Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«43 »
Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Hell Gem

x2

Skipp Wiley Jr., Newtype Wrecker
HP: 5/5 DR1 Move: 5 Luxe: 108 -> 114 Fuel: 05
Mutations: Compound Eyes (Cannot be Ambushed) // Patagia (+2 Move)
Inventory: Unstable Mech-Mangler (1d8/3 Rampage +Scrap, Unreliable) // Optiscope (1Upscale+0) // CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Hazmat Gear [X] (DR2 Toxic, DR2 Vacuum) // Hazmat Gear [X] (DR3 Inferno, DR1 Rad) // Advanced Electronics (x2)
Consumables: Squidpack (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full) // Jump-Assist [X] (Full) // Medikit (Full) // Medikit [Xv.3] (Full) // Fabrikit [X] (Full)

Skipp Wiley Jr. picked through the piles of rubble and scrapped parts with his holo-sensors on high infra-contrast until he found the key electrical components he was looking for: it was a set of power stabilizers perfectly suited for upgrading his Unstable Mech-Mangler. Between this and the pristine power coupling he'd salvaged from the circuitry in Emlemma's hemo-core, Skipp was well on his way to having a fully-functional, wholly-dependable weapon again (not that it was ever truly Reliable in the first place).

What Skipp needed next was something he couldn't reliably obtain on Drop itself. If he wanted further concrete upgrades for his equipment, he'd likely need Sponsor intervention.

Action: Skipp salvages the area and picks up the Advanced Electronics!: 1d6 6

Wishlist: Heya folks- I'm looking for something to combine with my Unstable Mech-Mangler to make it stable again! How about an Autofalconoid, a CS Armor Module, a Weapon Mod Kit, or a standard Rig Ripper? Here, I'll make some options for you all now and upload my Luxe when I can:
Option 1: Mecha-Merlin - one AutoFalconoid [5 Luxe] + one CS Module Pack [17 Luxe] + one Medikit [Xv.2] [0 Luxe]; Total 5+17+0+25 = 47 Luxe.
Option 2: Port-A-Sword - one Experimental Port-A-Luxe [5 Luxe] + one CS Module Pack [17 Luxe] + one Medikit [Xv.2] [0 Luxe]; Total 5+17+0+25 = 47 Luxe.
Option 3: Ripper-Reaper - one Rig-Ripper [15 Luxe] + one CS Module Pack [17 Luxe] + one Medikit [Xv.2] [0 Luxe]; Total 15+17+0+25 = 57 Luxe.
Option 4: Mangler-Detangler - one Weapon Upgrade Kit [18 Luxe] + one CS Module Pack [17 Luxe] + one Medikit [Xv.2] [0 Luxe]; Total 18+17+0+25 = 60 Luxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Mari Anne HP: 2/3 Move: 2 Luxe: 18 Cyber: Eye Gear
DPM Pistol Mods:
Depleted Pandemonium Rounds (1 DoT)
Neutronium-Tipped Rounds (Pen on multiple of 4)

It was a truly sisyphean struggle.

Dig in

Wishlist
Hey sponsors, I could use something with a Push or Pull effect to get me out of this hex when I inevitably get sucked in again next round. Pretty please? And if you're already sending out a drone, could you load it up with a megascope as well?

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at May 17, 2018 around 21:45

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Just shoot the anomaly with the MCAD, nothing can go wrong.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 4 / DR: 1 / LUXE: 031 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array, Ablative Upgrades, Weapon Mount, Capacitor Filaments, Ion Screen / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom, Unearthly Talons]
WEAPON MODS: EZ-Snipe (Mounted)
TOKENS: 5 Charge

Not even stopping to admire his kill, Bobby-Jack immediately went back to fiddling with the lockdown consoles. He was getting tired of staying still.

Autoscanning
Getting through the Lockdown: 1d6= 5

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 5 / LUXE: 49-40=9 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES, LURKING HORROR
Notes: Medkit-empty, -2 shuttle move
Shuttle: 9/10HP, DR2, 5 move, shields +5DR (-2move), defensive cannons 1d6/5 (-2 move)

"So listen, I don't think there is any easy way to get you guys inside the shuttle without depressurising. I know, it sucks! So I might head back this way once I've secured an entrance inside, but until then you guys keep safe, right? See you soon!"

deploy x-mod: 1d20 20 Wiggle snoot friendlily at the droppers through the window. Try and work out of they understand?

Wish list
A repair kit and a spacer suit would be quite helpful out here. Should have thought about that before heading out, oops!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at May 17, 2018 around 22:18

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

[BEE-NORE / HP2/2 / MOVE1/SHIFT / LUXE6-Held/57-Online / COMPOUND EYES / UNSTABLE ANATOMY / GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS / BRUTAL TELEGNOSIS / DESPERATE AUTOTOMY / WAGGLE DANCE]

"Alright, fella, let's try this." Bee-nore, still patting the Hivetank's broad snout, climbed up and onto its back. When it didn't immediately kill him, he blew out an anxious breath. Finally, some firepower.

Scanning, Mounting Hivetank, Picking Up Isotope (because I haven't actually done that yet) oops
Alright I'm stable. More mutagens would be rad!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 22:39

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 6/9 / MOVE: 3 / DR: 4 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 011 / SQUIDPACK STATUS: EMPTY / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR + THREADED VISUALIZER, DERMAL ARMOR + HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, BONE LACING + TRAUMA WEBBING / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE + CHILD OF THE ATOM, BESTIAL FUGUE + ABHORRENT RENDING, ABLATIVE LIMB + CADDISFLY KID, COMPOUND EYES + SENSORY CORE, CAUSTIC HEMORRHEXIS]

Cryo gritted her teeth as she narrowly ducked the second plasma blast. It was time to end this. She slapped the Megascope onto the Warpoon and grinned as torrents of useful telemetry spilled across her cortical inlays

Megascoping: 1d4 3

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

The punishments for failure at Pertinax were many and varied, often creative and left to the whim of the punished party's supervisor, though there exists somewhere in the employee handbook an exhaustive list of examples of things that would subject you to formal sanction. One such sanction is "entertainment repurposing," which in conjunction with the Solar Decree's Judicial Division of Entertainment and Wrecking Crew LLC and other bloodsport providers meant being sent to some ruined hellhole as fodder.

Such was the fate of the swab presently being panoplied in a hurriedly put-together Mari Anne cosplay outfit and crammed forcibly into a box at Aethelred's instruction. Soon, he would be soaring less than majestically down to Drop, to provide the hapless crooner with something to feed the anomaly that she might escape. Before the box lid was closed, the hapless swab has a Megascope thrust into their hands and is told to give it to Mari Anne.

Luxe expenditure: Pertinax 25, Mari Anne 2, Cosmiq 5

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at May 18, 2018 around 06:47

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Please... Don't read this post where other people can see...

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 16/16 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /3 LUXE / 5/15 EVO POINTS / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, UNSTABLE ANATOMY, EXTREMOPHILE, EXO-PROPOLIS, ENTOMOSKEPSIS]

"Oh come on, now!" Stev stood as he yelled into the distance, completely disregarding the assembled Gammas. "That was completely uncalled for! You'd better hope I don't come over there and cram a fistful of bees up your rear end, buddy, because you sure as hell deserve it!"

Scan

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

"If only Mirko was here to help. Welp, here goes."

--- Incoming Message from Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C. ---

Dear Mari Anne:

The ancients said something about performing the same experiments with the same initial conditions and expecting different results. I forget what offhand and I'll probably embarrass myself by finding out later, but c'est la vie.

Apparently Wrecking Crew offers video feeds to spectators and sponsors even from wreckers that go to places like Between. This was not previously disclosed to our office, and has raised some questions. But this is not something that ought affect or trouble you, and study of the archived feeds, combined with our existing and gathered records, has provided some avenues for development of novel protection gear. In any case, I'm offering you an alternative to your benighted attempts to escape your local spatial anomaly, and to change the initial conditions of your, perhaps our, experiment.

Enclosed in this parcel are an environment suite which, in preliminary testing in laboratory meta-environments, has proven effective in resisting the effects of Between and its transitions. If it's not enough, maybe whatever madness Red's sending your way will pick up the slack.

Regardless what you decide to do, I'm throwing in one of those Squidpacks that wreckers seem fond of. May it serve you well.

Ride the Warp;
2 Jordan 2 Salgado-Said 5
Chief Deputy Undersecretary of Solar Decree Affairs
Liaison for Wrecking Crew
Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C.

--- Message Ends ---

wrecker requisitions posted:

Interdimensional Hazmat Gear [x.3?*] and Squidpack to Mari Anne, standard delivery: [40] luxe

Payment from Virtual Domain Partners: [5] luxe; [zero] remain
Payment from Cosmiq: [25] luxe; [zero] remain
Payment from Rook Engineered Organisms: [10] luxe; [zero] remain

*seriously what are we up to now

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Sponsorship posted:

Pertinax spends 32 Luxe (PAF 25, Cosmiq 5, Mari Anne 2) on behalf of Mari Anne for Drone Delivery of Experimental Biodecoy! It will arrive on Sponsor Phase.

Sponsorship posted:

Virtual Domain Partners spends 40 Luxe (5 VDP, 25 Cosmiq, 10 Rook) on behalf of Mari Anne for Drone Delivery of Metamat Gear and Squidpack! They will arrive on Sponsor Phase.

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Bobby-Jack stands down Alert! Movement ban lifted in 02.07! Encounters in Docking Area will no longer automatically activate!
Scanning...
01.05: Weakened Particle Barrier
01.08: Rich Salvage, Security Lockdown
02.06: Bacterial Colony, Biological Sample, Distressed Hull
02.08: Gamma Crawler
02.09: Midge, Security Lockdown, Midge's Beta Crawler, Beta Crawler, 2 Security Turrets
03.05: Sinking Muck, Tangled Undergrowth
03.06: Biological Sample
03.08: Rigged Horror, Midge's Beta Crusher
Scan complete.

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
Skipp Salvages for 6 Luxe and Advanced Electronics!

3. Midge Gureyevitch
Midge attempts to stand down Alert, but does not succeed!
Reinforcements! Beta Crawler deployed!
Security Turret 1 Locks On to Midge's Beta Crawler!
Turret must attack Midge's Beta Crawler next Round, but Attacks on that target ignore downscales/evasion and gain top attack priority!
Security Turret 2 Locks On to Midge's Beta Crawler!
Turret must attack Midge's Beta Crawler next Round, but Attacks on that target ignore downscales/evasion and gain top attack priority!
Ambush Prepared!
Scanning...
00.09: 2 Gamma Crawlers
00.10: S@wb0nez
01.08: Rich Salvage, Security Lockdown
01.09: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Crawlers
01.10: Mari Anne, Spatial Anomaly
02.06: Bacterial Colony, Biological Sample, Distressed Hull
02.07: Bobby-Jack, Capacitor Banks
02.08: Gamma Crawler
02.10: Stev, 3 Gamma Enforcers, 2 Gamma Crawlers
02.12: Zinore, Horrific Hivetank, Rare Isotope
03.06: Biological Sample
03.08: Rigged Horror, Allied Beta Crusher
03.09: Rich Salvage
03.10: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Crawlers
04.07: Tangled Undergrowth
05.09: Skipp
Scan complete.

4. Lucinda
Lucinda deploys Experimental CS Mod Kit!

5. Cryo
Cryo Calibrates Megascope*! Attack Upscaled x3!

6. Mari Anne
Mari Anne digs in!

7. Stev
Scanning...
01.09: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Crawlers
01.10: Mari Anne, Spatial Anomaly
02.09: Midge, Midge's Beta Crawler
03.09: Rich Salvage
03.10: Beta Crawler, 2 Gamma Crawlers
Scan complete.

8. Scramble
Scramble consumes Experimental Mutagen! Scramble Mutates!

Mutatis Mutandis posted:

Good Integration! Restore 1 HP for the next 4 Hazard Phases!
Reduandant Augmentation! +1 Max HP!

9. Zinore
Zinore Mounts Horrific Hivetank!

Spatial Anomaly! Mari Anne resists the anomaly's pull!

Emergency Purge! Pod 4 jettisoned!

There's the tone, and that means it's Lucky Round 13. What do you make of the state of our Wreckers, Rev?
Stationary, Haze. Stationary as f--.
Hm. Our wreckers do seem content to sit tight while the station disintegrates around them, it's true.
Well, to speak with us about DROP's security situation, and answer other questions we may have, Wrecking Crew is glad to welcome Easter Seven Cave, Cyberwarfare Consultant for Teva-Taulline Amalgamated, and, more pertinently, former Security Coordinator for Hyperion Biodyne.
Chào mừng, Cave!

Delighted to broadcast my presence alongside your own. With Hyperion's collapse and TTA's purchase of my indenture, I find myself somewhat more free to divulge technical details.
stop staring, Cawsey Cave, what can you tell us about the...impasse some of the Wreckers have found themselves in? Was that by design?
I'm afraid not; without my guiding hand, I assure you the systems are quite feral. As if the time pressure inherent in a rapidly decaying orbit weren't sufficient, the longer they linger in a given module, the longer SecCon will have to mire them in lockdowns and overwhelm them with reinforcements. Also, while I commend Master Gureyevitch's cunning use of malicious code, he should take extra care to mind his data hygiene, or he might find himself playing host to one of SecCon's splinter minds.
dome...
Yes, I'm afraid the domes aren't quite rated for the degree of conflict Wrecking Crew delivers. Poor Pod 4; Doctor Heidegger would be crushed, if his engrams hadn't been flashed to cold storage during the liquidation. He did so dote on the fungus in that habitat.
Any tempting morsels you can deliver to the viewers, or the Wreckers?
Purely rumor...I certainly haven't kept any monitor feeds open...but it is my understanding that not all members of the crew were evacuated, and that a number of these personnel have gone a bit...sensitive in the intervening period.
Space Madness? Are we talking a cadre of sweaty-toothed strongasses, laying savage claim to territory by force of beefy arm and festooning the corridors with grisly fetishes comprising the mangled remains of their enemies, to which their demented minds, soft with radiation and isolation, ascribe spiritual significance?
Yes.
Slivy. You are uniquely upsetting to behold, but you know just what to say to make my face flex.
Ahem...Where might the Wreckers run afoul of that lot?
...The greatest concentration might be found in Habitat Connector North, in the crew unit and Admin sectors. Hypothetically.
Cave, we've linked the Wreckers' Devices and the Sponsor Lounge, and with your indulgence, we'll let them each ask you a question.
Delightful.

Wreckers and Sponsors, you may submit a question to Easter Seven Cave this round!

Drone Delivery posted:

Mari Anne receives Experimental Biodecoy, MetaMat Gear, MegaScope*, and Squidpack!

Sponsors posted:

Stipends
Pertinax Ammofab +5
Hideous Dynamics +5
Virtual Domain Partners +5
Cosmiq +5

Standings
Pertinax Ammofab 5
RookEngOrg 0
Hideous Dynamics 10
Virtual Domain Partners 5
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 5
IPC 10
Cosmiq 5
Academy of Titan 10
Wrecker Retirement Fund 0

Accounts posted:

1. Bobby-Jack 89
2. Skipp Wiley Jr. 5
3. Midge 100
4. Lucinda 0
5. Cryo 108
6. Mari Anne 0
7. Stev 100
8. Scramble 53
9. Zinore 47

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax AmmoFab
>Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
>Salvage Escape Pod Alpha (north)
>Obtain telemetry from each Pod's environmental pylon
(Lucinda: 1; Mari Anne: 1)
>Find Station Administration and extract data core and encryption key, then transmat to Pertinax
>Solo the midboss
>Provide a scan of the Cancer Killer relic rifle
>Perform a scan from the location of Thurl's death beacon. +5 luxe for advanced scan telemetry from enhanced scan wetware.
>Locate the remains of Laze and retrieve/transmat a biological sample to Pertinax.
>Locate any potential residue or remains of Thurl Rooksfield, retrieve, and transmat to Pertinax.
>Ambush a Dropper hunting party.
>Raid a Horror Lair.
>Kill a Horror [matriarch].
>Skin a Horror [matriarch] and transmat its hide and skull to Pertinax.
>Lead a Horror into a Dropper village.
>Gather biological samples from Between and transmat them to Pertinax.
>Scan the Obelisk̤ at the heart of Between.
>Scan Scorpio
Transmat the following items to Pertinax:
>Technoflux
> Scorpio Components
> Alpha Core
> Advanced Electronics
> Xenoculture Sample
> Biological Sample
> Hyperinduction Coil

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
>Prove that you are worthy to bear the Cancerkiller Rifle by defeating the Crazed Hermit in single combat .
>Transmat the Experimental Workout Equipment
>Crash the Executive Shuttle into something. Or someone.
>Kill at least one opponent per round for four consecutive rounds.

Rook EngOrg
>Slay each (5) Corvid Battlebird, Or Extract Them.
>Use An Environmental Pylon To Raise The Heat
>Use An Environmental Pylon To Lower The Heat
>KILL Wrecker Zinore.
>Transmat Zinore's Body .
>Spawn a viable Hive in an Inferno hex
>Spawn a viable Hive in a toxic hex
>Spawn a viable Hive in Between

Cosmiq
> Muckraker: Spend 3 consecutive turns in swamp or river hexes.
> Moonscraper: Spend 3 consecutive turns in the unshielded sections.
> Spicy Meatball: Consume any of the local flora or fauna
> Danger Zone: Be the first to find a Yellow Clearance Card
> Party Central: Be the first to find a Red Clearance Card
> Star Chaser: Meet with 4 other Wreckers.
> Trailblazer: Visit all 5 Pods.
> Lucky Devil Get struck by lightning 2 times.
> Axe Grinder: Apply 3 mods to the same weapon.
> Ride Runner: (Non-Veterans only) Spend 3 consecutive turns in a Rig or on a mount.
> Label Maker: (Non-Veterans only) Obtain a signature-rank weapon or higher (no loans).
> Close Shaver: (Non-Veterans only) Survive an Ambush from an enemy.
> Love Crusader: After a close call, engage in an emotional moment that viewers would find heartwarming.
>Ship Shaper: (Non-Stev only) Make 3 permanent changes to the Sponsors-Only Map.
> Tish Toucher: Make 3 changes to zone-wide environmental Hazards.
> Grim Harvester: Reach a kill count of 20 in Drop.
> Sneaky Snake: Make it into Pod 2 without Yellow Clearance.
> Mood Killer: Attack another Wrecker and deal damage.
>Jet Getter: Take the Executive Shuttle away from Lucinda.
>Jolly Jacker: Subvert or control the mind of another Wrecker.

Virtual Domain Partners
>Find and either scan or transmat components of the station's pseudogravity system. This may be under the ground cover, or under the pylons, or on the outside of the station. Again, go for spare parts if you can.
>Find and either scan or transmat equipment or chemistry that helps the plants on Drop grow the way they do. Check the environmental pylons and the water. Also check the engineering assembly. Go for spare parts if you can.
>Make peace with the Droppers. Infestation does not count as peace.
>Repair a heat shield.
>Provide a technical readout of, or deliver, heat shield components. Would prefer they're from a heat shield that can't be repaired but wreckers gonna wreck.
>Repair a particle barrier.
>Provide a technical readout of, or deliver, particle barrier components. Same deal as the heat shield components.
>Successfully duplicate or forge a clearance card of any color. (Once per color)
> Move from one pod to another, or complete another challenge for any sponsor, via extra-vehicular activity (EVA, or 'going out into space'). [+5 luxe out of pocket for using vacuum-rated jump modules during EVA.]
\ @ A station hex exposed to vacuum counts as EVA only while the gravity has gone out in that hex.
\ @ Skipp Wiley Jr. may complete this challenge, in whole or in part, even if another wrecker has already done so.
>If you've been Between, try to use yourself as a Myriad Beacon. Or try to use a wrecker that has as one, whether you have or not. ... I'd ask first.
>If you find yourself 'in Between', bring scans of the landscape back to basic space.
\ @ Each Wrecker may complete this challenge once.
\ @ Scans may only satisfy this challenge once per instance of Between scanned.
>If you find yourself 'in Between', transmat or otherwise deliver an artifact you find there, or that you create from what you find there.
\ @ Each Wrecker may complete this challenge once.
\ @ Each Artifact may only be used to complete this challenge once. No 'two Wreckers submit a Technoflux each and both get credit'.

Academy of Titan
AoT Department of Engineering
>Obtain MORE field date on kinetic-shift weaponry (Force-Move a Creature or be force-moved yourself onto a REAL obstacle, such as a Space Dome or a Mountainside or Zodiac Wrecker)
>Take readings from malfunctioning Hyperion Biodyne heat shielding (Spend at least two hazard phases total in a hex with a 'Damaged Heat Shield' Encounter)
>Gather and exfiltrate Building Materials from The Between
>Install Hyperinduction Coil into a Rig of Beta class or better

AoT Department of Biology
>Vivisect a Dropper (Spend an action to vivisect a Disabled Dropper)
>Gather samples from Hyperion Biodyne experiments (Encounter at least 3 distinct plant/fungoid encounters)
>Mix Dimensional Shambles into a Mutagen and INJECT IT INTO YOURSELF (we're just really curious)
>Steal Horror eggs from a Horror Lair (Exfiltrate a clutch of Horror Eggs)
>Gather and exfiltrate Lifeform Specimens from The Between
>Perform an experimental field eggectomy for Friend Egg removal (This takes an Action. Tools not necessary.)

AoT Department of Non-Anthropology
>Try to communicate with the Droppers (Spend an Action to chat with a Dropper encounter you have NOT personally attacked)
>Play enclosed message at Dropper Lair (Spend an Action to 'play recorded AoT message' at a Dropper Lair that you have NOT personally attacked)

AoT Department of Climate Science
>Enter following Academy supplied code titled "!!FUN!!" at an Environmental Pylon (Just do it)
>Enter following Academy supplied code titled "RAPTURE" at an Environmental Pylon (Just do it)
>Enter following Academy supplied code titled "RAGNA" at an Environmental Pylon (Just do it)
>Enter following Academy supplied code titled "VOIDGAZER" at an Environmental Pylon, alongside given extraplanar coordinates (Just do it)
>Transmat the Climatic Resolver to us

AoT Department of Extrasensory Neurology
>Ask a Time Traveler to return 'The Slab'. Bring us 'The Slab' (we want 'The Slab')
>Wrecker Zinore: Reach the Fulcrum and observe it with your mind (reach the fulcrum by moving towards the pull until you reach it. Observing the Fulcrum takes an Action)
AoT Leading Board of Faculty
>Kill or otherwise remove from the show wrecker Bobby-Jack Johnson

Intrasolar Party of Communists
>Salvage the malfunctioning nanite controller from the climate control in pod 2
>Upload Scan Data from inside a rad zone in pod 2
>Transmat the nanite storage from a climate control in Between
>Either subvert and transmat or destroy and transmat the remains of the automated repair bot that will try to replace the destroyed door.
>Fly the repaired shuttle into the spatial anomaly

Hideous Dynamics
> Transmat the Climatic Resolver to us.
> Prove the existence of Between to Dr. Skipp Wiley.
> Transmat a spatial annihilator corpse to Hideous Dynamics.
> Transmat a friend corpse to Hideous Dynamics.
>Send a transmission from a myriad beacon.

HIVER EYEZ ONLY
Stev's Next Bvolution: 10/25
Zinore's Next Bvolution: 0/10
> Cultivate a Cluster in Pod 1's Pylon: 10 Bvo Points
> Cultivate a Cluster in Pod 2's Pylon: 15 Bvo Points
> Cultivate a Cluster in Pod 5's Pylon: 20 Bvo Points
>Infest a Security Terminal: 10 Bvo Points
>Shift to a hiver in a different pod: 5 Bvo Points
>Shift to the location of an infested non-hiver: 5 Bvo Points
> Fully Infest a neutral NPC: 5 Bvo Points
> Fully Infest a Beta or higher Rig: 10 Bvo Points
> Fully Infest Scorpio: 50 Bvo Points

Wreckers, get Moving!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at May 19, 2018 around 02:44

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Hell Gem

x2

HP: 5/5 DR1 Move: 5 Luxe: 114 Fuel: 05
Inventory: Unstable Mech-Mangler (1d8/3 Rampage +Scrap, Unreliable) // Optiscope (1Upscale+0) // CS Armor (Green) (+1 DR) // Hazmat Gear [X] (DR2 Toxic, DR2 Vacuum) // Hazmat Gear [X] (DR3 Inferno, DR1 Rad) // Advanced Electronics (x2)
Consumables: Squidpack (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full) // Jump-Assist [X] (Full) // Medikit (Full) // Medikit [Xv.3] (Full) // Fabrikit [X] (Full)

Skipp Wiley Jr. heard a distinctive pattern crackling over the short-range comms, but when he resolved the local frequencies all he could pick up was ambient static. Someone must've been trying to tell him something, or attempting to send packets of raw scan data his way. It was likely Midge pinging Skipp with Drop's latest available regional information. Skipp tweaked an aural antennae and waited for the stream to trickle in...

Drat. The Scan data was garbled. He must be too far away from the sender.

No matter - Skipp could do without an updated map for now. Skipp knew precisely where Midge had wound up just by reviewing the ongoing Wrecker feeds and crosschecking them with his slightly outdated Scan data. Midge was stuck behind a cage somewhere close by and needed backup. Mari-Anne was dug in with the Anomaly and probably ready to jump ship. Beyond that, Capricorn-killer Stev the beekeeper had been halted by a squad of rigs somewhere nearby...

It was a powder keg of personalities ready to go off at a moment's notice. Skipp aimed on meeting back up with Midge as soon as possible, but if that meant running into Stev Ansahok - the ominous harbinger of bee-corruption - then Skipp was going to be on his guard. He shuddered at the thought of what had happened to Rook's Wrecker, Zinore, after he'd gotten infested. Skipp hadn't been paying close attention to the Wreckers' feeds at the time, but Zinore's sudden change over to the Hiver "Bee-nore" had chilled Skipp to the bone. He didn't want the same fate to befall him, whatsoever.

Skipp called into the local comms network, "Midge, you there? It's Skipp - I'm heading back your way. Hold tight!"

Movement: Skipp retraces his steps and follows Midge's last known route! 05.09 -> 04.09 -> 03.08 -> 02.09 -> 02.10 -> 01.10

Wishlist: I really want a CS Armor Mod, you guys! (Plus something to combine with my sword, plus something to feed a horror mount in the future...)
Option 1: Mecha-Merlin - 47 Luxe Option 2: Port-A-Sword - 47 Luxe Option 3: Ripper-Reaper - 57 Luxe Option 4: Mangler-Detangler - 60 Luxe

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 4 / DR: 1 / LUXE: 031 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing, Gyroscopic Stabilizers, Telescopic Array, Ablative Upgrades, Weapon Mount, Capacitor Filaments, Ion Screen / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption, Giant Pincer, Vox Mutandis, Psychoactive Pheromones, Creeping Doom, Unearthly Talons]

Surveying the terrain that had newly opened up to him, Bobby-Jack made note of the best possible vector to approach his intended target. One route went right under a bit of clearly structurally compromised Dome, and also had some sort of bacterial concentration that he did not particularly want to approach. Another route was accosted by particularly difficult terrain to traverse, too, but at least he had one route that seemed rather clear. Well, as clear as a swamp could be, but still, it was trek-able at least.

Moving to the empty Hex of 04.06 via 03.06 (ignoring the Biological Sample in hex 03.06)

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Hell Gem

[Sponsor Luxe: 5]

Dr. Wiley was mired in his office after normal working hours, stewing over a string of recent expenditures he'd had to explain to the higher-ups that had been deducted from the public Cosmiq account without his explicit clearance. He was locked in a session of throwing his grav-yoyo stress ball at the talking faces in the holo-feed display when he decided to vent his frustrations to the world at large.

"Who the Sam Heck is this Mari-Anne anyway, and why is Cosmiq footing the bill for her inability to-" he tossed the yoyo from his chair with an audible grunt and caught it as it bounced back on its invisible grav-string, "-to get away from an overblown gravity-particle effect? I mean-" he tossed the ball again, harder this time. "It's absolutely ridiculous that they'd appropriate so much Cosmiq funding just for one newbie wrecker, especially one who's just pretending-" he throws the ball, "-to run away from from some lazy special effect that takes you to magical backstage land?!"

Dr. Wiley threw the grav-yoyo as hard as he could and winced when the thing snapped back into his hand at maximum speed. He detached the grav-mag-ring from his finger and set the stress toy down on his desk.

He sighed as he massaged his bruised palm, grousing, "At the very least the poor girl's got everything she could ever need for a long time. Fine. I can live with that."

"Cripes," he groaned as he looked at the clock, rubbing his face, "I still have to write that formal query to that TTA battleaxe, Easter Seven Cave. Let's see here..."

Dr. Skipp Wiley Sr. penned the following missive to Easter Seven Cave, Cyberwarfare Consultant for Teva-Taulline Amalgamated and former Security Coordinator for Hyperion Biodyne:

code:
To ESC, CyberCons for TTA, formerly HB CoordSec: 
How many of Drop's Access Keycards are available in each color?
Before he clocked out for the night, Dr. Wiley updated his Wrecker Challenge list with something he'd hope to see completed sooner rather than later. Had to make that luxe back somehow!

COSMIQ SURVIVAL CHALLENGES [1-21]:
  • Muckraker: Spend 3 consecutive turns in swamp or river hexes.
  • Moonscraper: Spend 3 consecutive turns in the unshielded sections.
  • Spicy Meatball: Consume any of the local flora or fauna.
  • Danger Zone: Obtain Yellow Clearance.
  • Party Central: Obtain Red Clearance.
  • Star Chaser: Meet with 4 other Wreckers.
  • Trailblazer: Visit all 5 Pods.
  • Lucky Devil: Get struck by lightning 2 times.
  • Axe Grinder: Apply 3 mods to the same weapon.
  • Ride Runner: (Non-Veterans only) Spend 3 consecutive turns in a Rig or on a mount.
  • Label Maker: (Non-Veterans only) Obtain a signature-rank weapon or higher (no loans).
  • Close Shaver: (Non-Veterans only) Survive an Ambush from an enemy.
  • Love Crusader: After a close call, engage in an emotional moment that viewers would find heartwarming.
  • Ship Shaper: (Non-Stev only) Make 3 permanent changes to the Sponsors-Only Map. (Cryo 1, Mari-Anne 1, Scramble 1, Zinore 2)
  • Tish Toucher: Make 3 changes to zone-wide environmental Hazards. (Bobby-Jack 1, Midge 1, Lucinda 1, Mari-Anne 1, Stev 1)
  • Grim Harvester: Reach a kill count of 20 in Drop.
  • Sneaky Snake: Make it into Pod 2 without Yellow Clearance.
  • Mood Killer: Attack another Wrecker and deal damage.
  • Jet Getter: Take the Executive Shuttle away from Lucinda.
  • Jolly Jacker: Subvert or control the mind of another Wrecker.
  • > Thing Flinger: Push or Pull enemies 3 times.

Kill Count posted:

Bobby-Jack Johnson: 11
Skipp Wiley Jr.: 12
Midge Gureyevitch: 8
Lucinda VIII Keel-Thoristew: 3
Cryo: 10
Mari-Anne: 3
Stev Ansahok: 1 [8]
Scramble: 15
Zinore: 2

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

DPM Pistol Mods:

Mari took the time to type out a question for the expert that was on the panel:
Are there any spare part storages for the failing systems to stabilize the station somewhat?
She then turned around and looked at the anomaly. The sponsors had certainly been good to her this round, so Mari decided that it was time to face the anomaly and get it over with.

Walk into the anomaly

Wishlist
GERONIMO!

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at May 19, 2018 around 13:05

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Subverted and Upgraded:

[MIDGE / HP:5/5 (RIG: 4/6)/ MOVE: 2 (RIG: 2)/ FUEL: 47 / LUXE: 91 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL] WEAPON MODS: [JD] TARGET ASSIST

A chance to ask a question, and of the last Security Coordinator for this place, no less. By their own words, one whose guiding hand could tame these security systems.

"Consultant Easter Seven Cave, your advice on data hygiene is well taken, thank you. What are the admin override details for the station security systems? I can imagine there were ways to get out of situations like this one. I'm grateful for your time."

Beta Crusher move to 02:09 and position itself so that Midge's Beta Crawler is between it and the Rigged Horror that Mlemmed it last turn. Midge will use the data gleaned from subverting Emlemma to look as appetising as possible to that Rigged Horror to encourage it to grab and pull Midge's delicious, delicious Beta Crawler.

Wishlist:I'm almost tempted to call for an airstrike on the station's security hub.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 11/17 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ORGANIC CORE / WARPED INSIGHT+WARPED PRECOGNITION/ SWOLLEN MUSCULATURE+NEWFLESH EIDOLON/ ACIDIC SPEW+BIOLYTIC ERUPTION / ClusterDet Rounds and Mag-Rail on Stinger / 14 luxe ]

Scramble cocks her head at the security specialist's broadcast. What to ask? What to ask?

"Ice mistress, what are the specific criteria that trigger emergency purges of pods?"

Scramble turns to regard a panting continuity ranger, coming down off his break. In an inquisitive mindset, she has some questions for him as well. She's certain he won't be as forthcoming as Easter Seven Cave however. No matter.

No movement yet

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 5 / LUXE: 49-40=9 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES, LURKING HORROR
Shuttle: 9/10HP, DR2, 5 move, shields +5DR (-2move), defensive cannons 1d6/5 (-2 move)

move to 09.09

Question- any details on the droppers or the bio program that led to these cute/rad Tardigrades?

Wishlist:
In gonna save up for 2x meta-mods!

sorry no time for more IC post, busy busy!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 00:21

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 16/16 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /3 LUXE / 5/15 EVO POINTS / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, UNSTABLE ANATOMY, EXTREMOPHILE, EXO-PROPOLIS, ENTOMOSKEPSIS]

Sadly, revenge would have to wait. He wasn't about to turn around to fight the betas, especially not with the security level ratcheting up. No, it was time to get a move on. As Stev walked between the assembled gammas, ignoring them completely, he kicked his speaker systems into gear, struck by the mood once again. Gotta pass the time somehow, after all.

Doot... dedoot doo. Doot dedoot--

Wait, he had a question to ask. "Is it possible to disable the emergency purge function?" There. Now he could get back to it. From the top!

Doot... dedoot doo. Doot dedoot doo.

I'm a scary swarmlord of the Hive,
Existential threat Class Five..
Your compound eyes are like clusters far away.

While the luxe-filled dreams we all seem to keep,
Drive on wreckers 'til they weep,
With future hivers in clusters far away...

So tell the sponsors what you see
Your heart is filling up with bees,
Alarms are rising, to fill us all with fear
And nobody knows how to take that heat
At environ pylons we will meet while shields are falling... beneath unfiltered sky...

Move: Move 2.09->2.08->2.07->2.06

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 02:37

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Q&A posted:

Cosmiq: To ESC, CyberCons for TTA, formerly HB CoordSec:
How many of Drop's Access Keycards are available in each color?
I couldn't begin to guess at this point, Dr. Wiley; the authentifabs have been presumably under the control of either SecCom or feral crewmen since the liquidation. I would hazard to say an effectively unlimited number of Blue clearance cards are possible. Based on my data, there are at least three yellow cards in play; formerly all in the hands of crew, but perhaps not so universally anymore. For Red clearance, no more than two, if one counts the Director's skeleton code. I could be mistaken, of course...

Mari Anne: Are there any spare part storages for the failing systems to stabilize the station somewhat?
The Engineering constructs could fabricate components to repair or replace shielding or the like, certainly. The obvious prophylaxis: avoiding explosives, small arms fire, and general armed conflict, is hardly feasible in the circumstances.
Alternately, one could cast their allegiance to the Hive; propolis would be a sturdy, renewable resource for mitigation of structural damage.

