Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
stroll driver of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

it's really bad to use more than two fonts at once, let alone three, let alone ones with letter width and kerning that vary that much

the whole thing looks like an unreadable mess, like something i'd have designed when i was 16

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

robert kubica is overrated and his single win was gifted to him because TRUE and HONEST driver lewis hamilton had a brain fart and took himself out. he's maldonado at best, kovalainen at worst. BMW were right to stop focus on 2008 because they never had a realistic chance at the WDC

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Man, I miss the black McLarens. This half-assed orange/black livery of this season is so bad I'm glad it's over.

i remember the hype that swirled around it for months, and then it turned out to just be a tweaked marussia livery that wasn't even papaya orange

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

freeranger posted:

Reminder that Big Bobby K looks like Gargamel.

Edit: And I found this and had to share just because of DC/Kryten

someone needs to do one with pascal wehrlein and elliot rodger

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

:vince:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

new lewis hamilton rap vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmc8q2dcIMs

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

You know who is great?

Robert Kubica

wrong

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Norns posted:

How can you be this brain damaged

chronic alcoholism

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

until robby K wins a race on merit and not because of people loving up he will be as good as kovalainen on paper, which is good but not great

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think everyone in this thread would have been namechanged to "Felipe "AIDS" Massa" if namechanges could be purchased for others

Felipe "AIDS" Massa is one of the finest memes this thread has crafted

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

bring back ron

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

London in particular just looks like a complete hellscape.

it's ok to visit for a day trip, don't trust anyone who advises staying there longer than that or actually living there

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

mgsv loving sucked and was unfinished as hell.

Mgs1 and 3 are the only good metal gears.

Il await reviews for death stranding.

In the end this doesnt matter because Cyberpunk 2077 will be the last game that we will ever need.

MGS1 was good.

MGS2's story was too convoluted and tried too hard, plus you had to play as Raiden.

Haven't played MGS3 but all I've heard is good things about it.

MGS4 is apparently an 8 hour long cutscene

MGS5 went too far in the other direction, I didn't want to have to sit there doing nothing while listening to tapes to understand the story so I had no real idea why I was doing anything and wasn't invested in what was going on. Plus it apparently penalised you for actually killing dudes. I lost interest a while after unlocking the Africa map because I had no interest in continuing the story.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Human Grand Prix posted:

Good thread title.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

they should have given it to nico

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Human Grand Prix posted:

We're never going to know until he dies. He says he was "mad at someone in the team" and complained about the cars performance then got fired shortly thereafter. Also he hated all of his teammates other than Alboreto and Laffite.

1500quidporsche posted:

I've heard that as well as he may have hosed the daughter or niece of someone important.

That's the leading theory. A handful of F1 journalists know but when prompted they love making a song and dance of rubbing it in everyone's faces that they know and won't tell you. Whatever it is, it was serious or dark enough that it was an unspoken rule to keep it secret, leading to all of these theories. Most center around a relationship with a senior Ferrari figure's relative, with caveats like ranging from underage to drugs being involved. Even people on F1 forums who supposedly know will insist on telling you via PM, though whether it's because there's legal implications or they want to feel special is anyone's guess.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

You Am I posted:

Don't you mean Lola instead of Shelby?

off the top of my head, lola built the original prototypes and chassis, but they were total dogs until ford gave them to shelby to tune and prepare

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

lmao

lmaooo

How loving self-unaware are you ... jesus christ he probably thinks he did a good a job if not better than Lewis. Holy gently caress

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133672/my-2017-results-answered-my-critics--stroll

you gotta pay the stroll toll

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

He had 0 points when he died, which put him on track, by the Feels Villeneuve Method of statistical projection, to score 0 points total in the 1994 F1 season. Really bad.

he was actually not classified at all in the 1994 F1 season

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

djssniper posted:

What's your source on that, most records have him classified

the records on wiki have always shown his final position as NC in the 1994 season

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

Seriously, though, the poo poo Buxton posts on his blog is pretty hosed:

severely underrated post

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

wicka posted:

I got this: http://www.alphaindustries.com/mens-parkas/alpha-industries-slim-fit-n-3b-parka.htm

I can’t vouch for -30C but it’s served me well at -5F.

hmm ive been looking for a coat for ages, i might get this as a late christmas present bc i couldnt find one to ask for

thanks wicka

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

iospace posted:

I'll figure something out.

Toxx me if McLaren don't win a race :getin:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

iospace posted:

ok!

so... what punishment would you want if McLaren doesn't win a race?

I'll match GramCracker's 3 month probation

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

GramCracker posted:

Say what now?

oh oops, thought you said 3 months. 1 month it is!!

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

I mean there's enough poo poo on that plane as it is.

mods?????????????????????

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

i had a dream that i went to the brazilian grand prix and got to meet and greet felipe massa but he looked really depressed. i took some ferrari driving gloves even though i'm not a ferrari fan and he signed one with his email address which was like "felipem18999@gmail.com" and i was like wtf i didn't want his email so i asked him to autograph the other glove and he did and then got really annoyed and left

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

McLaren 2018 merch leaked early on the mobile version apparently.

wow, mclaren actually hired a designer. lets all forget about those awful gradient tshirts from 2015

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

*mclaren does "predatory" black livery* "why not just do mclaren orange?! god

*mclaren does compromise orange and black livery* "why not just do mclaren orange?!?!?!?!?! god

*mclaren actually does cool and good papaya orange livery* lol looks like a 90s backmarker, 0/10

its cool and good and what they needed to do since mercedes dropping them in 2014

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll driver of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Norns posted:

Also consider Felipe Massa was bad and deserves it

:vince: