Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Book a competent WCW Invasion. As a way of making it a little easier, let's pretend you don't decide to cheap out completely, you can have Sting, Scott Steiner, and Ric Flair.

Added optional challenge: use Raven & Saturn in a half decent way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not being sarcastic, I really dug that bit :)

John...John just puts on the loving shirt.

Yeah, well played.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Renaissance Spam posted:

Okay so the Nexus is one of those angles I've been trying to rebook for ages, so let's go with what I've got (be warned this is going to be super melodramatic as well as vague on events because my timeline sucks.)

So the initial Nexus attack happens pretty much as it happened, with the sole exception that WWE has some balls and doesn't summarily fire Daniel Bryan. They DO suspend him however. Barrett uses this as a lightning rod, stating that the Nexus spat in the status quo's face and instead of shutting it down, Daniel Bryan, one of the most talented individuals in Sports Entertainment was punished. This is a sign of how corrupt the system has become and it's time for a change, and he's ready to be the instrument.

Wade continues portraying himself as a firebrand, a voice of the downtrodden who is speaking for those who can't speak for themselves. Cena stands against him, saying he didn't win his WWE championship by sneak attacking people, but through Hustle, Loyalty and Respect, and when you're in the WWE you can't wait for a handout you have to EARN it. In the middle is CM Punk who tried to defend Cena from the Nexus but refuses to outright stand by his side, instead criticizing the Nexus for their shortcuts, something the Straight Edge Society looks down upon.

Battle lines are quickly drawn with the heel midcarders siding with the Nexus and the babyfaces joining with Cena. Wade Barrett wins the WWE title from Cena through the help of the Nexus and stands victorious, citing how it's the unity and teamwork of the Nexus that gives them strength.

CM Punk continues to stand on the sidelines, preaching Straight Edge Salvation and that neither Cena nor the Nexus understand what it truly takes to be a champion. During the buildup to Cena and Wade's title match, Punk wins the US title (was that the Raw midcard title? I can't remember).

Over the following weeks the Nexus begins to dominate the title scene, encouraged by Barrett's win and the Nexus Ethos; the original core Nexus getting as much focus as possible when they can work, while those who can't (I'm looking at you Tarver) take on supplementary roles, either enforcers or mouthpieces. Eventually they Nexus holds every available title except the one Punk holds and both the Nexus and Cena's faction start trying to petition Punk to pick a side. Punk refuses. It's decided a triple threat match will decide the champion at the next PPV, with Cena putting Kofi Kingston forward as the challenger for WWE, and Wade Barrett announcing the returning Daniel Bryan as his challenger. Bryan wins the match, defeating Kofi.

The Nexus stands dominant over the WWE (or at least RAW, I really struggle with figuring out how to integrate it without completely destroying the brand split and that didn't happen for a couple more years if I recall), but cracks begin to show. Sitting at the top Wade stops espousing the populist rhetoric he clung to so fiercely and begins talking about "protecting" what the Nexus has built. He becomes solely focused on defending his championship and lets his Nexus brothers become vulnerable. As Cena begins rallying his troops, Punk begins angling for Wade as well, calling him out on his hypocrisy. In addition, Daniel Bryan begins questioning the direction of the Nexus, not only where they're going but how he was left to hang when he was suspended, used as a martyr for the cause.

Eventually it all falls apart, with the more suggestible Nexus members joining the SES while the more idealistic ones strike out on their own or join up with Cena. Daniel stays by Wade, trying to bring him back to the ideals they started the Nexus with, but Barrett has gone completely off the deep end by this point, sacrificing anybody to protect his title including Daniel who is left alone at the mercy of Cena who lays an ungodly beating into him that was intended for Wade.

Finally we arrive at Wrestlemania where it's Wade Barrett, alone with nothing but his title and his lofty promises which have all proven to be hollow versus the Royal Rumble winner Cena who has spent a year building himself back up not only into a true potential champion but also a leader of men. Things go as expected with Cena getting the 3 and regaining the WWE Championship, only to find himself face to face with CM Punk, flanked by the true believers of the Straight Edge Society who intend to show him what it means to go against a force that understands what sacrifice TRULY means.

My only problem with this is that I feel like ending WM on starting a new story is somewhat antithetical to the purpose of WM, which is to blow off the year's stories. So maybe save Punk getting in John's face for the next night.