Midge: "Consultant Easter Seven Cave, your advice on data hygiene is well taken, thank you. What are the admin override details for the station security systems? I can imagine there were ways to get out of situations like this one. I'm grateful for your time."
You'll find any subverted terminal quickly quarantined, and while you could attempt access to SecCom's core through such a control surface, it would be...challenging, not to mention perilous. For gaining global control, a more certain course would be to access the Security Core in Administration, and physically link with and override SecCom's kernel.
Not that he'll go quietly, mind you.

Scramble: "Ice mistress, what are the specific criteria that trigger emergency purges of pods?"
When the biomonitors detect a catastrophic failure of the habitat's experiment, deemed beyond rescue or an extant risk to other experiments, it will be terminated. The algorithm has a high tolerance, so long as the environmental controller is functional. If not, well...see for yourself.

Lucinda: Question- any details on the droppers or the bio program that led to these cute/rad Tardigrades?
My (admittedly limited) understanding is that the hyperdeveloped tardigrades were an entirely accidental byproduct, but that destroying them would have proven too resource-intensive. I can also neither confirm nor deny certain researchers administering ilicit experiments to...thumb the scale, so to speak. They do have a certain magnetism, don't they?

Stev: "Is it possible to disable the emergency purge function?"
Only with executive directive. You'll need the Director's codes for that, I'm afraid, and the ferals won't give up his skull gladly. Not...that I'm saying there's a skull. Purely hypothetical skull.

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Movement to 04.06.

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
Movement to 03.08!

3. Midge Gureyevitch / 7. Stev
Midge moves nowhere.
Stev's movement is halted at 02.09!
Stev enters the hex!
Midge's Beta Crusher enters the hex!

Challenge Complete posted:

Cosmiq - Star Chaser: Meet with 4 other Wreckers.
Midge is awarded 10 Luxe for completion.
Cosmiq is awarded 5 Luxe for completion.

4. Lucinda
Movement to 09.09

5. Cryo
Movement nowhere

6. Mari Anne
Mari Anne enters the anomaly!
Mari Anne is protected from pattern degradation!
Mari Anne emerges at 14.04!
Spatial Anomaly vanishes!

8. Scramble
Movement nowhere.

9. Zinore
Movement nowhere.

Wreckers, resolve Encounters!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 11:36

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 14/16 / DR: 3 / MOVE: 4 /3 LUXE / 5/15 EVO POINTS / CYBER: RIG JACK, UPGRADE PROTOCOLS, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES, REINFORCED EXOSKELETON, HAZARD BAFFLING, ADVANCED OPTICS, TELESCOPIC ARRAY, BLOODHAWK BEAM, THE FULL ROBERT, BIONIC RECALIBRATION, CAPACITOR FILAMENTS /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS, UNSTABLE ANATOMY, EXTREMOPHILE, EXO-PROPOLIS, ENTOMOSKEPSIS]

Stev groaned as he realized he'd wandered into a cordoned off zone. Seeing Midge made it slightly better, because misery loves company, but he really would like to get out of this goddamn hangar already. And of course the calibration of his aim was still off. Just wonderful.

Well, nothing for it. Stev fired off a few deliberate near misses to make the accidental miss look planned.

"Heya Midge! Been a while! Heard you've been keeping busy!"

Encounter: Free suppress, 2 HP Bloodhawk Beam: 1d14 3

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at May 20, 2018 around 03:09

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Hell Gem

x2

HP: 5/5 DR1 Move: 5 Luxe: 114 Fuel: 05
Consumables: Squidpack (Full) // Deployable Cover (Full -> Empty) // Jump-Assist [X] (Full) // Medikit (Full) // Medikit [Xv.3] (Full) // Fabrikit [X] (Full)

Skipp Wiley Jr. hadn't been gliding for very long when he coasted around a large support pillar and came within sight of a Rigged Horror. He landed with a silent padded step and ducked quickly behind cover. The mechanical monstrosity was busily chewing away at some metal chassis that had been left behind from the colossal rig battle Skipp and Midge had held with the Purifiers. Apparently this one was a scavenger, and a hungry one as well. It was only a matter of time before the scaly mechanoid noticed Skipp's presence and tried to make a meal out of the blue boy wonder.

Skipp fired up the short-range Comms and broadcast a quick burst of signals out to those who he thought were in range.

"Midge? Midge, are you there? It's me, Skipp. I was halted at 03.08. You okay in there with Stev?"

"Look, I'm here with a Rigged Horror - I'm gonna try and find a way to bust you out! Stand by."

Skipp didn't have much time to dawdle, so he fired off a quick question to Easter Seven Cave. As the Cyberwarfare Consultant for Teva-Taulline Amalgamated and former Security Coordinator for Hyperion Biodyne, she was a very busy lady. Nonetheless, Skipp only had one question he was allowed to ask, so he wanted to make it count.

Skipp posted:

Dear Easter Seven Cave,
I hope you are well. If you would, please: what is the passphrase to access the security shortcuts in the Rigged Horrors' admin interface? I am trying to tame one. Thank you!
- Skipp Wiley Jr.

Skipp waited for an official response to appear from the ether before he made his move. His Deployable Cover in the meantime shimmered in the air between him and the slavering mechanical menace. With the D-Cover's anti-ballistic nanofab barrier in place, he'd be protected from the worst of the Horror's disabling electrical attacks. All he needed to do was to sneak into a position so that he could glide over and land on top of the Rigged Horrors's back in just the right spot where the Horror couldn't get him off - directly on the bioconstruct's "saddle."

It would be easy. Once he was in the Horror's saddle with Easter Seven Cave's code ready to use he'd have another faithful mount to call his own. This one he'd treat right, too. No more premature dying like what happened with Emlemma either, poor girl.

Skipp Wiley Jr. climbed the access ladder to the support pillar until he found himself in place.

Encounter: Skipp activates his Deployable Cover (+1DR, +Cover)! Skipp attempts to ride on the back of the Rigged Horror!

Wishlist: And just as I was speaking of wanting things to feed a horror mount...
Option 1: Mecha-Merlin - 47 Luxe Option 2: Port-A-Sword - 47 Luxe Option 3: Ripper-Reaper - 57 Luxe Option 4: Mangler-Detangler - 60 Luxe

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Odd.

Bobby-Jack had not noticed the structural damage to the hull from his survey point. Had it appeared while he was walking? If so, he'd have to be quick on his foray here. This station was clearly falling apart.

Taking Cover as long as that doesn't trigger the Distressed Hull's breach chance. Otherwise doing nothing.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[quote="sheep-dodger" post="484242080"]

DPM Pistol Mods:

As she was hurtling through the unknowable void that was the insides of the anomaly, Mari worried that the structural integrity of the hazmat gear she had been sent might not hold up, but she didn't hear any noises indicating that it might be falling (could she even hear anything in here?) and after a moment she saw station light again, though it was very glaring and resembled the starlight she had unleashed on pod 3 earlier. And sure enough, the ceiling of the pod was missing several of its sections. This pod would likely be flooded with radioactivity.

As she was taking all this in, she felt a sucking feeling, similar to what she had felt earlier from the anomaly. Fearing that it hadn't left her alone, she turned around, only to come face to face with a horror that looked unlike anything she had seen so far.
She quickly threw herself to the side, only barely evading its tongue lashing out for her. Apparently it too had been surprised by her sudden appearance.

