Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Only if Undead Vince gets the same makeup person who did Evil Ash in Army of Darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It’s really hard to book a McMahon I go or not have the McMahons feuding in it, which means Triple H and Stephanie.

Alternately:
It turns out Nailz had broken out of prison and blown up the limo. He appears on RAW, older and wiser, and with the old WWF logo on his forehead.

He is immediately arrested.

At his in ring trial, he explains he was going to blame Mohammad Hassan, intending to start a race war.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Turns out Mordecai blew up the limo in his crusade against evil.
Vince rises from the dead with an army of undead wrestlers (A bunch of masked wrestlers wearing the ring gear of deceased superstars)
Mordecai and the Undertaker are forced to team up to send the unquiet spirits back to the afterlife.
Main event of the next PPV is The Undertaker and Mordecai vs. Undead Eddy Guerrero and Undead Brian Pillman.
Then WWE dies because holy poo poo.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Rebook Rey Mysterio's title run in a way that honors Eddie and makes Rey seem like a competent champ.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

OldTennisCourt posted:

Rebook Rey Mysterio's title run in a way that honors Eddie and makes Rey seem like a competent champ.

Have him...win more??

For real, book him competently as a giant killer/fighting champ. Rey is a great babyface that can hold the crowd as a scrappy never-say-die champ. He can still lose the title to Booker or whomever through dubious means, but at least he wouldn't look like a total chump in the process.

Here's one: let's say Owen doesn't die in 99 (accident can occur or not, but he survives). Book him to win the WWF title by Mania 2000.

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 1, 2017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Here is where the simple answer would be.
Rather than a near year-long whodunit. Have it be Owen who hits Austin with the car on Mr. McMahon's behest.
In exchange, Owen is the new corporate figurehead and he beats Big Show at the RR for the WHT.

Of course, this by necessity has to lead to an Owen/Austin match and Austin understandably wasn't willing to work with Hart.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Or you have Rikishi do it, but have it be Owen who contracted him. You can have Austin take on Rikishi while Owen is safely away from Austin in case he doesn't want to work with him. Hopefully they can mend fences and go toe to toe later.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Book the Lex Express in 93 where Lex Luger ends up staying over but will not win the title till Wrestlemania X

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Book the Lex Express in 93 where Lex Luger ends up staying over but will not win the title till Wrestlemania X

The only thing that has to change is reverse the orders of the matches at Wrestlemania X and have Luger actually win. This all hinges on Luger not blabbing (allegedly) that he is booked to win the title at Wrestlemania X.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The cutoff is two years back for this, and conveniently there is a perfect point of discussion just beyond that range: The fallout to Survivor Series 2014.

During the PPV's main event, Team Authority vs Team Cena, we witnessed a shocking and unexpected conclusion: Long-time fan favorite Dolph Ziggler, in a truly spectacular performance, became the Sole Survivor and ended The Authority by overcoming a 3-on-1 disadvantage and a blatant attempted screwjob. This screwjob that was foiled by the first WWE appearance of the legendary Sting. The ending was fresh, exciting, and had people wondering what would happen next.

One month later, TLC 2014 would be arguably the worst PPV of the Post-Shield period, and two months later Roman Reigns would begin our current living nightmare by getting the Royal Rumble audience to boo The Rock. It is probably no exaggeration to say that Survivor Series 2014 was the last chance to avoid The Darkest Timeline.

Your challenge: Book your way to Wrestlemania 31, and change history for the better, as much or as little as you like.

Your landscape:
-Roman Reigns is currently injured, but will return in one month at TLC and continue his interrupted top-level push. However, you are not bound to have him win the Rumble.
-WWE Champion Brock Lesnar is currently scheduled to face #1 Contender John Cena at the Royal Rumble. Brock will not appear until the build for that show. Cena has a critical bit of storyline baggage: the exclusive power to bring Triple H and the rest of the Authority back from exile.
-Noteworthy Singles Heels: Seth Rollins is Mr. Money In The Bank. Bray Wyatt is trying to rebuild from being buried by Cena. US Champion Rusev is stoking anti-Russian sentiment like its 1985, and has never been pinned or submitted. IC Champion Luke Harper is still alienated from his former master. The Big Show turned heel last night by punching John Cena and almost costing his team the Main Event. Corporate Kane is the highest ranking on-screen authority figure with Steph and Hunter gone.
-Noteworthy Singles Faces: Dean Ambrose was recently robbed of his revenge for the Shield Breakup. Dolph Ziggler is the hottest he's been since his MITB cash-in. Sting is still in good physical shape and ready to wrestle, and the crowd is rabid for him after his arrival. Ryback and Erik Rowan had solid showings the night before, and the crowd has proven to be weirdly behind both big-men, especially in association with Ziggler.
-The Tag Division: The Miz and Damian Mizdow have just won the title, and the crowd is in love with the act. Other than the established teams of Gold and Stardust and The Usos the division is a shambles of gag teams, but Tyson Kidd and Cesaro are about to team up, vignettes have promised the immanent debut of The New Day, and The Ascension are set to be called up from NXT.
-The Divas Division: Nikki Bella just won the title and is about to start the biggest career renaissance since Mark Henry's Hall of Pain run. Brie Bella mostly serves as her minion. AJ Lee will have her final match at Mania, and four women are vying to fill the void: Paige, Naomi, Natalya and Emma
-Important Notes: Daniel Bryan is healed up and ready to fight. Randy Orton is done filming his poo poo movie and can be back at any time. The Undertaker, despite losing The Streak to Brock the year before, will return for Mania. Finally, with NXT about to take off like a rocket, current champion Adrian Neville is ready to come up to the main roster.

BONUS OPTIONS:
1) Keep Vince's plan to have Roman win the Rumble and face Brock at Mania, and make it work with these restrictions: NO using Seth and the Briefcase as an escape hatch, NO keeping Bryan on the shelf until after the Rumble, and NO turning Roman heel.
2) Screw the obvious alternative choice of Bryan: book someone unexpected to face The Conqueror for the title!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What a clear writeup! Not sure I can answer it but it’s amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

SatoshiMiwa posted:

After the July 4 bodyslam, Yokozuna is scared as poo poo. He won't let it show, mind you, he'll act tough, but Mr. Fuji uses every trick in the book to make sure Luger does not get a fair shot at the title. Summerslam, Yoko faces and goes over Mr. Perfect. Luger is temporarily diverted into a feud with, uh, let's say Bam Bam Bigelow, which he wins. Survivor Series '93, Luger captains a team against Yokozuna on a big patriotism kick, similar to what happened, but keep the emphasis on Yokozuna rather than Ludwig Borgia. (Hint: I'm convinced nation vs. nation angles only really work when the other nation is one we have some kind of tension with, as opposed to Finland.) Luger's team wins, but again he never directly faces Yokozuna. Luger wins the Royal Rumble clean and there's nowhere else for Yokozuna to go.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i do everything the same as vince did except i fire dolph ziggler

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd have Bryan return on the Raw following TLC to save Cena from Brock and Rollins. Have him than challenge Brock for his title cause he never lost. Roman returns but instead of cutting a long promo just glares at the camera and leaves. His first match back is a quick Superman punch/spear match. On the Jan 5th Raw where Kane/Rollins attacked Edge in attempt to bring HHH back have Sting make the save so the authority is still gone. Realizing that Guest GM's can't handle the job Cena appoints...Sting as GM.

Rumble title match would be changed to being Brock vs Daniel, and we'd have Rollins vs Cena for the briefcase. Rollins win his match with the help of J&J security and the post match has Rusev beating down Cena to destroy and American icon. Brock/Bryan is a classic Big man/Small man match that Bryan almost comes close to winning but Brock is able to escape the Yes lock and hit two F5's for the Win. Reigns wins the Rumble as originally planned out.

Before Fastlane as Masked Man (HHH) tries to attack Sting and interfere in Raw business. Sting fights him off but is unable to reveal how it is. Rollins continues to try a bring back HHH as an authority figure, saying during interview "WWE needs someone to rule it". He challenges Sting and Dolph and Ryback to a match at Fastlane with the winner being the team that can pick the GM. Dean is still challenging for the IC title but instead of being wacky he ends up being more...brutal in matches. Using more weapons and going just a bit over the edge. Roman Reigns still faces Bryan for the Mania match though he still mostly says nothing and just glares at the camera, mostly winning quickly with Spears.

Fastlane happens and results are mostly the same except Dean gets DQ'ed for being too violent and the Authority team loses when Sting pins Kane. Masked man tries to attack and is revealed to be HHH. Next night on Raw Rollins and Kane comes out and again get in the face of Sting. Sting calls them out on using HHH. Rollins says that HHH is a better wrestler than Sting and can prove it in the ring. Sting challenges HHH to prove it at Wrestlemania. Rollins says HHH won't do it unless Sting puts the GM role on the line. Sting agree's but says HHH needs to risk something as well. The next week on Raw HHH shows up and says while he'd gladly face Sting he doesn't need to put anything on the line. Rollins interrupts and says what do you have to lose, you'll end up beating him anyway. HHH hesitates and Sting comes in and goads him into accepting a stipulation. If Sting loses, HHH becomes the GM again. If Sting wins HHH will be off Raw forever and only allowed on NXT. But Sting turns to Rollins and says Seth should face a match too, and books Seth vs Daniel Bryan for the briefcase at Wrestlemania. Also Dean gets booked in the IC ladder match for mania.

Roman continues his path of hitting spears and winning quick on opponents. When ever asked about Brock he has quick comments and just glares at the pair.

Wrestlemania happens, and the result would be the same except for Dean wins the IC title Ladder match with an especially brutal closing sequence. Sting vs HHH ends up with Sting winning but HHH ends up doing enough damage to force Sting off the shelf for months due to injury. Rollins manages to barely beat Bryan. He promises that his night isn't over yet while pointing to the briefcase. In the main event, Roman manages to beat Brock after kicking out of an F5 and hitting three spears for the win after Brock kicks out of the first one and a Superman punch. At the end we see Seth heading down to the ring, holding the briefcase. As he heads over to ref Dean runs in and gets inbetween Roman and gets in Seth's face. As the three stare each other down, Brock starting to get up and looking to destroy Roman the three turn, give each other Shield fist bump and turn to Triple Bomb Brock through the table.

