Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«10 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Beacon Activated!
50 Luxe is uploaded to Bobby-Jack Johnson's account!

The earth shakes!

The ground erupts!

3066-B CANCER enters the Combat Arena at 00.00!





2. STEV ANSAHOK
Salvages for 4 Luxe!


3. CRYO
Salvages for 4 Luxe!


4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Scanning...
Mutant Stalker detected at 03.06!
Wrecker Operative Delta detected at 06.06!
................................................................................................
...........................................................
Scan complete.



6. KAL RISSO
The dive into the Derelict unearths...

Salvages 2x Rich Salvage for 31 Luxe!


7. OPERATIVE DELTA
Ambush prepared!


8.DOOBRIE
Salvages Gamma Crawler for 12 Luxe!


9. SCRAMBLE
Ambush prepared!




Hazard posted:

The Ruststorm Rages!
Cryo's Gamma Enforcer takes 1 damage!
Midge's Gamma Enforcer takes 1 damage!
Alpha Titan takes 1 damage!
3066-B♋ main body takes 1 damage!

The Ruststorm Greatly Intensifies!

Prevailing Conditions for Round 7:
Scan Range is reduced by 1!
Attack Range is reduced by 1!
The Salvage Action will produce twice the listed dice!
All successful attacks against Rigs will do double damage!
In Hazard Phase, all rigs outside a hex with a structure will take 3 damage!

Derelict posted:

DERELICT
Kal Risso is unaffected by Jagged Metal!
Derelict groans alarmingly, but remains stable!












Here we are, Rev.
rear end-Beat Town.
Wreckers, welcome to die.
They're in the oily muscled arms of the Lord, now.




Sponsors posted:

Sponsor Accounts stand as follows:
Vesuvius Space BBQ 10
Pertinax Ammofab 5
RookEngOrg 4
Dr. Yith's Cyberdriver 0
Delphi Pharma 5
Consortium BEADZ 5
Thank you.

Accounts posted:

Current Wrecker account standings:
1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON 87
2. STEV ANSAHOK 54
3. CRYO 83
4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH 14
6. KAL RISSO 10
7. OPERATIVE DELTA 4
8.DOOBRIE 9
9. SCRAMBLE 0

Wreckmas posted:


Time for WRECKMAS!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 10.06!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 11.03!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 07.07!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 04.09!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 06.06!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 12.01!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 12.06!
Supply Drop! A spicy Wreckmas pressie lands at 06.03!

Snatch all the loot you can, but beware the Kramp-S Antipersonnel Detonators!




Wreckers, get Moving!



Sponsor-Only Map


Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at Dec 26, 2017 around 02:33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Please... Don't read this post where other people can see...

[quote="The Lord of Hats" post="479627635"]

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

The rumbling was audible even over the howling of the Ruststorm, and the heads-up on the stand issue comms just confirmed it. Cancer was in play. The robot cancer, not the disease cancer. Well, if someone had wandered into the rad zone then that kind of cancer was probably in play too, but that wasn't the point right now. The point was, now there was a deadline. The longer they stuck around, the more likely it became that they got crushed by a giant crab-bot. Thankfully, judging by the sound, it was some ways off. They'd still have time to grab the treasure. First, though...

"Ruststorm's not getting any better!" Stev shouted over the rising wind. "You guys, get to the wreck, keep those mechs intact! We're going to need them to crack that vault! I''m going to go ahead and pick through that supply drop! Might be something in there that helps us out!"

He pressed a fistful of luxe into each of their hands, tossed a fuel tank to Midge, and strode out into the rust. It was times like this that really made you appreciate a good hat.

Giving 2 luxe each to Midge and Cryo, and giving Midge 3 Fuel. Then I'll head to 04.09

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 3 -> 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 0 -> 1

He could feel himself overheating. He couldn't stay here.