Finding cover behind a module of the climate control station, she quickly returned fire and nailed the abomination several times. While the shots themselves didn't seem to faze the beast, the Pandemonium rounds should finish it off pretty quickly, if the information she had received from her wristcomp was to be believed.

Suppress
Shoot the horror with the DPM Pistol: 1d12 9
Cover

Wishlist
If a sponsor could whip up something to reset a talent, that would be swell.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 5 / LUXE: 0009 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES, LURKING HORROR

Raise shields! Try and shoot through the hull. Edit roll. Movent dropped to 1 (unless disabled)

Easter Seven Cave posted:

They do have a certain magnetism, don't they?

"I know right? I've only seen them through the glass here, but they look so cute and wiggly! If someone did push their development they are the best! Thanks very much~💜"

Wishlist:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Subverted and Upgraded:

[MIDGE / HP:5/5 (RIG: 4/6)/ MOVE: 2 (RIG: 2)/ FUEL: 47 / LUXE: 91 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL] WEAPON MODS: [JD] TARGET ASSIST

A familiar face in these trying times. He replied,

"Hi Stev, haven't seen you since, hmm, the end of Rime, yes? Strange how it all ends up."

A great many things could happen, and Midge did his best to be ready for all of them.

Midge will continue to have his Beta Crawler look appetising to the Rigged Horror as best he is able. If Midge is safely pulled away before the turrets fire, Beta Crusher to attack everything except Stev. If Midge's Beta Crawler is destroyed by turret fire and Midge remains in the hex, Midge will fire the Junker's Delight with the Optiscope at the enemy Beta Crawler. If Midge is not pulled away and the turrets have not yet fired, Midge's Beta Crusher is to add Midge's Crawler as a viable target in order to try and push it out of the hex before they do.

Wishlist:Airstrike the SecCom hub in the administration section. Let's decentralise all this.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

[BEE-NORE / HP2/2 / MOVE1/SHIFT / LUXE6-Held/47-Online / COMPOUND EYES / UNSTABLE ANATOMY / GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS / BRUTAL TELEGNOSIS / DESPERATE AUTOTOMY / WAGGLE DANCE]

The Hivetank rumbling beneath him, Bee-nore chittered in excitement. He felt powerful and tall, and the fact that he hadn't been shot by a stray bullet or ejected into space while he learned to 'drive' this thing was extremely nice!

Chilling out. Still want that Isotope!
Alright I'm stable. More mutagens would be rad!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 12/17 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ORGANIC CORE / WARPED INSIGHT+WARPED PRECOGNITION/ SWOLLEN MUSCULATURE+NEWFLESH EIDOLON/ ACIDIC SPEW+BIOLYTIC ERUPTION / ClusterDet Rounds and Mag-Rail on Stinger / 14 luxe ]

Scramble reaches out with her mind and seizes control of the officer. His mouth opens and he speaks.

"Alright then let's see what we have here. You seemed somewhat in charge of these weirdos. I'm going rummage around a bit looking for some answers."

Where do you come from and how do you travel between here and there? What forces can your allies bring against me, here or there? What devices do you have and how can I utilize them? What are the goals of your organization? How will they respond to my suborning their agent?

Brainjack: 1d20 9

Not Alex fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 01:52

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Q&A posted:

Skipp: Dear Easter Seven Cave,
I hope you are well. If you would, please: what is the passphrase to access the security shortcuts in the Rigged Horrors' admin interface? I am trying to tame one. Thank you!

If you want to truly master one of those wretched beauties, you'll need to be innoculated with nest pheremones. All security personnel had synthetic ducts implanted, but you could probably mix up something more temporary if you were to come into possession of a scent gland from a horror spawner.

1. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Bobby-Jack takes Cover!

??? hits Bobby-Jack from Range!
Bobby-Jack takes 3 damage and dies remains at 1 HP!
CS Armor exhausts Medikit to restore 1 HP!

2. Skipp Wiley Jr.
Skipp deploys Cover!

Rigged Horror hits Skipp!
Skipp attempts to wrangle Rigged Horror! Skipp gets a grip on Rigged Horror!
Rigged Horror thrashes!

Skipp takes 2 damage (reduced from 4)! Skipp may attempt to Mount Rigged Horror on Action Phase!

3. Midge Gureyevitch / 7. Stev
Security Turret 1 misses Midge's Beta Crawler!
Security Turret 2 hits Midge's Beta Crawler!

Midge's Beta Crusher attacks!
Security Turret 1 is hit!
Security Turret 2 is hit!
Enemy Beta Crawler is hit!

Midge hits Enemy Beta Crawler! Midge knocks loose 14 Luxe!

Stev lays down Suppression!
Stev spends 2 HP to fire Bloodhawk Beam! Stev misses!

Enemy Beta Crawler hits Midge's Beta Crawler!

Enemy Beta Crawler (01.09) hits Midge's Beta Crusher from Range!

Damage
Security Turret 1 takes 2 damage (reduced from 3) and is destroyed!
Security Turret 2 takes 2 damage (reduced from 3) and is destroyed!
Enemy Beta Crawler takes 6 damage (reduced from 8) and is disabled!
Midge's Beta Crawler takes 6 damage and is destroyed!
Midge is hurt during ejection, but suffers no damage!
Midge's Beta Crusher takes 1 damage (reduced from 3)!

Midge is awarded 3 Luxe for rig bounty!
Stev is awarded 3 Luxe for rig bounty!

4. Lucinda
Ionospheric Storm rages! Shuttle avoids damage!

Lucinda Raises Shields! Shuttle +5 DR!
Lucinda fires defense cannon! a minor impact! Particle Barrier weakened in 09.09! Heat Shields damaged in 09.09! Hull damage in 09.09!

5. Cryo
Cryo misses Purifier Knight!

Purifier Knight hits Cryo!
Cryo takes 8 damage (reduced from 9) loses 1 Max HP! to avoid damage!

6. Mari Anne
Mari Anne takes Cover!
Mari Anne lays down Suppression!
Mari Anne hits Vacuous Horror!
Vacuous Horror takes no damage! Vacuous Horror will take 1 damage on Hazard Phase until healed!

Vacuous Horror misses Mari Anne!

8. Scramble
Scramble's skull pulsates! Continuity Ranger Officer is controlled this round!

Where do you come from and how do you travel between here and there?
Ngg...Stasny Hammacher...Sergeant...CR#200391--
Continuity Ranger Officer takes 1 damage!

>What forces can your allies bring against me, here or there?
Hnng... Simple retrieval squads...not here for you...contraband confiscation...just bonus creds...hurk!

>What devices do you have and how can I utilize them?
Fffkk...Stasny Hammacher...ggghugh...Sergeant...CR#20--
Continuity Ranger Officer takes 1 damage!

>What are the goals of your organization?
kkhPlease, don't—
Continuity Ranger Officer takes 1 damage and dies!

Scramble is awarded 6 Luxe for bounty!

9. Zinore
No encounter order.

Wreckers, take Action!

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 02:53

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 12/17 / MOVE: 6 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT+BLOODHOUND / PULSATING SKULL+VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD+THERAPEUTIC RADIATION / BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION / PARALYTIC SPORES+PSYCHOACTIVE PHEROMONES / VILE EMESIS / ORGANIC CORE / WARPED INSIGHT+WARPED PRECOGNITION/ SWOLLEN MUSCULATURE+NEWFLESH EIDOLON/ ACIDIC SPEW+BIOLYTIC ERUPTION / ClusterDet Rounds and Mag-Rail on Stinger / 17 luxe ]

Frail meat. As the officer drops, Scramble sighs. The man's mind had been better protected than she had thought. She was left with more questions than she started with.

