witness anyone committing grievous atrocities and war crimes - on either side?

CK: Yes, often. The Greene regime would often use weapons and tactics forbidden by the Solar Union Treaty on Extreme Cruelty and Crimes of War. Gassing towns known to harbor CLF militants, poisoning food stores, stealing foreign aid meant to help the starving masses. And as the war went on, it got nastier. We suspect that two or three towns got hit with IDS plagues, and there are a number of known uses of nanite trojans.

KW: ‘IDS plagues' and ‘nanite trojans'? I'm not sure all of our viewers are familiar with these terms, so could you clarify?

CK: Yes, of course. An IDS plague is an Induced Depression and Suicide plague, a specially engineered virus that targets certain parts of the brains of its victim to induce depression and suicidal thoughts to an extreme degree. Often, it'll take a day or two to spread through a town, but by then, the first suicide or two will have occured, which can spark a chain reaction. Suicide is even more on everyone's mind, and people close to the deceased will often commit suicide the same day, further sending everyone spiralling into grief and depression. Often, it is less than half a week from the first suicide until the entire infected population is dead. A nanite trojan concists of spiking a person's blood stream and organs with a large amount of nanites which will later be activated, kill the person, and spread out, killing everyone in the area. What the regime would do was spike prisoners' blood and organs, alter their memories with induced memory technology - another thing outlawed for use against combatants by the Solar Union Treaty - and let them believe they'd escaped, only to have the nanites activate on their return to CLF. I saw that happen once, personally; I was in another room, and very lucky to survive.

KW: And the CLF? Did any of your ‘comrades' ever commit any atrocities? The stories that filtered down to us in the urban centres through Greene's media painted the CLF as quite brutal, but i think many people would be interested in hearing a different side of the story.

CK: it goes without saying that Greenes media was mostly Lies and propaganda. However, i am here to inform, so let me give you the truth. The CLF always did what it could to avoid civilian casualties, but that wasn't always possible. That said, i am aware of two missions which resulted in the mas killing of our friends and family among the people. One was an unfortunate accident caused by misinformation, which resulted in a civilian train being derailed. The other was a rogue cell using an illegal nanite swarm weapon. It's leadership was discovered and eliminated by the CLF. I saw what those bastards did to innocents, and i want to state in the strongest terms possible that the CLF NEVER condoned such tactics. With the formation of a SLRF-lead government, i will do all in my power to make sure that those wronged by the actions of such rogue members will be compensated.

KW: I see. Thank you for your honesty. Now, you have certainly expressed you opinions on those among the CLF who -

CK: The rogue traitors to CLF ideals, yes

KW: The rogue traitors to CLF ideals who turned upon civilians, yes. But what do you think should be done about SDF soldiers who commited such crimes and attrocities.

CK: That's simple. Prison labour for life, and a blanket prohibition on them ever getting an AMR. I don't believe in the death penalty, and neither do i wish to work them to death - such are the tools of the regime. But with a lifetime of labour to aid in the rebuilding and growth of Sirta, they might still do some small good for our planet.

KW: I see. Do you then support a Truth and Reconciliation commision as suggested by the Forward Development Group?

CK: I am vary about giving the guardian council too much say in our democratic processes, but beyond that point, i have no significant opposition to such a commision. We shall work with the other parties of government to create a process of justice and the elimination of corruption that is amicable to all, i am sure.

KW: I am looking forward to seeing what shakes out on that front. But now that we are talking politics and government, i must ask you why you chose to retire from the CLF and join the SLRF?

CK: I didn't so much retire to join the SLRF as the SLRF simply split ways with the CLF. I and others, who would go on to found the SLRF formerly, were already talking and thinking during the war, about how best to continue the struggle for independence for every worker and every plain citizen of Sirta once the arms were laid down and peacetime begun. Then, when peacetime happened, we found that we had other priorities than the mainline of the DAL, the official political wing of the CLF, so we split of, amicably, and formed our own party.

KW: I see. With your differing views, what do you think of the DAL then?

CK: I've taken laser blasts for several people in the DAL, and they for me. The scars still ache, and several of them nearly killed me. I would do so in a heartbeat again for any of them, and I am confident that my friends and comrades in the DAL would do the same for me.

KW: I see. Thank you Kropotkin. It was a pleasure interviewing you.

CK: No, the pleasure was mine. The people of Sirta deserve to know the full account of the events of the war.

Magnusth fucked around with this message at Dec 4, 2017 around 00:58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature!

Å fundet alternative: bedre å citizen journalist and dø interviews With ud.