Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PortalFreak
Oct 29, 2016

God's true gift to mankind is 007 Nightfire for the Nintendo GameCube.
So I'm not entirely sure if this is the right part of the forums to ask this, but I've been planning on selling my old Alienware 15 laptop (yeah yeah I know). I've determined what I should sell it at ($899-$1,000 used, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I just like to be sure lmao) and how to present it (pics, specs, etc), but I just need to figure out one more thing; would it be better to sell it via Ebay or Craigslist? I want to be sure I actually sell it and get a good chance of doing so. Would I have a better chance of selling it thru Ebay or Craigslist? If it matters, I live in the Southern Portland, Maine area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like selling things directly through forums. Craigslist has "I know you wanted money, but I've got this rusted solid engine that's been sitting in a creek for 5 years, would you take that?" Ebay takes 13%. Forums you're just paying the Paypal fee and no one on forums wants to be the guy who's known for making weird offers. You can just give a spec rundown and have the item with your forum name written on a card in a photo, any extra details are a bonus like the battery works great or it's never been left in a car to freeze overnight. Don't just shotgun blast every forum you can think of though, make sure you know their style and rules.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

craig588 posted:

Craigslist has "I know you wanted money, but I've got this rusted solid engine that's been sitting in a creek for 5 years, would you take that?"
I list everything as "cash only" and if someone offers a trade then their e-mail just gets deleted with no reply. Just end any conversation the second that it starts veering into bullshit (payment-other-than-cash, shipping, delays...). The biggest problem I've had with Craigslist is no-shows.

• Locked thread