Kal Risso had sought out secret riches and he'd gotten what he'd come for. It was time to leave this rusted out shell of a hellhole before it got even more dangerous. Kal's first instinct was to get himself and his trusty squidpack exfiltrated from the arena of Bottom as safely and as quickly as possible. The problem was: would any of the sponsors ever go for that? It was unlikely - most sponsors only cared about their favorite Wreckers because they wanted to see them get forced into situations involving mayhem, explosions, body modification and bloodshed, whereas the others... they wanted to see a story, they wanted to root for a hero, they wanted to see those heroes get dashed against the rocks of impossibility again and again and again and somehow emerge from it all bloodied but alive. Kal had succeeded in his mission with the Derelict and he'd gotten good and bloodied in the process, but it was simply unheard of to ask to leave the game's arena so early, especially now that the beacon's been activated. Ready or not, big boy mecha-Cancer was primed and coming for them all.

Kal Risso swore an oath as he climbed out of the Derelict and directly into the red thickness of a violent rust storm. He dropped to the salty, rust-blown land below and regained his bearings from what few landmarks he could make out, trudging off in the direction he'd originally come from.

Once he hit dry land, however, Kal completely his lost all sense of direction. Being stuck in the middle of the rust storm meant his Comms tablet was being even less helpful than usual. He went with the age-old practice of letting chance decide his fate. He flipped a coin and follow its marker's bearing...

Where does Kal turn? 1 = Left, 2 = Right: 1d2 2

He followed that bearing until he saw something noteworthy in the distance.

10.05 -> 10.04 -> 10.03 -> 11.02

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017




[DOOBRIE / HP2/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]

08.07≥07.07, go get loots!

As the storm intensifies, Doobrie's breathing mask's filtration system was put to use. His vision was blanketed completely, so he was forced to navigate using the map on his comm tablet. No way to help Scramble, press on.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack stood still, gripping his rifle in silence as he stared at the mechanical horror he had summoned. Was he quieted in deep strategic thought, or merely frozen in fright? Almost certainly the latter. But then again. Maybe it wasn't? At least totally. Perhaps some glimmer of the soldier that fought in the Moon Wars could manifest from behind the thick membrane of craven cowardice?

One could hope, at least.

If Cancer does not move to any Hex, Bobby-Jack won't move either. If it DOES move, then Bobby-Jack moves likewise, to Hex 01.00

Theantero fucked around with this message at Dec 26, 2017 around 16:23

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

Well hell. The storm intensifies enough that Scramble thinks she'll be able to dodge the beast's lashing tongue. No time to look a gift king's horse in the mouth.

Move 10.08 to 10.07

Not Alex fucked around with this message at Dec 27, 2017 around 02:53

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Toilet Rascal



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

Catching the thrown bounty, he nodded curtly and revved up the enforcer, pointing it towards the closest wreck.

"Keep an eye out for the stalker, last I saw it was right behind us."

Head to the wreck at 04:08

nothing to seehere
Nov 11, 2010




[OPERATIVE DELTA/ HP 2/3 / MOVE3 / LUX = 10 RETRACTABLE BLADE]

Oooh, supplies! With the wind up, no hope of getting a shot off ,si might aswell go hunting.

Move to 07.07

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?





[CRYO / HP: 3 [RIG: 3] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 9 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

quote:

Subject ignores the first 2 damage from attacks, but all of subject's attacks are downscaled during encounters when they are successfully hit by an attack.

MOVE to 04.08

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






BOSS: 3066-B CANCER
No movement.


1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
No movement.


2. STEV ANSAHOK
Moves to 04.09!



3. CRYO
Moves to 04.08!



4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Moves to 04.08!
Mutant Stalker moves to 03.07!



6. KAL RISSO
Moves to 11.02!




7. OPERATIVE DELTA
Moves to 07.07!




8.DOOBRIE
Moves to 07.07!




9. SCRAMBLE
Moves to 10.07!





Wreckers, Encounter!



Sponsor-Only Map


The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Please... Don't read this post where other people can see...


