Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.
Voting for Sirta Democratic Union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Arkham Dixit
Minister of Foreign Affairs

To: Office of the Prime Minister, Parliament Accounts
CC: Denver Axo

Hello! Hello.

It is so good to be representing you all on the interstellar stage. I am, of course, Arkham Dixit (DICE-it), the new Member of Parliament -- "At Large," of course! -- for the Sirtan Democratic Union. I come to you from Opal, where we are becoming quite successful collectively! Indeed, as an MP I intend to serve government and society -- which are the same -- to the fullest extent of my capacity. As such, I am happy to additionally announce my appointment as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, thanks to the gracious and insightful wisdom of the Party, and the assistance of the capable Compaņero Axo. In the coming days, there will be a smooth and painless transition period as we add staff members to the ministry, appoint deputies, and consult with all caucuses and members regarding outstanding business beyond the borders of the State of Sirta. I think we will have much to talk about as we honor our past, and pursue our future!

Signed,
Compaņero Dixit

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

tatankatonk posted:

Denver Axo
Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs

Memorandum for the Reorganization of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Effective immediately, I am appointing the directors of all existing departments within the Ministry to a temporary transition team that will oversee the restructuring of the Ministry into the following Offices (budget allocations attached):

Office of Foreign Service

The OFS shall handle all diplomatic and consular functions, and represent the Sirtan government abroad. It is also responsible for housing and transporting visiting foreign dignitaries, and co-ordinating with foreign embassies for joint public events or appearances.

Budget: 40%

Office of Foreign Communications

The OFC is responsible for continuing the work of the former Interstellar Communications Department, and will operate a fleet of unarmed courier ships to exchange information between the SCN and foreign communications networks. It is also responsible for the safe transport of Foreign Affairs personnel between planets.

Budget: 40%

Office of Foreign Research & Analysis

The OFRA shall receive reports from the OFS and OFC, and other relevant government bodies, and use all received information to provide an accurate picture of the priorities, status, and intent of foreign states. The analyses of the OFRA are to be considered sensitive information and will not be made public barring extraordinary circumstances.

Budget: 10%

Office of Foreign Trade Development

The OFTD shall be tasked with promoting investment opportunities in domestic industries to foreign investors, identifying investment opportunities abroad for domestic firms and the Sirtan government, and providing up to date information on all foreign trade regulations to the public.

Budget: 5%

Office of Strategic Planning

The OSP shall be tasked with developing long-term development and security plans using data gained from Complex Systems simulations, AI assistance, and information produced by the OFC and OFRA.

Budget: 5%

FROM THE DESK OF MINISTER DIXIT

To: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Aurora Campos
Subject: Hello!

Greetings, Aurora!

We spoke earlier on three occasions and I quite enjoyed our chats. I am confirming your position as Deputy Minister and then fully instating you as Chief Deputy Minister in recognition of your wide knowledge of the ministry's function and the longstanding relationship between our two parties. This is the official memorandum appointing you the direct reporting officer in charge of the Office of Foreign Service, and authorizing you to organize and appoint your officers as you see fit, with the sole directive they conform to the appropriate party ratios observed by the coalition in Parliament. We will speak supplementally about new functions being added to the ministry's calendar at the appropriate date. Thank you again for your dedication! Together, we rise!

Signed,
Compaņero Dixit

To: Xolo Madriera
Subject: Our Discussions

Hello, Xolo!

As we've discussed at length, I am offering you full operation control over the Office of Foreign Communications in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. My apologies for the delay; your private security status necessitated some additional clearances and checks. You understand.

Your responsibilities will be wide-ranging and discretionary, but broadly speaking they are comprised of communications intelligence, communications counter-intelligence, and personnel security duties. You will review the current state of readiness in the OFC and then assemble three teams to address these duties, composed either from currently-serving OFC officers or your own selections, as you and the relevant commanding officers see fit. Your budget has been outlined and you have full hiring control.

Welcome to the Ministry! We're counting on you. Don't make this another Sard. Especially not in Sard. I live there now.

Signed,
Compaņero Dixit

To: Director Charlotte Howe
Subject: We Are Live

Charlotte --

I am working on the budget as we speak; if the OFC doesn't use its allocation, I might be able to move some of those funds to you. Regardless, you're being promoted to Deputy Minister. I need you to have a title with weight when you're in a room and I'm not. And yes, that's me talking around you deserving it. Politics are what they are; trust Aurora when you can, and keep me out of the loop when you need to. At this juncture all research needs to be directed at the Outer Alliance with specific focus on cultural exchange and external financial investment in cultural projects. We'll discuss further later.

-- A.

Miloš, my friend!

Did we ever think we would be at such glittering crossroads? No, we did not! But, as I have always told you, in the Party there is opportunity, and what are we? We are in the Party. This is an official letter of memorandum confirming that you are the new head of my Office of Foreign Trade Development, as we had discussed. Salary and benefit details will be handled later, through the Parliament offices, and of course, you will be given your choice of how to route them. I need you on the front line, Miloš, making things happen with these foreign star-dogs. You are the man that can make things happen now, not me. I will have you in touch with Deputy Minister Howe and our new head of security as soon as we're through with the paperwork and the Parliament. To all those reading this, Miloš Kozlova, the man bearing a state passport by the same name, is a fully authorized agent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the State of Sirta. Following are my official seal and sign.

[A strangely cute scrawling, transferred onto a stamp]
MINISTER ARKHAM DIXIT

To: Hoa Đāi
CC: Deputy Minister Charlotte Howe
Subject: Introductions

Mrs. Dai --

I wanted to touch base after our long layoff. I've included Charlotte Howe on this -- you've met twice before, if I recall, and once officially -- and I wanted to make you the formal offer of the position of Director of the Office of Strategic Planning for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The budget limits this office to you and as far as you can stretch it; I suspect four subordinates is likely. As I've told Charlotte, I'm seeing what I can do on the money front. But based on what I've seen and read from you while in MP Khanam's office, along with Charlotte's recommendation, I think you can function more capably with less budgetary drag and make the bigger picture here sing.

The decision to leave your current position and join the ministry is yours. MP Khanam will eventually see this missive in the course of routine government document disclosure; I take responsibility for any conflict and will face it with the MP and the Party head-on. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and I await your decision.

Signed,
Compaņero Dixit

Crion fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 17, 2018

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

tatankatonk posted:

Denver Axo
Minister of Finance

1. Guardian Council's Nominations for the Peace and Justice Commission. Aye to all

2. First Amendment to the Bank Act, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

3. Deposit Insurance Act, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

4. Bill of Rights, submitted by Leader of Opposition Lorenzo Shimizu. Nay

5. Vast Heaven Headquartering Act, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

6. Labor Act of 3063, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

7. Financial Advisor Act, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

Proposals under consideration in local governments:

Panorama:

1. Panorama April 3063 Budget Proposal, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

2. Panorama Chemical Company Investment Act, submitted by Minister of Finance Denver Axo. Aye

MP Arkham Dixit votes the Comrade Finance Minister's slate.