Next night on Raw the Shield lead of the show and reveal Seth turn was a long plan to purge the WWE of it's bad elements and to truly allow the Hounds of Justice to rule over the WWE. They claim they'll be Judge, Juror and GM over the show and if anyone has any objections to come into the ring and face the hounds of Justice.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Next night on Raw the Shield lead of the show and reveal Seth turn was a long plan to purge the WWE of it's bad elements and to truly allow the Hounds of Justice to rule over the WWE. They claim they'll be Judge, Juror and GM over the show and if anyone has any objections to come into the ring and face the hounds of Justice.

Oooh, this is a beauty. Rollins' turn as a long con to get rid of Triple H in a way that went beyond just beating him and Evolution in a match is brilliant. It also presents some interesting opportunities with the Top Guy now being a unit in the vein of the Four Horsemen, but Face rather than heel. Here's how I would follow this up:

The guys who come out to answer The Shield are newly minted US Champion John Cena, Daniel Bryan and The Undertaker, the three biggest guns the company has to offer. At Extreme Rules, Daniel challenges Dean (the only Shield guy who hasn't beat him) looking for a Grand Slam Championship in a Street Fight. Cena challenges Rollins to a Title vs Briefcase Ladder match, saying he wants to see what Rollins is capable of without all the cheating bullshit he used at an Authority lapdop. Undertaker challenges Roman to prove his victory over Lesnar wasn't a fluke and that he's ready to stand above legends by putting the title on the line in a Casket Match. Naturally, all three Shield guys win, with Taker disappearing after The Druids wheel his casket away.

Elsewhere on The Raw After Mania, the oddball team of Ziggler, Ryback and Rowen continue their association, but Ziggler is starting to get pissy about being overlooked. The Shield may have had their big drat 'plan,' but it was HE who got Triple H out the door by beating Rollins. This leads Bray Wyatt (who rather than jobbing to Taker I would have had win the ARMBAR) to plant the seed of doubt in Ziggles: perhaps Seth Rollins LET him win. Maybe the single biggest accomplishment in his career was handed to him because a better wrestler threw the fight for his own ends. His storyline culminates in Ziggler joining a reassembled Wyatt Family, taking Rowen's place when he refuses to rejoin his former master. Rowen and Ryback gently caress off to the Tag Division, where...

The New Day is running wild. Getting their Fake Positivity heel gimmick on earlier and being less scripted and stupid causes them to be less of a dud in their initial months. They culminate their status at Mania in a tag title match against Miz and Mizdow, where Damian is left high and dry again and again by Miz, but still manages to hold his own against both Kofi and Xavier, forcing Big E to help out and screw Mizdow out of his Wrestlemania Moment by stealing the tag titles. However, in response Damian finally turns on Miz and beats the hell out of him on the biggest stage possible, paying off a fan-favorite storyline and giving him a mountain of momentum. While Sandow departs the division, New Day run rampant, repeatedly loving over the fan-favorite face teams like the Dust Boys, Usos and Row-back to get heat and show they're an in-ring force worthy of the top levels. This run culminates in a tag title feud with the 21st Century answer to the Mega-powers, the Brother-in-law Tag Team of John Cena and Daniel Bryan, a victory which makes the New Day and the Tag Championships a Main Event concern.

The final piece of the puzzle is Randy Orton, who despite returning to a warm baby-face welcome after being betrayed as a member of The Authority, seems directionless in this new world. He putters along, keeping strong but unable to find his way into the World Title Picture when both powerful old rivals like Cena and Bryan and hot young guns like Bray keep edging him out. Some question if Orton's career has reached it end with him forever being in the position of an also-ran, and this pushes Orton to find a new niche for himself: as a mentor. Taking under his wing both newly arrived former NXT Champion Neville and red-hot Damien Sandow, Orton forms a stable which inherits an old name, Legacy, but says that this time the Legacy in question would not be that of his family, but his own; to spend the sunset of his career using all the knowledge, backstage power and wrestling skill he'd accumulated to kick down doors so that young and underused guys can get a fair shot.

WWE becomes a battleground as the stables of Legacy, The Wyatt Family and the New Day go to war with The Shield on all fronts, The MITB Briefcase and all four titles each having unique importance in the overall struggle, and occasional wildcard elements like Rusev, The Big Show, Shaemus and Bad News Barret adding spice to the proceedings. As for what all this is building toward... I dunno, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
That's some good stuff Satoshi, and having Sting wing is one of the all time great unexpected developments especially if they manage to stick to that stipulation for more than a year. You could also then have HHH move to take over Smackdown and constantly show up there (which he hasn't done in a looong time) and raise the profile of that show dramatically. Hell, do the brand split again a bit early (or just keep the story status mostly as it is after that WM) and now you have it either taking place on Smackdown (so HHH can show up) or with HHH being allowed to make a special one-time Raw appearance for the draft (probably the better option) and have HHH have to draft against a returning Shane McMahon (gotta kick it up a notch from Sting) who is now in charge of Raw instead of Smackdown.

I mean, you can't get too far past WM 2015 without breaking the two year rule, but dang those would be shows I'd want to watch. You also know Brock would become obsessed with getting his title back and it could lead to interesting developments where he does more physical stuff outside of actual matches, like killing Dean or Seth backstage so they can't help Roman in an upcoming rematch. The only real flaw I see in it is that you're bringing the Shield back so quickly, but I think the strengths far outweigh the weaknesses there since it nullifies most of the negative crowd reaction to Roman and provides another completely unexpected development to the show.

When you do have the Shield break up again it's a great way to create heel Roman too, and now you get Roman as the unbeatable monster until someone else steps up to take him down. Could maybe throw a Roman vs. Rock match in there somewhere too, if he'd be willing.

Sanguinia posted:

WWE becomes a battleground as the stables of Legacy, The Wyatt Family and the New Day go to war with The Shield on all fronts, The MITB Briefcase and all four titles each having unique importance in the overall struggle, and occasional wildcard elements like Rusev, The Big Show, Shaemus and Bad News Barret adding spice to the proceedings. As for what all this is building toward... I dunno, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

What is a war between stables building to? It can only be... WAR GAMES. God what a bright timeline that would be, imagine the pop for that announcement as the main event of a proper WWE PPV involving the Wyatts and New Day on one side and Legacy and Shield on the other. I mean good luck building the undercard to that with so many of your major guys in one match, but at the same time that sucker's gotta go over 40 minutes so you could probably do a 5-6 match show. Even better, make WAR GAMES the last PPV before the early brand split and draft and play it up as the match being so brutal, so destructive, that we need to make sure all these guys can never meet in the same ring again or there won't be a ring left!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Here's one I've always wondered about: Book RVD's dual title reigns with the WWE and ECW Titles in 2005 if he had never been pulled over with Sabu and found with drugs. How long does he hold both? Is it Cena or Edge who gets the WWE belt from him? Would you still book Big Show to take the belt from him as a transitional champion before moving to say CM Punk? Given Vince's initial fervor for ECW and his tendency to lose interest, how would you incorporate his muscle-lust for Bobby Lashley into your booking decisions?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Book Bray Wyatt's debut in such a way that he comes off as legitimately frightening.

I've always loved the idea of an actually scary Wrestler.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Book Grand Master Sexay if he hadn't tried to smuggle drugs into Canada. I believe at the time he was arrested and released, he'd just put the final nail into the coffin of Right To Censor with Steve Blackman and Trish Stratus on the 24/05/01 Smackdown, so I guess he'd be in between feuds.

Additionally, when Scotty returns, give Too Cool a solid title run. Heck, if there's a way to feasibly book Sexay and/or Scotty as main eventers, I'd love to see it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

How long had it been since Rikishi betrayed Too cool?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

How long had it been since Rikishi betrayed Too cool?

Think it was October 2000, so seven months.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So the situation's this:

Wrestlemania XXX just ended.
- Daniel Bryan has won the top title and is slated for a program with former tag team partner Kane.

-Cesaro has just won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale, and has a serious babyface push behind him,
--Vince wants him to run as a Paul Heyman guy, and a possible Money in the Bank push.

-The SHIELD is the hottest thing in pro wrestling,
--Batista has agreed to one more match,
---as long as it's Evolution vs The SHIELD. (After that match he'll agree to exactly one more, and then he really has to go promote his movie.)

- Bray Wyatt and his family are struggling to recapture lost momentum after a loss to Cena,

-Alexander Rusev is about to debut on RAW,

- AJ Lee has just been granted some time off after she drops the Diva's title tonight to a debuting Paige.

Book through Summerslam, assuming Bryan does not get injured. For bonus points, follow these three restrictions:
- Cesaro is the first confirmed entrant in the Money in the Bank match
- Roman Reigns cannot turn heel
- Brock Lesnar wins the WWE Title in a squash match

Senerio fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 6, 2017

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
I am a huge Christian fan. He's literally my favourite wrestler of all time, for many reasons; one of which is that he really didn't get a fair shake at the highest level in Vince-land.

For one million invisible Bison dollars (Each worth four British pounds):

Push Christian during one of the two time periods:

The Captain Charisma period:

WWE is pushing Cena the way they push reigns now, except it's kinda working? He's not getting booed as hard as Roman, and his spot in the upper card is cementing.

HOWEVER...

There is a guy who is consistently having better matches, getting better responses, and is just more polished in every way, except that Vince has deemed him "Too ugly for TV, I wish I could put a blue dot on his face"

Christian.

Rebook this era to get Christian AND Cena over, so that Christian doesn't get so frustrated that he goes to TNA for 3 years. Start from the Christian/Tomko vs. Cena rap battle. Preferably do not insert Jericho into the Christian title match of that era.

OR...

The "One More Match era"

Christian is coming off running the show WWECW for a good year as a fighting champ before finally relinquishing the belt to Ezekiel Jackson on the very last show. He's got momentum again!

Edge's career ends when it does, meaning that we have a Edge deficit.

Re-book the Christian title run hunt so that:

a) He doesn't lose the belt to Orton 3-5 days later, unless it's better constructed;

b) Please keep the win over ADR. That match is just a great moment. Feel free to fire Michael Cole for his comments at the end of that match.

Bonus: Feel free to poo poo on Randy Orton. I hated him before that, I hated him after that, I hate him now, even though I know he questioned taking the title at that point. If that isn't your thing, at least portray as a heel so I can boo him.

Thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NutShellBill posted:

Re-book the Christian title run hunt so that:

a) He doesn't lose the belt to Orton 3-5 days later, unless it's better constructed;

Bonus: Feel free to poo poo on Randy Orton. I hated him before that, I hated him after that, I hate him now, even though I know he questioned taking the title at that point. If that isn't your thing, at least portray as a heel so I can boo him.

listen to this: https://art19.com/shows/ecs-pod-of-awesomeness/episodes/d01c4178-549d-4085-a237-d459a63891f3

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Book a credible WWF title run for Chyna in 2000.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Here's one I've always wondered about : Book RVD's dual title reigns with the WWE and ECW Titles in 2005 if he had never been pulled over with Sabu and found with drugs. How long does he hold both? Is it Cena or Edge who gets the WWE belt from him? Would you still book Big Show to take the belt from him as a transitional champion before moving to say CM Punk? Given Vince's initial fervor for ECW and his tendency to lose interest, how would you incorporate his muscle-lust for Bobby Lashley into your booking decisions?

PART ONE: ONE NIGHT STAND 2006

First off, what ain't broke don't need to be fixed. One Night Stand 2006 was, in general, a great launch for the brand. The theme of WWE being an arrogant den of inequity that ECW was able to go to war with and defeat on behalf of disgruntled fans is established brilliantly in the opening angle of Taz choking out Lawler, and by the opening match of adopted (and technically historic) ECW star Kurt Angle cleanly tapping out Randy Orton, the icon of all things WWE. The theme is further carried forward in the two most crucial matches of the show, RVD vs Cena, and Dreamer/Funk/Beulah vs Edge/Foley/Lita, which were both dynamite successes. That being said, there are a couple of simple changes that could have improved things:

1) Change the Promos: Ditch JBL. His segment got some good heat, but it was never going to result in any payoff. Let him announce his return on Smackdown. Also ditch Eugene. I understand the point of this segment is carrying forward the anti-WWE dumb bullshit theme by having Sandman beat up a dumb gimmick wrestler, but we can do better. Finally, don't turn Big Show by having him pointlessly beat up ECW midcarders, especially without any explanation after he had willingly jumped ship to ECW without being drafted.

2) Change the Worst Finish: Do not end Mysterio vs Sabu in a no contest. This finish is not believable for Sabu and just makes both guys look like crap after a very good match

3) Change the Roster: I will make two additions: Rhyno, and Mike Awesome. Rhyno was approached to be part of the new ECW but ultimately decided to stick with TNA. We shall assume we can make a stronger pitch and tilt his scales the other way. Also, Vince simply did not want to pay Mike Awesome what he wanted to wrestle. We will decide to shell out to get him on board. In addition to bringing on Awesome and Rhyno, we'll remember that Justin Credible is a former ECW champion and level up his card status above Enhancement Talent.

HERE'S WHAT WE CHANGE:

1) Have the promo time filled by Big Show, out to talk about why he's come to ECW. Have him be in smarmy used-car salesman mode, selling a line about wanting real competition, wanting to be extreme, but making it clear he holds the brand in contempt. The crowd will boo him mercilessly until he is confronted by The Sandman. Big Show will back down from a potential confrontation, only to find his way back up the ramp blocked by Mike Awesome. The two will work together to beat Show's rear end, although he is able to force his way free from the two-man assault and retreat while the two ECW bros share a beer, establishing both as major powers in the new ECW and cementing Big Show's status as a monstrous but ultimately lazy and pampered WWE Superstar who came to ECW expecting to coast to success and is about to get more than he bargained for.

2) Have Mysterio retain the title on a ref stoppage as in reality, but while Rey is getting carted away on a stretcher have Sabu recover and get back in the ring so he can rage about being robbed. Put across that ECW wrestlers, and Sabu in particular, are a different breed that can handle punishment WWE guys simply can't. Also have Heyman use a few minutes of promo time to announce that ECW rules now allow titles to change hands on referee stoppage, so not only can Raw not use the same underhanded move Smackdown just did to save their title, but RVD has a new way to win: by beating Cena within an inch of his life. This should help the crowd pop to recover from the bullshit finish.

3) Replace Balls with Justin in the Masato Tanaka match so he can get put over strong as a former ECW Champion.

3a) Finally, in the ECW title match, the man who spears Cena through the table to help RVD win the belt is not Edge (who should be selling that brutal garbage brawl from earlier in the night), but Rhyno! HE secures ECW's victory with a GOOOOOOORE that gives RVD the window to hit the 5-Star, allowing ECW to truly defeat Cena without needing a WWE guy's help... and setting the stage for RVD's first feud...

PART 2: THE TITLE RUN

Stage 1: The Three Way Dance

On the Monday prior to ECW's television premier, John Cena cuts a promo, saying he liked ECW's style, and just might emulate their disregard for the rules by crashing the party on their debut episode. Despite this threat, RVD steps into the ring to be presented with the new ECW World Championship. But there's a question: what is he going to do with the WWE title and it's gaudy spinner belt? RVD cuts a promo about ECW's first champion, The Franchise Shane Douglas, and how he sent a message to the world that the new ECW title was the only one on the planet with any real meaning when he took the NWA title belt and threw it down. The crowd goes nuts at the prospect of seeing RVD throw down the belt... when he is interrupted by Rhyno!

The Man Beast says that he knows what Rob is thinking, but he had better think twice because Rob doesn't want to be left without a championship. RVD asks what he's talking about, and Rhyno produces a belt of his own: the original ECW World Championship! Rhyno says that he came back for one reason: because he knew that if Rob beat Cena, that he would be declared the ECW Champion, and there could be no greater insult to the TRUE ECW Champion, the man who wore the crown the night the original ECW's lights went out. He reminds RVD of their history, of the promised match between the ECW World and Television Champions that never came to be because RVD punked out and got injured before Rhyno could destroy him. He DEMANDS Paul recognize him as the true ECW Champ, both for having the true belt and being the one who REALLY beat Cena the night before, because RVD could never beat Cena, and could NEVER beat Rhyno, whether it's 1996 or 2006!