[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

In the end, Stev almost tripped over the box as he stumbled through the storm. Visibility had gotten even worse as he'd pressed on past the wreck; he was going to have to hunker down here for a bit if he didn't want to get lost. Still, as miserable as it was, it was nothing that a Wreckmas present couldn't fix! Pulling off a glove, he pressed it against the box's palm reader, and crossed his fingers for luck.

"HO HO HO, MERRY WRECKMAS!" The box blared out into the wind "YOUR ANTERIOR SUB-BRAIN HAS BEEN VERY NAUGHTY INDEED!"

itsheadtakesitsheadtakeitsHEAD! the Voice whispered.

Naughty or Nice?: 1d6 6

"BUT YOU, STEV... WHY, YOU'VE BEEN EVEN NICER THAN YOUR SUB-BRAIN HAS BEEN NAUGHTY! A VERY MERRY WRECKMAS PRESENT TO YOU!"

With an inaudible hiss, the box popped open, and Stev eagerly tore away at the wrapping paper, it had been worth being good! His parents had been right all along! Gently, reverently, he reached in and pulled out...

Wreckmas Pressie Contents: 2#1d20 9 13

A DPM Rifle! A DPM Rifle of his very own! Just like he'd always wanted! "Thank you, Santa!" he shouted to the cameras.

you'llshoottheireyesout!AIMFORTHEIREYESTHEIREYESTHEIREYES!!!!

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Squinting, Kal Risso strode through the dusty corridors of yet another ancient shipwreck, seeking scrap, salvage and salvation from the rust storm.

When he saw something vast and misshapen squirming in the shifting rust-sands ahead, Kal dove for cover and stayed there, slowing his breath. He tapped into the local botnet for area visuals, scanning the area for signs of movement from within the storm. Five total heat signals showed up on his ocular readout (including himself), three of them were roughly man-sized, one of them was larger and swollen, and the last was... yet another tongue-lashing scaled monstrosity?!? Why did it always have to be squamous horrors?

This was not a safe place to be. Not at all. Kal had better places to be and further treasures to find.

First things came first: he was going to get revenge on the horror that bit him.

He pulled the zipcord on his trusty Squidpack and left the mutant brigade far behind him in a choking, blinding cloud of blackness.

Kal Risso retreats with his Squidpack! 11.02 -> 11.03

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!


A little bit of fanart, for the thread:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack leered at the giant rig before him, nodded, and beat a tactical retreat with his trusty squidpack.

"Only idiots and fools would fight a zodiac head on", he announced to the camm droids as he moved under the cloud's cover, "Nah, see, against something that big and powerful? You fight as unfair as you possibly can. That's survivalist 101 stuff right there, folks. If you play dirty enough, even big guys like this here thing fall just fine."

"Of course, in favor of expedience, yours truly could use a lot of punch in a tight package to crack this crab. If any of our venerable sponsors wish to see their goods in particular bring the pain on Cancer, I'll try my very best to give you a show worthy of your time with it."

If any sponsors could throw Bobby-Jack a Coffin Nail so that I can actually really hurt Cancer when I attack it without this all taking like a million turns, then that would be nice.

Squidpacking to Hex 00.01

Theantero fucked around with this message at Dec 30, 2017 around 15:36

nothing to seehere
Nov 11, 2010




[OPERATIVE DELTA/ HP 2/3 / MOVE3 / LUX = 10 RETRACTABLE BLADE]

Great, competition. Doobie looked as eager for that present as he was: Well, he had a squidpack, and Doobie didn't.

Shoot Doobie with my Ez-Rifle


WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017




[DOOBRIE / HP2/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]

A shape in the storm, another wrecker!

"Eh moite, stahms ahfl roite? Wao, chell, aw frehnds ea'"
Subtitles: hey mate, storms awful right? Whoa, chill, all friends here.

He looked him up and down, recognising him from the briefing, and sneakily pressed the com button, switching from low distance broadcast to silent.

"Aelexa, broing ap cahrant cawm laugs foa Aygen Del'a."
Alexa, bring up current comm log for agent Delta.