Maybe at Rumble you could have had somebody debut and go on a win streak, also, and then have them challenge Punk at WM for his midcard strap with SES going to nutty lengths to make sure their Saviour stays champ. I dunno, did WWE have any big expendable lugs for this purpose at the time?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

The other idea I remember finding really funny for the Higher Power was Brian Pillman having faked his death. "Smart marks. Smaaaaaaaart maaaaaaaarks..."

I often wonder how much overlap there is between conspiracy theorists who buy into REALLY out there poo poo and wrestling fandom. It wouldn't surprise me if it was drat near a flat circle.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Here's one

Let's say that, rather than having his life ruined by concussions and strokes, Bret simply told WCW to get hosed and went home. Not hard to believe, Bret's a prideful man with an ego the size of Alberta. But let's also say that eventually, for the same reasons he came back to WWE in real life, (preserving his legacy), he returns. Book one last run, with the idea he can still go. You can do it with HBK being a oval office, being decent to Bret like he was, whatever.

Bonus, smaller concept: Remmeber when HBK's partner was "God" against Vince and Shane? Do thata ngle, but with the mystery partner being Bret.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

When are we having him come back? Are we talking post Invasion?

Around when he returned for real.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Book Santino winning the 40 man as a surprise, and his journey to WM. Winning the title optional.

Book a Raven vs Sting feud, pretending the nWo never came to fruition.

Book a 4 Horsemen chase the nWo off and act like WCW owes them big time afterwards angle

Book Apocalypse (The Pillman/Benoit/Guerrero group that was bandied about but never happened) vs Horsemen

Book Jerry Lawler winning the NWA title with no overturn of the final decision.

Book Pillman vs HBK with Brian never doing unholy things to his ankle and hip.

Book Daniel Bryan being world champ after WM XXX until Heyman offers Lesnar up to take care of the problem for the Helmsley-McMahons. Your "rules":

-Bryan has to look good leading up to losing the strap. I don't have a problem with Lesnar winning for the angle, but it doesn't matter much if Bryan looks weaksauce as gently caress before the match

-No squash. I realize Lesnar's the size of Delaware and Bryan...is not, but do it that stresses that size and power are why Lesnar wins, not that Bryan is some scrub who can't hang. How you book the match is up to you, but given how Eddie Guerrero won the belt, it's not like there isn't precedent.

-Have Lesnar & Heyman blackmail The McMahons somehow afterwards.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bartok posted:

This is my first time fantasy booking:
You have The Miz come out the next night on Raw laughing at what a joke Santino is and that he was hoping for a real challenge at Mania but will enjoy an easy win. So you have Santino come out do his comedy shtick but when Miz turns his back he gets a dead serious look on his face and just goes ape poo poo on The Miz. Sort of channeling his lovely MMA Monster gimmick from OVW. Anyway you build to a tag main event with Santino teaming with Orton against The Miz and CM Punk, also planting the seeds for the Orton/Punk match in the process. Of course Santino wins the match by pinning The Miz and debuting a more serious finisher like a fancy suplex or MMA style submission.

So in the weeks leading up to the next PPV you have Santino barely getting wins over heels who think he doesn't deserve the title shot. Santino is still trying to do comedy spots and promos but now Santino "hulks out" into this MMA Monster instead of just jobbing like he use to. You also have heel Cole take time away from constantly calling Daniel Bryan a geek to constantly calling Santino a joke and a loser. Plus The Miz is attacking Santino after matches and calling him a fluke any chance he gets.

Maybe in the PPV before Mania you have Santino put up his title shot in a multi-man match and win. All the while up until WM they are building up Santino as the ultimate underdog. So obviously you don't have Santino vs. The Miz as your main event you instead make it Edge's retirement match, assuming Edge knew going in this was going to be his final match, with his greatest rival John Cena so you can still have The Rock interfere to set up the first Once in a Lifetime match and have Edge go out on top as the Ultimate Opportunist.
So for The Miz/Santino match you basically have Miz mostly dominate the match but with Santino getting several hope spots. This leads to the finish where Santino again goes ape poo poo and has Miz beat but Michael Cole places The Miz's foot on the rope. Which leads to Santino getting distracted and eating a Skull Crushing Finale. The match will probably be dog poo poo but you can get Santino back down to the lower card by transferring his Miz feud to Michael Cole and Jack Swagger. Plus having Santino as a Rumble winner means that from now until the end of WWE they can promote that anyone from a John Cena down to a goofball like Santino could win.

Not bad at all.

I think when I get home from work I'll give one of my own challenges a try, booking Daniel Bryan's post WM title run and eventual loss to Lesnar.

• Locked thread