Still, they were no longer in her way. She did a bit of light corpse looting and made ready to depart.

Loot the bodies: 2d6 3

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Hell Gem

x2

HP: 3/5 -> 2/3 -> 5/5 DR1 Move: 5 Luxe: 114 -> 104 Fuel: 05
Consumables: Squidpack (Full) // Deployable Cover (Empty -> Full) // Jump-Assist [X] (Full) // Medikit (Full) // Medikit [Xv.3] (Full -> Empty) // Fabrikit [X] (Full)

Though he may be bruised and bloodied, Skipp Wiley Jr. had done it, by gosh-gum-golly! He'd gone and snagged himself a seat on the back of a bucking bronco of a beast, a monster of a mechanoid in the form of an untamed Rigged Horror.

Skipp bit his lip until he tasted blood. He'd ruptured that vein in his nose again. Midway through the scrape and tumble of the Rigged Horror's struggles, Skipp had tapped into the implanted Rigjacker memories stored in his Newtype blood, the very memories that had let him so easily control the Rigged Horror Emlemma before. His instincts told him it would be best to wait for the beast to exhaust itself on its own.

In the meantime, Skipp had to staunch the flow of his own blood. This Rigged Horror had given him a good licking - he'd probably cracked a rib and lost some Newtype blood in the process. The Medikit [Xv.3] was pulled out from Skipp's kit and set to work numbing the pain, even as the Rigged Horror started bucking about again.

"Whoa whoa whoa~!" Skipp crooned to the ferocious cyborg animal as he gripped the saddle with his knees even tighter. "Hold on there buddy, don't be such a kill-joy, Kilroy! Ha ha ha~!"

The enraged cyber-animal froze for a moment when it heard Skipp's piercing staccato bark of a laugh. Skipp seized that moment to stall for time.

"Hey, you like that? Kilroy? That's not such a bad name: Kilroy! What do you think about that, my chrome-scaled friend? Kilroy!"

Skipp Wiley Jr. slammed his rig-jack into the interconnector dongle of the Rigged Horror's manual interface and began loading up Emlemma's old safety preference settings.

The Rigged Horror started thrashing about at this development with renewed vigor. The monstrous mount tossed it's head around in defiance and snarled, flashing sharp plated teeth and snapping them rabidly in the air. Skipp could feel the pain drugs kicking in and the stem cell boosters stitching things back together. Just a little bit longer, now.

"Now Kilroy don't have a fit fighting me - I'm just patching you up. Mister Kilroy Fights-Patches over here..."

The rigged horror being called Kilroy was having none of it, however. The thrashing continued until the monster was absolutely spent fighting the rig-patching process.

"Kilroy Fitzpatrick -" Skipp warned, "you are shaking yourself silly and trying to dismount me, your new best friend! Just wait a little bit and I'll give you a snack."

While Kilroy the rigged horror struggled, Skipp waited for the diagnostic tool in the Medikit [Xv.3] to clear him at full health. When it pinged happily at him, Skipp called up to get his new mount's attention.

"Alright K-Fitz here you go - catch!"

Skipp unceremoniously tossed the unstable consumable up to the mounted Horror's waiting maw. Kilroy's tongue shot out and snagged it out of the air with a sticky electroharpoon.

"Good boy, Kilroy!"

As Kilroy was busy processing the mutagenic snack, Skipp Wiley Jr. put his admin credentials into the Rigged Horror's control console.

Action: Skipp activates the Newtype talent to mimic the Rigjacker's talent set! (-1HP)
Skipp reloads his Deployable Cover with 10 Luxe!
Skipp Applies the Medikit [Xv.3] to himself!: 1d6+1 3 (+3HP, no overheal!)
Skipp Mounts the Rigged Horror as a free action!
Skipp feeds the Rigged Horror his Medikit [Xv.3] as part of his mounting action! (+Cannibalize)
Skipp names the Rigged Horror "Kilroy Fitzpatrick," or "K-Fitz" for short!

Wishlist: So, I guess I could use a replacement Medikit [Xv.3] in the near future, huh? Well, let's be sure to tack one onto the next order! Some spending luxe should be coming soon!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

A sudden impact on his right pauldron threw Bobby-Jack off his feet and had him spin in the air a couple of times, before he faceplanted straight into the murky swamp.

Oh.

It was on.

"Also, hey", Bobby-Jack talked to his comms, "Easter Seven Cave, was it? How do you get to the underdome maintenance areas? And what's the best thing there for an enterprising wrecker?"

Autoscanning
Reloading Medikit

Theantero fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 07:35

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Subverted and Upgraded:

[MIDGE / HP:5/5 (RIG: 6/6)/ MOVE: 2 (RIG: 2)/ FUEL: 55 / LUXE: 91 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, VIRAL PROLIFERATOR, UPGRADE PROTOCOL] WEAPON MODS: [JD] TARGET ASSIST

Midge exhaled. He'd been braced for his ride getting toasted, but it seemed Stev's presence had thrown off the aim of one of the locked-on turrets, that and his armor keeping him from joining it in Rekt city. The enemy Crawler, however, there was an unexpected bonus. Disabled, which meant it would take very little effort to bring it under control. Hefting the Junker's Delight, face set in a determined mien, he ascended to the main hatch and proceeded to take control of the rig in analogue style.

Once he was well situated, he used his antenna to proliferate his latest scan data to Stev and to nearby allies, Skipp at least was probably still in range.

"Help yourself to a share of the floor luxe if you like, Stev, or try and shut down the lock, but if you do be mindful of those turrets and friends, yes? How are you for healing at the moment?"

He turned his attention to his newly captured rig. He shunted the countermeasures it was running to a datachip for analysis to see if he could work out a way to solve them, giving him a clean, open-access slate to insert his dongle and activate his control upgrades with.

Autoscan, Autoambush, Board the Beta Crawler, as part of the boarding action, shunt the countermeasures to a datachip, air gap them, and subvert via direct access. Propagate scan data to allies in scan range.

Wishlist:Airstrike the SecCom hub in the administration section. We know where the brains of all this are, so let's perform an explosive lobotomy.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/4 / MOVE: 5 / LUXE: 0009 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS+BIOLOGICAL LEVITATION, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1, attack from cover], GELATINOUS EPIDERMIS, COMPOUND EYES, LURKING HORROR
Notes: -4 shuttle move

Reload medpack

"damaged hull? Yes! Punch it!"

Wishlist:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Ah! Easter Seven Cave! Cursus '64 if I remember right? I just wanted to inform you that the faculty would be very much interested in welcoming you as a guest lecturer for a negotiable number of cycles, for a fee I'm sure you'd find agreeable."

"Now."

"The Department of Climate Science has taken a keen interest in the climatic control pylons of this station and the experiments performed therein. They would like to know where the databanks for all this weather data could be found, and if it would be possible for an expendable agent aka. a wrecker to retrieve them."

NEW CHALLENGE
AoT Department of Biology
Fill each one of a Horror's three upgrade slots
Try to push a fourth upgrade onto a Horror

«43 »