"Shoite. Moibey doingerahs, moibey nawt, nawt mahch tew gaw own."
Oh my! Maybe dangerous, maybe not, not much to go on.

The radio silence wasn't helping things. The agent was just standing, silent. He was well equipped, that was a squidpack, right?
Still he stood there, Psyking Doobrie out.

Well was working.

He switched the come back to low range, time to try a different tactic.

Pointing the Stinger at Agent Delta, Doobrie shouted over the comms.

"Squed awoi. Naaahw. Or oil froi yew were yew steenhd."
Squid away. Now. Or I'll fry you where you stand.


The barrel of the Stinger crackled.

Aaagh, Agent Delta has me freaked. Maybe overthinking, going back and forth between taking cover, shooting, or doing nothing, settled on the intimidate tactic! So shoot him! He can squid away and be safe, or risk getting deaded.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

More shelling gene-wastes. Too many for even the lovely shotgun to take on before they brought her down. Especially with that lobelord coordinating their efforts. If she can take that one out though...

Scramble lines up a shot. The cable break on a conveniently placed crane.

Improvise: 1d6 4
Crane Boom: 1d8 2

The boom plummets from its rusty perch. THWUMP! A ton of metal drops with perfect bonebreaking force... three feet to the left of the cortex.

Scramble sighs. Maybe her next incarnation will be able to succeed at even one single task.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Retreats to 00.01!


2. STEV ANSAHOK
Stev Ansahok is...Nice!
He may open his Wreckmas gift on Action Phase!


3. CRYO
No encounter.
How you doin'?



4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
No encounter.
You see a sorta neat looking bug?



6. KAL RISSO
Retreats to 11.03!




7. OPERATIVE DELTA and 8. DOOBRIE
Operative Delta attacks Doobrie! A critical hit! Doobrie takes 4 damage and is killed!
Doobrie attacks Operative Delta and hits! Operative Delta takes 3 damage and is killed!

quote:



25 Luxe is uploaded to the accounts of surviving Wreckers!
Two death beacons are lit at 07.07!

A double kill, and a loot-pile of monarchical density for the taking!
Few sights stir the pump-muscle of the swole to righteous pounding than that of two doughty fightmen, each delivering a karmic strike like a falling star to their worthy foe, and together joining the octogon invisible, that august assembly of fustigatorians in the embrace of Muscle Jesus, hand in hand, all beefs forgotten.
Frankly, I just never tire of seeing a human body impaled by a vehicle-rated electroharpoon.
Sister Hazel speaks true. Smell you later, Doobrie and Operative Delta. Smell you later forever.


9. SCRAMBLE
Scramble Improvises!
Crane Boom misses Mutant Cortex!

Mutant Cortex Enhances Mutant Grunt 1! It gains 1 Max HP and upscales its attack to 1d6!
Mutant Cortex Enhances Mutant Grunt 2! It gains 1 Max HP and upscales its attack to 1d6!
Mutant Cortex Enhances Mutant Grunt 3! It gains 1 Max HP and upscales its attack to 1d6!
Mutant Cortex Enhances Mutant Grunt 4! It gains 1 Max HP and upscales its attack to 1d6!
Mutant Grunt 1 misses Scramble!
Mutant Grunt 2 attacks Scramble! Scramble takes no damage!
Mutant Grunt 3 misses Scramble!
Mutant Grunt 4 misses Scramble!




Wreckers take Action!



Sponsor-Only Map


Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here

What an upset!

Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems would like to reward Bobby-Jack's testicular fortitude in wishing to engage Cancer with a Coffin Nail, and wish all surviving wreckers the best of luck in the coming new year.

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

On his approach, Kal Risso moved silently and swiftly under the cover of the swirling sands, making headway toward a familiar landmark that loomed in the distance. It jutted out from the encroaching sandstorm like a rigid spike of ancient metal: the massive crane stood there, imposing, groaning in the whipping wind. Directly beneath it was the scaly monstrosity that had lashed and mangled Kal so horribly and swallowed his supply drop from Rook-Eng-Org. Kal mentally marked the region off on his readouts and and backed off to the outermost range of the beast's senses. Visibility was extremely low, which had worked in his favor. The squamous horror hadn't noticed him, which was good.

Time to take this nice and slow. Kal began searching the area for something that might be of use to him...

Kal Risso sets up an Ambush!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

.....Scan........

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Two death beacons? There was a story there.

Not one that Bobby-Jack had much time to concentrate upon though, he was far too busy scouting routes and a good nest for sniping.

Setting up an ambush on Hex 00.01

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Toilet Rascal



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

He frowned as the dual death-beacons pinged, right on the Wreckmas beacon. Glancing across to Cryo, he shook his head and called up the map, touching on 06:09 and then 07:07. It might take some yelling to keep Stev in the loop as well, but his lungs were good for it.

"Two wreckers killing each other over a wreckmas gift, that's almost Moon Wars tier madness, yes? Still, the least we can do is pay our respects if the storm abates."

Salvage: 3

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017



Lucinda VIII Keel-Thoristew set down her drink, turned from the conversation and glanced at the holo feed. The agent was dead? She had liked him, oh well.

Zooming in on the map, the feeds, and the probability tags, looks like things were gearing up for a finale.

She gestured to some friends and waved to the side of the room where the larger setups were, this was getting exciting. Maybe they could drop an airstrike or something before it ended, how fun!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






Boss: 3066-B Cancer (49/50 HP)

Survey Remote Deployed! Survey Remote burrows beneath the ground!
Repair Remote Deployed! Repair Remote restores 1 HP to Cancer!

Cancer is deploying its tactical options. Aw, they're cute!
They're little guys, but you'd be a real zhūtu to ignore them. That repair bit will buff out all those scratches and dings the Wreckers worked so hard to put on Cancer, and the surveyor will track down anybody Grandmaster Snips has lost sight of!
Won't the Ruststorm just grind them down?
Don't worry, Haze! Big C shelters her young, like the mythical duck of legend!


1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Ambush prepared!
Pertinax Ammofab spends 40 Luxe (5 Sponsor, 35 Wrecker) on behalf of Bobby-Jack Johnson to purchase Drone Delivery of a Coffin Nail! It will arrive on Sponsor Phase.


2. STEV ANSAHOK
The Wreckmas Pressie contains: DPM Rifle! Now you have a rifle, ho ho ho!



3. CRYO
Salvages for 7 Luxe!


4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Salvages for 7 Luxe!


6. KAL RISSO
Ambush prepared!


9. SCRAMBLE
Scanning...
................................................................................................
Warning! Atmospheric particulates exceed filter tolerance!
0eh`BM#FxcDW1qNpElcMA\Oiu6PK7eq1{eqv]E'Ic/.iYWWfWrecker Meat Bastard detected at 1111110.007!
(U2yL[-Dm7VV*u}1B.<&yfeT%Xl_WnObtuse Mandrill detected at 100.060!
^kVK5_hoN9[`\(&eUq3M~4GMs< :jSSpikes Masterface detected at 010.800!
'#H86CHr4^$QA(BR&CY.EScan incomplete!





Ruststorm posted:

The Ruststorm Rages!
Alpha Titan takes 3 damage (6/10)!
3066-B♋ main body takes 3 damage (47/50)!

The Ruststorm Slackens Greatly!

Prevailing Conditions for Round 8:
The Salvage Action will produce an additonal 1 Luxe per die!
All successful attacks against Rigs will do 1 additonal damage!
In Hazard Phase, all rigs outside a hex with a structure will take 1 damage!
Decree Aeropaths forecast clear skies ahead!


Quite a round, wouldn't you say, Rev?
I could expound at great lyrical length on the ballistic ballet of round previous, dear Hazel! But loyal viewers know Reverend Ocho doesn't break poetic until the breakin's done.
And we very well may be entering endgame, here.