This debate is interrupted by RAPADOOOOO! John Cena crashes ECW, as promised, and puts in his two cents: he can't say for sure if it was the Frog Splash or the GOOOOORE that kept him down last night, but he can be drat sure that it was being bushwhacked that first put him down. Cena drat sure wants a piece of the Man Beast... but he's also got unfinished business with Van Dam, because he drat sure wants his title back. So Cena is left with a problem: does he want to start a fight with Rhyno, or cash in his contractual rematch with Van Dam? But then he remembers, this isn't WWE, it's ECW! And ECW has the perfect solution to this problem: a little something Paul E used to call the Three-Way Dance. Van Dam says that's perfect - he can beat Cena again, and he can beat Rhyno and prove who the real ECW Champ is, all in the same match. Rhyno agrees, and Paul E sets the match as the Main Event for the upcoming Vengeance Pay Per View. Cena smirks and says that he can't wait to not only reclaim the WWE title, but to become the next ECW World Champion. "And Rob, when I take that shiny new ECW title back to Raw with me, if calling me The Champ stings too bad, you can go ahead and just call me 'Mr. Monday Night.'

At Vengeance, DX and the Spirit Squad get rightfully mid-carded in favor of a three-title Main Event, where Rhyno, Cena and Rob settle both the unification of the two ECW belts and the rightful owner of the WWE Championship. Naturally, Rob wins by pinning by Rhyno while Cena is incapacitated, protecting the Top Guy and giving Rob a clean victory.

Stage 2: The Young And The Awesome

While this is going on, the rest of ECW is focusing on three mainline feuds that will hopefully consume about 4 months of TV: Justin Credible vs Young Talent, Awesome and Sandman vs Big Show w/ Helpers, and the #1 Contendership.

In the first, Justin plays the role of the jerkass heel, who is leveraging his previous status as an ECW Champion to lord over all of the new talent. He smugs at the youngsters constantly, trying to force advice down their throats and get them to carry proverbial water for him, but when he pushes them too far he is ready to back his attitude up by taking the kids down in hard-fought matches, proving his status as former champ is no joke. Justin becomes more arrogant and self-assured the more victories he pulls out... that is, until he runs into CM Punk! Punk defeats Credible in three strait matches, all clean, showing that he is something truly special by coming out ahead where others failed. This infuriates Credible, who enlists the aid of the Full Blooded Italians to make Punk's life miserable. They intimidate him backstage, they vandalize his locker, they interfere with his matches (although he manages to come out a winner despite their efforts twice in a row), and eventually they jump him right in the middle of a match. However, they did not count on Punk's opponent in the match, a debuting Bobby Lashley, to have his opponent's back. Punk and Lashley fight side by side and send the FBI packing, and a furious Credible demands a match with Lashley to teach him not to stick his nose into other's business... only for Lashley to defeat him the same way Punk did, three times in a row clean. Credible demands a hardcore handicap match to blow off the feud, and Punk and Lashley work together to overcome both he and his FBI allies.

In the second feud, Sandman and Awesome make Show's life a living hell, as week after week he comes out to moan about how crappy ECW is and to demand respect as a huge star, former World Champ and the greatest Giant in the sport, and week after week Awesome and Sandman send him packing. Big Show warns Heyman that if he doesn't get the respect he deserves from the ECW scum, there will be a reckoning. His promise is fulfilled by the arrival of a pair of minions from the main roster: Hardcore Holly and Test. The three Vince-approved Huge Dudes make life hell for Sandman and Awesome, overwhelming them with numbers and cheap bullshit, and ruining both men's efforts to get into title contention. This explodes into a virtual gang war, as the two groups are at each other's throats for weeks before Heyman orders the situation be settled in an Elimination Tag Match. In the end, though both his minions fall and he gets a savage beating, Big Show is the only survivor of the match.

In the third feud, with Cena and Rhyno in his rearview, RVD is ready to take on all comers for either of his titles. In ECW his call is answered by Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and Kurt Angle... and an unexpected 3rd party: the Rated R Superstar, Edge. Edge makes it very clear from the start that he has no interest in ECW, its fans, or its crap title belt, he's here only to rescue the WWE Championship that is rightfully his from this tire fire of a show. Angle takes umbridge at this, and tells Edge the road to the ECW title goes through him. Over the course of the next four weeks, while Tommy and Sabu go through their challenges, Edge and Kurt square up in a best-of-three series to determine the #1 Contendership for the next Pay Per View. The question is settled when Edge beats Angle in an ECW vs WWE Lumberjack Match with the help of a traitorous Rhyno, and then takes him out with multiple Con-Chair-To's, writing him off the show due to his contractual release. RVD takes on Edge on the following Pay Per View with just the WWE title on the line, and RVD pins him clean to retain. This loss causes Edge to snap, and he spends the next month trying to force Rob into another title defense, this time in a TLC match. He eventually gets his wish... but with Sabu and Rhyno in the mix as well. The TLC match is a brutal affair, and it ends with a shocking turn of events - with the help of an army of Main Roster heels, Rhyno and Edge climb the ladder together and each take down one title, the WWE for Edge and the ECW for Rhyno. Vince (naturally) rules that this means we now have two separate champions again.