Drone Delivery! posted:

Drone Delivery! A Coffin Nail has arrived for Bobby-Jack Johnson!

Sponsors posted:

Remaining accounts of Wreckers Operative Delta and Doobrie have been transferred (less transaction fee) to the Wrecker Retirement Fund. Any Sponsor purchase may draw from Wrecker Retirement Fund.

The following Sponsors receive a 5 Luxe stipend this round:
Pertinax Ammofab
Lucinda VIII Keel-Thoristew

Sponsor Accounts stand as follows:
Vesuvius Space BBQ 10
Pertinax Ammofab 5
RookEngOrg 4
Dr. Yith's Cyberdriver 0
Delphi Pharma 5
Consortium BEADZ 5
Lucinda VIII Keel-Thoristew 5
Wrecker Retirement Fund 11
Thank you.

Accounts posted:

Current Wrecker account standings:
1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON 77
2. STEV ANSAHOK 79
3. CRYO 108
4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH 39
6. KAL RISSO 35
9. SCRAMBLE 25



Wreckers, get Moving!



Sponsor-Only Map


Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2018 around 02:55

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Please... Don't read this post where other people can see...


[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

Stev was all set to head off to the vault when he heard a familiar voice shout over the slackening wind. His subbrain didn't particularly seem to agree with the change in plans heads!, but Stev trusted Midge, and besides, he wasn't about to crack that vault on his own. Whistling, Stev headed off towards the death beacons, then looked into the distance. Hm... it'd be a bit of a detour, but he should arrive at the same time as he would have anyways.

Moving 4.09->5.08->6.09

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007



Toilet Rascal



[MIDGE/ HP: 5 [RIG:2]/ MOVE: 1 [RIG:2]/ CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:2

Worst of the storm cooling down, it was time to hunker in the next bunker. Expertly pulling the Enforcer into a crouched, lumbering run, he headed towards the next spot of cover.

Move to 06:09

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

As Kal Risso traced his route through the scattered wreckage, the corners of his rebreather mask turned slightly in a frown. He'd been planning something big in this region, but now that the rust storm was diminishing, he no longer had a suitable defense against the longer-ranged mutants in this region. That meant that the squamous horror he'd encountered along with those mutants could probably seek him out if he stayed put for too long.

He didn't intend to stay here much longer, that was for sure. He dragged the last component into place and stepped back, admiring his handiwork. It was time to move.

Kal Risso performs no hex movement!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack made no movement from his chosen nest, merely observing Cancer and its doings with his binoculars in total silence.

No movement

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2018 around 13:56

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

Huh, still alive. Still Scramble, even.

Only momentarily shocked, Scramble lunges to one side of a bumbling mutie and hip slides over the hood of a wrecked car. She isn't a distance runner but should be able to dodge these drem-leavings for at least a while.

Move 10.07 to 11.06

As she runs, Scramble ignores the blinking death notice on her wristcomp. The longer she avoids looking at it the longer she can pretend her ally had used her distraction to make it somewhere safe instead of... whatever happened.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






Boss: 3066-B Cancer
No movement.


1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
No movement!



Survey Remote emerges!
Survey Remote is eligible for Ambush!


2. STEV ANSAHOK
Moves to 06.09!




3. CRYO
Moves to 06:09!




4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Moves to 06:09!




6. KAL RISSO
No movement ordered!




9. SCRAMBLE
Moves to 11.06!





Wreckers, Encounter destiny!



Sponsor-Only Map


Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 02:19

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Please... Don't read this post where other people can see...


[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 7L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATION: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY]

While his face wasn't visible, Stev's posture noticeably brightened as he saw Cryo and Midge.

"Oh, hey! Wasn't sure you guys were going to come this way, it's good to meet up with you again! Let's try and keep this detour short, my fingers are itching for whatever's in that--"

Suddenly, the annoying whisper of the sub-brain became a deafening roar as a Beta Enforcer stepped out from behind a wall, armaments at the ready.

"IN THAT HEAD! YOUR SKULL! GIVE ME YOUR SKULL!" Stev cried as he suddenly found himself rushing recklessly into the fray, the swings of his hammer going wide in his frenzy. Inwardly, he reflected that this might be something of a problem in the future, but that would have to wait until he had that precious skull in his hands.

Hammer Time!: 1d8 3

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at Jan 2, 2018 around 19:58

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

Already in a bad mood, Scramble begins ranting as several mutant grunts move to bar her path.

"drat uncurated gene tweakers. 'Boohoo, I've been exposed to mutagens. Do I do the responsible thing and get nu-helix treatment? Learn self encoding meditation? Go so far into debt while attempting to reach apotheosis that bloodsports are one's only recourse? No! I gibber and drool in someone else's way until they get fed up and shotgun my face off.'"

Scramble punctuates this diatribe by shotgunning several faces off.

Attack: 1d12 8
Rampage!
Attack: 1d12 11

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack peered from the top of a ruined apartment building as the Survey Remote surfaced exactly where he thought it would. And with a great heave, he pushed the wreck of a destroyed crane to fall down...

Down...

And impact the ground, a good ten meters to the side of the thing. Bobby-Jack cringed. And all the enforcers were looking that way now too.

Well, time to make himself scarce!

Improvise: 1d6= 4
Crane Booming the Survey Remote: 1d8= 1
As my non-ambush action, I am Squidpacking to Hex 00.00

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?





[CRYO / HP: 3 [RIG: 2] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 7 / LUXE: 13 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Cryo aimed her rickety old electro-harpoon and squeezed....

Shoot: 1d6 6

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

No no no no no no no no!

Kal Risso muttered curses under his breath as the Squamous Horror simply bounded past his carefully-laid ambush as if nothing had been in its way at all. Kal had no reason to stick around here... If he wanted to get at those goods the horror had swallowed up, he had better come back with increased firepower.

Kal Risso Retreats using his Squidpack! 11.03 -> 12.03

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011






1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Bobby-Jack Johnson Ambushes Survey Remote with Crane Boom!
Crane Boom misses Survey Remote!
Bobby-Jack Johnson retreats to 00.00!


2. STEV ANSAHOK
Stev Ansahok misses Beta Enforcer!


3. CRYO
Cryo attacks Beta Enforcer! Beta enforcer takes 3 damage and is disabled!


4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
No Encounter order.


6. KAL RISSO
Retreats to 12.03!


9. SCRAMBLE
Mutant Grunt 1 misses Scramble!
Mutant Grunt 2 misses Scramble!
Mutant Grunt 3 attacks Scramble! Scramble takes no damage!

Scramble attacks Mutant Grunt 1! Mutant Grunt 1 takes 2 damage and dies!
Shotgun Rampage! Mutant Grunt 2 takes 1 damage and dies!

2 Luxe has been uploaded to Scramble's account for mutant bounties!




Wreckers, take Action!



Sponsor-Only Map


Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...


[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 6 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Well, the big guy should still be somewhere hereabouts. Now he just had to wait and see if the remote came back to trigger a second expertly laid trap. What were the chances he'd fail twice in a row, after all?

Laying an Ambush in Hex 00.00

Prince of Space
Apr 17, 2016

Your weapons are useless against me!



Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 2/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 33 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

There was nothing here - nothing here at all. Nonetheless, Kal had to keep moving, had to keep on the go, had to always be trying to find more goods that could be salvaged for scrap. He cast his eyes about the cracked desert, searching for anything of value.

Salvage Roll: 1d6+1 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012



[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 2 luxe

Scramble keeps her shotgun trained on the mutant as the two other bodies hit the floor.

"I'd be scavenging this zone right now if it wasn't for your demi-human rear end trying fruitlessly to gnaw through my carapace."

She fumbles at her wrist comp with her free hand. Maybe the weather had cleared enough for a decent scan.

.....Scan........

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«10 »