Stage 3: Total Elimination

Rhyno reigns over ECW with his ill-gotten championship for the remaining run toward December to Dismember, with Heyman turning heel to back him in order to save face over this humiliation. He arranges for the Main Event of the show to be an Elimination Chamber Match so he can ensure Rhyno is out last, forcing RVD and Sabu to face each other in a Best of Seven Hardcore Matches for a single slot in the chamber, a contest in which RVD comes out on top (although his victory is clearly Pyrrhic given the injuries). He further stacks the deck by gifting a slot to Big Show, as well as one to Mike Awesome, who turns heel (playing heavily to his reputation as a Judas for walking out of ECW with the title to make money in WCW). Heyman takes little notice of the other qualifiers, which gives both CM Punk and Bobby Lashley the chance to earn slots. Punk and Bobby have spent their time since defeating Credible becoming good friends, developing an obvious foil relationship as the contrasts between their journey's through wrestling, life stories and styles make them a likable odd-couple.

The Chamber Match as December to Dismember opens with RVD taking on Mike Awesome, followed by Punk, then Show, then Lashley. RVD eliminates Awesome to get the big pop for taking out the hated turncoat, then is himself eliminated by Punk, giving Punk a huge win and generating audience resentment for taking out the hero. Lashley eliminates Big Moany Paul Wight, taking things down to the two friends, with (hopefully) the crowd getting behind Bobbo due to Punk taking out RVD and Lashley getting the win over the WWE heel. Rhyno finally enters and starts picking the bones of both young talents. They put up a great fight given the circumstances, but it isn't long until Punk gets put away with the GORE, leaving it down to Lashley in a SPEAR VS SPEAR SHOWDOWN.

God willing, the crowd will be behind Lashley to overcome the odds, and the match ends with an upset victory for the young muscleman as he puts away the vile traitor Rhyno. A new star is made, Vince is happy because STRIATIONS, and the groundwork laid for a CM Punk heel turn and thus a red-hot title feud between two young stars, which will lead ECW into a new generation of prosperity.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A lot of that (and all fantasy booking, to be fair) relies a lot on fan reactions which aren't always easy to judge and predict, especially with somebody like Bobby Lashley being thrown into the mix. Still, I dig that the ultimate end result is that everything ends up largely in the same position it was in real life, without the bad aftertaste of RVD's ruined title reign.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

A lot of that (and all fantasy booking, to be fair) relies a lot on fan reactions which aren't always easy to judge and predict, especially with somebody like Bobby Lashley being thrown into the mix. Still, I dig that the ultimate end result is that everything ends up largely in the same position it was in real life, without the bad aftertaste of RVD's ruined title reign.

A very true statement. I would argue that a lot of Pro Wrestling in general, rather than just fantasy booking, is about trying to predict and manipulate audience reactions though. I did do my best to make things as "sure," as I could right up to the big finish. This is turn is why the word (hopefully) appears at the riskiest part of the booking, that of having Punk and Lashley fight it out before Rhyno enters the match. But even then I tried to hedge my bets as much as I could and make everything depending on the audience reacting a certain way seem realistic and reasonable given how we know the ECW audience acted in real life, what we know they wanted out of the ECW product, and the exact reasons they turned on it (and Bobby in particular) during those first six months.

And yeah, I stated my thinking from the assumption that Vince would still want Bobbo to get a title push, Kurt would still be gone in 6 weeks because of drugs, and a few other simple rules since your prompt only stated the one point of historical divergence, RVD and Sabu not getting pulled over. Any other changes I made had to be justified and make realistic sense given the environment, hence no Dudleys or Raven since they hated WWE at the time, no bringing in Joel Gurtner or Blue Meaney since Vince wouldn't go for guys like them, etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Book Santino winning the 40 man as a surprise, and his journey to WM. Winning the title optional.

Book a Raven vs Sting feud, pretending the nWo never came to fruition.

Book a 4 Horsemen chase the nWo off and act like WCW owes them big time afterwards angle

Book Apocalypse (The Pillman/Benoit/Guerrero group that was bandied about but never happened) vs Horsemen

Book Jerry Lawler winning the NWA title with no overturn of the final decision.

Book Pillman vs HBK with Brian never doing unholy things to his ankle and hip.

Book Daniel Bryan being world champ after WM XXX until Heyman offers Lesnar up to take care of the problem for the Helmsley-McMahons. Your "rules":

-Bryan has to look good leading up to losing the strap. I don't have a problem with Lesnar winning for the angle, but it doesn't matter much if Bryan looks weaksauce as gently caress before the match

-No squash. I realize Lesnar's the size of Delaware and Bryan...is not, but do it that stresses that size and power are why Lesnar wins, not that Bryan is some scrub who can't hang. How you book the match is up to you, but given how Eddie Guerrero won the belt, it's not like there isn't precedent.

-Have Lesnar & Heyman blackmail The McMahons somehow afterwards.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 18, 2017

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Book the spirit squad to own every title and it be believable. You have one year from their debut.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Imagine, with WWE’s current roster as of this post, that the Understaker will no longer have full matches at Wrestlemania, but instead will be allowed one scripted run-in for the next three Wrestlemanias, including the one this year.

You could call the arc “Gong. Tombstone. Gone.”

How would you use this idea? Book the next three Undertaker run-ins during Wrestlemania. I’ll keep it to one single “outside wwe” person who might be involved in a match where he would show up, but the rest must be existing or legacy talent (someone who has previously signed with the WWE counts here, even if that person sucks).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Roman three times

bartok
May 10, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Book Santino winning the 40 man as a surprise, and his journey to WM. Winning the title optional.
This is my first time fantasy booking:
You have The Miz come out the next night on Raw laughing at what a joke Santino is and that he was hoping for a real challenge at Mania but will enjoy an easy win. So you have Santino come out do his comedy shtick but when Miz turns his back he gets a dead serious look on his face and just goes ape poo poo on The Miz. Sort of channeling his lovely MMA Monster gimmick from OVW. Anyway you build to a tag main event with Santino teaming with Orton against The Miz and CM Punk, also planting the seeds for the Orton/Punk match in the process. Of course Santino wins the match by pinning The Miz and debuting a more serious finisher like a fancy suplex or MMA style submission.

So in the weeks leading up to the next PPV you have Santino barely getting wins over heels who think he doesn't deserve the title shot. Santino is still trying to do comedy spots and promos but now Santino "hulks out" into this MMA Monster instead of just jobbing like he use to. You also have heel Cole take time away from constantly calling Daniel Bryan a geek to constantly calling Santino a joke and a loser. Plus The Miz is attacking Santino after matches and calling him a fluke any chance he gets.

Maybe in the PPV before Mania you have Santino put up his title shot in a multi-man match and win. All the while up until WM they are building up Santino as the ultimate underdog. So obviously you don't have Santino vs. The Miz as your main event you instead make it Edge's retirement match, assuming Edge knew going in this was going to be his final match, with his greatest rival John Cena so you can still have The Rock interfere to set up the first Once in a Lifetime match and have Edge go out on top as the Ultimate Opportunist.
So for The Miz/Santino match you basically have Miz mostly dominate the match but with Santino getting several hope spots. This leads to the finish where Santino again goes ape poo poo and has Miz beat but Michael Cole places The Miz's foot on the rope. Which leads to Santino getting distracted and eating a Skull Crushing Finale. The match will probably be dog poo poo but you can get Santino back down to the lower card by transferring his Miz feud to Michael Cole and Jack Swagger. Plus having Santino as a Rumble winner means that from now until the end of WWE they can promote that anyone from a John Cena down to a goofball like Santino could win.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bartok posted:

This is my first time fantasy booking:
You have The Miz come out the next night on Raw laughing at what a joke Santino is and that he was hoping for a real challenge at Mania but will enjoy an easy win. So you have Santino come out do his comedy shtick but when Miz turns his back he gets a dead serious look on his face and just goes ape poo poo on The Miz. Sort of channeling his lovely MMA Monster gimmick from OVW. Anyway you build to a tag main event with Santino teaming with Orton against The Miz and CM Punk, also planting the seeds for the Orton/Punk match in the process. Of course Santino wins the match by pinning The Miz and debuting a more serious finisher like a fancy suplex or MMA style submission.

So in the weeks leading up to the next PPV you have Santino barely getting wins over heels who think he doesn't deserve the title shot. Santino is still trying to do comedy spots and promos but now Santino "hulks out" into this MMA Monster instead of just jobbing like he use to. You also have heel Cole take time away from constantly calling Daniel Bryan a geek to constantly calling Santino a joke and a loser. Plus The Miz is attacking Santino after matches and calling him a fluke any chance he gets.

Maybe in the PPV before Mania you have Santino put up his title shot in a multi-man match and win. All the while up until WM they are building up Santino as the ultimate underdog. So obviously you don't have Santino vs. The Miz as your main event you instead make it Edge's retirement match, assuming Edge knew going in this was going to be his final match, with his greatest rival John Cena so you can still have The Rock interfere to set up the first Once in a Lifetime match and have Edge go out on top as the Ultimate Opportunist.
So for The Miz/Santino match you basically have Miz mostly dominate the match but with Santino getting several hope spots. This leads to the finish where Santino again goes ape poo poo and has Miz beat but Michael Cole places The Miz's foot on the rope. Which leads to Santino getting distracted and eating a Skull Crushing Finale. The match will probably be dog poo poo but you can get Santino back down to the lower card by transferring his Miz feud to Michael Cole and Jack Swagger. Plus having Santino as a Rumble winner means that from now until the end of WWE they can promote that anyone from a John Cena down to a goofball like Santino could win.

Not bad at all.

I think when I get home from work I'll give one of my own challenges a try, booking Daniel Bryan's post WM title run and eventual loss to Lesnar.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So in this situation, would Cena/Edge be for the WHC?

e: wow uh holy poo poo I didn’t check the date of the last post and I saw 2 new posts and thought ‘these must be fresh’ so uh sorry

Venomous fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Venomous posted:

So in this situation, would Cena/Edge be for the WHC?

e: wow uh holy poo poo I didn’t check the date of the last post and I saw 2 new posts and thought ‘these must be fresh’ so uh sorry

Hell I was planning to thread resurrect anyway.

Rebook Katie Vick into an angle that actually gets Kane over and maybe leads to a title reign.

• Locked thread